Options

***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Here's a big BUMP for Wahine's idea.........
    10C shows for the south as a reward for being so patient!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    weenie wrote:
    Here's a big BUMP for Wahine's idea.........
    10C shows for the south as a reward for being so patient!

Do you guys think a 10 club only show can fill an arena?
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    10 club only show at the Tabernacle :eek:

:D:D

i would go crazy :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,031
    Could u imagine?? I saw R.E.M. there on the last tour... only like 2000 seats or so... Not a bad seat in the house... It was voted best venue in the world on Pollstar.com by the music industry, not just the fans... The new Neil Young film "Heart of Gold" was shot there as well... Show some Southern love and play the former home of "The Grand Ole Opry"!!!
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    bhigh901 wrote:
    Could u imagine?? I saw R.E.M. there on the last tour... only like 2000 seats or so... Not a bad seat in the house... It was voted best venue in the world on Pollstar.com by the music industry, not just the fans... The new Neil Young film "Heart of Gold" was shot there as well... Show some Southern love and play the former home of "The Grand Ole Opry"!!!

welcome to the board.

how about an all acoustic show at the Ryman? I think that would be even cooler.

Maybe do a Hank Williams cover?
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    cookie5798cookie5798 Posts: 396
    intodeep wrote:
    10 club only show at the Tabernacle :eek:

:D:D

i would go crazy :)

that would be insane!!
    We need Pearl Jam in Atlanta!!! 2006-2007

The dirty south needs a fix.
  • Options
    Tabernacle would fill - no problem. Even the Civic Center. I saw Marty Casey and the Lovehammers there w/INXS and it was great!! I think people would could from N. Florida and even S. Florida as well as the Carolinas etc. for a 10C only show. I know I'd go to those places for a 10C only show.

So here's to a happy thoughtsm lunchtime BUMP for the South AND ATLANTA!!!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    the House of Blues in Orlando???

Perfect venue for 10c only!
  • Options
    presenttentspresenttents Posts: 171
    my calling in life is to bump this thread...my fear is that this call will go un-answered and i will carry it to my grave......whooaaa, sorry it got a little dramatic there...seriously though, we want a few shows down here.
    4/18/03, 10/6/04, 9/11/05, 6/24/06, 6/16/08, ?
  • Options
    offwegooffwego Posts: 27
    I think maybe the reason PJ are not playing the South is the Petty/PJ shows, I still just can't figure out why they would skip us.
  • Options
    Have faith, they're not skipping us, just tormenting us. BUMP back to the front page.....
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    get the fuckin drive-by truckers and play every little bar from Raleigh to New Orleans.

I need a good road trip.

:D

Im going to see The Drive By Truckers with The Black Crowes here in a couple of weeks. I haven't heard any of their stuff. Are they good? Ive seen the Crowes a couple of times and know how amazing they are.
    Brian
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Stopping back by to beg and plead again!
  • Options
    yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    play Texas...bump
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    bumping my daily beggings! PLEASE PLAY THE SOUTH!!!!!!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • Options
    jb13lettersjb13letters Posts: 220
    offwego wrote:
    I think maybe the reason PJ are not playing the South is the Petty/PJ shows, I still just can't figure out why they would skip us.

A friend was telling me today that he heard Petty's going to be playing Florida soon. And I also remember hearing that there were more potential PJ/Petty shows. I wonder...
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • Options
    elmoojpselmoojps Posts: 4
    come to florida honey...we miss you!
  • Options
    lance_graylance_gray Posts: 166
    I'm siging for my gorgeous girlfriend! *Veronica signs*
    Dallas '98 - Dallas '00 - OKC '03 - Dallas '03

www.myspace.com/lance_gray

www.bonafidedarling.com
  • Options
    I would rather they didn't play with Petty. Petty's good and all but I want three full hours of PJ ........ I saw the Stones in Pittsburgh when PJ opened for them....it was such a tease, just left me wanting way more. The Stones were pretty bad - so much orchestration and production - it was like a freaking broadway show. Not that Petty would be that way - it was just such a sharp contrast and too much of the band that shouldn't have been headlining.....

Bump.....back to the front
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    I'm going to bump it for all of ya'll. I don't really care for PJ that much (yeah, I know, the name was meant to be a joke for someone else), but if PJ could just do my boss, and creator of this petition, the favor of playing down here, I'd be happy.

Now, play the south, dammit!!
  • Options
    Whipping_BoyWhipping_Boy Plantation, FL Posts: 139
    is anyone listening?
  • Options
    Much love for PJ down here! Come and get some sugar!
  • Options
    wahinewahine Posts: 86
    bump for 10c only shows!

PLEASE COME TO THE SOUTH!!!!!!!!!
    every night would be fan appreciation night!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine. I Am Mine
    Til the Lightning Bolt sets you free

Wahine - I'm a Lightning Bolt

9/2/98, 7/1/03, 10/3/05, 5/30/06, 6/17/08, ED-8/16/08, 10/30/09, 5/13/10, 10/29/13, 10/14/14

-RIP Hippiemom -
  • Options
    Monday morning (almost midday) BUMP!!!! FOR THE SOUTH!!!!!
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    billpjbillbillpjbill Posts: 15
    I Love Pearl Jam But Fuck Them If They Dont Wanna Tour The South! Im Not Kissing Their Asses! If Eddie Thinks Were All Ignorant Hicks, Then He Doesnt Have To Have Any Of My Money-love Bill Nc Resident
  • Options
    JamonitJamonit Posts: 21
    come to the Carliolinas!!!
  • Options
    NOW, it's midday and time for another BUMPITY, BUMP, BUMP, bump
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    spinDrAtlspinDrAtl Posts: 109
    How did this fall to page 3? Bump.
    So this is what it's like to be an adult.

Atlanta 4-3-94,Charleston 10-5-96
    Atlanta 8-7-00,Atlanta 4-19-03
    Vegas 6-6-03,Vegas 7-6-06
    Chicago Vic 8-2-07,Columbia 6-16-08
    MSG I 6-24-08, Philadelphia 10-31-09
  • Options
    mwachsmanmwachsman Posts: 474
    Please!!
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • Options
    lance_graylance_gray Posts: 166
    billpjbill wrote:
    I Love Pearl Jam But Fuck Them If They Dont Wanna Tour The South! Im Not Kissing Their Asses! If Eddie Thinks Were All Ignorant Hicks, Then He Doesnt Have To Have Any Of My Money-love Bill Nc Resident

Damn dude. Angry much?
    Dallas '98 - Dallas '00 - OKC '03 - Dallas '03

www.myspace.com/lance_gray

www.bonafidedarling.com