***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• TheGossman wrote:
    FUCK DEAN SMITH, GO BOBBY KNIGHT!

c'mon man much love for bobby, but do not bust the dean!

go bobby k. goodluck tonight
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    c'mon man much love for bobby, but do not bust the dean!

go bobby k. goodluck tonight

I was just busting his balls, I live in NC, but I'm a Blue Devil fan :)
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • I've got a feeling we will get some sort of update soon. Still faithful in Florida!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Dinner out with my lovely wife bump

PJ
    South
    '07
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • And saving my vacation days for PJ @ The South Tour '07.....

"you have been bumped"
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Still faithful in Atlanta too....
    Here's my goodnight bump
    Please Play the South~~~~!!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    I can't believe this thread is still going. Ed said last week on CNN that they would never return to the south as he can't stand hearing all that banjo music.
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    nuffingman wrote:
    I can't believe this thread is still going. Ed said last week on CNN that they would never return to the south as he can't stand hearing all that banjo music.
    do you have a link to support this? Or are you fucking around?
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Louisville would be great because it's been many moons since the band was here, plus our mayor is trying to ban trans fat like NYC so maybe we're liberal enough...
    ... and we've got one of the best minor league parks in the country and the Louisville Slugger Factory and tour so they could kill time during the day...
    Noblesville -03
    Cincy - 06
    Happy Friday fellow jammers~~~

And oh, by the way-
    Please Play the South in '07!!!!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Kansas City
    Oklahoma City
    Dallas
    Houston
    Little Rock

I got a fever and the only prescription is more Pearl Jam
    myspace.com/curtandres
    pearljamguy@gmail.com
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Got a killer CD player and speakers for my truck...

Lisbon II and West Palm 2003 sure do sound good.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    Bumping for the South!!!!

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Because
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    2nd page rescue effort

Please Play the South in 2007
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    T E X A S 2007
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
    The South 2007
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    damn, i was hoping there would be sommmme kind of news within the time of my two week xmas vacation...

i havnt called into work once this year, savin em up! Hope it isnt for nothin :D
    Bumping for the South in 2007!!!
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    just got outta work, working hard, saving them pennies, cause I know its gonna happen!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
    TheGossman wrote:
    just got outta work, working hard, saving them pennies, cause I know its gonna happen!
    Gotta love that faith!!!

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Land of the Faithful
    We're waiting patiently.....
    (or impatiently in some cases)
    for the word.

Play the South in '07
    We're faithful
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    The South 2007..........what a dream
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    No word yet? Dang!

Bumpin' for hope.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    I bet they are waiting for the clock to stike midnight on New Years Eve and then announce the Southern Leg. That is going to be awesome!

I can dream can't I?
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    TheGossman wrote:
    FUCK DEAN SMITH, GO BOBBY KNIGHT!

Yeah, congrats to Knight. Not taking anything away from him because he is a great coach, but it did take him an extra 5 years to get there. It doesn't really mattter when Knight passes Dean (apparently UNLV wasn't gonna be the night). Coach K and Roy will pass both of them one day if they chose to coach long enough.

PS: Se ya on Feb. 7th for Part 1

PJ
    South
    Brian
    Friday night bump

Please play down here!!!
  • I love you Pearl Jam -
    I am in Mineral Wells, Texas it sucks. I need to see you soon. I will travel to any of the following if you will please: Dallas(of course), Lubbock(you actually did back in 2000), San Antonio, Austin(I nearly had a heat stroke with you guys here in 95, Houston, New Orleans, Shreveport(will never happen) Oklahoma City, Tulsa(Tulsa needs a PJ visit) Stillwater (Way to Go Cowboys, Good Game Alabama), Norman(I hate the Sooners), Kansas City, Little Rock, Memphis(about as far as I can go). Or any other place within that area, oh yea Albequerque too if that is as close as you can make it.
    Of course if you decide for whatever reason to never play anywhere down here again, I will travel further. It would be awesome to know either way.
    We need a revolution of different thinking in many places down here and your music facilitates and encourages that. You all are the best. We need you.

All my respect,
    Can't You Feel This World, With Your Heart and Not Your Brain
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    I love you Pearl Jam -
    I am in Mineral Wells, Texas it sucks. I need to see you soon. I will travel to any of the following if you will please: Dallas(of course), Lubbock(you actually did back in 2000), San Antonio, Austin(I nearly had a heat stroke with you guys here in 95, Houston, New Orleans, Shreveport(will never happen) Oklahoma City, Tulsa(Tulsa needs a PJ visit) Stillwater (Way to Go Cowboys, Good Game Alabama), Norman(I hate the Sooners), Kansas City, Little Rock, Memphis(about as far as I can go). Or any other place within that area, oh yea Albequerque too if that is as close as you can make it.
    Of course if you decide for whatever reason to never play anywhere down here again, I will travel further. It would be awesome to know either way.
    We need a revolution of different thinking in many places down here and your music facilitates and encourages that. You all are the best. We need you.

All my respect,

well said
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    2nd page save and bump and 5800 plus!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    I love you Pearl Jam -

All my respect,

i was also a near heat-stroke mosh-pit-crush victim at that show. ed stopped the show after two or three songs, and all i can say is it's a damn good thing he did....

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged