***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    weenie wrote:
    Here I go....

5500 posts, so PJ - Please pay attention and give us some shows!

We love YOU!!

you beat me to it jerkface, and oh yea the Greenville 98 show was general admission on the floor, man that was a great show!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    between party bump
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Back from the Christmas Bird Count @ Wheeler National Wildlife Refuge bump

Left the Phoenix House (that's what we call our home) at 4:00 am to be at Wheeler just before the sun began rising.........counted birds until dark, went to the compilation and drove home. It was a good day in the field.....thousands of ducks, hundreds of Sandhill Cranes and a large number of Snow Geese. I did miss out on sighting the Tundra Swam who is currently visiting the refuge....would have been a life-bird for me. There's always another day...

Pearl Jam
    The South
    The birds love to visit, why don't you
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    T E X A S 2007
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
    The South 2007

Congrats....folks for passing the 5500 post mark....Let's keep up the great work.

Pearl Jam
    The South
    It would be great work!
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Hey Tybird:
    Sounds like the CBC was awesome. I used to be a birder when I lived in Seattle - birds out there are the size of turkeys! Just kidding, but they are HUGE and the differentiation in species in the West is really interesting when all you've lived on were Eastern birds all your life ( like I had ). The grackles are as big as cats and I used to fear for my kitty's life when she was in our backyard. We often had groups of birds land in our back yard for food and water on their way South again near Winter's end. It was a great time in my life.

Anyway, glad to see you enjoying the birds so much. Get out to the great NW sometime if you can. Their version of the Blue Jay is absolutely beautiful.
    weenie
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    weenie wrote:
    Hey Tybird:
    Sounds like the CBC was awesome. I used to be a birder when I lived in Seattle - birds out there are the size of turkeys! Just kidding, but they are HUGE and the differentiation in species in the West is really interesting when all you've lived on were Eastern birds all your life ( like I had ). The grackles are as big as cats and I used to fear for my kitty's life when she was in our backyard. We often had groups of birds land in our back yard for food and water on their way South again near Winter's end. It was a great time in my life.

Anyway, glad to see you enjoying the birds so much. Get out to the great NW sometime if you can. Their version of the Blue Jay is absolutely beautiful.
    weenie
    It was an awesome day.....maybe not as good as last year's CBC at Wheeler (lead the nation in a couple of species including Cedar Waxwings).....due to the drought conditions this summer, a lot of the areas are traditionally wet this time of year are still dry or above water.

The Birmingham CBC is next Saturday, and we will host the compilation at our house.

We are planning to travel in the west next summer...........Alaska is the main target right now.

Pearl Jam
    The South
    because
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Lots of bird lovers in here. Saw something over Thanksgiving at my parents house in NE North Carolina that I have never seen around there before. A bald eagle. Was riding with my dad and looked up ahead and saw a great big bird flying off across the field with what appeard to be the remains of a possum or some other roadkill. Recognized what it was as soon as I saw the white head.

Judging by peoples ages here, I would say we are a very mature South. I'm 33.

PJ
    South
    RSVP
    Brian
    NCBRI wrote:
    Lots of bird lovers in here. Saw something over Thanksgiving at my parents house in NE North Carolina that I have never seen around there before. A bald eagle. Was riding with my dad and looked up ahead and saw a great big bird flying off across the field with what appeard to be the remains of a possum or some other roadkill. Recognized what it was as soon as I saw the white head.

Judging by peoples ages here, I would say we are a very mature South. I'm 33.

PJ
    South
    RSVP

The Bald Eagle could actually be removed from the Endangered Species List due to its booming population.........the numbers are way up in the lower 48. It is fairly common to see nesting Bald Eagles in several locations in Alabama.

PJ
    South
    We love nature
    I had to duck on today's early AM doggie walk to avoid being hit by 3 pairs of cardinals. Rather common but always a delight to see.

Sounds like a great outdoor day for all the South.

Gonna go listen to Benaroya.

Bump.

A lovely Sunday evening bump

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Unbeatable combo
  • Bump for the South because my christmas shopping is finally done! PLAY THE SOUTH! Pearl Jam 07'= best late xmas gift ever!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
    Goodnite bump.

Page three rescue...........seems there is a lot of hate showing up for our cause on the ole' board....I am so glad that some people have such open hearts and open minds. :rolleyes:

PJ
    South
    tybird wrote:
    It was an awesome day.....maybe not as good as last year's CBC at Wheeler (lead the nation in a couple of species including Cedar Waxwings).....due to the drought conditions this summer, a lot of the areas are traditionally wet this time of year are still dry or above water.

The Birmingham CBC is next Saturday, and we will host the compilation at our house.

We are planning to travel in the west next summer...........Alaska is the main target right now.

Pearl Jam
    The South
    because

Geez, I bet the birds in Alaska are as large as small dogs!! :) Sounds like you guys had a very successful weekend and are headed towards another. Hope the birds are in a cooperative mood and the weather's good!

Oh, and by the way....

Bump for the South!
    We NEED some live PJ...
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    tybird wrote:
    The Bald Eagle could actually be removed from the Endangered Species List due to its booming population.........the numbers are way up in the lower 48. It is fairly common to see nesting Bald Eagles in several locations in Alabama.

PJ
    South
    We love nature

Ooh.... Bald Eagles.....

Where I worked in Ft. Myers (actually Bonita Springs) there was a nest I could see outside my window in a large stand of Cypress/Pine trees. When Pop Bald Eage took flight, he looked like a friggin airplane coming in for a landing. It was one of the best areas I've ever lived in for birds - obviously the waders were abundant, but falcons, hawks, eagles, owls were too. Close to the Everglades - absolutely beautiful area. Too bad all the retirees and their million $ condos have to muck up the place.

Bump for the South...... '07
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    tybird wrote:
    Page three rescue...........seems there is a lot of hate showing up for our cause on the ole' board....I am so glad that some people have such open hearts and open minds. :rolleyes:

PJ
    South

Good day today... there is ony one hate thread on the front page right now... but the tone seems to be that they do have some respect this thread and this thread only, - it's all those other smaller threads that pop up (which is true - they are unnecessary)

but if we can keep the hate and immaturity in those other threads, far out!

weenie wrote:
    Ooh.... Bald Eagles.....

Where I worked in Ft. Myers (actually Bonita Springs) there was a nest I could see outside my window in a large stand of Cypress/Pine trees. When Pop Bald Eage took flight, he looked like a friggin airplane coming in for a landing. It was one of the best areas I've ever lived in for birds - obviously the waders were abundant, but falcons, hawks, eagles, owls were too. Close to the Everglades - absolutely beautiful area. Too bad all the retirees and their million $ condos have to muck up the place.

We have the wildlife refuge attached to the Kennedy space center which is chock full of all birds, eagles etc. But the most wonderful sight I ever saw was 20+ years ago in upper NY state where we watched 6 golden eagles just flying and playing on a small hill next to a river. We watched for about 10 minutes. We wondered if they had just been released to the wild (they looked young) they just seemed to be gliding and cavorting about.
    - And, we were on our way to our wedding!

weenie wrote:
    Ooh.... Bald Eagles.....

I have never gotten to bird that far south in Florida, but it would be super if I got the chance..............Crested Carcara, Snail Kites, Purple Gallinule are just a few of the gems that one could see in that region.

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Come for the birding
    SPALMA wrote:
    We have the wildlife refuge attached to the Kennedy space center which is chock full of all birds, eagles etc. But the most wonderful sight I ever saw was 20+ years ago in upper NY state where we watched 6 golden eagles just flying and playing on a small hill next to a river. We watched for about 10 minutes. We wondered if they had just been released to the wild (they looked young) they just seemed to be gliding and cavorting about.
    - And, we were on our way to our wedding!

Wow - I would have taken that as an omen. What a great way to start off a wedding day! I'd never forget that one either.
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    tybird wrote:
    I have never gotten to bird that far south in Florida, but it would be super if I got the chance..............Crested Carcara, Snail Kites, Purple Gallinule are just a few of the gems that one could see in that region.

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Come for the birding

I hope you get to go! If you do, head to the west coast to a place way south called "Flamingo". It's close to the Everglades and to the Gulf and one of the few places left in Florida that has abundant wildlife of all kinds. Don't wait too long though.

I'm really hoping that the re-establishment of the natural flow of water down from Lake Okeechobee will reinvigorate the Everglades and its wildlife back to their former grandeur. It's a very different area and I think you'd love birding there. But watch out for those gators if you get to go - those suckers are SCARY!!! And they aren't afraid of us......
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    I keep checking everyday.Please Pearl Jam Play the south.I had a great idea.You can order M and M's with anything you want written on them."Please play the south" would be cool.I wonder if any of the guys like M and M's?
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    weenie wrote:
    I hope you get to go! If you do, head to the west coast to a place way south called "Flamingo". It's close to the Everglades and to the Gulf and one of the few places left in Florida that has abundant wildlife of all kinds. Don't wait too long though.

I'm really hoping that the re-establishment of the natural flow of water down from Lake Okeechobee will reinvigorate the Everglades and its wildlife back to their former grandeur. It's a very different area and I think you'd love birding there. But watch out for those gators if you get to go - those suckers are SCARY!!! And they aren't afraid of us......
    Probably going to St. Marks in the panhandle at the end of January.....The Alabama Ornithological Society is holding its winter there.....one day soon I hope to see the southern end of the state.

Pearl Jam
    The South
    We miss you already.........
    Bump this baby back up to the top, just so they don't forget us.

Keep the faith guys...we'll see some shows in 07
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
    yield2me wrote:
    Keep the faith guys...we'll see some shows in 07
    We're keeping the faith...........

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Home of the Faithful
    Texas 2007
    stoneg wrote:
    I keep checking everyday.Please Pearl Jam Play the south.I had a great idea.You can order M and M's with anything you want written on them."Please please the south" would be cool.I wonder if any of the guys like M and M's?

You mean there are people out there who don't like M&M's. I think a little part of me just died.

PS: Thats a "sweet" idea!

PJ
    South
    Brian
    For those who haven't seen this yet. There is a thread that talks about PJ doing a cover of The Who's "Love Reign Over Me" for a movie soundtrack, news on a 3 disc DVD chronicling the Not For You Tour and a quote from PJ management that says "they will pop up here and there” when asked about touring in 2007.

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=226762
    http://forum.bigdayout.com/viewtopic.php?t=43062

PJ
    South
    Brian
    Pearl Jam
    The South
    We are here and we can be there