Options

***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• Options
    gardenlovergardenlover Posts: 185
    BUMP-Goodnight ya'll

food for thought-chow down->

"The genius of the United States is not best or most in its executives or legislators, nor in its ambassadors or authors or colleges or churches, or parlors, nor even in its newspapers or inventors, but always most in the common people."
    Uncle Walt

"Fellow citizens, we cannot escape history. The fiery trial through which we pass will light us down in honor or dishonor to the last generation."
    Abe Lincoln

"We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break, the bonds of our affection."
    Abe Lincoln

"Sometimes it is said that a man cannot be trusted with the government of himself. Can he then be trusted with the government of others; or have we found angels in the forms of kings to govern him? Let history answer this question."
    Thomas Jefferson
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    dangerboy wrote:
    ditto. except please also find your way to

virginia beach
    charlotte
    greensboro
    raleigh
    maybe HOB myrtle beach
    atlanta
    columbia
    greenville/spartanburg
    charleston

maybe hit florida while you're at it? ORLANDO!!!!
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    BPH_4LIFE wrote:
    Why apologize?? They insult us by not making this thread a sticky. It is important to the fans from the South to see PJ within a reasonable distance to a Southern state. All we are asking, is make this thread a sticky.

Now, onto PJ. Come on guys. Do not treat us like this. I have never come to this board or said anything negative in person about PJ. I blow my money on shirts, tickets, albums, bootlegs, Ten Club memberships, etc. I just want a chance to see you guys live, several times, closer to my home. I do not make the money that others on this board make to travel across the country to see you guys. I want to see you perform live in a bad way and just want the opportunity that you gave the other parts of the country to see you play within a reasonable distance from their homes.

Please find your way to:

Little Rock, Oklahoma City, Tulsa (A city you have never been to), Omaha, Kansas City, Shreveport, Dallas, Memphis. Hell come play in my back yard and I will provide the wine, beer, and pot.

GREAT POST!!!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    mwachsmanmwachsman Posts: 474
    Please!!!
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • Options
    cassidpcassidp Posts: 31
    Bump
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Don't be scared of the mosquito's!

come back.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    mrwolfemrwolfe Posts: 7
    come on guys
  • Options
    btb002btb002 Posts: 183
    We're not worthy, we're not worthy, we're scum....we suck!

please play the south
    You are just a negative mindless pud.
  • Options
    Please!!!
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Its been a while since I signed this.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    Just stopping by to beg for a show!
  • Options
    i like to think of the denver shows as appetizers before the main course when they come thru the south.

i'm not mad at ya'll PJ. have a good show in portland. peace.
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    I Wish I Was the Pearl Jam Show
    The One They Played Down South
    Brian
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Well all you diehard PJ fans of the SOUTH...Tomorrow I will have the unbelievable good fortune to board a plane to Seattle and then drive down to the Gorge to see our boys on Sat and Sun.

Know this!! I'll be carrying all your hopes and wishes for a tour of the South in my heart.....and I'll be yelling as loud as I can that they need to come on down for a tour.

In the meantime, KEEP ROCKING THIS THREAD FOR PJ TO TOUR THE SOUTH!!!! AND get that damn sticky for us........!!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    jubilairesjljubilairesjl Posts: 497
    Indy may not be south but play Indy because I need my dose of live PJ again!!! Bootlegs aren't enough to satisfy me.
    Noblesville 6/22/2003 St. Louis 5/4/2010 East Troy 9/4/2011
    Cleveland 5/20/2006 Columbus 5/6/2010 Chicago 7/19/2013
    Cincinnatti 6/24/2006 Noblesville 5/7/2010. Buffalo 10/12/2013
    Lollapalooza 8/5/2007 Mountain View 10/23/2010 Cincinnatti 10/1/2014
    Washington D.C. 6/22/2008 Mountain View 10/24/2010 St. Louis 10/3/2014
    Chicago 8/22/2008(EV Solo) St. Louis 7/1/2011 (EV Solo) St. Paul 10/19/2014
    Kansas City 5/3/2010 East Troy 9/3/2011 Milwaukee 10/20/2014
    Hampton 4/18/2016 Columbia 4/21/2016 Lexington 4/26/2016
    NYC 5/2/2016
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    Indy may not be south but play Indy because I need my dose of live PJ again!!! Bootlegs aren't enough to satisfy me.

how about south indy?

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    I will be devastated if they don't play Tampa Bay.
    Please, please, don't skip FL! I know we have a "Bush" problem, but we are working on fixing it.
  • Options
    they seemed to have such a good time playing kissimmee in the vote for change tour. didnt we prove we're not all oil grubbing bush lovers here in florida??
    please god, play florida! for us transported northerners who are stuck down here.
    and while youre at it, heres a couple songs id like to here:

leash (finally a possibility!), god's dice, release, no way (by the way, whats up with them never playing this??), red mosquito, and bugs. yes, bugs.
  • Options
    Please!!!
  • Options
    lance_graylance_gray Posts: 166
    I'll sign for the upteenth time!
    Dallas '98 - Dallas '00 - OKC '03 - Dallas '03

www.myspace.com/lance_gray

www.bonafidedarling.com
  • Options
    Please!!!
  • Options
    presenttentspresenttents Posts: 171
    bump for the south...again.

have a great weekend everyone...rock on
    4/18/03, 10/6/04, 9/11/05, 6/24/06, 6/16/08, ?
  • Options
    presenttentspresenttents Posts: 171
    bump for the south...again.

have a great weekend everyone...rock on
    4/18/03, 10/6/04, 9/11/05, 6/24/06, 6/16/08, ?
  • Options
    yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    bump bump bump
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    Please!!!
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Yoooo Hooooo! Its us down here in the South. You know, the ones without any PJ shows in their relative vicinity. We're still alive! Don't forget us guys.
    Brian
  • Options
    Please play at a few spots in Florida. Anywhere within a hour-two hours drive of gainesville would be amazing. Come on...
  • Options
    abhi101cruabhi101cru Posts: 223
    BUMP...please please please please play the south. Anywhere within a 6 hour drive from Austin would be nice...
    Sorry is the fool who trades his soul for a corvette, thinks he'll get the girl he'll only get the mechanic...

Atlantic City: 09/30/05, 10/01/05
  • Options
    Yes, yes. Please play south of Los Angeles, North of San Diego, right in Irvine Ca.
    OBAMA BABY
  • Options
    Vedder4PrezVedder4Prez Posts: 796
    I met Ed last weekend and let him know the South missed them like they didn't know

hope that helps the cause.. spring of 07 would be perfect but i dont see that happening
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14