***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    SPALMA wrote:
    good luck with that.
    Thank you..........went quite well.........it was not a painful process, but it was a little gross. Stints are gone!!!!!!! Yeah, yeah!!!!! Still can't blow my nose for at least another week. :( The Stints are gone!!! :)

Pearl Jam
    The South
    It would not be gross......
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    tybird wrote:
    Thank you..........went quite well.........it was not a painful process, but it was a little gross. Stints are gone!!!!!!! Yeah, yeah!!!!! Still can't blow my nose for at least another week. :( The Stints are gone!!! :)

Pearl Jam
    The South
    It would not be gross......

I was so amazed at what they can stuff in there (I told my doctor that I half expected him to pull out a rolled up flip-flop). I thought my stent was a cute little 1/4" thing and he pulls out a soda straw! Doctor told me "not to make him laugh while he is working!"

Glad everything came out OK - enjoy the oxygen rush!
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    SPALMA wrote:
    I was so amazed at what they can stuff in there (I told my doctor that I half expected him to pull out a rolled up flip-flop). I thought my stent was a cute little 1/4" thing and he pulls out a soda straw! Doctor told me "not to make him laugh while he is working!"

Glad everything came out OK - enjoy the oxygen rush!
    I was expecting something the size of a golf umbrella........ah, oxygen....how I have missed ye......now I can really kiss me wife again. :D

PJ
    South
    '07
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    The South!!!

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Make it so....
    Back to back bumps.........second page rescue!!!!
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    Texas 2007
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
    The South 2007
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Hey tybird-
    Just wondering......Did you have that procedure done because of a constantly stuffy nose or because of sinus infections? I'm curious because certain times of the year I get sinus infections that won't go away - even with antibiotics. And I HATE taking antibiotics.

Also, did you get black eyes because of all the invasive stuff they were doing with your nose? Bet it DOES feel good to breathe again. Man, having that stuffing up my nose would have driven me ape!

Glad you're in the home stretch and will get to bring in the New Year with lots of oxygen lighting up those synapses :)

Now tybird needs PJ to PLAY THE SOUTH in '07!!!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    weenie wrote:
    Hey tybird-
    Just wondering......Did you have that procedure done because of a constantly stuffy nose or because of sinus infections? I'm curious because certain times of the year I get sinus infections that won't go away - even with antibiotics. And I HATE taking antibiotics.

Also, did you get black eyes because of all the invasive stuff they were doing with your nose? Bet it DOES feel good to breathe again. Man, having that stuffing up my nose would have driven me ape!

Glad you're in the home stretch and will get to bring in the New Year with lots of oxygen lighting up those synapses :)

Now tybird needs PJ to PLAY THE SOUTH in '07!!!
    Weenie:
    Major life-long problem with allergies, including the constantly stuffy nose and the regular like-clockwork sinus infections. I have also broken my nose numerous times in the past with it being properly re-set. The procedure was what was wanted to in order for me to breathe "good." I am also under the same doctor's care for allergy shots (two a week).

No black eyes......the swelling did occasionally irritate my eyes....but no black eyes. The breaking of my nose was not required by the procedure.

Yes.....it feels wonderful, almost childlike, to breathe again!!!!

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Show us the love
    tybird wrote:
    Weenie:
    Major life-long problem with allergies, including the constantly stuffy nose and the regular like-clockwork sinus infections. I have also broken my nose numerous times in the past with it being properly re-set. The procedure was what was wanted to in order for me to breathe "good." I am also under the same doctor's care for allergy shots (two a week).

No black eyes......the swelling did occasionally irritate my eyes....but no black eyes. The breaking of my nose was not required by the procedure.

Yes.....it feels wonderful, almost childlike, to breathe again!!!!

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Show us the love

I can definitely sympathize, I've had sinus headaches and infections since I was 18. I was considering surgery when a doc in Ft. Myers came up with a combination of drugs that seemed to make a huge difference. Or maybe I'm just outgrowing the problem? Or maybe moving out of moldy south florida helped? I don't know.

What you went through sounds awfully painful and pretty restrictive for a good amount of time. Glad you're breathing well; you've been through a lot and also that you don't have black eyes!! Maybe you can even get off of the allergy shots now. Those things can hurt - depending on who is giving them....

A lot of us on this thread have had "procedures" since it started several months ago. If PJ doesn't play the South soon, we'll all be talking about our grandchildren before you know it .....
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    weenie wrote:
    I can definitely sympathize, I've had sinus headaches and infections since I was 18. I was considering surgery when a doc in Ft. Myers came up with a combination of drugs that seemed to make a huge difference. Or maybe I'm just outgrowing the problem? Or maybe moving out of moldy south florida helped? I don't know.

What you went through sounds awfully painful and pretty restrictive for a good amount of time. Glad you're breathing well; you've been through a lot and also that you don't have black eyes!! Maybe you can even get off of the allergy shots now. Those things can hurt - depending on who is giving them....

A lot of us on this thread have had "procedures" since it started several months ago. If PJ doesn't play the South soon, we'll all be talking about our grandchildren before you know it .....
    I suspect that the allergy shots will remain for some time......but this should make life a bit better.

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Bring us good health
  • Please!!!
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    dangerboy wrote:
    unofficial sticky waiting for the "popping up here and there 07 tour" schedule bump

I would much prefer that than they drag the "Not For You Tour" on into 2007.
    Brian
  • Please oh please oh please! Come SOUTH We miss you guys!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • heres to my going camping bump

To poke a wood fire is more solid enjoyment than almost anything else in the world.
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
    An after dark bump

Please play the South in 2007
    Page Six Save....

C'mon down and tour a little while boys
    It's warmer here
    Play the South in '07
    ~:)~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    weenie wrote:
    Page Six Save....

C'mon down and tour a little while boys
    It's warmer here
    Play the South in '07
    ~:)~
    Wow..........the old board must have really been hopping last night.....page six!

PJ
    South
    '07
    2nd page rescue...........bump for the South in 2007
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    NCBRI wrote:
    I would much prefer that than they drag the "Not For You Tour" on into 2007.
    I 2nd that.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    Yes, please is all we can say.

So will Bama end the year with a win?
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • yeah...play the south. my friend just moved down there, so i have i place to stay. :)
    "let's hug it out, bitch."

"and onward goes this thing of ours."
    Yes, please is all we can say.

I have not checked my Magic Eight Ball yet on that one.........who knows with that bunch????

The bigger question is will they ever find a new head coach??????

PJ
    South
    '07
  • Yes, please is all we can say.

I can only say I hope not being an OSU guy.

So any news on Pearl Jam coming back around any time soon. I always thought the Dallas shows sold well. I was there for 2000 and 03 and loved every fucking second of it. Last show had great seats.

Will never forget 2000 Fucking Wife Beater end to Porch.

Happy New Year too you all.

Check out the Reign on Me from teh Sandler movie if you have not heard the trailer yet. Unbelievable
    Can't You Feel This World, With Your Heart and Not Your Brain
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas

So any news on Pearl Jam coming back around any time soon. I always thought the Dallas shows sold well. I was there for 2000 and 03 and loved every fucking second of it. Last show had great seats.

Check out the Reign on Me from teh Sandler movie if you have not heard the trailer yet. Unbelievable
    May the best team win......

Pearl Jam
    The South
    We love some football in the South
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856

Hell yeah, another Texan on this thread. That Porch rant was great!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    T E X A S 2007
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
    To the front I say!!!
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    It's already been said, but it can't be said enough
    All we need is Pearl Jam in 07, Pearl Jam in 07, Pearl Jam in 07

PJ
    South
    Brian
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    NCBRI wrote:
    It's already been said, but it can't be said enough
    All we need is Pearl Jam in 07, Pearl Jam in 07, Pearl Jam in 07

PJ
    South

FUCK DEAN SMITH, GO BOBBY KNIGHT!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08