Options

***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• Options
    offwegooffwego Posts: 27
    I got a chance to spend some time with Jeff, Mike, and Stone at Summerfest, they were staying at my hotel. I asked more than once if they will be coming to the South, the response I recieved was sometime in 07. Personally, I think they will be leaning more towards May or June, the good thing is Ed's been writing and there is a chance the South would get to hear some new stuff from the next album in the works. Since I am from Atlanta, I put the idea out to Stone to have a Fox Theatre reunion show(s) I reminded him its been 13 years. I hope he remembers ..........
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    offwego wrote:
    I got a chance to spend some time with Jeff, Mike, and Stone at Summerfest, they were staying at my hotel. I asked more than once if they will be coming to the South, the response I recieved was sometime in 07. Personally, I think they will be leaning more towards May or June, the good thing is Ed's been writing and there is a chance the South would get to hear some new stuff from the next album in the works. Since I am from Atlanta, I put the idea out to Stone to have a Fox Theatre reunion show(s) I reminded him its been 13 years. I hope he remembers ..........

That would be cool. I still think that ten club members in their home city shoudl get priority over those traveling from out of state for seating. that is my biggest gripe. With not haveing too great of a ten club number next year there will be a lot of people traveling down here to see shows i'm sure.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    offwego wrote:
    A theater mini-tour of the south would rock.........the Fox in Hotlanta and the Alabama Theater here in Birmingham.....Yeah Baby!!!!
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    bump bump bump
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    Yahooooooooooooooooooooooo..........Mountain Dew!!!!!!!!!
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    offwego wrote:

Awesome idea offwego.... At this point, I'd be happy for lousy Phillips Arena, or even Gwinett (I think the sound is better there and they have ga.

Bump for Hot-lanta!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    May or June??? Christ....I better start saving for travel $$. Can't wait that long, ya know. Need my fix...
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    offwego wrote:

nice to hear
    Brian
  • Options
    holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    come on baby, come on play Florida!!!!!!!!!! My heart is breaking PLEASE
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,140
    offwego wrote:
    the good thing is Ed's been writing and there is a chance the South would get to hear some new stuff from the next album in the works.

Yeah, right. Just like all the new material the band played in Canada and South America??
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • Options
    Louisville, Lexington, Nashville, Knoxville
  • Options
    BPH_4LIFEBPH_4LIFE Posts: 43
    This is ridiculous that this thread is not a stick. Clearly a sleight of hand.

Pearl Jam, please come play in Little Rock, OKC, Tulsa, Kansas City, Memphis, Dallas, Shreveport, or any state bordering Arkansas.
    Austin 1995
    Dallas 2000
    Oklahoma City 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Dallas 2013
    OKC 2013
    Tulsa 2014
    Memphis 2014

"you can't be neutral on a moving train"
  • Options
    ru_44ru_44 Posts: 1
    I live in the Boston area now..but born and raised in Alabama..SOUTH will always
    be home for me..
    show please play:
    Nashville
    ATL
    Knoxville
    Lexington
    Anywhere in the SOUTH and i will be there
    "It's an art to live with pain,... mix the light into grey,..
    And if our lives became too long, would it add to our regret?"

Nashville - 8/17/2000,4/18/2003
    Atlanta - 4/19/2003
    Hartford - 5/13/2006
    Boston - 5/24/2006,5/25/2006
  • Options
    wahinewahine Posts: 86
    bump bump bump!

Please come to the south, and have a ball ya'll!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine. I Am Mine
    Til the Lightning Bolt sets you free

Wahine - I'm a Lightning Bolt

9/2/98, 7/1/03, 10/3/05, 5/30/06, 6/17/08, ED-8/16/08, 10/30/09, 5/13/10, 10/29/13, 10/14/14

-RIP Hippiemom -
  • Options
    vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,079
    Aye and I plead......NORTH CAROLINA......please, please!
    Shut the fuck up, stupid.
    ~ Ice Queen
  • Options
    mrwolfemrwolfe Posts: 7
    no shit man, come to nc!!!!
  • Options
    I know two HUGE fans down South. I'm signing this for you Tommy and Josh.
    Never would have known of me before...
  • Options
    "I miss you already....
    I miss you always"

BUMP!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    They needs to be hitting every major metro area in Texas. AND for once, when they come to Dallas, they need to play at Nokia Live or American Airlines Ctr. Anything but Smirnoff. Make it happen.
    www.myspace.com/swearupanddown

7/5/98
    10/17/00
    6/9/2003
    2006: Come back.

10/10/91,12/11/91,4/19/92,11/11 & 12/93, 9/16/95.
    I need a time machine.
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Im starting to view my glass as half full now in hopes of a triumphant return of PJ down here next spring. I hope my glass isn't really just half full of shit. Talk about leaving a bad taste in your mouth. That would do it.
    Brian
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm feeling pretty confident too. But I think we need to keep the pressure up....just in case..... :)
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    MikeVonMikeVon Posts: 24
    Bump people need to see this

Juegue el Sur
    Jouer le Sud
    Spielen Sie den Süden
    Giocare il Sud
    Speel het Zuiden
    Jogue o Sul
    Играйте Юг
    Leker Sør
    扮演南方
    播放南方

For those who can't understand in Pearl Jams' Managment.
    I said " Play the SOUTH "
    Mike V

"Can't buy what you want because it's free"
    Corduroy
    Vitalogy

Choices are made, but only you can make them.
    You live life, but does it live for you?
    Facades pop up in this world everyday.
    Only you can decide to see through them or help put another brick in the wall.
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    ok, follow me, now....

let's talk politics. let's talk dixie chicks. a grouped that's at some times been lumped in with the likes of bruce springsteen and pearl jam, you know, those outspoken musicians.....

ok. so the black crowes were in town two days ago. in town, that's raleigh, north carolina, amen. a few years ago, audley freed got hired by them. he's from raleigh. he was in a little combo known as cry of love, who had a couple of monster national rock radio hits in the early 90's...peace pipe, for one....anyway, after the 300,000 limit was instituted by sony/epic/columbia around 1994, they got dropped....audley got hired by the crowes and played on by your side and with jimmy page...

anyway, i saw a friend the other day who actually USED TO WORK FOR PEARL JAM who is from here, and during our conversation i asked him if audley was still with the crowes, so he says 'no he's on the road with the dixie chicks right now'....

so there ya go. for those who think we're all backwards, one of our leading musicians is out with the dixie chicks right now.

oh, and didja notice that i said the friend i found this out from is a former crew member for pearl jam?

oh, and i forgot to note that there's another long-time, from the beginning former crew member also from raleigh. they've even sung happy birthday to him during a show before.....hmmmm (goes to search the concert chronology on twofeetthick.com )

play raleigh. amongst the others, of course. every city has its own stories. this one just happens to be one of ours.....

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    Soon will be hitting 1500 bumps and posts on this thread! Will we get an answer then? PLEASE PLAY THE SOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Bump
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    post#1475! NOW will you come to Florida?
  • Options
    I gotta wake up early to go diving so Im gonna double bump. PLAY THE SOUTH!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH! goodnight
  • Options
    robowskirobowski Posts: 143
    SOUTH ____________Pearl jam has never played the state of West Virginia - now is the time. And lets play alaska too while you're at it.
    As you live your life in sometimes quiet desperation, facing adversity and tragedy: if you have hope and love, that mixture helps you overcome that tragedy and go on with the rest of your life.”
    --Jack Lengyel
  • Options
    yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    It's time for this to be a sticky!!!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    My vote for the south (again....) and Alaska....another place that does not suck!!!!! :D