***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Flagg wrote:
    Merry Christmas everybody! Probably won't be posting again for a couple of days. Stay safe!
    See ya on the flip side, Flagg.........Merry Christmas.

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Happy Holidays
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    I'm getting excited about all the rumors buzzing around....Florida? now Pinkpop? Any touring activity is definitely a good thing for the South! Keep the faith!!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
    yield2me wrote:
    I'm getting excited about all the rumors buzzing around....Florida? now Pinkpop? Any touring activity is definitely a good thing for the South! Keep the faith!!
    Keepin' the faith............

PJ
    South
    '07
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Heard a rumor about PJ headlining Bonaroo this year, once again, I HEARD A RUMOR. It would be awesome though...
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Everything is a rumor, until it is history.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    KENNEDY wrote:
    Heard a rumor about PJ headlining Bonaroo this year, once again, I HEARD A RUMOR. It would be awesome though...
    Hey....NatalieHollawayville is just down the block from me.
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    I still believe in Christmas
    Even though I didn't get nothin' this year

PJ
    South
    Merry Christmas "The South"
    Brian
  • pleeeeeeeeeeeeease!
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    Good morning folks
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Merry Christmas to all my fellow Southerners!!
    Merry Christmas to all the PJ fans!!
    Here's hoping for great news in the new year.......
    Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
    pathorses wrote:
    Merry Christmas to all my fellow Southerners!!
    Merry Christmas to all the PJ fans!!
    Here's hoping for great news in the new year.......
    Pat
    and a very Merry Christmas to you.

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Happy Holidays
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Hey tybird, sounds like you're on the mend. Glad to see you're doing better.

Wish we'd get some good news from 10C. I haven't even got Deep yet...........

BUMP for the South and for gardenlover's monkey bars..... :)
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    weenie wrote:
    Hey tybird, sounds like you're on the mend. Glad to see you're doing better.

Wish we'd get some good news from 10C. I haven't even got Deep yet...........

BUMP for the South and for gardenlover's monkey bars..... :)
    I'm getting there........slowly.........not out counting birds today for the Birmingham Christmas Count, but I will be co-hosting the compilation with my beautiful wife. Breathing is still so what of a challenge.....nose still sore/tender.

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Do some good
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    tybird wrote:
    I'm getting there........slowly.........not out counting birds today for the Birmingham Christmas Count, but I will be co-hosting the compilation with my beautiful wife. Breathing is still so what of a challenge.....nose still sore/tender.

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Do some good

Wow, that surgery must have been pretty invasive. I was so amazed when they removed cataracts from my eyes and I could see immediately...guess you weren't lucky enough to have a laser procedure. The nose is such a tender area - you have my sincere sympathies.

I'm especially sorry you're not able to take part in the Christmas bird count.....we're having a lovely day for watching birds.

Well, here's hoping that PJ pays the south a visit soon and eases all of our miseries and burdens!!

PJ - Play the south!!! Please??
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    weenie wrote:
    Wow, that surgery must have been pretty invasive. I was so amazed when they removed cataracts from my eyes and I could see immediately...guess you weren't lucky enough to have a laser procedure. The nose is such a tender area - you have my sincere sympathies.

I'm especially sorry you're not able to take part in the Christmas bird count.....we're having a lovely day for watching birds.

Well, here's hoping that PJ pays the south a visit soon and eases all of our miseries and burdens!!

PJ - Play the south!!! Please??
    It's a lovely day here in B'ham too.........clear blue winter sky.....we have opened windows and such.....The White-throated Sparrows are active in the backyard.....seen the White-breasted Nuthatch several times today.

Yes, PJ playing the South would be a big step towards making 2007 a great year.

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Try us, you'll like us.....we promise
    a quick "i cannot believe my sons monkey bars i'm putting together has this many freakin pieces BUMP!"
    Goodnight ya'll and have much peace.

"WE DID NOT PLAY THE MUSIC, THE MUSIC PLAYED US" JEROME GARCIA

Ha! Ha! my baby boys are replacing about 100 ft. of fence the 3 days after Christmas (for all those monkey bars we struggled thru),

Speedy recovery for those of us on the mend and Happy Christmas, all!

SPALMA wrote:
    Speedy recovery for those of us on the mend and Happy Christmas, all!
    Thank you again and Merry Christmas to you!!!!

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Think of us
  • If that Pinkpop confirmation is true, I would take that as good news for us Southerners....at least they're touring again
    BeerBaron wrote:
    If it will help your cause, I'm willing to fly down to Texas or Florida for a few shows :)

That's very cool. I plan my vacations around concerts and seeing new cities. And we are all decent folk down here.

• digsterdigster Posts: 1,293
    I'm surprised they haven't used diminished ticket sales in the South to take advantage of the possibility of having a consistent tour of smaller venues; knowing how the band views those intimate shows, and seeing as they have not managed to do that since the early 90's, I thought they would try doing that for a short stint in the South. We'll see what happens, I guess.
    digster wrote:
    I'm surprised they haven't used diminished ticket sales in the South to take advantage of the possibility of having a consistent tour of smaller venues; knowing how the band views those intimate shows, and seeing as they have not managed to do that since the early 90's, I thought they would try doing that for a short stint in the South. We'll see what happens, I guess.
    Large venues.........small venues...........just head this way. Birmingham has one of the best possible small venues in the Alabama Theater.
  • digsterdigster Posts: 1,293
    tybird wrote:
    Large venues.........small venues...........just head this way. Birmingham has one of the best possible small venues in the Alabama Theater.

Yeah, I just remember when asked about the South, one of the band members mentioned that they wouldn't be going down there cause sales are slow in that section of the country. I just figured it would be a perfect opportunity to try doing a smaller venue tour.
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    please someone tell me that PJ/Pumpkins tour is BS, I love the Pumpkins but come on, I don't want a co-headline tour
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    TheGossman wrote:
    please someone tell me that PJ/Pumpkins tour is BS, I love the Pumpkins but come on, I don't want a co-headline tour

i'm pretty sure it's bs. looks like one of those ticketfake sites....

unofficial sticky wonder if the babies are due before pinkpop bump

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
    digster wrote:
    Yeah, I just remember when asked about the South, one of the band members mentioned that they wouldn't be going down there cause sales are slow in that section of the country. I just figured it would be a perfect opportunity to try doing a smaller venue tour.
    Yes, it would be the perfect opportunity to do such a tour.....you will find abundant agreement for that idea in this thread.
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    digster wrote:

amen brother!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    i will nudge this gently only to bump it up howeVer, i'm kinda getting afraid of asking anymore.... just in fear of causing like some strange 3-7 year no pj southern tour curse or something...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• merry bumpin christams out threre PJ nation

There's nothing sadder in this world than to awake Christmas morning and not be a child.
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
    merry bumpin christams out threre PJ nation

There's nothing sadder in this world than to awake Christmas morning and not be a child.
    Then be a child at heart..................

Merry Christmas

PJ
    South
    '07
  • merry bumpin christams out threre PJ nation

Not a child, but I get to watch my 3 :) Altho I would be as happy as they will be on Christmas morning if we only got some news!