J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Another Tuesday A.M. bump
    probably going back to the Doc today
    Sinus infection still fighting me

Pearl Jam
    The South
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    tybird wrote:
    Another Tuesday A.M. bump
    probably going back to the Doc today
    Sinus infection still fighting me

Pearl Jam
    The South

Hope you feel better. bump for those of us on medication.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"

SPALMA wrote:
    Hope you feel better. bump for those of us on medication.
    Bumpin' for those of us on more medication!!!!
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    bump for the south and florida 2007 shows!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    T E X A S 2007
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Play the south, I'd drive a few thousand miles to see "ya'll" again!!!
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
    TheGossman wrote:
    well I just heard from the radio station, guys name is Carter and seemed pretty excited about it, all he said is that nothing is confirmed, thats its a rumor right now, but as soon as he gets word he will notify me. So everyone keep your fingers crossed. I for one really think its happening. See all you southerns in 07!

Just heard him on the radio again...About 30 minutes ago he said that it is yet unconfirmed, but that Pearl Jam may be playing in Orlando in "March-April" of this year. He also said that they will probably play the O-rena as they couldn't see them paying anything smaller.

Last tour O-rock did a HOB show in Orlando.

They also said something similar about November 2006 but later said that PJ backed out of it. (postponed to the Spring).

I'm a believer :)

(and on my way to the doctor)

• Bump in honor of having found Tybird's perfect Christmas present!
    The Daystar

"But --you say that Dreams have no power here? Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar...Ask yourselves, all of you...What power would hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to Dream of Heaven?" Dream speaking to Lucifer as written by Neil Gaiman.
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    I heard a live version of Alive on the radio today which followed the always amazing I Got Shit in a tasty double shot on "You Fer Tuesday". Its the only day of the week I will listen to the local rock station anymore because they actually play requests, ie what songs the listeners want to hear as opposed to the same old classic hits that we supposedly want to hear.

PJ
    South
    Brian
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    SPALMA wrote:
    Just heard him on the radio again...About 30 minutes ago he said that it is yet unconfirmed, but that Pearl Jam may be playing in Orlando in "March-April" of this year. He also said that they will probably play the O-rena as they couldn't see them paying anything smaller.

Last tour O-rock did a HOB show in Orlando.

They also said something similar about November 2006 but later said that PJ backed out of it. (postponed to the Spring).

I'm a believer :)

(and on my way to the doctor)

Works for me! If SPALMA heard it, I'll believe it....unlike some of the crap that exists elsewhere on this board. Thanks for the encouraging words!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    This second helping is for what appears to be a completely medicated South.
    I Wanna Be Sedated too, just not viral!

PJ
    South
    Brian
  • Haven't heard any radio rumors in the Tampa Bay area but I still have some faith. I really hope they get the desire to tour some more once they have rested up. I'll be waiting! Play the south!!! Pearl Jam 07'
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    NCBRI wrote:
    I heard a live version of Alive on the radio today which followed the always amazing I Got Shit in a tasty double shot on "You Fer Tuesday". Its the only day of the week I will listen to the local rock station anymore because they actually play requests, ie what songs the listeners want to hear as opposed to the same old classic hits that we supposedly want to hear.

PJ
    South

unless its daughter its not played in Houston...needless to say...no radio at all for me.....well except NPR (-:

SOOOOOOO fellas...PJ we need to hear you ..PLEASE...I know lots of freakin filthy rich Yankees will come down to fill up the venues...garanteed...okay yes take three or four months off.....get refreshed...then 3 shows in Texas...and of course then do the rest of the south...like Chapel Hill NC.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    NCBRI wrote:
    This second helping is for what appears to be a completely medicated South.
    I Wanna Be Sedated too, just not viral!

PJ
    South
    Yes, completely medicated...........try getting a prescription filled in this town tonight...egads! Thank God for samples!
  • Austin Tx.
    W. Palm Beach-1 08/00, Seattle Groundwork 10/01, Seattle 1&2 12/02,
    San Antonio 04/03, Raleigh 04/03, Dallas 06/03, Gorge 09/05, Vancouver 09/05, LA II 07/06, Tampa 06/08, Chicago II 08/09, ACL 10/09, Vedder solo 1&2 10/12, Dallas 11/13, ACL 10/14 1&2, OKC 2022, ATX 9/23 1&2
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    PJ in the south 2007.Get Ready.Here we go.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    Another day, another bump

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Bring the love
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    they are coming!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
    daystar143 wrote:
    Bump in honor of having found Tybird's perfect Christmas present!
    Don't I have the best wife............like ever??

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Land of the Best wives
    Bump, hump day.

• tybird wrote:
    Yes, completely medicated...........try getting a prescription filled in this town tonight...egads! Thank God for samples!

As partner in the hunt for the ever elusive cough syrup (damn..how hard can it be to get some codiene in this town), I can attest that it may be easier to get PJ down here than to get one lousy 'script filled!

Orlando would be nice, but this time, WE'RE FLYING (and no 17 year olds with us!)
    The Daystar

"But --you say that Dreams have no power here? Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar...Ask yourselves, all of you...What power would hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to Dream of Heaven?" Dream speaking to Lucifer as written by Neil Gaiman.
    daystar143 wrote:
    As partner in the hunt for the ever elusive cough syrup (damn..how hard can it be to get some codiene in this town), I can attest that it may be easier to get PJ down here than to get one lousy 'script filled!

Orlando would be nice, but this time, WE'RE FLYING (and no 17 year olds with us!)
    Three prescriptions......three different Walgreens' locations.........two days....my physical nightmare might be at an end........finally.
    tybird wrote:
    Three prescriptions......three different Walgreens' locations.........two days....my physical nightmare might be at an end........finally.

Your prescription search sounds as thorough as the Bama coaching search. The rumors that Jim Grobe is one of the top candidates has Wake Forest pretty worried. He is a hell of a coach!

PJ
    South
    Brian
    callen wrote:
    unless its daughter its not played in Houston...needless to say...no radio at all for me.....well except NPR (-:

SOOOOOOO fellas...PJ we need to hear you ..PLEASE...I know lots of freakin filthy rich Yankees will come down to fill up the venues...garanteed...okay yes take three or four months off.....get refreshed...then 3 shows in Texas...and of course then do the rest of the south...like Chapel Hill NC.

Chapel Hill, I like the sounds of that! The parking would suck. The traffic would suck. The locals would complain. But once you show them PJ's liberal resume, they would would start rolling out the red, I mean blue carpet.
    Brian
    NCBRI wrote:
    Your prescription search sounds as thorough as the Bama coaching search. The rumors that Jim Grobe is one of the top candidates has Wake Forest pretty worried. He is a hell of a coach!

PJ
    South
    You might be a candidate for the job, if you're interested........

Pearl Jam
    The South
    More than Football
  • yes more than football.......ACC BASKETBALL BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    woohooo GO HEELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a by the way bump
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
    Good to see Gardenlover... the originator of this thread.

G'nite bump.

• weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Big fat bummer that football is almost over....gotta have SOMETHING to look forward to in the new year besides a road trip to Orlando to hear some "boy bands".

PJ PLEASE PLAY THE SOUTH!!!!
    And 10 CLUB - PLEASE ANNOUNCE SOMETHING soon~~~~~~~~~~
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    weenie wrote:
    Big fat bummer that football is almost over....gotta have SOMETHING to look forward to in the new year besides a road trip to Orlando to hear some "boy bands".

PJ PLEASE PLAY THE SOUTH!!!!
    And 10 CLUB - PLEASE ANNOUNCE SOMETHING soon~~~~~~~~~~
    Boy Bands????

Pearl Jam
    The South
    We could all use it