***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Back to back bump to save from second page.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    unofficial sticky slam back to the top bump

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
    Working it back to the front on a lovely fall evening in the South

The South
    You can make it happen
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    stoneg wrote:
    I think we will hear something in Jan.

Yeah...........SILENCE.
    Brian
    Georgia Peach?

Florida Citris?

Louisana Gumbo?

Alabama BBQ?

Texas BBQ?

Play the South

It doesn't get much better than North Carolina BBQ.
    Brian
    Making up for my absence as of late with 3 straight posts.

PJ
    The South
    Brian
  • holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Please please please. I cat think of much else to say right now, I need a show
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    saving thread from the evil of page 2.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    Bumpin' in the A.M.
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    lunch time bump... think I'l have some chuckles.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    Happy freakin' Halloween bump.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    NCBRI wrote:
    Yeah...........SILENCE.
    rotflmao!
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
    Happy Halloween, you Southern ghosts and ghouls.............a lot of haunted places here in the South.
  • will this thread ever be seriously taken into consiteration by the pj tour planners?

or are we just wasting time? what's the number of post going to prove? tour gods can just look at it and say, half these people have posted here more than once. so the numbers are a moot point.

as that as it may........ BUMP
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

Not much action on this thread since yesterday. Wow! Not even a single mention of the storied "Two for Tuesday" tradition. Guess the All Hallows Eve Festivities have put a damper on things. I just got back from trick or treating with my friend's kids. We took them around a huge rich neighborhood. Man those kids made out like bandits. Wish I was that lucky when I was a kid.
    Brian
    PJ
    The South
    Brian
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Yeah, I've been away too. Think I do a twofer.......

PLAY THE SOUTH!!!!

Please
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    It's November already...... Ya think we'd heard SOMETHING about the South by now................ one way or the other.

PLAY THE SOUTH DAMMIT - WE ARE HURTIN
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    Another Halloween bump............
    .............missed "Two for Tuesday". I was out birding all day down in one of the "Black Belt" counties of Alabama.
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Another page 2 save.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    Good Morning, y'all...........have a great day.

The South
    Why not?
  • Movin this info to the last page for all to see.....

This little movement seems to have grown some legs of its own....

The *** Official Plant a Tree, Play the South*** petition has been merged with this thread.

Im going to keep posting this until we get lots more people on board.

We are hoping to get the attention of the band and do something great for the enviroment at the same time. What we would like to do is plant as many trees as possible in order to offset the "Carbon Footprint" (see Activism) of PJ'S tour when they come southward (and I know they will!)

Below are some suggested links to foundations that will plant trees for small donations. They will even send you a certificate indicating that the trees have been planted and where they were planted. For as little as 10 bucks, only half the cost of your 10c membership, you can get 10 trees planted in honor of PJ's Southern Tour leg in 2007.

My 10 trees are planted and they should be photosynthesising as we speak. Once my certificate arrives, it will be forwarded to the 10c.

Folks, its entirely possible, with a little help we could get litterally thousands of trees planted with this little "Southern Homegrown Movement".

The steps are simple:

1) Pick a foundation from the links below (or any other that you like), or just visit your local home improvement
    megastore.

2) Purchase your trees. (stealing your neighbor's trees and re-planting them is NOT recommended :D.)

3) Have your certificate, if applicable, filled out to indicate that these trees were planted in honor of Pearl Jam's Southern US Tour in 2007.

Or, if you plant a tree at your house, just snap a picture.

4) Send your certificate, printed email receipt or photo to the 10c at the below address.

** SNAIL MAIL IS THE OPTIMAL ATTENTION GETTING METHOD.**
    on the outside of your envelope please write:
    "Trees for Pearl Jam Movement"

It's that easy!

Let's really get the band's attention in a positive way instead of just bitchin and moaning!:)

Re-Forestation Links:

http://www.arborday.org/join/TICTIM/index.cfm

http://www.americanforeststore.org/

http://www.saveourhemlocks.org/

And the 10c address to mail in that certificate or photo:

Pearl Jam
    PO Box 4570
    Seattle, WA
    98194-0570

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL WHO HAVE OFFERED A BOATLOAD OF AWESOME SUGGESTIONS AND HELPFUL LINKS AND THANKS FOR BEING ALL AROUND COOL PEOPLE! :D

LET'S MAKE THIS WORK! GO PLANT A TREE!

Facts From the Arbor Day Foundation Site:

Over the course of 50 years, a single tree can generate $31,250 of oxygen, provide $62,000 worth of air pollution control, recycle $37,500 worth of water, and control $31,500 worth of soil erosion.
    __ __ ____ ___ ___ _____ ___ _____ ___ ___ ___ __ __ ___

So, based on the list we have so far (if youve planted a tree or ten, please add your name to the list that's circulating):

We will have generated $ 4,687,500.00 worth of oxygen, provided $9,300,000.00 worth of air polution control, recycled $5,625,000.00 worth of water and controlled $4,725,000.00 worth of soil erosion!!! :D

How about those numbers boys and girls...all from 15 people planting 10 trees each for a grand total of only $150 !!

So, let me reitterate my point again in another way...for only $10...1/2 the cost of your 10c membership, 1/3 the cost of a tour poster (about 1/10 if you go and flip it on eBay) or the roughly the cost of 9 Wendy's Bacon Jr. Cheesburgers (plus tax)... you can help out a great cause and get PJ's attention in an environmentally friendly way....

Help us offset the "Carbon Footprint" (see Activism header on 10c website) of PJ's tour, (and hopefully grab enough of their attention that they will add the South to their 2007 tour itenerary), by coughing up measly 10 bucks on your next payday (you're only gonna blow it on booze and smokes anyway)..... visit one of the suggested websites today and......

PLANT A FEW TREES so PJ will PLAY THE SOUTH!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
    - Benjamin Franklin

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.
    -Will Rogers

Then I got an email from Bill Gates and he confirmed also. so it must be true. He then said he'd give me $5000 if I told 10 friends and they each told 10 friends. Then we'll all be flown to Disneyland.

Oh one other thing... you have to promise to also look for little Stevie Grglick... he's an 8 year old boy who is lost and also has a strange disease which he got at the New Jersey II show. If we find him then he'll be able to tell us the entire 07 tour schedule.

Finally... if you fold a $100 bill a certain way it reads "BOSTONLOU & PJ - 01/07" ... amazing!!

So excited for the show!!

And since you read this here... it's ALL true!!

UPDATE:
    bostonlou wrote:
    ok... let me try to catch up here... i knew I should of stuck around for the Q&A after the big announcement

so... in order

there will be a boot... and it will be shipped in a pair of limited edition doc martens ... one of my cats will be puking in your boots... thus making the boot and booted in boots... highly collectible

my house is south(west) of boston... so this is technically a southern show

there will be 10 artists doing a poster for each of the dates ... they will be sold 1 at a time on a yet to be determined website and then will be shipped out 4 years after the show... and all the tubes will be marked EBAY

no dvd but there will be a beta

bostonlou's house is not a ticketmaster facility... sales will be through myspace

every single song ever will be played... i own a shotgun and will ensure this is the case

i haven't mentioned it to my wife... i was hoping she wouldn't notice

PayPal is accepted but you must also send me cash to cover all PayPal fees

t-shirts will not shrink... and there will be crack heads selling them in my drive way ... then after the show I'll confiscate all the t-shirts from them... this was fun when i saw it in camden

matt will be there...

ashton and demi and bruce are the openers... but they won't be singing... it will be a 3 way sex show

all scalpers will be shot

"if you grab a gatorade then everyone will want one" (thanks for the giggle civ)

former workers will be allowed free admission... for a fee

you cannot use the work yankee... even if you're from the south south... you'll be treated like a scalper

Sox fans will have a special section with Theo

there will be a ticket package... KY Jelly is the sponsor... keep an eye out for more details soon

beer and pretzels are welcome

this is so exciting

I'm working on follow up dates for a Southern show at either Dangerboy's house or Tybird's...
    more to follow...

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
    - Benjamin Franklin

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.
    -Will Rogers
    more to follow...
    I'm sure that my neighbors would love that!!!! BTW like Bostonlou, we own firearms, thus every song will be played at any concert here. :D
    second page rescue mission..................BUMP
    Got a lunchtime today, think I'll take up some space on this thread called "Petition to Play the South". I didn't know that the Internet could use invisible ink, and almost 5,000 times in a row!

(may as well be....)
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    Rescue of the invisible ink thread.........

Play the South........please?
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    Come To Texas.........we Love You!!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • The furthest south they play is DC.
    Leave your lady on the cement floor.

"You boo us, you call us pussies, and still we come back." EV NJ1 2006

2008 MSG 2
    2006 NJ 1, NJ 2
    2003 MSG 1