Options

***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Yeah, and another Southern dynasty football program -
    The Seminoles of Florida State.

BUMP for the NOLES!!!!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    Building on that idea...play a bunch of off-the-beaten-path southern cities:

• Chattanooga, TN
    • Auburn, Al
    • Valdosta, Ga
    • Murfreesboro, TN
    • Elizabethtown, KY (Rukus would open)

PBM

Gotta disagree with you, PBM.

I live in Tallahassee and can say with complete objectivity that Valdosta is not a town we want Pearl Jam to play.

To keep it in the same region, I wouldn't mind seeing them play Gainesville, FL or Savannah, GA.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    weenie wrote:
    Yeah, and another Southern dynasty football program -
    The Seminoles of Florida State.

BUMP for the NOLES!!!!

Too bad TLH doesn't have a decent venue for PJ to play in.

The Tucker Center has terrible acoustics and this is SUCH a bad city for rock concerts.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    robis726robis726 Posts: 132
    Or Anywhere In Tx!!!
    Oh, if I knew where it was I would take you there...

Austin, Texas 09-16-1995
    Columbia, Maryland 09-04-2000
    San Antonio, Texas 04-05-2003
    Santa Barbara, California 07-13-2006
    Universal City, California 10-01-2009
    Austin, Texas 10-04-2009
    Dallas, Texas 11-15-2013
    Mexico City, Mexico 11-28-2015
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 04-08-2016
    Miami, Florida 04-09-2016
    Chicago, Illinois I 08-20-2016
    Chicago, Illinois II 08-22-2016
    Seattle, Washington I 08-08-2018
    Seattle, Washington II 08-10-2018
    Boston, Massachusets I 09-02-2018
    Austin, Texas 09-18-2023
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    rhinomagic wrote:
    Gotta disagree with you, PBM.

It was tongue in cheek. ;)

I've been through Valdosta once on my way to Florida...that's the only reason I know it. :)

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    It was tongue in cheek. ;)

I've been through Valdosta once on my way to Florida...that's the only reason I know it. :)

PBM

Coming to Florida to organize our CCFA functions? That is, when they come down here?
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • Options
    SPALMA wrote:
    Coming to Florida to organize our CCFA functions?

Only if they play Del Bocha Vista. I'm on the verge of concert-retirement.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Only if they play Del Bocha Vista. I'm on the verge of concert-retirement.

PBM
    All because of the impending Little Pissbottle person?????
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    All because of the impending Little Pissbottle person?????

Nah...I think I'm burnt out on shows...I need a little vacation from Pearl Jam concerts.

PBM

• Options
    Nah...I think I'm burnt out on shows...I need a little vacation from Pearl Jam concerts.

PBM
    Looks like the extreme heat has gotten to someone.............:D
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Come Back
    Brian
  • Options
    Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    Pearl Jam has to see this! Im sure they will play the south!
    I'll be back
  • Options
    Maybe we should print out all 1,521 posts and present them to the guys at The Gorge. I'd have a hard time fitting all that paper into my little carry bag though. Maybe someone who lives closer than I do could do it. We could ty a big fat spliv ontop with a bow.....
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    THE LOOKTHE LOOK Posts: 324
    Bumping for Charlotte
    Bigfoot is blurry.
    - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,079
    YES....Aye and I PLEAD......

NORTH CAROLINA!!!!!

Please, please!
    Shut the fuck up, stupid.
    ~ Ice Queen
  • Options
    BPH_4LIFEBPH_4LIFE Posts: 43
    There is no legitimate reason why this thread is not a sticky.

Please play any of these cities:
    Little Rock, Memphis, Tulsa, Oklahoma City, Springfield Missouri, Kansas City, Shreveport, Dallas.
    Austin 1995
    Dallas 2000
    Oklahoma City 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Dallas 2013
    OKC 2013
    Tulsa 2014
    Memphis 2014

"you can't be neutral on a moving train"
  • Options
    holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    PLEASE PLAY FOR US! We deserve it! We are FAITHFULL!!!!!!!!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • Options
    gardenlovergardenlover Posts: 185
    i'll say again:

Just try. Try to name a part of the country -- or the world, for that matter --that's done more for music in the last 150 years than these Southern United States.

We birthed the blues. We launched rock 'n' roll. We've been the seat of gospel, the bastion of bluegrass, the home to the world's hottest hip-hop. We've dug deep down to our Nappy Roots, fostered Stephen Foster, screamed "Sweet Home Alabama" and gotten straight-up Ludacris, from Memphis to Mobile to Uncle Tupelo.

Southern music encompasses all kinds of styles, yet it hangs together as a coherent genre. Nobody's ever heard of New England music or Midwestern music, but down here we know that rock can have soul and rap can be country, and even wimpy folk can count so long as it's got Carolina in its mind. Southern music's more of a sensibility than a sound.

The South is about big ideas (like pain and redemption) and small pleasures (like the look of grandma's hands). The South is also increasingly diverse -- racially, economically and politically.

If our music has a common thread, it's the thread of hope -- hope that this mystical land won't lose all that's made it special and that it's not too proud to admit when it's wrong. Those are some big challenges. But they're nothing the music can't handle.

So, c'mon fellas let's get ya down here early 2007-it ain't the growin season, but we'll feed you real good. Take care PJ nation-goodnight and peace.
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
  • Options
    holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    well said
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • Options
    I wish I could sign this a thousand times if it would work! PLEASE, PJ- play NC, SC, VA- wherever asap!
  • Options
    Definately Charlotte! Come to the Bi-Lo again in SC as well!
  • Options
    i'll say again:

Just try. Try to name a part of the country -- or the world, for that matter --that's done more for music in the last 150 years than these Southern United States.

We birthed the blues. We launched rock 'n' roll. We've been the seat of gospel, the bastion of bluegrass, the home to the world's hottest hip-hop. We've dug deep down to our Nappy Roots, fostered Stephen Foster, screamed "Sweet Home Alabama" and gotten straight-up Ludacris, from Memphis to Mobile to Uncle Tupelo.

Southern music encompasses all kinds of styles, yet it hangs together as a coherent genre. Nobody's ever heard of New England music or Midwestern music, but down here we know that rock can have soul and rap can be country, and even wimpy folk can count so long as it's got Carolina in its mind. Southern music's more of a sensibility than a sound.

The South is about big ideas (like pain and redemption) and small pleasures (like the look of grandma's hands). The South is also increasingly diverse -- racially, economically and politically.

If our music has a common thread, it's the thread of hope -- hope that this mystical land won't lose all that's made it special and that it's not too proud to admit when it's wrong. Those are some big challenges. But they're nothing the music can't handle.

So, c'mon fellas let's get ya down here early 2007-it ain't the growin season, but we'll feed you real good. Take care PJ nation-goodnight and peace.

Great post. Aside from wanting boys down here, I enjoyed just reading what you wrote.
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    Good night BUMP for the South~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!!
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    spinDrAtl wrote:
    Count me in.

Atlanta
    Charlotte
    Nashville
    Knoxville
    Birmingham
    Charleston
    Tampa
    Orlando

I'd suggest throwing in a small concert at the little outdoor ampitheater in Seaside FL. That will hold a couple hundred devoted fans and they could play 'Oceans'.

Please play Florida ..we fucking miss you guys!!
  • Options
    BetterRadioBetterRadio Posts: 189
    do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it.
    They're gonna tell you where to walk
    When to smile and just what to say
    They say have your own fun...

Need vinyl, doggs.
  • Options
    Do It!
    myspace.com/goldenboy25

"I wish I was a messenger and all the news was good."
  • Options
    Where's the love??????????
  • Options
    Tuesday morning bump for the South....
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    mwachsmanmwachsman Posts: 474
    Please!!!
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • Options
    Please play Charlotte, Greenville SC, etc....PLEASE!!!!