***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    weenie wrote:
    SPALMA - you and I need to meet!! I just turned 56 on Dec 8th. I knew I liked you....... :)

BUMP the South back to the front page....
    Another belated Birthday Wish.............hope your day was the best, Weenie. Jeez, I feel like the youngster around here.......I'm only 41 (going on 42)

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Age does not matter
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    tybird wrote:
    Another belated Birthday Wish.............hope your day was the best, Weenie. Jeez, I feel like the youngster around here.......I'm only 41 (going on 42)

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Age does not matter

TeenyBopper! :)

Bump to the top.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    SPALMA wrote:

Bump to the top.
    Doh!!!!! :D
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    2nd page bump.

• stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    SPALMA wrote:
    Happy (belated) Birthday to you! Am looking forward to a gathering or (sigh) actual concert(s) in the upcoming months. We'll meet!

Bump.
    Dollpartz and I are trying to start up a PJ Fan meetup in Jan. in Orlando.I need so help finding the perfect spot.Please Help!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    SPALMA wrote:

Bump to the top.

I've got you all beat. I'm 34! :)

I am really hating the negativity on these other threads right now. Makes me want to take a long break from the Pit even though I don't post all that much.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Flagg wrote:

I am really hating the negativity on these other threads right now. Makes me want to take a long break from the Pit even though I don't post all that much.
    That's why I am avoiding the other threads and sticking with the "Grand-daddy of all Southern" threads.

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Be positive
    tybird wrote:
    That's why I am avoiding the other threads and sticking with the "Grand-daddy of all Southern" threads.

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Be positive

ditto & G'nite.

SPALMA wrote:
    ditto & G'nite.
    Too much on the ole' Birthday........calling it quits early, eh?

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Staying above the fray
  • Please please please come south!!!!!!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • sheenTNsheenTN Posts: 163
    Gotta sign up, really dissapointed they might not play more dates. I thought Asheville 04 show was one of the best crowds I've ever been a part of, and thought for sure they'd come around again this time. Oh well, we can only hope.
    Knoxville '98, Greensboro 2000, Raleigh 2003, Nashville 2003, Asheville 2004, Bonnaroo 2008, Columbia 2008, EV The Ryman 1&2 2009, Alpine Valley 1&2 2011, Charlotte 2013, Columbia 2016, Lexington 2016, Bonnaroo 2016
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    hey guys, I haven't been around for a while, and noticed there were some threads or posts saying they won't be touring the South afterall, that someone said there's no more dates or something like that? is that so?

Please please please gimme an update on the situation! :)
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
    Still bumping away.....

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Hope
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    SPALMA wrote:
    Happy (belated) Birthday to you! Am looking forward to a gathering or (sigh) actual concert(s) in the upcoming months. We'll meet!

Bump.

:) bumping back to the front page.......
    Happy Friday everyone!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    tybird wrote:

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Age does not matter

Thanks Tybird! I think we all must be getting younger on the inside even though we're getting older on the outside. Sure would be great to meet you guys at a concert(s).

PLAY THE SOUTH~~~~~!!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Flagg wrote:

I am 33. I got you beat.Good try though.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • at least include it during your next world wide tour...

which will probably be in 2009...

lol...

which would mean 6 years between pearl jam shows...

the south is the new europe...
    I miss you hippiemom.
    tybird wrote:
    Too much on the ole' Birthday........calling it quits early, eh?

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Staying above the fray

Still feeling some effects of meningitis.. so am getting my rest.

Dreary rainy weather for a week, good reading weather.
    April would be perfect time of year for a concert.

Saw another new "Hey it's not right that they skipped the south thread". Now the complainers are calling for a separate forum just for the south. :)
    We must be doing our job right.

Happy Friday!

Pearl_Juli wrote:
    hey guys, I haven't been around for a while, and noticed there were some threads or posts saying they won't be touring the South afterall, that someone said there's no more dates or something like that? is that so?

Please please please gimme an update on the situation! :)

O'rock radio still confirms (on air) the unconfirmed rumors of Orlando in March-April... but they have let us down before. So we will have to wait and see. No one really knows for sure, until the make an announcement which likely won't be until after the new year.

SPALMA wrote:
    O'rock radio still confirms (on air) the unconfirmed rumors of Orlando in March-April... but they have let us down before. So we will have to wait and see. No one really knows for sure, until the make an announcement which likely won't be until after the new year.
    We'll see, when we see a confirm...
    Still holding out

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Hope
  • I'm from NY and I agree that they should play the south. Even if it's only 10-15 dates...i made up a tour list a while ago for a 3rd US leg, it was 25 dates long, but i shortened it because now it is highly unlikely they will do another 25 shows
    (I had Albuquerque, Houston, Oklahoma City, Omaha, Raliegh

Phoenix, Arizona
    San Antonio, Texas
    Dallas, Texas
    Little Rock, Arkansas
    Kansas City, Kansas
    St. Louis, Illinois
    Indinapolis, Indiana
    Lexington, Kentuckyy
    Nashville, Tennesse

***2 Week Break***

West Palm Beach, Florida
    Tampa, Florida
    Atlanta, Georgia (x2)
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    State College (UM), Maryland
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    New York City, New York (x3)(MSG!!! :D:)!!!!!!!)
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    Sounds good to me - I would just change the Florida shows to
    West Palm (x2)
    Orlando

(Tampa was not the best venue -Ice Palace) - although they have a nice new amphitheater over there now... hmmmm.

I can't see them doing Orlando & Tampa (too close) but would rather see them in the amphitheater (orlando O-rena sucks for music) so, maybe you are right -

just would like to see 3 shows in Florida (plus 2 shows in Atlanta would make a great weeklong road trip!)

So maybe :
    West Palm
    Orlando (or Tampa)
    Jacksonville (great venue - Soldiers... something)

Sorry about my ramblings.

Oh, and Bump.

I'm from NY and I agree that they should play the south. Even if it's only 10-15 dates...i made up a tour list a while ago for a 3rd US leg, it was 25 dates long, but i shortened it because now it is highly unlikely they will do another 25 shows

Phoenix, Arizona
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    San Antonio, Texas
    Dallas, Texas
    Little Rock, Arkansas
    Kansas City, Kansas
    St. Louis, Illinois
    Indinapolis, Indiana
    Lexington, Kentuckyy
    Nashville, Tennesse

***2 Week Break***

West Palm Beach, Florida
    Tampa, Florida
    Atlanta, Georgia (x2)
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Not too Shabby.........I would suspect that Raleigh would actually sell more tix than Columbia, SC......but you chose some cities that would be interesting to visit and see a Pearl Jam show while there.

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Pretty please
  • tybird wrote:
    Not too Shabby.........I would suspect that Raleigh would actually sell more tix than Columbia, SC......but you chose some cities that would be interesting to visit and see a Pearl Jam show while there.

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Pretty please

Sorry I ment to take Alby out...

I took Raleigh out because I put Virginia Beach and that is near Raleigh, your probably right though

I wanted to fit in Vancouver, Ottawa, and Montreal somewhere but I don't think that is going to happen

I think the State College at University of Maryland would be amazing! They have that brand new Comcast Arena there!
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    unofficial sticky "keep the conversations in here" bump

and i win. i'm 39

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    stoneg wrote:
    I am 33. I got you beat.Good try though.

Dammit! Oh, well I tried. :)
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    dangerboy wrote:
    unofficial sticky "keep the conversations in here" bump

and i win. i'm 39

dang whippersnapper!

• I'm from NY and I agree that they should play the south. Even if it's only 10-15 dates...i made up a tour list a while ago for a 3rd US leg, it was 25 dates long, but i shortened it because now it is highly unlikely they will do another 25 shows

Phoenix, Arizona
    San Antonio, Texas
    Dallas, Texas
    Little Rock, Arkansas
    Kansas City, Kansas
    St. Louis, Illinois
    Indinapolis, Indiana
    Lexington, Kentuckyy
    Nashville, Tennesse

***2 Week Break***

West Palm Beach, Florida
    Tampa, Florida
    Atlanta, Georgia (x2)
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Virginia Beach, Virginia

I could probably hit 4 or 5 of these. Looks like a great list.
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    I'm from NY and I agree that they should play the south. Even if it's only 10-15 dates...i made up a tour list a while ago for a 3rd US leg, it was 25 dates long, but i shortened it because now it is highly unlikely they will do another 25 shows

Phoenix, Arizona
    San Antonio, Texas
    Dallas, Texas
    Little Rock, Arkansas
    Kansas City, Kansas
    St. Louis, Illinois
    Indinapolis, Indiana
    Lexington, Kentuckyy
    Nashville, Tennesse

***2 Week Break***

West Palm Beach, Florida
    Tampa, Florida
    Atlanta, Georgia (x2)
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Virginia Beach, Virginia

I like the list except I would add a Austin TX show and only give NY 1-2 shows max, you guys have had enough over the years!! :)
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
    yield2me wrote:
    I like the list except I would add a Austin TX show and only give NY 1-2 shows max, you guys have had enough over the years!! :)

Oh no!, Them's fight'in words!

Actually 3 shows in NYC makes sense - they'll draw all the Jersey folks that got all the shows earlier this year and many more from all points of NE (and Canada). And they'll make some money too.