• NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Nothing could be finer
    Than to be in Carolina
    In the spring time

PJ
    South
    Brian
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Cool..............5800+ posts..........you guys rock!!!!

PJ
    South
    '07
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    1234 1234!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Hey Oklahoma PJ Fan:
    Well said regarding revolution of thought etc......
    that's a huge part of what PJ is all about and we sometimes forget that because we love the music itself so much.

Let's face it, no matter where we live, we all need PJ. The fact that the South was not included in the past tour is oppressive - that's not the kind of guys the band members are.

They'll play here - I have faith!
    So do a lot of other folks - 5800 posts and still going strong.

Can't wait till they-
    ~play the South in '07~
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • This one is for the Godfather

Rest in Peace James Brown
    Can't You Feel This World, With Your Heart and Not Your Brain
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas
    Hey tybird:
    9,000 posts!
    YOU rock!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • CNN is having the funeral for James Brown now, it is a music celebration. Even if you are nnot big on Gospel I think it will get you moving if you checkit out.
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas
    Yeah, that's the way funerals should be I think - celebrations of the person's life. In this case, the person IS music. He did a lot to free up the confines put around musical expression for the public and led the way for people like Presley.
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • weenie wrote:
    Yeah, that's the way funerals should be I think - celebrations of the person's life. In this case, the person IS music. He did a lot to free up the confines put around musical expression for the public and led the way for people like Presley.

Awesome and you are right there where the funeral is, I did not realize that at first.

The south is the birthplace of rock and roll.

I dislike a lot of things about this part of the country, but the only thing to do about is try and make a change.

Come on Pearl Jam help us make a change, help us celebrate change.
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas
    Yeah, it's been a big story for us. One thing that's pretty cool about Atlanta is that music is huge here and the barriers between blacks and whites are less evident because of it. Yeah, we have the burbs for those whites who like separation, but the city itself is way cool with the brotherhood thing. There are ALWAYS exceptions, but Atlanta is a good example of how folks should strive to live together. Of course, the state of Georgia is home to a lot of people who don't like anybody...but I'm hoping the South will get it together some day. The weather is the best...... :)
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Such a beautiful day today, enjoying the sun, wildlife refuge, beach, new backyard, PJ studio cd's (no boots today) to try out my new truck stereo/speakers.

PJ doesn't know what it it missing... or maybe they do :)
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Bumping for the south.We need a show sooooo baddd!!!!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    weenie wrote:
    Hey tybird:
    9,000 posts!
    YOU rock!
    Thank you.....Thank you very much...

Like Spalma, we enjoyed a wildlife refuge today......drove up to Wheeler on the Tennessee River......did not see the elusive Tundra Swan, but we go to witness thousands of Sandhill Cranes......beautiful does not begin to describe it.

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Visit our lands of natural wonders
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • FLORIDA 07' !! I STILL got faith!!!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
    Goodnite all.

• stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Thank God 2006 is almost over!! 2007 is OUR time in the south.2nd page save and bump.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    unofficial sticky "later, 2006. much fucking later." and "keepin it on the front page for the last day of the year" bump

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
    Bumping on an ugly New Year's Eve morning......windy & wet

Please play the South in 2007
    Time to bump in the New Year. Preparing to take down the Christmas stuff and will be fighting the cat over that privilege.

PJ
    South
    Brian
    Great day to stay inside and watch some NFL action

PJ
    South
    '07
  • Dan1984Dan1984 Posts: 444
    NCBRI wrote:
    Time to bump in the New Year. Preparing to take down the Christmas stuff and will be fighting the cat over that privilege.

PJ
    South

I am ready for the New Year! I took down my Christmas stuff yesterday and I am ready for the New Year to start. Hopefully Pearl Jam will find its way back to Phoenix. I cannot think of a better time to stop by and play then spring.

Happy New Year everyone and be safe tonight!

Dan
    06/05/2003 - San Diego
    06/06/2003 - Las Vegas
    06/07/2003 - Phoenix
    Dan1984 wrote:
    I am ready for the New Year! I took down my Christmas stuff yesterday and I am ready for the New Year to start. Hopefully Pearl Jam will find its way back to Phoenix. I cannot think of a better time to stop by and play then spring.

Happy New Year everyone and be safe tonight!

Dan
    Phoenix would be a nice place for PJ to play in the coming year........Arizona is one of the best states for birding, and I have never been there.

PJ
    South
    '07
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    Happy New Year everyone!
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    dangerboy wrote:
    unofficial sticky "later, 2006. much fucking later." and "keepin it on the front page for the last day of the year" bump

Yeah!

BEAUTIFUL day here in sunny Florida - romping in the new backyard (we changed out fencing and incoprorated some lawn into the back yard - had none) Did the fencing ourselves - back breaking work!

Kids are with their friends and we have the house ALONE tonight. Ohh-Hoo!

As I said - BEAUTIFUL here and perfect place for a concert or two in some of our great amphitheaters.

And.....Happy New Year's Eve bump.

An early Happy New Year's to all of y'all

PJ
    South
    '07
    tybird wrote:
    Thank you.....Thank you very much...

Like Spalma, we enjoyed a wildlife refuge today......drove up to Wheeler on the Tennessee River......did not see the elusive Tundra Swan, but we go to witness thousands of Sandhill Cranes......beautiful does not begin to describe it.

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Visit our lands of natural wonders

Sandhill Cranes....one of my favorites....have a piece of china with one on it.

It was a totally rotten day here in the ATL, but I'm looking forward to '07 and visits to the south by our favorite band...and looking forward to meeting up with all you fellow jammers who help keep this thread going.

Happy New Year all - be safe!
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    Happy New Year "The South". Here's to a prosperous 2007 for everyone and I think it goes without saying that we all hope its a year in which PJ will accommodate us down here with a couple of shows.

PJ
    South
    Brian
  • The Rest of the Mid-West misses you, please play the Mid West too in '07. St Louis/Kansas City/Tulsa/Oklahoma City/Indianapolis
    StL 7/2/98, StL 10/11/00, NYC MSG 7/8/03, NYC MSG 7/9/03, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Bridge School 10/21/2006, Bridge School 10/22/2006, Lollapalooza 08/5/06
    http://www.myspace.com/pearljamily
    Happy New Year to All.

weenie wrote:
    Sandhill Cranes....one of my favorites....have a piece of china with one on it.

It was a totally rotten day here in the ATL, but I'm looking forward to '07 and visits to the south by our favorite band...and looking forward to meeting up with all you fellow jammers who help keep this thread going.

Happy New Year all - be safe!
    Sandhills are a special bird to my wife and I........seeing that many (probably around 2000) and hearing their calls is something special.

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Where nature reigns