***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    We are always here.
    And there is only here.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • Still faithful here. PLEASE COME SOUTH!!! Either we are going ignored or the guy's are giving us one hell of tease by not saying anything. Holy crap give us something,anything. Just a clue?
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    SPALMA wrote:
    We are always here.
    And there is only here.

unofficial sticky "there is only there until you get here" bump

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • ReleasHReleasH Posts: 743
    NCBRI wrote:
    For those who haven't seen this yet. There is a thread that talks about PJ doing a cover of The Who's "Love Reign Over Me" for a movie soundtrack, news on a 3 disc DVD chronicling the Not For You Tour and a quote from PJ management that says "they will pop up here and there” when asked about touring in 2007.

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=226762
    http://forum.bigdayout.com/viewtopic.php?t=43062

PJ
    South

Bump for PJ "popping up" somewhere in the South. PUHLEASE!!! I'm going through PJ withdrawal.
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    So when was the last time you guys saw PJ?
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
    yield2me wrote:

6/24/06 in Cincy. I tried to get out to the Gorge shows but ended up not being able to.
    I wanted to see them at the Gorge too!! I ended up seeing them in Pittsburgh which was an amazing experience
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
    Awwww .... you got Garden! I still haven't seen it live yet ... Cincy was pretty great though, I took my friend to her first PJ show. That's one of the reasons I want them to play something in the South ... to expose more people down here to the PJ experience.
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    yield2me wrote:

dc july 03

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Good night bump~~~

Please play the south
    or at least confirm that you're NOT........
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    yield2me wrote:
    Halifax, Nova Scotia 2005

Good night, my friends.............I go for a septum-plasty in the morning....in other words, a corrective nose job. That means I will probably miss out on "Two for Tuesday." I'll check back when I can.

PJ
    South
    '07
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    yield2me wrote:

5/57 and 5/28/06 in Camden.

My plan this year was to see them about 10 or so times but with my work schedule and a lengthy vacation in Alaska (for our anniversary) I wasn't able to see them again. Of course, I expected to hit a few shows in TX, OK, etc. but that didn't happen either.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    ReleasH wrote:
    Awwww .... you got Garden! I still haven't seen it live yet ... Cincy was pretty great though, I took my friend to her first PJ show. That's one of the reasons I want them to play something in the South ... to expose more people down here to the PJ experience.

The best was Throw Your Arms Around Me as the pre-opener...Ed's voice filled every inch of that place
  • I'll come to at least 3 shows if you guys make it here...and you can bet I'll bring friends each time...
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    yield2me wrote:
    Kissimmee,Fl. V.F.C. Tour October 2004.I believe it was the longest show of the tour.I do remember Eddie saying that anyway.So it's been 2 years plus and I am sooooooo ready for a show.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    yield2me wrote:

New Orleans 2003...can't wait for next time.

Tybird, good luck with the surgery. I hope recovery is quick and as painless as possible.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    And since it is a Two for Tuesday I hope Tybird gets some real good pain pills.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    And since it is a Two for Tuesday I hope Tybird gets some real good pain pills.

Yeah, me too! Sounds like painful stuff!!

Bump for the south~~~
    (and Tybird's nose)
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    yield2me wrote:
    July '06 - both Gorge Shows.....
    (PROOF that we KNOW that the airports in the south are not closed....)
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    yield2me wrote:

Lisbon in September
    Denver in July

And I Flew in an airplane both times! From an airport!

tybird wrote:
    Halifax, Nova Scotia 2005

Good night, my friends.............I go for a septum-plasty in the morning....in other words, a corrective nose job. That means I will probably miss out on "Two for Tuesday." I'll check back when I can.

PJ
    South
    '07

I had that surgery too! I can breath out of both sides now!
    GET PAINKILLERS!
    It is one of the best things I could have done to help my sinuses. Good Luck!

• FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    buttom of the page...

i dont flippin think so;)
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    yield2me wrote:
    The best was Throw Your Arms Around Me as the pre-opener...Ed's voice filled every inch of that place

i have to admit... that was one of the best pre openers ive ever seen... probably the best.

and as much as i really dont like springsteen, they are amazing when ed open with them as well...
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    those that are tired of seeing this thread bump. Oh and second page save as well.

And....Yes we all need time off..including the hardest working band....but 3 months should do it....then "Select shows" in the south....(0:
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    i have to admit... that was one of the best pre openers ive ever seen... probably the best.

and as much as i really dont like springsteen, they are amazing when ed open with them as well...

I know! I had always wanted to hear that song in person but I expected to go to my grave never hearing it....but wow it was such a treat to not only hear him sing it, but to hear him sing it so fucking well! The trip from Dallas was sooooo worth it!
  • I live in Tennessee and seeing "Even Flow: The Ultimate Pearl Jam Tribute Band" was the closest thing I've seen to Pearl Jam in 3 years. =( They rocked though!
    Reign over me bump.

Sounds great.

SPALMA wrote:
    Reign over me bump.

Sounds great.
    Just got what you guys are talking about......that's got to be a goose pimple, wet-eye rendition if I ever heard of one. Can't wait to hear it. Wouldn't it be great if THAT were the Christmas single.....?
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    weenie wrote:
    Just got what you guys are talking about......that's got to be a goose pimple, wet-eye rendition if I ever heard of one. Can't wait to hear it. Wouldn't it be great if THAT were the Christmas single.....?

Wouldn't it be great to hear it LIVE in March-April?...

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Like the song says........"I'm still Alive...." Alas, no pain killers despite have to do more work on the inside then they initially was required. My throat is really sore as is my nose. My beautiful wife is taking great care of me. Rest rest rest......stints come out the day after Christmas (what a gift!!!)

Pearl Jam
    The South
    For our noses....;)
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.