I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    bump, fucking BUMP!

PLAY THE SOUTH and TALK TO US
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I don't know, to me, it sounds like it could be almost 2 years before we see them... If we are lucky, 1 year.

posted in another thread, from Billboard.com, sounds like the boys are starting to talk to the media again. The reasoning for doing Europe again? I hope it is to have fun... and perhaps some vacation with family - they have worked hard. Just wish they address those of us that have been ignored.

"Pearl Jam

April 05, 2007, 11:15 AM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
    Pearl Jam has "no set date" for returning to the studio to follow-up last year's self-titled album for J, but the group couldn't pass up a series of "pretty cool offers" on the live front this summer, guitarist Mike McCready tells Billboard.com.

Pearl Jam will hit the road in Europe for three weeks beginning June 8 in Lisbon, and will also headline the final day of Lollapalooza in Chicago on Aug. 5.

"People still want to see us and we're having fun doing it," McCready says. "The last year-and-a-half run was a long one for us. We're all getting a little bit older and having families. But these seemed like good opportunities, so we're going to take them." With a laugh he adds, "That being said, we're probably not going to go out for another year-and-a-half tour for the rest of our lives."

Since wrapping that extensive outing in December, band members have been demoing material on their own while staying in occasional contact via email. McCready says he has tested out some ideas with guitarist Stone Gossard and drummer Matt Cameron in separate sessions as well. "When we get it all together, we'll decide to do a record," McCready says. "That may be a year from now or half-a-year from now."

Pearl Jam did hit the studio at the tail end of 2006 to record a cover of the Who's "Love Reign O'er Me" for the new Adam Sandler film "Reign Over Me." Sandler approached Vedder to cover the tune at a Los Angeles show last year, but the frontman, an admitted Who fanatic, was a bit nervous about going through with it.

"Eddie asked Stone and I what the guitar players thought, and I told him, 'I know you can nail this,'" McCready says. "I've heard him messing around in the studio, singing Who songs by himself in the vocal room in-between takes, and he's nailing it there. I knew he'd put everything into it, because he'd know Pete Townshend might someday listen to it."

On the Brendan O'Brien-produced final version, which was released as the A-side of the band's annual holiday single for its fan club, Vedder unleashes blood-curdling screams the likes of which have rarely been heard from him on record. "It's funny -- Stone says he has this natural fuzz box on his voice and he's definitely using it here," McCready says.

As reported yesterday (April 4), McCready and his U.F.O. tribute band Flight To Mars will anchor the fifth CCFA benefit on Saturday in Seattle. Vedder and Pearl Jam keyboardist Boom Gaspar will also be on stage April 21-22 in Honolulu for Jack Johnson's Kokua benefit, and Vedder has also signed on for an acoustic set at the Hullabaloo benefit for the Silverlake Conservatory of Music on May 5 at Los Angeles' Henry Fonda Theatre."

pre-holiday BUMP

SPALMA wrote:
    pre-holiday BUMP

bump

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Here is what I'm thinking. Nobody in the band or their management is ever going to see this thread - regardless of how many times we bump it. That isn't to say, however, that I think we should stop. This thread is important to keep the discussion going amongst ourselves. But what I'd like to know from you guys is - what can we do to actually get this message to the band? There has got to be a way to get a petition like this to them. I just don't know how. I mean, I'm sure that if it were some BS dime-a-dozen petition, they'd ignore it. But I think that it is pretty significant that one of the biggest rock bands in the world didn't tour an entire region of their own nation behind what many people are calling their greatest album in years.

So once again - what are your ideas on how to communicate this message to the guys in the band?
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    coffeeryan wrote:
    So once again - what are your ideas on how to communicate this message to the guys in the band?

Don't buy merchandise, don't buy tickets...apparently...money talks. ;)

Either that or someone in this thread should go back to school to learn how to be a "Router".

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
    Don't buy merchandise, don't buy tickets...apparently...money talks. ;)

Either that or someone in this thread should go back to school to learn how to be a "Router".

PBM
    Ding Ding Ding....we have the winning answer right up front. :):):):):):):) Despite the "touring Europe for fun" chatter, they would not have gone if the bottom line wasn't up to snuff (Europe must be known for their "routers" :rolleyes: ). But PBM's idea is something that has run through my head repeatedly the last couple of weeks. I will renew my 10 Club membership, but outside of that my wallet is closed to the Pearl Jam organization until we either get answers (Communication, baby!! :p) or get treated like part of the Pearl Jam world. This "boycott" will include no promotion of the band on my part...no playing of the music for others, talking the band up to others or even wearing tee shirts promoting the band.

I am already "back in school," maybe Birmingham-Southern has some classes in "Routing" that I can take as electives. ;)

:p:p:p:p:confused::confused::confused::confused: :( :( :( :( :mad: :mad:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    so mike was on 107.7 the end today, and they asked him if PJ was playing for shows after lolla, and could neither deny it or confirm it....he said, "I don't know".
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    coffeeryan wrote:
    Here is what I'm thinking. Nobody in the band or their management is ever going to see this thread - regardless of how many times we bump it. That isn't to say, however, that I think we should stop. This thread is important to keep the discussion going amongst ourselves. But what I'd like to know from you guys is - what can we do to actually get this message to the band? There has got to be a way to get a petition like this to them. I just don't know how. I mean, I'm sure that if it were some BS dime-a-dozen petition, they'd ignore it. But I think that it is pretty significant that one of the biggest rock bands in the world didn't tour an entire region of their own nation behind what many people are calling their greatest album in years.

It's happened- someone making a good point in this thread.

This is a thread on a board. You want a proper petition? Have people put their names to a formally written one. Real names. Get backing from local radio stations. Base it around a website that people can add their names and location to. Have paper copies so people who aren't doing this online thing can sign it. Edit out signatures that look something like 'Bobbo- From the South'.

When you think you've reached critical mass, mail the damn pile of paper to 10c. You're absolutely right- when's the last time a thread on the internet led to actual change in anything?
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
    Hinny wrote:
    It's happened- someone making a good point in this thread.

This is a thread on a board. You want a proper petition? Have people put their names to a formally written one. Real names. Get backing from local radio stations. Base it around a website that people can add their names and location to. Have paper copies so people who aren't doing this online thing can sign it. Edit out signatures that look something like 'Bobbo- From the South'.

When you think you've reached critical mass, mail the damn pile of paper to 10c. You're absolutely right- when's the last time a thread on the internet led to actual change in anything?
    Excellent advice....thanks for the words. :):):):):):)
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    I think it is naive to think they dont know how much The South wants them to play down here. They have chosen to skip us.

The South Abides
    longitudes, latitudes, its so absurd
    Brian
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    my guy dragged me to a lamb of god concert last week.

so i hope PJ plays the south soon.

because that was the deal we made. i'd go to the worse show ever for a PJ concert. that's how much i love them.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p :( :( :( :( :( :rolleyes:
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Happy Weekend!

PLAY THE SOUTH
    Cultural Learnings of The South for Make Benefit Glorious Rock n Roll Band of Pearl Jam
    Brian
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    NCBRI wrote:
    Cultural Learnings of The South for Make Benefit Glorious Rock n Roll Band of Pearl Jam

"I like very much the song, Better Husband-Man because, my wife, if she leave me...I will crush her."

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
    "I like very much the song, Better Husband-Man because, my wife, if she leave me...I will crush her."

PBM
    :p:p:p:p:p:p:p
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    coffeeryan wrote:
    Here is what I'm thinking. Nobody in the band or their management is ever going to see this thread - regardless of how many times we bump it. That isn't to say, however, that I think we should stop. This thread is important to keep the discussion going amongst ourselves. But what I'd like to know from you guys is - what can we do to actually get this message to the band? There has got to be a way to get a petition like this to them. I just don't know how. I mean, I'm sure that if it were some BS dime-a-dozen petition, they'd ignore it. But I think that it is pretty significant that one of the biggest rock bands in the world didn't tour an entire region of their own nation behind what many people are calling their greatest album in years.

i sent them free donuts certificates...

if that doesnt do it , nothing will;)

(i think the band knows about this, they have to, i just dont think they really care)
    i sent them free donuts certificates...

if that doesnt do it , nothing will;)

(i think the band knows about this, they have to, i just dont think they really care)
    ...and there was the "Plant a Tree" movement where certificates were sent to the fan club....they know, and like what the Leathered one says, they probably don't even care....I suspect that at least one member of the organization thinks this snubbing of the South shit is quite funny. :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    I'm starting to feel like a Brooklyn Dodgers fan from the 1940s and 1950s.

Wait 'til next year, Florida...

I'd much rather have someone tell me that "next year is now."

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
    rhinomagic wrote:
    I'm starting to feel like a Brooklyn Dodgers fan from the 1940s and 1950s.
    And we know what happened to the fans of the Brooklyn Dodgers, don't we? They got kicked to the curb for the lights of Hollywood and the big $$$$$. Shafted, I say, Shafted. :( :( :( :( :mad: :mad: :mad:
    NCBRI wrote:
    I think it is naive to think they dont know how much The South wants them to play down here. They have chosen to skip us.

The South Abides
    longitudes, latitudes, its so absurd

They Know.

Hey, where is our friend JTR these days... quiet.

PLAY THE SOUTH ANd TALK TO US

• blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509

................. i just dont think they really care)

that is SO depressing.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• offwegooffwego Posts: 27
    period.
    offwego wrote:
    period.
    I betting on NO Southern shows until at least 2010. If it is six months before they get into the studio full tilt, and I believe that Mike mentioned that number, don't expect a new album until at least the fall/winter of 2008. That would be the earliest date for a release in my crystal ball. I am leaning more till sometime in 2009....late 2009. :eek:

In all seriousness if a Republican wins the White House in 2008, I bet we get blamed fairly or unfairly and snubbed again. I will also throw this out....I would not vote for that Clinton creature even if you pointed a gun at my head. :p:p:p :mad: :mad: :mad: :( :(
    tybird wrote:
    I betting on NO Southern shows until at least 2010. If it is six months before they get into the studio full tilt, and I believe that Mike mentioned that number, don't expect a new album until at least the fall/winter of 2008. That would be the earliest date for a release in my crystal ball. I am leaning more till sometime in 2009....late 2009. :eek:

In all seriousness if a Republican wins the White House in 2008, I bet we get blamed fairly or unfairly and snubbed again. I will also throw this out....I would not vote for that Clinton creature even if you pointed a gun at my head. :p:p:p :mad: :mad: :mad: :( :(

I hope you are wrong about Pearl Jam. I think you are right about Clinton.

PLAY THE SOUTH AND TALK TO US

Hasn't Pearl Jam covered some tune about the truth being given out? :confused::confused::confused:
  • gardenlovergardenlover Posts: 185
    hey you know what after so many years of banking they're pockets, they're f**king causes, they're 10 Club-its about time to help another band out and that is:

calling all Carolina southerners to The Orange Peel, Asheville, NC on May 4th for Wolfmother-going to be great

and not to mention how badass!!!!!!!the Drive By Truckers were last week in my hometown of Greenville.

take care and heres hoping for 10club and the band to stand the F**k up and do the right thing(if they have time). and that is just say an official yeah or neah!

simple right?

something they could have done 6 months ago.

peace YA'LL
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    hey you know what after so many years of banking they're pockets, they're f**king causes, they're 10 Club-its about time to help another band out and that is:

calling all Carolina southerners to The Orange Peel, Asheville, NC on May 4th for Wolfmother-going to be great

and not to mention how badass!!!!!!!the Drive By Truckers were last week in my hometown of Greenville.

take care and heres hoping for 10club and the band to stand the F**k up and do the right thing(if they have time). and that is just say an official yeah or neah!

simple right?

something they could have done 6 months ago.

peace YA'LL

i kinda want to see the black crowes again... i had a good time at that show.