***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

great to see a bunch of unfamiliar names posting on this threads.......come back more often........we're a friendly bunch.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Pretty cold here in north Texas. Coldest week of the winter so far actually.

Oh yeah, PJ come to the south please.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • it has been a springsteen day!!!!

"Our American government has strayed too far from American values. It is time to move forward. The country we carry in our hearts is waiting.” B. Springsteen

Remember when the music
    Came from wooden boxes
    Strung with silver wires
    And as we sang
    The words would set our hearts on fire
    To believe in things
    So we'd sing

Remember when the music
    Brought us all together
    To stand inside the rain
    And as we'd join hands
    We'd meet in the refrain
    With dreams to live
    And hope to give

Remember when the music
    Was the best that we'd dream of
    For our's children's time
    And as we'd worked we'd sing
    Cause we knew time
    Was just a lie
    A gift to say
    A gift that future gave

Remember when the music
    Was a rock we could cling to
    So we would not despair
    And as we sang we'd knew
    We'd hear an echo in the air
    And if we weren't smiling then
    We'd smile again
    And all the times I listened
    And all the times I heard
    And all the melodies I missed
    And all the magic words
    All the beauty of all the voices
    And all the choices we had then
    I hope you find we got
    Those kind of choices once again

Remember when the music
    Was a glow on the horizon
    Of the new born day
    And as we sang
    The sun come up
    And chase the dark away
    And life was good
    For we knew we could

Remember when the music
    Brought the night
    Across the valley
    As the day went down
    And as we hum the melody
    We'd be safe within the sound
    And so we'd sleep
    To awake with dreams
    And promises to keep

goodnight pj people-may peace lay you down tonight.
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    G'night all you Alabamans and Texans and Carolinians and Georgians - we're all gonna freeze our tails off. And they're calling for *snow* in N. Atlanta tomorrow nite. I'm not forgetting all you warm Floridians either....
    Sleep tight all with pleasant dreams of PJ playing the South~~~~~~~~~~~

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Insomnia....I hate it.....

Here's to all of my southern friends catchin some zzzzzzzzzz's right now, wish that I could too!

And here's to page 420 of this thread and still goin strong!

Play the South, PLEASE!?!
    Good morning.........time to go birding..........brrrrrrrr....it will be a little on the chilly side this A.M. (And to think that I am get to do one of my favorite hobbies for college credit!!!)

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Just got to work so here is a bunp for the south on the man's time. New Orleans need you guys...
    Thanks Bad Habit. The entire South is in dire need of some PJ.
    And good luck to the Saints this Sunday.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    balwal78 wrote:
    You on the Space Coast?...near Cape Canaveral?

Yeah, you'll cool off. Low near 50 on Friday night and upper 40s on Sat night.

Also very windy there on Wed with a few showers. Rough surf and high risk of rip currents.

Dammit, play the South. Play Atlanta. Play Smyrna.

Was all set for the cold and I guess now we aren't getting it :(
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • SPALMA wrote:
    Was all set for the cold and I guess now we aren't getting it :(
    I can send you some cold down from teh northside of Atlanta...we have plenty of it today!

Oh, and PLAY THE SOUTH!
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    Oooooohh I'm sick and tired of hearing things about how nice, warm, hot, great etc etc Florida IS!!!!!! All we want is the cold...please give us some cold, all we want is the cold, please give us some cold, all we want is some cold, WE CAN HANDLE THE COLD! :)

hahahah, please excuse my moment of lameness.

But really, I hope we get some cooler air around here :o

~Play the South~
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
    I can send you some cold down from teh northside of Atlanta...we have plenty of it today!

Oh, and PLAY THE SOUTH!

I'll take it! and a PJ show in Atlanta too- I'll be there! Already researching the venues and nearby hotels.

• NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Cold seems to be the topic. 36 degrees here in the heart of Carolina. Its only expected to reach the low 40s today and tomorrow and we just might see some winter precipitation in the morning. Would be nice. I love warm weather, but a nice cold snap and some white fluffy stuff (no ice please) are always welcome. We are usually lucky enough to get one or two snowfalls a year. Last year was the exception.

I don't believe in snow
    I don't believe in snow
    I don't believe in snow
    Cause we didn't get nothin' last year

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

in 07
    Brian
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    20 degrees in Dallas...snow and ice on the ground...we need Pearl Jam
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
    SPALMA wrote:
    I'll take it! and a PJ show in Atlanta too- I'll be there! Already researching the venues and nearby hotels.

If they DO play Atlanta, and they play Phillips (most likely) you should stay at the hotel attached to Phillips - and the CNN HQTRS building. I'm pretty sure it's the Omni. You don't even have to go outside to get into Phillips, plus there's all kinds of food establishments and shops on the first floor of the CNN building. You're also in the heart of downtown and don't need a car. You can take MARTA everywhere.

I know you're in Florida, and I'm from Miami, but you really need to go to the Atlanta aquarium if you're ever here. It's unbelievable! There's a glass wall that's about 50 feet high and 70 ft. wide that you can sit on the floor in front of and watch everything. You feel like you're sitting on the bottom of the ocean watching all these cool sea creatures. FANTASTIC! It's the one thing in downtown Atlanta I highly recommend. The CNN building tour is pretty neat too. Hell, I'll take off work and go with you!!! :)
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    lunchtime bump
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Pearl Jam PLEASE PLAY THE SOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
    a WAVE came crashing like a fist to the jaw !
    WPB 03,Tampa 03,Camden 03,MSG1 03,Kissimmee 04,Lollapalooza 07, WPB 08,Tampa 08,Chicago 2009 (night 1 & 2), MSG 1 & 2 May 2010. PJ20 Sept 3 & 4 2011, Midtown Festival Sept 2012, Brooklyn Oct 18 & 19 2013, Ft Lauderdale 2016 and Miami 2016, Brooklyn, NY 2017
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    I'm ready for a trip to the ATL. And yes, the CNN/Phillips Arena complex is very cool!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Oooooohh I'm sick and tired of hearing things about how nice, warm, hot, great etc etc Florida IS!!!!!! All we want is the cold...please give us some cold, all we want is the cold, please give us some cold, all we want is some cold, WE CAN HANDLE THE COLD! :)

hahahah, please excuse my moment of lameness.

But really, I hope we get some cooler air around here :o

~Play the South~

live in swealtering Houston..and sooo look forward to a north wind to kick the humidity to the south. We were treated to some low 30's and freezing rain last night.....it was nice.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    CServant wrote:
    I'm ready for a trip to the ATL. And yes, the CNN/Phillips Arena complex is very cool!

Come on down...... !
    and keep posting for PJ to:

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    weenie wrote:
    If they DO play Atlanta, and they play Phillips (most likely) you should stay at the hotel attached to Phillips - and the CNN HQTRS building. I'm pretty sure it's the Omni. You don't even have to go outside to get into Phillips, plus there's all kinds of food establishments and shops on the first floor of the CNN building. You're also in the heart of downtown and don't need a car. You can take MARTA everywhere.

I know you're in Florida, and I'm from Miami, but you really need to go to the Atlanta aquarium if you're ever here. It's unbelievable! There's a glass wall that's about 50 feet high and 70 ft. wide that you can sit on the floor in front of and watch everything. You feel like you're sitting on the bottom of the ocean watching all these cool sea creatures. FANTASTIC! It's the one thing in downtown Atlanta I highly recommend. The CNN building tour is pretty neat too. Hell, I'll take off work and go with you!!! :)

Awesome! thanks. I will book a room the day they announce tour dates. I'm hoping to spend some time there - but if Pearl Jam is heading South after that show, so will I. Maybe can go a day or two early.

I love aquariums - many many years ago I volunteered at the New England Aquarium and was able to run around behind all the exhibits. It was very cool. - that was the in the day of Andre the seal. All I've seen lately is Seaworld - where the most impressive things are the lines you must wait in. I've stayed away since the kids are grown and I don't have to chaperone school trips.

• Please play in the south! Maybe they could play in the next few days and it might rival the last Birmingham show for the coldest frickin' outdoor show in history! Even Eddie was pissed in September or October to be playing out side. Needless to say it was a short show!
    Greg
    SPALMA wrote:
    Awesome! thanks. I will book a room the day they announce tour dates. I'm hoping to spend some time there - but if Pearl Jam is heading South after that show, so will I. Maybe can go a day or two early.

I love aquariums - many many years ago I volunteered at the New England Aquarium and was able to run around behind all the exhibits. It was very cool. - that was the in the day of Andre the seal. All I've seen lately is Seaworld - where the most impressive things are the lines you must wait in. I've stayed away since the kids are grown and I don't have to chaperone school trips.

Wow, volunteering at an aquarium must have been fun! You would definitely enjoy this one - it also has a tunnel you walk through and the ceiling is the aquarium. The creatures are swimming along the sides and over you.

Yeah, I'm also curious about how they'd run a Southern tour and what cities would be back to back. I'm hoping they start in West Palm, then head to Orlando. They'd probably hit Atlanta after that....... me and my daydreaming!!!~~~~~~~~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    weenie wrote:
    Wow, volunteering at an aquarium must have been fun! You would definitely enjoy this one - it also has a tunnel you walk through and the ceiling is the aquarium. The creatures are swimming along the sides and over you.

Yeah, I'm also curious about how they'd run a Southern tour and what cities would be back to back. I'm hoping they start in West Palm, then head to Orlando. They'd probably hit Atlanta after that....... me and my daydreaming!!!~~~~~~~~

Starting in Texas then heading east.... (-:
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    Buuuummmmp!!!!!! :)
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
    ggraeber wrote:
    Please play in the south! Maybe they could play in the next few days and it might rival the last Birmingham show for the coldest frickin' outdoor show in history! Even Eddie was pissed in September or October to be playing out side. Needless to say it was a short show!
    Greg
    Boy howdy..........that was a cold night

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
  • and I'm all for a show in the south. I'm tired of dressing like an eskimo:)
    callen wrote:
    Starting in Texas then heading east.... (-:

That would work too.... I'm flexible.....just as long as they get down here SOOOOOOOOOOON!!

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    weenie wrote:

this was part of the 2003 tour. Probably won't do all these venues agaain, but this is how it was mapped out for that tour.

April 8, 2003 - UNO Lakefront Arena; New Orleans, Louisiana

April 9, 2003 - Oak Mountain Amphitheatre; Birmingham, Alabama

April 11, 2003 - Sound Advice Amphitheatre; West Palm Beach, Florida

April 12, 2003 - House of Blues; Lake Buena Vista, Florida

April 13, 2003 - St. Pete Times Forum; Tampa, Florida

April 15, 2003 - Alltel Pavilion Walnut Creek; Raleigh, North Carolina

April 16, 2003 - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre; Charlotte, North Carolina

April 18, 2003 - AmSouth Amphitheatre; Nashville, Tennessee

April 19, 2003 - Hi Fi Buys Amphitheatre; Atlanta, Georgia

April 21, 2003 - Rupp Arena; Lexington, Kentucky

April 22, 2003 - Savvis Center; St. Louis, Missouri

I would probably hit all Fla. shows and the Atlanta show. That would be a nice road trip. I've already put everyone on notice at work... just in case.

SPALMA wrote:
    this was part of the 2003 tour. Probably won't do all these venues agaain, but this is how it was mapped out for that tour.

April 8, 2003 - UNO Lakefront Arena; New Orleans, Louisiana

April 9, 2003 - Oak Mountain Amphitheatre; Birmingham, Alabama

April 11, 2003 - Sound Advice Amphitheatre; West Palm Beach, Florida

April 12, 2003 - House of Blues; Lake Buena Vista, Florida

April 13, 2003 - St. Pete Times Forum; Tampa, Florida

April 15, 2003 - Alltel Pavilion Walnut Creek; Raleigh, North Carolina

April 16, 2003 - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre; Charlotte, North Carolina

April 18, 2003 - AmSouth Amphitheatre; Nashville, Tennessee

April 19, 2003 - Hi Fi Buys Amphitheatre; Atlanta, Georgia

April 21, 2003 - Rupp Arena; Lexington, Kentucky

April 22, 2003 - Savvis Center; St. Louis, Missouri

I would probably hit all Fla. shows and the Atlanta show. That would be a nice road trip. I've already put everyone on notice at work... just in case.

That was really smart to go back and check the stops and time between locations. Thanks for posting the info.

I've been to shows in FL and Atlanta so often that sometimes I think I'd like to experience shows in NC, TN, KY just for a change of pace. But the crowds in Florida are always so great!

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau