***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    and not to mention how badass!!!!!!!the Drive By Truckers were last week in my hometown of Greenville.
    take care and heres hoping for 10club and the band to stand the F**k up and do the right thing(if they have time). and that is just say an official yeah or neah!
    simple right?
    something they could have done 6 months ago.
    peace YA'LL
    DBT...DBT...DBT...DBT..had "Decoration Day" playing in the car today.....probably ready to grab the number one spot from Pearl Jam. DBT is a major kick-ass band.

10 Club.......Make it right..........Communication and truth...the foundation for a great relationship. :p:p:p:p:D :eek: :eek: :)
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    bum fuck bump

PLAY THE SOUTH AND TALK TO US SPECIFICALLY - NOT SOME GENERALIZED MEDIA MUTATED STATEMENT
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    tybird wrote:
    I betting on NO Southern shows until at least 2010. If it is six months before they get into the studio full tilt, and I believe that Mike mentioned that number, don't expect a new album until at least the fall/winter of 2008. That would be the earliest date for a release in my crystal ball. I am leaning more till sometime in 2009....late 2009. :eek:

In all seriousness if a Republican wins the White House in 2008, I bet we get blamed fairly or unfairly and snubbed again. I will also throw this out....I would not vote for that Clinton creature even if you pointed a gun at my head. :p:p:p :mad: :mad: :mad: :( :(

ty ty ty...why the incessant( sp?) hurtful political references....?????

This is the real skinny

Pearl Jam signed with a new label. During negotiations, there were some pretty standard industy terms that were agreed upon. J would do the new cd including promo....and then PJ would hit as many humans in this target audience to help promote the cd.

Management of pj and J had a two year window to reach as many of its target audience as possible. Though the South does have a great number in this group, its a Global market, we compete with Europe and South America.

Globalization killed our shows...not Dubya's antics and those that support him. (-:

Course seeing that the "Not for you" meetings on the East Coast of the South I think the organizers of that meeting hold us Texans accountable for Dubya........IT AINT OUR FAULT. He's from Connecticut. We just schooled him.

peace
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    George W is NOT a real Texan, he's a yankee.
    callen wrote:
    ty ty ty...why the incessant( sp?) hurtful political references....?????
    Sometimes the truth hurts, eh? :p:p:p:p
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Hubmann2513Hubmann2513 Posts: 237
    I hope PJ will play down here sometime soon. Preferably close to Tennessee in the next 3 years or so.
    I hope PJ will play down here sometime soon. Preferably close to Tennessee in the next 3 years or so.
    Within three years......close by....if we are very lucky. :p:p:p:p:p

Maybe they'll play "One Note" at all future shows in the South. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    hmmm after the recent news with Mike i wonder if this thread will just fade into obscurity or change its title to

PLEASE PLAY THE SOUTH 2010!!!
    It snowed in North Carolina this morning!

PLAY THE SOUTH AND TALK TO US SPECIFICALLY - NOT SOME GENERALIZED MEDIA MUTATED STATEMENT

• mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    SPALMA wrote:
    I hope you are wrong about Pearl Jam. I think you are right about Clinton.

PLAY THE SOUTH AND TALK TO US

I hope you're wrong about PJ, but I know you're wrong about Hillary...If you don't like her politics, don't vote for her, but no need to be nasty about it
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
    Obama '08 :)

SPALMA wrote:
    Obama '08 :)

Completely Agree...

but I like Hillary and Edwards too..

I really admire your(and the others) dedication to this thread and still believe it'll pay off in the end..(and hopefully I'll be in the audience..)
    I've seen all the WPM shows and the one in Ft Lauderdale and can't believe they don't enjoy playing FLA just as much as anywhere else
    routing be damned....
    mauichick wrote:
    I hope you're wrong about PJ, but I know you're wrong about Hillary...If you don't like her politics, don't vote for her, but no need to be nasty about it
    That was "being nice." :D:p:p:p:p:D

Undecided in '08 (But it won't be Clinton or Edwards)
    tybird wrote:
    That was "being nice." :D:p:p:p:p:D

Undecided in '08 (But it won't be Clinton or Edwards)

Sorry to hear that..
    Not sure why so much dislike for her from some quarters.

I used to like Guiliani...but too close to Bush for my taste and McCain is not the same man he used to be.
    mauichick wrote:
    Sorry to hear that..
    Not sure why so much dislike for her from some quarters.
    Because she is a power-mad would-be tyrant that dons a liberal cloak for appearances and put up with a serial adulterer for a husband because it kept her close to the power. She is George Bush Jr. with xx chromosomes. No different, just panders to a slightly different crowd. She could/would no more unite this country than Dick Cheney in the Oval Office or a third dose of Bushie (which, Thank God can't happen). :p:p:p:p
    tybird wrote:
    Because she is a power-mad would-be tyrant that dons a liberal cloak for appearances and put up with a serial adulterer for a husband because it kept her close to the power. She is George Bush Jr. with xx chromosomes. No different, just panders to a slightly different crowd. She could/would no more unite this country than Dick Cheney in the Oval Office or a third dose of Bushie (which, Thank God can't happen). :p:p:p:p

Or maybe they just Love each other? You never know what goes on in a relationship...not our business IMO..Bill's not the 1st to cheat and won't be the last.
    How is she power mad? Because she wanted to serve her country and has worked hard to fight for causes and make a contribution? Because she's been bipartisan and worked with repubs on legislation? To me that proves shes a uniter, not a divider
    To compare her to Bush/Cheney is worse then calling her a "creature"
    She's worked for where she is, not ridden on Daddy's and his friends coattails only to use a tragedy to mislead the country into war and give this country over to corporate greed at the expense of its citizens, soldiers, and veterans

I repect yr right to disagree, and hopefully you respect mine to counter yr argument

and to quote Spalma
    Obama '08...
    Politics!!

good night... I'm cold.

• whulmefwhulmef Posts: 176
    is it cold all over the South? it is in north carolina
    mauichick wrote:
    Or maybe they just Love each other? You never know what goes on in a relationship...not our business IMO..Bill's not the 1st to cheat and won't be the last.
    How is she power mad? Because she wanted to serve her country and has worked hard to fight for causes and make a contribution? Because she's been bipartisan and worked with repubs on legislation? To me that proves shes a uniter, not a divider
    To compare her to Bush/Cheney is worse then calling her a "creature"
    She's worked for where she is, not ridden on Daddy's and his friends coattails only to use a tragedy to mislead the country into war and give this country over to corporate greed at the expense of its citizens, soldiers, and veterans

I repect yr right to disagree, and hopefully you respect mine to counter yr argument

and to quote Spalma
    Obama '08...
    Funny stuff....you write for those wonderful CBS sitcoms? :rolleyes: She rode her husband's coattails..her campaign dollars come from the same bank accounts as his (Bushie)..she works for herself...she's about as bipartisan as Newt Gingrich, please. :rolleyes:

:p:p:p:p:p
  • Galaxie2X4Galaxie2X4 Posts: 151
    whulmef wrote:
    is it cold all over the South? it is in north carolina

Not cold in S. Florida my friends. Perfect weather. It would have been a fabulous weekend for a Friday night and Saturday night PJ weekend at the Sound Advice Ampitheater in West Palm Beach.

I too wish a direct statement as in "PJ will not be playing the south" would have come at the start of this tour. Then maybe I would have traveled north to see a show or two. With no shows in the south my 10C membership has basically been rendered worthless. Very disappointing.
    "My Cadillac's sittin in the back, it isn't me, I'm going home in my Galaxy"
    S. Hoon

"My body's nobody's body but mine. You run your own body, let me run mine" Chicago '95

Franken '08
    Galaxie2X4 wrote:
    Not cold in S. Florida my friends. Perfect weather. It would have been a fabulous weekend for a Friday night and Saturday night PJ weekend at the Sound Advice Ampitheater in West Palm Beach.

I too wish a direct statement as in "PJ will not be playing the south" would have come at the start of this tour. Then maybe I would have traveled north to see a show or two. With no shows in the south my 10C membership has basically been rendered worthless. Very disappointing.

You said it.

Everyone have a great holiday!

Early morning toast: to us, the band, their families and support folks - Salut!

and still...

• stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Galaxie2X4 wrote:

I have not been here in about 2 weeks,Been working on the Savannah Trip.But I have been watching the thread from afar.I just read this post and wanted to fully agree.If they would have said at the start of the tour."We are not going to tour the south" I would have caught the nearest show up north.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    stoneg wrote:
    I have not been here in about 2 weeks,Been working on the Savannah Trip.But I have been watching the thread from afar.I just read this post and wanted to fully agree.If the would have said at the start of the tour."We are not going to tour the south" I would have caught the nearest show up north.

therin lies the heart of the matter... communication.
    planning sucked big time.

but, happy easter! :)

SPALMA wrote:
    therin lies the heart of the matter... communication.
    planning sucked big time.

but, happy easter! :)

Nice post!!!! :p:p:p :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :):):D

Happy Easter
  • abhi101cruabhi101cru Posts: 223
    BUMP for you to play the south. PLEASE PLEASE OH PRETTY PLEASE play the south.
    Sorry is the fool who trades his soul for a corvette, thinks he'll get the girl he'll only get the mechanic...

Atlantic City: 09/30/05, 10/01/05
    :p:):o :( :cool: :eek: :confused: :mad: ;):D
    Lined up like Easter eggs.
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    i just think we could have such a great summer together, but go on, fine , ruin what we have! :D
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    SPALMA wrote:
    It snowed in North Carolina this morning!

It snowed off and on for a good part of the day at my parents. Nothing stuck to the ground because it was too warm. They were calling for it on the news, but I just brushed it off expecting it to only happen north of us. Ive been so conditioned to that lately ;).
    I see mention of some quote by Creadles. Was there something in one of the articles from last week?

THE PASSION OF THE SOUTH
    longitudes, latitudes, its so absurd
    Brian
  • holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Bumpin' even though I'm not sure why anymore. Could all this dissing of the South be a major tease? I didn't think so. We got screwed soooo bad. Well here's to Pearl Jam Southern Tour 2010. Im not negative, just sad. I miss my Pearl Jam :(
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P