***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Dollpartz wrote:
    So I sent Carter an email asking about the rumors of a tour and after he messed with my head for a little bit, this was his response....

"Well, I'd help if I could - but I really can't tell you anything just yet. The 'rumor' is they'll announce it really shortly. And, if you're a huge fan, I'm sure you're in the ten club - so you'll get earlier info anyway."

So I tried, but in the end, couldn't find out any more than we already knew.

Keep Hope Alive!

Yeah, I think he is really reluctant to announce anything since last November when he was talking about a show and they backed out.

We get the information EARLIER here? :)
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Dollpartz wrote:
    So I sent Carter an email asking about the rumors of a tour and after he messed with my head for a little bit, this was his response....

"Well, I'd help if I could - but I really can't tell you anything just yet. The 'rumor' is they'll announce it really shortly. And, if you're a huge fan, I'm sure you're in the ten club - so you'll get earlier info anyway."

So I tried, but in the end, couldn't find out any more than we already knew.

Keep Hope Alive!

Well, he seems to know SOMETHING, and by saying they'll announce it really "shortly" tends to make me think that he knows what he's talking about. And for right now, hey - I'll take it! At least it's word of some kind - even if it's not coming from 10C. To be honest, I've had a bit of a problem with the way 10C has handled a lot of things in the past year - don't get me wrong - I love 'em, but they've just seemed more disorganized than in the past.

So thanks Dollpartz, the "news" is a move in the right direction anyway! Have a good one-
    :)
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Nice to see the thread at the top.Lets keep it up!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    weenie wrote:
    I'll take it! At least it's word of some kind - even if it's not coming from 10C.

I agree!

weenie wrote:
    To be honest, I've had a bit of a problem with the way 10C has handled a lot of things in the past year - don't get me wrong - I love 'em, but they've just seemed more disorganized than in the past.
    :)

You can say that again!

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    Carter just played "Black" and mentioned that he has been getting emails about tour rumors. He said that he does not know anything for sure, that PJ should be making an announcement in the next couple of weeks. That he has heard from several places and feels "pretty good" about an Orock show at the Orena in Orlando - but has heard all kinds of rumors about when - from March to June.

I was just going to email him and request he play "push me pull me" because I have to go to a mammogram this afternoon. :)

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

SPALMA wrote:
    I was just going to email him and request he play "push me pull me" because I have to go to a mammogram this afternoon. :)

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    Good luck on that.............

~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    ~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    ~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    bump
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    weenie wrote:
    Ditto....
    Wow, I didn't realize that PJ had ever played Pensacola!
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

Yeah, it was a good show. Although I would think every show is a good show. Opened up with Ed singing "Won't Back Down" alone on stage with a spotlight. Lots of fun.
    Then went to McGuires and had the best steak and drank way too much beer...that would be pretty cool to be able to do that again. Oh well, guess I just have to wait and see.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    Yeah, it was a good show. Although I would think every show is a good show. Opened up with Ed singing "Won't Back Down" alone on stage with a spotlight. Lots of fun.
    Then went to McGuires and had the best steak and drank way too much beer...that would be pretty cool to be able to do that again. Oh well, guess I just have to wait and see.
    Playing the panhandle again would not hurt my feelings....:D

~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    ~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    ~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
  • play the states you missed
    because those states missed you too!
  • tybird wrote:
    Playing the panhandle again would not hurt my feelings....:D

~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    ~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    ~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~

second that, playing Lubbock would be excellent. but i'd defnately take Dallas or OKC
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
    second that, playing Lubbock would be excellent. but i'd defnately take Dallas or OKC
    Actually.......I meant the panhandle of Florida........but Texas is cool with me, too.

~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    ~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    ~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
  • mid-day bump and have a great day.

If a man hasn't found anything worth dying for, he hasn't anything worth living for. ~ Dr. Martin Luther King
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    The official I hate my new work hours and this temporary schedule can't end soon enough. Thank god for DVR.........BUMP.

~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    ~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    ~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~

in 07
    Brian
  • the bump from this week!!
    a WAVE came crashing like a fist to the jaw !
    WPB 03,Tampa 03,Camden 03,MSG1 03,Kissimmee 04,Lollapalooza 07, WPB 08,Tampa 08,Chicago 2009 (night 1 & 2), MSG 1 & 2 May 2010. PJ20 Sept 3 & 4 2011, Midtown Festival Sept 2012, Brooklyn Oct 18 & 19 2013, Ft Lauderdale 2016 and Miami 2016, Brooklyn, NY 2017

What venue was it? My niece lives in Navarre Beach and heads over to Pensacola for concerts a lot. Just wondering........ I would think PJ could sell out a venue there in no time - pulling people from all over FL, AL, LA, MS GA and maybe even TX.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    SPALMA wrote:
    Carter just played "Black" and mentioned that he has been getting emails about tour rumors. He said that he does not know anything for sure, that PJ should be making an announcement in the next couple of weeks. That he has heard from several places and feels "pretty good" about an Orock show at the Orena in Orlando - but has heard all kinds of rumors about when - from March to June.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

YIKES! PAIN! I hate those things. You have my sympathies.
    But it's good that you're going. Gotta keep an eye on your health.

I'm likin this DJ even tho I never heard him on the air.........hopefully I'll get to when PJ does a show in Orlando.
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Monday after work bump.Soon I can feel it!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    weenie wrote:
    YIKES! PAIN! I hate those things. You have my sympathies.
    But it's good that you're going. Gotta keep an eye on your health.

I'm likin this DJ even tho I never heard him on the air.........hopefully I'll get to when PJ does a show in Orlando.

Yup, pain.

Carter is quite down to earth and cool. He's not one of the stupid ones.

Congrats on passing 6200 posts, my friends.

~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    ~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    ~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    off that second page bump

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

• DELETEDDELETED Posts: 421
    Play down in the dirrrty south!

Consider this fucker signed...Again! ;)
  • IlovveePJIlovveePJ Posts: 145
    We Love You Here In Texas!!! (:
    Cincinnati. 6.24.06 Portland. 7.20.06 Gorge I. 7.22.06 London. 6.18.07
    Lollapalooza. 8.5.07 West Palm Beach. 6.11.08 Bonnaroo. 6.14.08
    Hartford. Mansfield.

www.myspace.com/lkatmeimsandrab
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    bump!

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
    Good night jammers....

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • lojixlojix Posts: 6
    Its cold outside, in TEXAS==
    All you need is love
  • Sure would love to hear a spring tour announcment.
    Can't You Feel This World, With Your Heart and Not Your Brain
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas