Options

***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• Options
    If Pearl Jam doesn't add more dates down in the heart of america then I wont be able to see them this tour. And if that happens I will kill myself.

Do you guys really want that on your consciences?
    I think not.

Come rock with us please!!! WE need it!
    "Understand me, know my name.
    Learn my heart, bear witness against this claim.
    Hear my voice and hear my words.
    Know their meaning.
    An application of freedom, self sacrifice."

-Very Special Guests "Blue Light"
  • Options
    yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    keep this thread on the top of the page! Keep the faith!!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Where's our sticky Kat and Sea~~~~~~~~???
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    mwachsmanmwachsman Posts: 474
    Please!!!
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • Options
    lance_graylance_gray Posts: 166
    They will play the south. I can feel that tremor in the force.
    Dallas '98 - Dallas '00 - OKC '03 - Dallas '03

www.myspace.com/lance_gray

www.bonafidedarling.com
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    dangerboy wrote:
    ok, follow me, now....

let's talk politics. let's talk dixie chicks. a grouped that's at some times been lumped in with the likes of bruce springsteen and pearl jam, you know, those outspoken musicians.....

ok. so the black crowes were in town two days ago. in town, that's raleigh, north carolina, amen. a few years ago, audley freed got hired by them. he's from raleigh. he was in a little combo known as cry of love, who had a couple of monster national rock radio hits in the early 90's...peace pipe, for one....anyway, after the 300,000 limit was instituted by sony/epic/columbia around 1994, they got dropped....audley got hired by the crowes and played on by your side and with jimmy page...

anyway, i saw a friend the other day who actually USED TO WORK FOR PEARL JAM who is from here, and during our conversation i asked him if audley was still with the crowes, so he says 'no he's on the road with the dixie chicks right now'....

so there ya go. for those who think we're all backwards, one of our leading musicians is out with the dixie chicks right now.

oh, and didja notice that i said the friend i found this out from is a former crew member for pearl jam?

oh, and i forgot to note that there's another long-time, from the beginning former crew member also from raleigh. they've even sung happy birthday to him during a show before.....hmmmm (goes to search the concert chronology on twofeetthick.com )

play raleigh. amongst the others, of course. every city has its own stories. this one just happens to be one of ours.....

I didnt realize that Audley Freed was part of Cry of Love. Damn that brings me back to the early to mid 90s when I was in college. "Peacepipe" was a killer song! That along with The Archers of Loaf "Web in Front" and Superchunk's "Driveway to Driveway" are some of my favorite 90s songs and all by local bands. Good stuff.
    Speaking of the Crowes, I saw them Wed. night (check my sig.). You would have thought that Freed would have stuck with them, but then again they have had a lot of tension over the years and a lot of lineup changes. I guess he didn't want to do it anymore.
    Brian
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    bump, bump, bump

sticky, sticky, sticky

you cannot deny us :)
  • Options
    The 100th page!!!! Woo Hoo
    Let's keep it rollin..............
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Bump
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    Sunday morning BUMP to the front page.....

PLAY THE SOUTH!!!!!!!!
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    weenie wrote:
    Sunday morning BUMP to the front page.....

PLAY THE SOUTH!!!!!!!!
    Right back at ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    Right back at ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good morning!!
    Question for you....where did that paragraph that you use as your signature come from? I LOVE it.
    Thanks
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    Sunday morning wakeup call!
    Brian
  • Options
    BPH_4LIFEBPH_4LIFE Posts: 43
    I have to admit, I am totally let down by those that run this site. The simple truth that THIS thread is not a sticky is insulting. Almost 1,500 posts and respect.

Make this a sticky, PLEASE!!!
    Austin 1995
    Dallas 2000
    Oklahoma City 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Dallas 2013
    OKC 2013
    Tulsa 2014
    Memphis 2014

"you can't be neutral on a moving train"
  • Options
    I guess because they see several of us bumping on a regular basis, they think the 1500 is NOT legitimate enough?...... That's the ONLY reason I an think of.
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    tdubtdub Posts: 226
    isn't there a rumor out there, from two sources (who seems credible) that they will hit the south in spring of 2007??

i know its not confirmed - but its hope. one of those sources was the band that PJ had asked to open for them.

hope.
  • Options
    tdub wrote:
    isn't there a rumor out there, from two sources (who seems credible) that they will hit the south in spring of 2007??

i know its not confirmed - but its hope. one of those sources was the band that PJ had asked to open for them.

hope.

Yeah, but I'm not so sure that it wasn't a rumor that was started by people on this thread...... Seriously though, someone DID say that they knew a guy who was connected to a band that was asked to open. Besides I don't see how they can ignore one whole section of the country (all smart ass remarks about the South aside).
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    lance_graylance_gray Posts: 166
    weenie wrote:
    Yeah, but I'm not so sure that it wasn't a rumor that was started by people on this thread...... Seriously though, someone DID say that they knew a guy who was connected to a band that was asked to open. Besides I don't see how they can ignore one whole section of the country (all smart ass remarks about the South aside).

One of the posters on this thread said they were told that by someone who works for PJ. I hope he wasn't shitting us. But, I don't think this person was since they have also been signing this petition.
    Dallas '98 - Dallas '00 - OKC '03 - Dallas '03

www.myspace.com/lance_gray

www.bonafidedarling.com
  • Options
    Please!!!
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • Options
    Where's our sticky???????????????????????????????????????????????
    BUMP!
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    robis726robis726 Posts: 132
    bump. YES...1500th post!!!
    Oh, if I knew where it was I would take you there...

Austin, Texas 09-16-1995
    Columbia, Maryland 09-04-2000
    San Antonio, Texas 04-05-2003
    Santa Barbara, California 07-13-2006
    Universal City, California 10-01-2009
    Austin, Texas 10-04-2009
    Dallas, Texas 11-15-2013
    Mexico City, Mexico 11-28-2015
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 04-08-2016
    Miami, Florida 04-09-2016
    Chicago, Illinois I 08-20-2016
    Chicago, Illinois II 08-22-2016
    Seattle, Washington I 08-08-2018
    Seattle, Washington II 08-10-2018
    Boston, Massachusets I 09-02-2018
    Austin, Texas 09-18-2023
  • Options
    holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Once again..............PLEASE play Florida!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • Options
    Rumors or no rumors........sticky or no sticky.........the thread has taken on a life of its own. Keep it up until our goal is achieved and finalized. In the meantime, we Hail, Hail the lucky ones.
    Brian
  • Options
    Please!!!
  • Options
    presenttentspresenttents Posts: 171
    Haven't posted here in a while, please play TN!@!!!
    4/18/03, 10/6/04, 9/11/05, 6/24/06, 6/16/08, ?
  • Options
    cookie5798cookie5798 Posts: 396
    Atlanta baby!!!
    We need Pearl Jam in Atlanta!!! 2006-2007

The dirty south needs a fix.
  • Options
    Please play some cities that don't suck!!!!!!!!!
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    tybird wrote:
    Please play some cities that don't suck!!!!!!!!!

Building on that idea...play a bunch of off-the-beaten-path southern cities:

• Chattanooga, TN
    • Auburn, Al
    • Valdosta, Ga
    • Murfreesboro, TN
    • Elizabethtown, KY (Rukus would open)

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    • Auburn, Al
    PBM
    That is a city that truly sucks......................Roll Tide!!!!!!
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    tybird wrote:
    That is a city that truly sucks......................Roll Tide!!!!!!

War Fuckin' Eagle.

;)

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org