Options

***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Every time I travel to a southern city for business it makes want to bump this thread. So, here I sit in the beautiful town of Columbia, SC, bumping this thread.

Come on PJ, play the SOUTH!!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    show us some Gorge setlist love with the rest of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    #1632 reasons to play the south WE MISS YOU!!!!!!!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Just got home from the Gorge I & II. It was an INDESCRIBABLE, EMOTION- LADEN experience....! Not to mention that it was 114 degrees the first day and 116 the second. I put a note in Mike's CCFA scrapbook asking them to PLEASE PLAY THE SOUTH!!! Mike is so fucking awesome, the guy loves the fans..... The south deserves the same opportunities as the northeast and west so
    PLEASE PLAY THE SOUTH!!!!!!!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    mwachsmanmwachsman Posts: 475
    Please!!!
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    found this on the given to fly forum...

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=205186&page=12

read the whole page....somebody who claims intimate knowledge says...well, you read it...

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    I miss you all ready.....
    I miss you all ways......

PLAY THE SOUTH!!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    dangerboy wrote:

read the whole page....somebody who claims intimate knowledge says...well, you read it...

There seems to be more and more hints that there will be additional touring. Ganjafarmer just said "more to come" in his "How did everyone enjoy the tour" thread:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=208301
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Bump....................................................:)
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    There seems to be more and more hints that there will be additional touring. Ganjafarmer just said "more to come" in his "How did everyone enjoy the tour" thread:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=208301

god, i hope this shit is true....but in a way, i hope they play a few more in nyc, too, so maybe some of the people who already saw northeast shows will ease up on the southern shows...they get a shitload of time to re-save for another leg...

• Options
    Please!!!
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • Options
    Dude. Somewhere close to Gainesville.
  • Options
    LizardkingLizardking Posts: 936
    ED @ Gorge II

"This is the last stop for us on the US Tour"

South Not happening, sorry but he has spoken!!!
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
    Lizardking wrote:
    ED @ Gorge II

pretty sure there have been last stops before..

We get them in the winter!
  • Options
    Lizardking wrote:
    ED @ Gorge II

look, you posted the very same gleeful comment as its own thread...but don't come into this thread and start pissing on our parade...that's just mean...

• Options
    Still hopeful in Florida!! Please come hang with us in the south.
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • Options
    mamasan3mamasan3 Posts: 8
    Please Come Down Here! I Know Its Mostly Red States But There Are Lots Of Fans Down Here Who Want To See The Band Withouth Having To Fly All Over The Place!!!!! Its Not Fair!!!!!
    I, wanna rock n roll all night, and part of every day~
    m. mcready
  • Options
    mamasan3mamasan3 Posts: 8
    I've had a feeeling they would go overseas and then take a little break and then play the US areas not played on the previous US leg
    I, wanna rock n roll all night, and part of every day~
    m. mcready
  • Options
    Please!!!
  • Options
    abhi101cruabhi101cru Posts: 223
    Please oh please play the South. I beg you!!!
    Sorry is the fool who trades his soul for a corvette, thinks he'll get the girl he'll only get the mechanic...

Atlantic City: 09/30/05, 10/01/05
  • Options
    Please!!!
  • Options
    HkyPuck10HkyPuck10 Posts: 27
    Signing petition

please play the south, having panic attacks because i'm not able to go to any shows. Seriously needing a Pearl Jam show
    1998- Birmingham
    2000- Atlanta, Memphis, & Nashville
    2003- Birmingham, Nashville, & Atlanta
    2008- Columbia
    2009- Memphis (EV Solo)
    2009- Philadelphia (10/31)
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Please play some cities that don't suck............if you have to ask if your city sucks, then, it probably does.........
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    Lunchtime Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    back to the top....

please. please. please....seeing the pics from the gorge are now officially actually physically hurting me to look at....

• Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    dangerboy wrote:

Hmmmm...........interesting read there. Keep posting folks.

Why swim the channel just to get this far?
    Halfway there, why would you turn around?
    Brian
  • Options
    Daily Bump! I Love This Band!!
  • Options
    solracsolrac Posts: 21
    After going to the SF3 show... I can't wait to get one here in Atlanta.
    *fingers crossed*
    7.18.06 (Finally!)
    6.22.08 (With my little bro!)
  • Options
    gardenlovergardenlover Posts: 185
    bumpity, bump, bump.

Who are we? Who are any of us? Are we one person fixed at birth? Do we grow like a snowball coming down the mountainside of life, or can we change, shed our skin? A caterpillar becomes the butterfly, leaving the remains of his former self behind.
    I look at my yearbook photo-and I wonder who that stranger is. Damned if I know. Maybe that's the point, maybe we're not supposed to know, maybe that's what this earthly joy ride's all about
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
  • Options
    Bdog10Bdog10 Boca Posts: 471
    I remember the first boot I ever heard from PJ was 4-3-94. The Fox theather in Atlanta. I was a big fan before I ever heard them live, but after listening to that show I was hooked for life. I'll never forget hearing another brick in the wall as the Daughter tag and thinking to myself, this is the bible. I moved down from NY to the Atl about 2 years ago so I am really itching for a show in the South. How great would it be if they were to play the Fox again. I know it's small but my god that would be great.
    "I want to go...but I don't want to go alone...With you I could never feel alone..."

Randall's Island 96 and haven't stopped since...