***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• I live in Greenville,SC and I would love to see them play the Peace Center here.
    But, Ill take anything withing 3 hours from here.
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    tybird wrote:
    Boy Bands????

Pearl Jam
    The South
    We could all use it

Yeah, that's what I call those bands that all sound alike that get so much radio play. My niece wants me to go see Breaking Benjamin and some other band like that in Orlando in March. They're okay, but I get tired of all the songs they play that sound like so many other songs by other bands that are on the radio right now. (That probably doesn't make much sense - but that's how I feel about the state of most of the music that's out there right now)

It'll be fun, don't get me wrong.....I'm just pouting because I'm going all the way down there and it's not PJ. Although, I'd be happy to make a weekend of it! TD Waterhouse Arena is HUGE and if PJ were to play Orlando, it could be a possible venue for them.

Guess I shouldn't gripe. Live music is good.....
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • SPALMA wrote:
    Good to see Gardenlover... the originator of this thread.

G'nite bump.

was always here my friend just a lot on my plate and yes i have been a little pissed at the fellas-have not been listening to them much lately, but i hope i will come back around and hope they(PJ) will come back around. hope everyone is doing well out there.

"Oh look, yet another Christmas TV special! How touching to have the meaning of Christmas brought to us by cola, fast food, and beer.... Who'd have ever guessed that product consumption, popular entertainment, and spirituality would mix so harmoniously? "~Bill Watterson, Calvin & Hobbes
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
    By the way, have you noticed how they're limiting the number of pages of posts lately to between 1 - 5 most nights? Wonder what that's about.....
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Yeah, Im still beggin'! Please come South! I should clarify, southern U.S. We miss and love you!!! Pearl Jam south U.S. 07"
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Inside Jam wrote:
    I live in Greenville,SC and I would love to see them play the Peace Center here.
    But, Ill take anything withing 3 hours from here.
    Thank you for your support and welcome aboard.

Pearl Jam
    The South
    We can still dream
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    weenie wrote:
    Yeah, that's what I call those bands that all sound alike that get so much radio play. My niece wants me to go see Breaking Benjamin and some other band like that in Orlando in March. They're okay, but I get tired of all the songs they play that sound like so many other songs by other bands that are on the radio right now. (That probably doesn't make much sense - but that's how I feel about the state of most of the music that's out there right now)

It'll be fun, don't get me wrong.....I'm just pouting because I'm going all the way down there and it's not PJ. Although, I'd be happy to make a weekend of it! TD Waterhouse Arena is HUGE and if PJ were to play Orlando, it could be a possible venue for them.

Guess I shouldn't gripe. Live music is good.....
    Bumping to the top.You might have your PJ March wish if everything goes the way it sounds like it will.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    I am SO HOPING you are right. Know you are too ;)
    All we need is an announcement from 10C and it'll be the best Christmas ever!!
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • Hey, what if they play TWO legs in the south. Or double shows in every town! lol... ok, I'll settle for a backyard BBQ at my house! C'mon!

With babies on the way, as much as I want to see PJ....stay home with the kids. They're only babies once. We'll always be here waiting.
    Good morning bump
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    lunch time bump
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    after lunch bump

After a bit of Christmas shopping bump

Pearl Jam
    The South
    It would be a gift to all
  • Gainesville, Florida would explode if PJ came around here.
    Gainesville, Florida would explode if PJ came around here.

Wouldn't that be something? My son goes to UF - we would move right in for the night.

PJ was my son's first concert when he was 12 (we made him go!)

Psst........we have quietly passed 5300 posts on this thread. Let's go for 5400!

Pearl Jam
    The South
    More than numbers
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    bored at work dreaming about a Dallas show bump!!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • SchmaktSchmakt Posts: 207
    The thing is... the guys are actually moving to South Carolina this winter. There will be PLENTY of shows in the south after that!

*sigh*...

:)
    2003-04-15: Raleigh, NC
    2003-04-16: Charlotte, NC
    2004-10-06: Asheville, NC
    2006-05-30: Washington, DC
    2006-08-29: Arnhem, The Netherlands
    2006-12-02: Honolulu, Hawaii
    2012-06-26: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    2012-09-22: Atlanta, GA
    2013-10-30: Charlotte, NC
    2014-01-19: Gold Coast, Australia
    2014-06-28: Stockholm, Sweden
    2014-06-29: Oslo, Norway
    2016-04-18: Hampton, VA
    2016-04-20: Raleigh, NC
    2016-04-21: Columbia, SC
    2018-07-01: Prague, Czech Republic
    2018-07-03: Krakow, Poland
    2018-09-04: Boston, MA
    2020-07-15: Budapest, Hungary
    2020-07-17: Zurich, Switzerland
    2023-09-19: Austin, TX
    In the Evening bump

PJ
    South
    '07
    a good evening bump.Hoping for the Macrh shows to be annouced soon!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Still bumping....because I do love them Pearl Jam shows
    Whatever happened to the Italian dvd???

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Join us
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    tybird wrote:
    In the Evening bump

PJ
    South
    '07

Led Zeppelin rocks bump. And so does Pearl Jam...
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Led Zeppelin rocks bump. And so does Pearl Jam...
    Yes, I did steal a certain song title for that post........thanks for noticing.

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Land of surprises
    bump for the South in '07!!! :D

♪ Juli ♪
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    bump for the South in '07!!! :D
    There's an echo in here.............here......................here......

Bump for the South in "07!!!

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Rock on
  • Florida 07! Can we get a little hint? please? Well anyway Im still faithful here in Florida
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
    Still FAITHFUL here in Fla. as well :D

Let's hope these are echoes EVERYONE hears... ;)

the south...the south...the soooouuuuth....

♪ Juli ♪
  • come back.....come back.......come back...... :)
    back to the top.page 3 save.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    holleroxx wrote:
    come back.....come back.......come back...... :)
    Please...........please..............please.............please........:D