***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• I hope that WHEN they come back to Atlanta, we are lucky enough to see them at HiFi again. I did not care for the acoustics at Phillips at all, and if you arent in the pit, the view sucks. At HiFi, I've never found a bad place to be, and I've been damn near everywhere in the place.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    SPALMA wrote:
    April 9, 2003 - Oak Mountain Amphitheatre; Birmingham, Alabama
    Slow ticket sales.....moved from the Civic Center Arena to the Amphitheatre....then it turned out being a bitterly cold April evening.....2nd Coldest PJ show ever.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499
    callen wrote:
    live in swealtering Houston..and sooo look forward to a north wind to kick the humidity to the south. We were treated to some low 30's and freezing rain last night.....it was nice.
    ........Wait until you get out on the highway and people are ice skating with motor vehicles..................This warning brought to you by a resident of the Texas Panhandle who has been having freezing rain and ice for the past month now :( It's bad enough up here and we're somewhat experienced driving on icy roads.......................good luck to you though, lol
    A class field trip to Wheeler National Wildlife Refuge today resulted in numerous sightings of one of this thread's favorite birds.............Sandhill Cranes. Hundreds of them..........calling, flying, landing, wading and dancing. What a sight........one of the joys of the South in winter.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • tybird wrote:
    A class field trip to Wheeler National Wildlife Refuge today resulted in numerous sightings of one of this thread's favorite birds.............Sandhill Cranes. Hundreds of them..........calling, flying, landing, wading and dancing. What a sight........one of the joys of the South in winter.

that sound like just agreat day. beautiful!!!!!!!!

The simplest things are often the truest.
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    tybird wrote:

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

That was well worth braving the cold for....glad you had such a great day. It's another cold one.....everywhere - except Florida :(
    Good morning jammers.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    tybird wrote:
    Slow ticket sales.....moved from the Civic Center Arena to the Amphitheatre....then it turned out being a bitterly cold April evening.....2nd Coldest PJ show ever.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

I remember, Ed was getting sick after that... was so afraid he'd be sick for our shows, but Flroida, warmth, sun was balsamic. WPB was a beautiful night.

In training ALL DAY! (I wish it were outside with the birds!)

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

Field quiz on the little birdies today at the Birmingham Botanical Gardens....
  • bumping from the bottom :)
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    2006 - No snow in the triangle
    2007 - The snow decided to "come back" even if it was only enough to cover the ground

2006 - PJ "Not For You" Tour
    2007 - ?????

~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    ~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    ~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~

in 07
    Brian
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    bumping to the top.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    Lunchtime bump-

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    come to Texas fellas.....I need you.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    PJPOWER wrote:
    ........Wait until you get out on the highway and people are ice skating with motor vehicles..................This warning brought to you by a resident of the Texas Panhandle who has been having freezing rain and ice for the past month now :( It's bad enough up here and we're somewhat experienced driving on icy roads.......................good luck to you though, lol

We had but frozen bridges..and that only lasted for 3-4 hours......lived in northern climates..and freazing rain does suck.......but I was happy to see anything frozen.....plus had two half days at work...Yippee....
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
  • Im signing...I saw 3 PJ shows In Fla when I lived there 93,94,95
    we all walk the long road
    footstepps wrote:
    Im signing...I saw 3 PJ shows In Fla when I lived there 93,94,95
    Thanks for the help.........we do appreciate it.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

:)
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    PULEEEZE!!!!!

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

• holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Daily beggin's and a plea! Give us an update! Anything is better than nothing! Pearl Jam 07' come south! We miss you! p.s play Florida
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
    Ain't too proud to beg.........

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    I'm not begging, I'm just chanting...

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    well folks, another rumor is circulating that they are headlining Bonaroo! Just a matter of time before they announce it on here!

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
    SPALMA wrote:
    I'm not begging, I'm just chanting...

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    That makes at least two of us.............:D

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~