***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• SPALMA wrote:
    Oh no!, Them's fight'in words!

Actually 3 shows in NYC makes sense - they'll draw all the Jersey folks that got all the shows earlier this year and many more from all points of NE (and Canada). And they'll make some money too.

Long Island, NYC (5 Boroughs), Upstate NY, Jersey, Conneticut, Philly area
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    SPALMA wrote:
    Sounds good to me - I would just change the Florida shows to
    West Palm (x2)
    Orlando

(Tampa was not the best venue -Ice Palace) - although they have a nice new amphitheater over there now... hmmmm.

I can't see them doing Orlando & Tampa (too close) but would rather see them in the amphitheater (orlando O-rena sucks for music) so, maybe you are right -

just would like to see 3 shows in Florida (plus 2 shows in Atlanta would make a great weeklong road trip!)

So maybe :
    West Palm
    Orlando (or Tampa)
    Jacksonville (great venue - Soldiers... something)

Sorry about my ramblings.

Oh, and Bump.

Yeah, I vote my 2 cents for this itinerary. Two WPB shows and two Atlanta shows would be awesome. Not leaving out other cities in FLA and maybe Charlotte??????
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    I'm from NY and I agree that they should play the south. Even if it's only 10-15 dates...i made up a tour list a while ago for a 3rd US leg, it was 25 dates long, but i shortened it because now it is highly unlikely they will do another 25 shows
    (I had Albuquerque, Houston, Oklahoma City, Omaha, Raliegh

Phoenix, Arizona
    San Antonio, Texas
    Dallas, Texas
    Little Rock, Arkansas
    Kansas City, Kansas
    St. Louis, Illinois
    Indinapolis, Indiana
    Lexington, Kentuckyy
    Nashville, Tennesse

***2 Week Break***

West Palm Beach, Florida
    Tampa, Florida
    Atlanta, Georgia (x2)
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    State College (UM), Maryland
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    New York City, New York (x3)(MSG!!! :D:)!!!!!!!)

dude you left out the city that PJ played their best show in 03 at, Charlotte, Verizon Wireless is the best amphitheater in the south!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Deep magazine finally arrived today.

It was well worth the wait just to read about the Flute of Shame.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Dollpartz wrote:
    Deep magazine finally arrived today.

It was well worth the wait just to read about the Flute of Shame.

No kidding. That drawing should be on a shirt or poster next tour.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Sigh,...back to top of this pile o'.......
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • Still faithful, still waiting, still beggin' COME ON GUYS PLEASE ANNOUNCE SOMETHING anything!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • Play the SOUTH, dammitt! It's not like you'll get a paper cut! :D:p
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Spent all day looking for an uncommon hummingbird (Allen's Hummingbird) for the eastern U.S.....it had been banded and was hanging out in a yard not too far away.....Hummingbird 1 Tybird 0

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Be another uncommon visitor to these parts
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    SPALMA wrote:
    Sounds good to me - I would just change the Florida shows to
    West Palm (x2)
    Orlando

(Tampa was not the best venue -Ice Palace) - although they have a nice new amphitheater over there now... hmmmm.

I can't see them doing Orlando & Tampa (too close) but would rather see them in the amphitheater (orlando O-rena sucks for music) so, maybe you are right -

just would like to see 3 shows in Florida (plus 2 shows in Atlanta would make a great weeklong road trip!)

So maybe :
    West Palm
    Orlando (or Tampa)
    Jacksonville (great venue - Soldiers... something)

Sorry about my ramblings.

Oh, and Bump.
    Yes they must play a 2 nighter in West Palm Beach.Do they ever really play Orlando? They played at the House of Blues in 2003.Kissimmee in 2004.Tampa has the Ford Ampitheater now.The Who is playing there in March.Which makes me think PJ will be playing here about the same time.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    stoneg wrote:
    Yes they must play a 2 nighter in West Palm Beach.Do they ever really play Orlando? They played at the House of Blues in 2003.Kissimmee in 2004.Tampa has the Ford Ampitheater now.The Who is playing there in March.Which makes me think PJ will be playing here about the same time.

thought Orlando, only because of what they are saying on the radio. would rather see them at Ford (even tho it is farther away). O-rena is terrible.

Would love the 2nighter in West Palm. and March-April would be great - might get last minute tix to Who too. Last time I saw them was in 1972 :)
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • :)
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • weenie wrote:
    Yeah, I vote my 2 cents for this itinerary. Two WPB shows and two Atlanta shows would be awesome. Not leaving out other cities in FLA and maybe Charlotte??????

I'm digging this itinerary, too! I haven't been around this thread lately but when the rumors start flying I get my hopes up.....

As much as I would love to have Pearl Jam in my hometown (no sleep that night!) I have to say Charlotte is the better place for a PJ show. It's a little over an hour from here so I certainly don't mind that drive. They've never played Columbia but nobody seems to do well here except for country bands and the occasional hair band. So, they should play where they can sell more tickets so we don't have to keep hearing about that bullshit from everybody!

Happy (belated) birthdays to Spalma and Weenie. I'm 48, so I'm chasing you both!

PLAY THE SOUTH IN 2007!
    Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Here's to the weekend, happy belated birthdays to all I missed, and keep hope alive!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    SPALMA wrote:
    thought Orlando, only because of what they are saying on the radio. would rather see them at Ford (even tho it is farther away). O-rena is terrible.

Would love the 2nighter in West Palm. and March-April would be great - might get last minute tix to Who too. Last time I saw them was in 1972 :)
    What about TD Waterhouse? Is it any good for concerts? Never seen any shows there.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    stoneg wrote:
    I KNEW IT!!!!

yeah its the latest advancement in our cause :D

we are very close ....
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120

I think that was Mr. Clause himself
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
    stoneg wrote:
    What about TD Waterhouse? Is it any good for concerts? Never seen any shows there.

TD Waterhouse is good only if they do GA. I saw GreenDay there in GA and it was amazing. Don't know what it's like with seats on the floor instead. Maybe PJ would do a GA? Nah, doubt it.

The sides near the stage are okay but some seats (down low or up high) at the sides would be pretty crappy. But at THIS point, I'll take anything.... :)
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    pathorses wrote:
    I'm digging this itinerary, too! I haven't been around this thread lately but when the rumors start flying I get my hopes up.....

As much as I would love to have Pearl Jam in my hometown (no sleep that night!) I have to say Charlotte is the better place for a PJ show. It's a little over an hour from here so I certainly don't mind that drive. They've never played Columbia but nobody seems to do well here except for country bands and the occasional hair band. So, they should play where they can sell more tickets so we don't have to keep hearing about that bullshit from everybody!

Happy (belated) birthdays to Spalma and Weenie. I'm 48, so I'm chasing you both!

PLAY THE SOUTH IN 2007!
    Pat

Hey Pathorses - GREAT TO SEE YOU ON THE THREAD!!! :)
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    weenie wrote:
    Hey Pathorses - GREAT TO SEE YOU ON THE THREAD!!! :)

And thanks for the belated birthday wishes Pathorses and Dollpartz! When you get this freakin old, it's just another day..... :)
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    And still another bump for the South....

Anybody else not get Deep yet? I'm in Atlanta....
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    weenie wrote:
    And still another bump for the South....

Anybody else not get Deep yet? I'm in Atlanta....

got my, im in savannah :D
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    I want my first PJ show ever to be a West Palm Beach 2-nighter! :D

BUMP FOR THE SOUTH IN '07!
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • weenie wrote:
    TD Waterhouse is good only if they do GA. I saw GreenDay there in GA and it was amazing. Don't know what it's like with seats on the floor instead. Maybe PJ would do a GA? Nah, doubt it.

The sides near the stage are okay but some seats (down low or up high) at the sides would be pretty crappy. But at THIS point, I'll take anything.... :)

When they played Greenville in 1998 the floor was general admission.....
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
    pathorses wrote:
    When they played Greenville in 1998 the floor was general admission.....

Hey Pat:
    Whatcha doin? I just came home from Christmas shopping.....traffic and people suck!!!! Keep posting on this thread cause sooner or later we're going to get the word........ :)

Good to see you here
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    3 more, actually 2 more posts and you can be #5500....
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    You logged off, so I'm gonna take it....

Play the south dammit! :)
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    Here I go....

5500 posts, so PJ - Please pay attention and give us some shows!

We love YOU!!
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau