Options

***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• Options
    wahinewahine Posts: 86
    carbon436 wrote:
    I hope it rains every day in oregon :)

Priceless!

Didn't they start a tour in VA ( I think '00, or '99) They DO like us! Don't listen to the nay sayers! They want us to give up, so PJ will skip us for sure. Don't stop the thread!! We can get them back to the south! Keep up the BUMPS!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine. I Am Mine
    Til the Lightning Bolt sets you free

Wahine - I'm a Lightning Bolt

9/2/98, 7/1/03, 10/3/05, 5/30/06, 6/17/08, ED-8/16/08, 10/30/09, 5/13/10, 10/29/13, 10/14/14

-RIP Hippiemom -
  • Options
    Oh Yeah, and BUMP for VA/CAROLINAS!

Peace Ya'll

9/2/98, 7/1/03, 10/3/05, 5/30/06, 6/17/08, ED-8/16/08, 10/30/09, 5/13/10, 10/29/13, 10/14/14

-RIP Hippiemom -
  • Options
    Sure, I live 5 minutes from the Cincinnati venue you played last weekend, but I'm a Kentucky boy at heart.

Play the south!

I'll drive back to Knoxville, Lexington, Louisville, Nashville, anywhere...as long as it's okay with my wife!
  • Options
    moegossardmoegossard Posts: 75
    They'll play the southern states in 2007... along with 3 boston shows.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    It is quite disapointing they would skip the south. Even more so is they took a long time to come out and say it (although i guess they never really did) which left a lot of people hanging on hoping for a southern show so they would not have to spend hundreds of dollars on plane ticket, hotel, and concert ticket. By the time it was evident it would not happen many 10 club tickets were gone :(

I really wish they would have let out a complete tour schedule at one time. Perhaps there was a good reason why they didn't but i' can't think of one.

Pretty disapointing that on their "comback" album they would skip an entire section of the country.

sorry i had to vent this morning.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    bump............bump................bump...............P.S. the women are prettier down here.........
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    Hey North dudes, help us out and hold up "Play the South" signs at the concerts. It worked for Leash.
    You're crazy man...
    I like you, but you're crazy.

~Frank the Tank
  • Options
    presenttentspresenttents Posts: 171
    i had to look back through way too many pages to find my favorite threat, c'mon, let's re-kindle the flame into a roaring petition of southern pearl jam love muffins
    4/18/03, 10/6/04, 9/11/05, 6/24/06, 6/16/08, ?
  • Options
    BPH_4LIFEBPH_4LIFE Posts: 43
    THE LOOK wrote:
    Ric Flair told me he would put Ed in the figure four if PJ did not play Charlotte.

wooooooooooo !!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Pearl Jam would be "stylin and profilin and limosuine riding" in the South

The Four Horsemen still rule the roost..............
    Austin 1995
    Dallas 2000
    Oklahoma City 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Dallas 2013
    OKC 2013
    Tulsa 2014
    Memphis 2014

"you can't be neutral on a moving train"
  • Options
    BPH_4LIFEBPH_4LIFE Posts: 43
    I love to quote myself......... Not really, just want to get my point across.

Boycott

Alright, I have to vent. I know my actions will mean very little to a rich band like PJ.

But, I am going to boycott buying another from Pearl Jam until they announce a tour in the South. Last tour I bought 10 bootlegs. I buy their new album every time one comes out. I own two copies of TEN. I own 3 bootlegs from the 2000 tour and several other bootlegs like Aussie Dynamos and Chapters. I will not buy one PJ bootleg from this tour. Their blatant skipping of the South has hit me on a personal note.

I live in Little Rock. The nearest destinations are 10-12 hours by car, one way, or an expensive plane ticket plus car rental. I cannot afford to travel to Chicago, Denver, Minneapolis, etc. I could afford to travel to Memphis, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, OKC, Austin, etc. They are shorter drives. I really would love to act like I have no responsibilities and just take a week off and travel and put myself into more debt. But, the reality is, I cannot afford to travel to any of the US destinations, Europe, or Australia.

I am personally offended by their actions. By the time they get to the South (2007?) the newness of the album will be well worn away and we will have to contend with those who have the money and just got to see PJ several times in the New England, Midwest, West Coast areas. By the time they get back to the states, everyone with a Ten Club membership or money to travel will pack stadiums in cities they would not go to otherwise.

I really enjoy the new album. Have several favorite songs. But, I will not give PJ another dollar until they show their fans in the South that they appreciate their patronage and will honor us with a live concert somewhere in several Southern cities.

I would love to see the outrage if their "world tour" was only played in Florida, Georgia, NC, SC, Texas, etc and they completely skipped NYC, Chicago, LA, etc. I could care less about the rumors of their frustration b/c shows were not sold out or several Southern states voted for GWB. But, that is nothing more than excuses.

BTW Pearl Jam. I voted for Clinton boths times, Gore, and then Kerry. But, I really do not give a crap if that makes you smile or makes you frown. It is a matter of self opinion, not a so called rumor or reason to skip cities with thousands of fans that want to appluade you and sing along.
    Austin 1995
    Dallas 2000
    Oklahoma City 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Dallas 2013
    OKC 2013
    Tulsa 2014
    Memphis 2014

"you can't be neutral on a moving train"
  • Options
    TexJamTexJam Posts: 31
    Bump
    **Houston 92
    **Houston 00
    **Houston 03
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Please
  • Options
    mwachsmanmwachsman Posts: 474
    Please!!!
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • Options
    holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Front Page!!!!!!!!! Please Play Florida And My Southern Frieds Towns! We Love You!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    back to the top so maybe someone will have mercy on us and tell us something...anything!

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    I really wish people would stop WHINING in this thread. Let's bring it back to what it plainly is supposed to be.....

a BEGGING thread!

And in the spirit of the moment..... Please, oh please, oh please, oh please!
    POR FAVOR ( that's southern too) Play the South!

Come on ya'll, let's keep this going!
    (and I wasn't kidding about the whining - there's other threads for that, this one is filled with hope, rainbows, ponies and pretty colored balloons. Don't attempt to burst my bubble!)

-RIP Hippiemom -
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Bump for my PJ friends in the South.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    I think we deserve a sticky :D:D:D
  • Options
    Please!!!
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • Options
    presenttentspresenttents Posts: 171
    bump bump bump it up
    4/18/03, 10/6/04, 9/11/05, 6/24/06, 6/16/08, ?
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    bump bump and some more bump
  • Options
    fishbigfishbig Posts: 6
    Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Pretty Please!!!!!
  • Options
    onlygrayonlygray Posts: 2
    I gave up on them coming here, so got in on the show they added in San Francisco and will travel to see them. However, I would damn sure go see them again here in Phoenix if they announced they were coming!
    paint a picture using only gray....
  • Options
    Bump for the South
  • Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    Sactly!!

Play HERE you pussies!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    still begging and waiting! PLAY FLORIDA!!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • Options
    LaterDaysLaterDays Posts: 142
    Oklahoma City
    Dallas
    Kansas City
    St Louis
    Littlerock

Any or all...

PLEASE!!!
    "You are everything, and everything is you. Me, you... you, me -- it's all related."
  • Options
    page 1 bump
  • Options
    tampa, orlando, & west palm would be great. and please announce it soon, im getting anxious.