***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    :cool: :cool: :):) :( :( :o:o :mad: :mad: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D:D More Easter eggs.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Im starting to think the South might be a casualty for many years to come...I just dont understand..I can see why they would stop playing little rock, alabama and places like that ( no offense) but not Atlanta, Wpb, Charlotte, even maybe Va Beach and Texas....my fav band is becoming as pompous as U2

at least Rush still plays the South :)
    http://www.myspace.com/sigepnader

History is the polemics of the victor...

LETS GO CARDINALS!
  • aggietomaggietom Posts: 26
    Who the hell would skip an entire half of a country?

Play Houston, men...
    ..I can see why they would stop playing little rock, alabama and places like that ( no offense)
    No offense taken on the Alabama end, but I can't speak for Little Rock.:D

Hope to catch Rush this summer in the South!!!
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • To clarify before anyone takes it wrong.. I was referring to population, media market, etc :)
    http://www.myspace.com/sigepnader

History is the polemics of the victor...

LETS GO CARDINALS!
  • pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    Im starting to think the South might be a casualty for many years to come...I just dont understand..I can see why they would stop playing little rock, alabama and places like that ( no offense) but not Atlanta, Wpb, Charlotte, even maybe Va Beach and Texas....my fav band is becoming as pompous as U2

U2 still plays the South as well, saw them in Charlotte last tour........call them whatever you like but they were here
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    NCBRI wrote:
    It snowed off and on for a good part of the day at my parents. Nothing stuck to the ground because it was too warm. They were calling for it on the news, but I just brushed it off expecting it to only happen north of us. Ive been so conditioned to that lately ;).
    I see mention of some quote by Creadles. Was there something in one of the articles from last week?

THE PASSION OF THE SOUTH
    longitudes, latitudes, its so absurd

Yeah, he spoke to media last week. I posted article a few pages back and there have been several threads about it. Of course can be intrepreted in many ways. Ugh. Ugly. Ugh.

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=239866&highlight=billboard

PLAY THE SOUTH AND TALK TO US SPECIFICALLY - NOT SOME GENERALIZED MEDIA MUTATED STATEMENT
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p
    :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
  • lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    Haven't dropped by this thread in a while, how's everyone holding up??
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
    lukin321 wrote:
    Haven't dropped by this thread in a while, how's everyone holding up??
    :( :( :( :confused::confused: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mad: :mad: :o:p:p something like that. :D
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    SPALMA wrote:
    Yeah, he spoke to media last week. I posted article a few pages back and there have been several threads about it. Of course can be intrepreted in many ways. Ugh. Ugly. Ugh.

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=239866&highlight=billboard

PLAY THE SOUTH AND TALK TO US SPECIFICALLY - NOT SOME GENERALIZED MEDIA MUTATED STATEMENT

OH, the "touring for fun/opportunities we just couldn't pass up" article. Yeah, they love us. They really do. ;)

Am I the only one who has noticed that not one single reporter has asked them about skipping large swaths of the country? It's too obvious of a question to avoid. If I was a reporter, I would attack it from the political angle to see if there was anything there. Maybe once it gets closer to VE Day we will see more interviews and someone will cast a line.

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    until.............
    Brian
    NCBRI wrote:
    OH, the "touring for fun/opportunities we just couldn't pass up" article. Yeah, they love us. They really do. ;)

Am I the only one who has noticed that not one single reporter has asked them about skipping large swaths of the country? It's too obvious of a question to avoid. If I was a reporter, I would attack it from the political angle to see if there was anything there. Maybe once it gets closer to VE Day we will see more interviews and someone will cast a line.

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    until.............
    Maybe the question gets asked, but the reporter's tape recorder can't pick up the mumbling that passes for an answer??? :D:p:p:p:D:) :rolleyes: :D
  • KertokovichKertokovich Posts: 193
    Out of town for a few days and just caught up a bit with what has been going on. No suprise i guess. I would love to see that Jack Johnson deal, but no one inhell I can make it Hawaii.....With my own two hands

Pearl Jam in the South in 08.....I hope
    Can't You Feel This World, With Your Heart and Not Your Brain
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas
    :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    tybird wrote:
    Maybe the question gets asked, but the reporter's tape recorder can't pick up the mumbling that passes for an answer??? :D:p:p:p:D:) :rolleyes: :D

I wonder if it does get asked, but it off limits for publication. But that would be a concentrated effort to withhold...an intentional omission... why?

Oh well, I worry that we will never really know.

SPALMA wrote:
    I wonder if it does get asked, but it off limits for publication. But that would be a concentrated effort to withhold...an intentional omission... why?

Oh well, I worry that we will never really know.

Hand picked reporters and predetermined questions??? More possibilities...:D :D:D :cool:
    tybird wrote:
    Hand picked reporters and predetermined questions??? More possibilities...:D :D:D :cool:

Jeeeez, sounds like the white house.

I used to be a member of the media, but never got the chance to interview Pearl Jam. Still, I have been asking that question since last year, why has a reporter not asked the question. I dont agree that it is off limit for publication. No reporter int heir right mind would let the interviewee dictate what gets published. You would just report that you asked the question and it was not answered or whatever. I think though that it probably has not been asked as most of their interviews were by reporters who had no clue about the lack of a southern swing or they were from Europe or Australia.

If we knew some of their email addresses we could just kindly ask them, but I don't know if any of the guys take emails.

Sad to say this thread getting so little action these days.

I would hope come the end of 07 it will pick up again with requests for .......

~Please Play the South in 08~
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas
    SPALMA wrote:
    Jeeeez, sounds like the white house.

A point that I have made many times in regards to the organization in question. :cool: :cool: :( :(
    I used to be a member of the media, but never got the chance to interview Pearl Jam. Still, I have been asking that question since last year, why has a reporter not asked the question. I dont agree that it is off limit for publication. No reporter int heir right mind would let the interviewee dictate what gets published. You would just report that you asked the question and it was not answered or whatever. I think though that it probably has not been asked as most of their interviews were by reporters who had no clue about the lack of a southern swing or they were from Europe or Australia.

If we knew some of their email addresses we could just kindly ask them, but I don't know if any of the guys take emails.

Sad to say this thread getting so little action these days.

I would hope come the end of 07 it will pick up again with requests for .......

Yeah, I thought about hitting up a reporter (but who?) to ask them why- but then we might just get the old canned response, party line... ticket sales bullshit.

Oh well, until we hear somethig definitive, I'll be bumping...

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
    :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
    tybird wrote:

I think Ty has become a mime.

SPALMA wrote:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    Bump

Play The South And Talk To Us Specifically - Not Some Generalized Media Mutated Statement

SPALMA wrote:
    Bump

Play The South And Talk To Us Specifically - Not Some Generalized Media Mutated Statement
    :D:D:D:D:D:D

• FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    woot.
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas
  • daystar143daystar143 Posts: 367
    SPALMA wrote:

ROFL...not hardly...unless it's that he hasn't learned to answer the age old question, "Will you take out the trash please, honey?" with icons yet. And come to think of it, I'm not sure what icon he'd use and I don't know if I want to know or not. It could be the one that I'd like to use when I look at the laundry basket and my revolting closet!
    The Daystar

"But --you say that Dreams have no power here? Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar...Ask yourselves, all of you...What power would hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to Dream of Heaven?" Dream speaking to Lucifer as written by Neil Gaiman.