***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    daystar143 wrote:
    ROFL...not hardly...unless it's that he hasn't learned to answer the age old question, "Will you take out the trash please, honey?" with icons yet. And come to think of it, I'm not sure what icon he'd use and I don't know if I want to know or not. It could be the one that I'd like to use when I look at the laundry basket and my revolting closet!

Ha ha... when I open the closet I just close my eyes and use the "feel" method. (no, I don't usually match - I just call it eclectic-creative fashion).

Perhaps Tybird is taking what his Momma taught him to heart... "if you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all!"

I am waiting for him to start using little red heart emoticons whenever he mentions you!! :)

Bumpin for the cause.
    PLAY THE SOUTH AND TALK TO US SPECIFICALLY - NOT SOME GENERALIZED MEDIA MUTATED STATEMENT
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    daystar143 wrote:
    ROFL...not hardly...unless it's that he hasn't learned to answer the age old question, "Will you take out the trash please, honey?" with icons yet. And come to think of it, I'm not sure what icon he'd use and I don't know if I want to know or not. It could be the one that I'd like to use when I look at the laundry basket and my revolting closet!
    :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p or :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    SPALMA wrote:
    Perhaps Tybird is taking what his Momma taught him to heart... "if you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all!"

I am waiting for him to start using little red heart emoticons whenever he mentions you!! :)

PLAY THE SOUTH AND TALK TO US SPECIFICALLY - NOT SOME GENERALIZED MEDIA MUTATED STATEMENT
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:):):):):):):):):o:o:o
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • daystar143daystar143 Posts: 367
    tybird wrote:
    :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p or :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I hope that the :p is because I said honey and pleae and the :mad is because of the usual state of my closet.....but I think I turned the light off this morning.

I love you!
    The Daystar

"But --you say that Dreams have no power here? Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar...Ask yourselves, all of you...What power would hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to Dream of Heaven?" Dream speaking to Lucifer as written by Neil Gaiman.
    daystar143 wrote:
    I hope that the :p is because I said honey and pleae and the :mad is because of the usual state of my closet.....but I think I turned the light off this morning.

I love you!
    :):):):):):):):):):):D:D
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    tybird wrote:
    :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
    :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

If I stare at it long enough, I will see a sailboat. Right??

PLAY THE SOUTH
    before I get old
    talking bout my geographical location baby
    Brian
    NCBRI wrote:

PLAY THE SOUTH
    before I get old
    Actually, you would see a Blue-footed Booby. :D:D:D:D;)

• callencallen Posts: 6,388
    NCBRI wrote:

PLAY THE SOUTH
    before I get old

Just squint...do you see it???

And I thought this thread would die.....guess its like that old dog..you love him soo much you just can't put him to sleep..even if its for his own good....
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    callen wrote:
    Just squint...do you see it???

And I thought this thread would die.....guess its like that old dog..you love him soo much you just can't put him to sleep..even if its for his own good....
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:):):):):):)
  • holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    What to say, what to say? Hmmm.....I guess bump for next year? I still cant believe we got nothing
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
    holleroxx wrote:
    What to say, what to say? Hmmm.....I guess bump for next year? I still cant believe we got nothing
    :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
  • holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Florida 08' Florida 08' Florida 08' Florida 08'
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • gardenlovergardenlover Posts: 185
    Betrayal is about learning not to idealize external sources. Me

Betrayal is the only truth that sticks. Arthur Miller

Betrayal can only happen if you love. John Le Carre

All bad precedents begin as justifiable measures. Julius Caesar

Be as you wish to seem. Socrates

Who sees all beings in his own Self, and his own Self in all beings, loses all fear. Isa Upanishad

Go put your creed into your deed. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Live truth instead of professing it. Elbert Hubbard

man i'm really bummed. i thought for sure 10c or hell anyone would have stood up and said atleast yeah or f**kin no yeah!
    plus im really tired. peace to all you longing PJ fans out there.
    WOLFMOTHER MAY 4TH-ASHEVILLE, NC-The ORANGEPEEL
    TOOL-JUNE 5TH-GREENVILLE,SC
    FLAMING LIPS- APRIL 15th MYRTYLE BEACH, SC
    BEN HARPER JUNE 13TH ASHEVILLE, NC and JUNE15TH in MYRTYLE BEACH
    and alot more
    take care
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
  • DELETEDDELETED Posts: 421
  • pathorsespathorses Posts: 319

Who sees all beings in his own Self, and his own Self in all beings, loses all fear. Isa Upanishad

man i'm really bummed. i thought for sure 10c or hell anyone would have stood up and said atleast yeah or f**kin no yeah!
    and alot more
    take care

Those are awesome quotes and very fitting; thanks for sharing!!
    One of these days I'm gonna make it to Greenville to your restaurant OR even better I'll meet you at one of these shows you've listed! I love Asheville...
    Peace,
    Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    tybird wrote:
    :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Dude, I gotta say I'm getting sick of this.......maybe it's just me.....
    Peace,
    Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10

and alot more
    take care
    Great words from the founder of our most beloved thread...:) :):):)

As for me and mine, we hope to see the Drive-by Truckers sometime this spring, possibly Allison Krauss and Union Station in the summer and maybe even Rush. Bands who apparently are happy to take our money and time. :D

:cool: :cool: :cool:
    pathorses wrote:
    Dude, I gotta say I'm getting sick of this.......maybe it's just me.....
    Peace,
    Pat
    This :( :( :( :o:o:p:p or the thread itself???? :confused: All the sad faces were a direct response to another post. :)
  • whulmefwhulmef Posts: 176
    I see eddie hitting that d chord on long road in raleigh as my drunk happy ass in row M at Alltel Pav flies a NC state flag high above my head and everyone goes fucking nuts.
    Play the South, or we'll succeed from the Union.
  • Play The South You Pussies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I used to hate Pearl Jam but now I see the Light Years.

and alot more
    take care

the more we care, the more it hurts.

• tybird wrote:
    Great words from the founder of our most beloved thread...:) :):):)

As for me and mine, we hope to see the Drive-by Truckers sometime this spring, possibly Allison Krauss and Union Station in the summer and maybe even Rush. Bands who apparently are happy to take our money and time. :D

:cool: :cool: :cool:

There's even some bands that won't take your money...we got a pretty good lineup for knoxville's sundown in the city this year. scott miller, john butler trio, drive by trucker's to name a few.
    4/18/03, 10/6/04, 9/11/05, 6/24/06, 6/16/08, ?
    There's even some bands that won't take your money...we got a pretty good lineup for knoxville's sundown in the city this year. scott miller, john butler trio, drive by trucker's to name a few.
    Can't ever go wrong with DBT!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D
    generic bump

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:p:p:p:p:p :cool:
    page 2 bump

Bump for all the people who get annoyed at seeing this thread :D:D

Oh, and in hopes of influencing the powers that be in the Pearl Jam machine to come down south next time they are on the road.

• KertokovichKertokovich Posts: 193
    Play Dallas in 08 Por Favor u f'in pussies
    Can't You Feel This World, With Your Heart and Not Your Brain
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Play Dallas in 08 Por Favor u f'in pussies
    Course PJ please realize, Oklahoma PJ Fan in no way represents this thread or any of its affiliates and his veiws are purely his own.

Now bring you sorry asses to Texas..
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    SPALMA wrote:
    Bump for all the people who get annoyed at seeing this thread :D:D

Oh, and in hopes of influencing the powers that be in the Pearl Jam machine to come down south next time they are on the road.

Ah yes, fun to annoy those who get a show now and then!

Phoenix is south, I need to represent!