***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    OMG, two hours left on my shift and then two whole days off!!!!!
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Dollpartz wrote:
    OMG, two hours left on my shift and then two whole days off!!!!!
    Yeah..........my lovely wife is off on Monday, and I don't have class to attend on Monday.......yeah!!!!

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    Oh yea, my weekend has officially begun!!!

Everybody enjoy, Happy MLK day on Monday!
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Heck yeh! WPB 2 nighter I tell thee! :D
    Another BIG HELL YES!! for a West Palm Beach 2 nighter.And can't wait to meet Leather Mandi and her husband in Feb.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    tybird wrote:
    Just enjoying the soothing sounds of...........LEAF BLOWERS :rolleyes:

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

I can just hear that in the voice of Charles Kuralt. "And now, the soothing sounds of leaf blowers".

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    Brian
    gozzo5058 wrote:
    kat and sea,

can you end this thread? please!

thanks

s

Better yet, MAKE IT A STICKY.

The haves be having more
    Yet still bored

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    Brian
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Dollpartz wrote:
    Oh yea, my weekend has officially begun!!!

Everybody enjoy, Happy MLK day on Monday!

Enjoy! I'm working MOnday :(

NCBRI wrote:

The haves be having more
    Yet still bored

The haves have not a fucking clue.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    NCBRI wrote:

The haves be having more
    Yet still bored

and i think we all know the line that comes after that, all together now ...........
    NCBRI wrote:
    I can just hear that in the voice of Charles Kuralt. "And now, the soothing sounds of leaf blowers".

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    LOL..................:D

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    Dollpartz wrote:
    and i think we all know the line that comes after that, all together now ...........

Won't someone play?
    Won't someone play
    The South in 07?

~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    ~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    ~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    Brian
  • gozzo5058 wrote:
    kat and sea,

can you end this thread? please!

thanks

s

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.~Winston Churchill
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.~Winston Churchill

THAT is greatness.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

Well, good morning sleepyheads. Ir is beautiful out there.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

• Is the south leg going to happen or not? I want this thread to leave the first page and the only way it will happen is by announcing a tour leg (Houston dates included, of course.)
  • Ice22Ice22 Posts: 48
    Springtime in the South!! Come on PJ, bring it to the south!!

Florida awaits you.
    NCBRI wrote:
    Won't someone play?
    Won't someone play
    The South in 07?

~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    ~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    ~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~

ha, i was thinking more along the lines of 'fuck em', but yours works too!
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    ok guys, so here is the deal, I seriously don't wanna send Carter another message, so can someone else? This guys has the details on the south tour, but I've sent him 3 messages now and I am afraid I'm annoying him, if someone else wants to ask if he has any new info here is his myspace...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=6770247

he will get back to you right away usually!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
    A Churchill quote.............that rocks!!! :D

~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    ~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    ~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    Hope everyone has steered clear of all the ice that seems to be blanketing much of the midwest. It's a beautiful 71 degrees and sunny here. Pretty mild for this time of year.

~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    ~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    ~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    Brian
    TheGossman wrote:
    ok guys, so here is the deal, I seriously don't wanna send Carter another message, so can someone else? This guys has the details on the south tour, but I've sent him 3 messages now and I am afraid I'm annoying him, if someone else wants to ask if he has any new info here is his myspace...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=6770247

done!

I'll let you know if he responds to me....
    TheGossman wrote:

I emalied him last Thurs. He mentioned the tour on air and then I emailed him. (he didn't say anything definitive other than he was trying to find out more about the tour).- It certainly sounded like he still believed there was going to be one (as his station is supposed to sponsor it). He also said that he doesn't know yet and they had expected an announcement earlier than this. also referred to how he jinxed it last November by announcing too early. He won't do that again.

I'll try to listen to his show next week - see if he hints at anything new.

Maybe if more people did email him, he may give more info?
    Other than that we emailed back a forth a few times (mostly talking about recent chnages).

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    unofficial sticky still waiting for anything c'mon y'all tell us something even if it's "wait til 08" bump

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • goodnight PJ nation.

If a man hasn't found anything worth dying for, he hasn't anything worth living for. ~ Dr. Martin Luther King
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Looks like I got back just in the nick of time.....! Sixth page save-

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    Hope everyone enjoys the holiday if you are off from work.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Ditto....
    Wow, I didn't realize that PJ had ever played Pensacola!
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    Torture from you to me

~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    ~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    ~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    Brian
    So I sent Carter an email asking about the rumors of a tour and after he messed with my head for a little bit, this was his response....

"Well, I'd help if I could - but I really can't tell you anything just yet. The 'rumor' is they'll announce it really shortly. And, if you're a huge fan, I'm sure you're in the ten club - so you'll get earlier info anyway."

So I tried, but in the end, couldn't find out any more than we already knew.

Keep Hope Alive!