***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Hello!!!!!
    Help your brothers and sisters out here!!!!
    I am from the North and probably couldn't get down there for the show, but what the hell.
    C'mon now!
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • DELETEDDELETED Posts: 421
    ^^^^^Now that's the spirit!!!
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Hello!!!!!
    Help your brothers and sisters out here!!!!
    I am from the North and probably couldn't get down there for the show, but what the hell.
    C'mon now!
    Thanks for the love......

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • tybird wrote:
    Thanks for the love......

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

Where was the nearest Pearl Jam show this year to you & did you get to any of the shows??
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Where was the nearest Pearl Jam show this year to you & did you get to any of the shows??

Washington DC
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Twofer Tuesday.....

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    Ditto......

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

Now-
    back to work for a little while.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    weenie wrote:
    What venue was it? My niece lives in Navarre Beach and heads over to Pensacola for concerts a lot. Just wondering........ I would think PJ could sell out a venue there in no time - pulling people from all over FL, AL, LA, MS GA and maybe even TX.

It was at the Pensacola Civic Center. Yeah, that show sold out really quick.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    Two for Tuesday and starting to get in the Mardi Gras spirit down here. It is just around the corner!

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    Our friend and PJ fan, beleaguered DJ Carter - I think he is taken to announcing, regularly, that he has "no new news" about concerts. time moves sooo slow when you are waiting... so slow...

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

• NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    There's a sun around the bend

~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    ~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    ~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~

in 07
    Brian
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    If I keep holding out,... will the light shine through?

~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    ~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    ~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~

in 07
    Brian
    Just for grins, I looked back to see when Gardenlover started this thread.....

It was LAST FREAKING APRIL!! Couple of months more and we're celebrating our one year anniversary!!!!

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

Pretty dedicated group of folks we Southerners......
    Kudos to all you loyal fans.
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    weenie wrote:
    Just for grins, I looked back to see when Gardenlover started this thread.....

It was LAST FREAKING APRIL!! Couple of months more and we're celebrating our one year anniversary!!!!

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

Pretty dedicated group of folks we Southerners......
    Kudos to all you loyal fans.

Wow! It doesn't seem like that long ago.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    Washington D.C. which was during finals week for the spring term. It is 10-14 hours via car. No, I was unable to attend any shows in 2006. My wife and I did travel to Halifax, Nova Scotia for a show in 2005.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • DELETEDDELETED Posts: 421
    I'll sign this bitch again, and in my "Southern Bee-otch" accent! lol

Play 'da souf, and give us southerners some JAM with our peanut butter!!!
    I'll sign this bitch again, and in my "Southern Bee-otch" accent! lol

Play 'da souf, and give us southerners some JAM with our peanut butter!!!
    Welcome to the club..........:D

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    I can't believe that I am remiss in properly posting to this thread on a Tuesday...a "Two for Tuesday" that is.........

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    Page 6 save.............

Holy crap! I don't know about you guys in NC, AL, and TX, but I'm freezing my ta-tas off......

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    weenie wrote:
    Page 6 save.............

Holy crap! I don't know about you guys in NC, AL, and TX, but I'm freezing my ta-tas off......

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Yes....it is quite cold here in 'Bama. It is a good deal colder now than it was this A.M.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ...and it's going to be really cold when my class heads up to Wheeler National Wildlife Refuge in the A.M.

Two for Tuesday

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    I hope it cools off here in Florida soon.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

• Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    SPALMA wrote:

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

DITTO.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    DITTO.
    Double Ditto! Play the scorching south! We miss you!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
    SPALMA wrote:

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

From the direction the winds are coming, it might just head down your way. It's a snuggle up and stay inside kind of cold - brrrrrrrrr. Temp has dropped almost 40 degrees since yesterday.

But I STILL want PJ to
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    weenie wrote:
    From the direction the winds are coming, it might just head down your way. It's a snuggle up and stay inside kind of cold - brrrrrrrrr. Temp has dropped almost 40 degrees since yesterday.

But I STILL want PJ to
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    It feels like it dropped at least ten degrees between 7:30 a.m. and noon....brrrr

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

The home of "Two for Tuesday" :D
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    SPALMA wrote:

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

Yes please cool off soon, feels like summer
  • SPALMA wrote:

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

You on the Space Coast?...near Cape Canaveral?

Yeah, you'll cool off. Low near 50 on Friday night and upper 40s on Sat night.

Also very windy there on Wed with a few showers. Rough surf and high risk of rip currents.

Dammit, play the South. Play Atlanta. Play Smyrna.
    Shows Attended:1996-09-28|1996-09-29|1998-08-29|1998-09-18|2000-09-02|
    2000-10-08|2000-10-09|2003-04-19|2003-04-28|2003-05-03|2005-09-15|
    2005-09-16|2008-06-16|2008-06-19|2008-06-20|2008-06-22
  • cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    It's frigid here in Houston. What sucks tho is it will be just warm enough for it not to freeze and thus not give me a day to sleep in.