Options

***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• Options
    OK...Just an observation.

PJ open in the South or play it very early on most tours...the last couple I felt like they were shaking the dust off all over the Southeast. Good shows overall, but some gripes about ED forgeting words and several miscues.

Maybe they are rewarding us....good things come to those who wait???

That said I have travelled to Cincy and getting bags packed for Vegas to see this truly epic band.

There are some VERY big markets such as Atlanta, Tampa, Nashville, St Louis, Dallas, Houston...etc. that let's face it cannot be ignored. I truly believe that this 8th, self-titled release is allowing us to see the guys shake things up a bit and break from the tour 1 year and take 2 or 3 off rut they have been in.

TO PEARL JAM:

Rock the West Coast....see what's shakin in Europe and Australia....Maybe even Hawaii.....then take some time off for the holidays and family>>>>

Finally...come Spring 2007 come down south for a little homecookin PJ style and let's keep the BIG WAVE going around the US for a victory lap on this amazing album.

WE LOVE YOU GUYS,

the south
    "And the sky breaks at dawn; shedding light upon this town....They all come 'round"

09-06-1998 KNOXVILLE
    08-07-2000 ATLANTA
    08-17-2000 NASHVILLE
    04-09-2003 BIRMINGHAM
    04-18-2003 NASHVILLE
    06-24-2006 CINCINNATI
    07-06-2006 LAS VEGAS
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Bump for the South
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    jb13lettersjb13letters Posts: 220
    I'm still in disbelief that they're not at least playing Atlanta. Oh, well. It's summer, there's other stuff I can do.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • Options
    yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    Big Bump for Texas!!!!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    once again a bump for FLORIDA!!!!!!! Pearl Jam just come play for us! Please???!!!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • Options
    BetterRadioBetterRadio Posts: 189
    Im going to vegas...i'll beat it into to stone to come here. Take that riffmeister!
    They're gonna tell you where to walk
    When to smile and just what to say
    They say have your own fun...

Need vinyl, doggs.
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    They couldn't possibly pass up Texas. Ed's got a little nephew in Houston! They'll come in the Fall. My guess - late October here in Houston. Don't make me a sucker guys!!!
  • Options
    How about new years eve in Florida! The hurricanes will be gone and the wheather will be cool! Or how about ANY TIME!!!!!PLEASE PLAY THE SOUTH!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • Options
    BPH_4LIFEBPH_4LIFE Posts: 43
    BUMP

It is total disprespect from those who run this board to not make this post a "sticky"
    Austin 1995
    Dallas 2000
    Oklahoma City 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Dallas 2013
    OKC 2013
    Tulsa 2014
    Memphis 2014

"you can't be neutral on a moving train"
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    daily beggings
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    bump to show off the new signature.

SOUTHERN AND FAITHFULL!! 13 shows in the south....

i've been to three other non-southern shows, but those places are already getting some tour love....

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    good morning! *yawn.....bump!!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    tylerpjtxtylerpjtx Posts: 201
    i'm late...but PLEASE play dallas, houston, san antonio, new orleans, memphis, lubbock, and anywhere else in the south
    all these burning battlefields are now behind us, life has brought us here together to remind us, that love will rise above it all and just keep growin, life keeps flowing and every moment starts right here with us
    -mason jennings
  • Options
    tylerpjtx wrote:
    i'm late...but PLEASE play dallas, houston, san antonio, new orleans, memphis, lubbock, and anywhere else in the south

better late than never!! ;) welcome to the bumping party...please give us a hand whenever you can!!

southern and faithful!!

• Options
    Play Nashvillle too!
    "...Never take it seriously. You never take it seriously, you never get hurt; you never get hurt, you always fun; and if you ever get lonely, just go to the record store, and visit your friends."
  • Options
    kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    Play Nashvillle too!

hi alex! maybe we can sit (stand) near each other again.. ;) down south....
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Options
    ClarissaClarissa Posts: 4
    we love Pearl Jam here too, we're not all Bush loving hillbillies (the president, not the muff) I've never had the pleasure of seeing Pearl Jam, please don't deny me it.

please play Nashville, TN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    TB RivalTB Rival Posts: 74
    FLORIDA and PJ have a great standing tradition....At the 2000 show in Tampa we had 3 encores, which is very rare.

Pearl Jam, you obviously felt the love from Tampa....please don't deny us a tour supoorting such an incredible album!!! You have to come South!!!

Eddie don't forget:

"Even the East Coast still gets.....big big waves" - EV in 2000 Tremor Christ in Tampa
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    More love from the South..........please play here or in Alaska or Nova Scotia or Edmonton.....someplace the Missus and I want to visit.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    please just throw us a bone!!!

• Options
    Galaxie2X4Galaxie2X4 Posts: 151
    holleroxx wrote:
    How about new years eve in Florida! The hurricanes will be gone and the wheather will be cool! Or how about ANY TIME!!!!!PLEASE PLAY THE SOUTH!

What a great idea. New Year's at West Palm Beach with Pearl Jam
    "My Cadillac's sittin in the back, it isn't me, I'm going home in my Galaxy"
    S. Hoon

"My body's nobody's body but mine. You run your own body, let me run mine" Chicago '95

Franken '08
  • Options
    Florida holds much love for Pearl Jam please come visit! We are dying here! The south won't let you guys down. We love you!!! Come close out 06' in Tampa or WPB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    wahinewahine Posts: 86
    Happy 4th of July!!!

Bump for the south!
    Please come to VA/Carolinas - or as someone else posted, New Years in Florida would be sweet!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine. I Am Mine
    Til the Lightning Bolt sets you free

Wahine - I'm a Lightning Bolt

9/2/98, 7/1/03, 10/3/05, 5/30/06, 6/17/08, ED-8/16/08, 10/30/09, 5/13/10, 10/29/13, 10/14/14

-RIP Hippiemom -
  • Options
    Bump!
  • Options
    I am going to say it again.

It is total disrespect that the administrator of this board does not make this thread a "sticky".
    Austin 1995
    Dallas 2000
    Oklahoma City 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Dallas 2013
    OKC 2013
    Tulsa 2014
    Memphis 2014

• Options
    if they would give us a tiny tidbit of info, it wouldn't need to be a sticky....

over 1300 is alot of posts to ignore, though, i'll agree with you there....

• Options
    Our passion to keep this thread alive would die if the band or their media cronies would just say something as simple as "We recognize that we have skipped a large portion of America in our world tour. Rest assured, we will play in the cities skipped in the 2006 world tour sometime in 2007."

It is that simple. I do not care if the South voted for George Bush, George W Bush, Jeb Bush, Chelsea Clinton, Monica Lewinski, Newt Gingrich, etc. That is nothing more than a cop-out. Pony up, and reward the fans that were skipped. The same fans who buy your albums, shirts, bootlegs, concert tickets, etc.

It is moronic to skip certain parts of the country b/c they voted for someone you do not approve. That would be like G.W. saying, I will not go the Northeast b/c they voted for Gore and Kerry. Absolutely selfish and moronic.
    Austin 1995
    Dallas 2000
    Oklahoma City 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Dallas 2013
    OKC 2013
    Tulsa 2014
    Memphis 2014

• Options
    billpjbillbillpjbill Posts: 15
    play the south you bastards!
  • Options
    mwachsmanmwachsman Posts: 474
    Please!!
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • Options
    BrenttxBrenttx Posts: 5
    Here's a little story about a girl named Pam
    Poor southerner just wanted to see Pearl Jam
    While writing on the "Pit" & sitting on her can
    Decided to pack her stuff and see her favorite band
    Leash that is, Even Flow, Jeremy

Well, the next thing ya know ol' Pam is aware
    If she's gonna see her band she'll have to drive away from there
    She said, "California is the place I need to be"
    So she headed down the road to see her "Jamily"
    friends that is, greatest fans in the world

P.S. was extremely intoxicated when writing that last night but found it this morning and was talked into posting it.