***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    holy unofficial sticky middle of page two resuce bump, batman!

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • We should be keeping track of exactly how many different people have posted, which is currently:

568 people have signed this petition so far as of today!!....(random fact).
    We're all different behind the eyes.

You are U, who you are.
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    we need more people! Come on... we cant sell out southern shows with only 5 hundy :D

keep a' postin
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Sunday morning bump for the South

Pearl Jam
    The South
    Would'nt it be nice....
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Gotta happen!
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    PJ
    The South

Pull the lever
    Touch the screen
    Connect the dots
    Check the box

Whatever it takes. Just don't leave your chads hanging. (Im talking to you Florida!)
    Brian
    Pearl Jam
    The South
    Make a difference
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    PJ
    The South
    No Fan Left Behind
    Brian
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    Just getting back home bump. Spent the weekend hiking Mt. Cheaha, Alabama's highest point. It was great. Hiked Secton 7 of the Pinhoti Trail, Indian for turkey, and saw millions of trees and stunning views. How could you not come to the South?
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I don't usually post in threads like this (or in any threads in general, really), but since I just had a dream the other night in which I met the band and Ed said they would be in the south in the summer of '07, I chose to do what little I can to make my dreams reality.

Come to the South, please. I'll go to as many shows as possible.
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    saving from page 3.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • NCBRI wrote:
    PJ
    The South

Pull the lever
    Touch the screen
    Connect the dots
    Check the box

Whatever it takes. Just don't leave your chads hanging. (Im talking to you Florida!)

I just want to state, that I am fully capable of pushing a dot of paper completely off a larger peice of paper. Why everyone else isn't...I have not a clue
    even though it doesnt need it....

heres my early monday morning bump! Come on pearl jam, what other part of the united states can you go to the beach on christmas?!

exactly;)
  • HOB Myrtle Beach
    or anywhere in a 600 mile radius.
    Thanks!
  • I don't care where, as long as I can make the drive in under 5 hours! Please, Please, Please
    COME BACK
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    The South.

Florida.

West Palm Beach 2-nighter.

:d:):d Pleeeaaaaseeeeeee!!!!!!!! :d:):d
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • even though it doesnt need it....

heres my early monday morning bump! Come on pearl jam, what other part of the united states can you go to the beach on christmas?!

exactly;)
    Yes! Yes!!
    The South
    Pearl Jam
    It would rock everybody's world.
    Heard this song for the first time today at work. Seems like just as good a place as any to post the lyrics:

Southern Girl
    by Better Than Ezra

There she is.
    White light,
    descending like the color of rain.
    July or fall,
    one thing will never change.
    Down and out,
    you found this city has you on your back.
    You long for her to take you away.
    And I...

[CHORUS:]
    I want a Southern Girl, I need a Southern Girl.
    Well, I want a Southern Girl.
    Hey, yes, I want a Southern Girl and I need a Southern Girl.
    And I want a Southern Girl.

Scent of pine drifting by.
    Her hand traces lazy on your neck.
    Sunlight through the trees
    recalls a better time.
    Kids and dogs running by,
    She smiles as she drinks ice tea,
    Retire to the room, it's easy to see.

Take back the night, claim your desire.
    Run 'til you crawl.
    In the morning you will find her there.

I want a Southern Girl
    Brian
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Please play the South- we will rock our asses off like you won't believe! :D
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Please!!!
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
    I guess nobody has caught this...

A GLEAM OF FUCKING HOPE!!!!!

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i was so excited when i read this

(from another forum on here)

Stone Has Given the South HOPE!!

So this is what i read on pj's message pit today

my sister and I walked down to this little mom and pap breakfast joint earlier. there weren't many people inside. maybe 8 people. So i see a couple guys walk in out of the corner of my eye. I nonchalantly glanced over. Then i did a double take. it was stone. :shock:

He was with another guy i recognized. One of the crew guys. later i found out it was smitty. they were just a few tables away and figured i would just say "hey stone". I thought about it more and thought i had chance to chat with him, but i didn't want to make a scene inside. plus, i could tell nobody else recognized him. So Lisa and I just went about our usual business. Stone and smitty finisded their meals the same time we did. We walked out a few minutes before them so we waited outside.. just standing around, not making it obvious.

Stone walks out. I let him walk about 10 feet before i approached him

me: hey stone?

(stone turns around, nods, and walks towards me

me: hey, i just wanted to say hi. my name is eugene and this is my sister, lisa. we just flew in for the show tomorrow

(we shake hands)

stone: oh, awesome. where'd ya come from?
    me: florida
    stone: hah, we were actually just talking about florida.
    me: oh yeah?
    stone: yeah, just wondering when we're gonna get down there
    me: haha..yeah, a lot of people have been wondering about that
    stone: yeah (rubs chin)..ya know all of the southern shows don't sell out and the south is just a huge detour. (does some kind of detour motion with his hands) but, we are gonna work something out and get down there
    me: so ya guys excited?
    stone: yeah man, petty. it's been awesome
    stone: are you guys excited?
    me: oh yeah.......hey, mind if we get a quick picture
    stone: yeah, that's cool. let smitty take it

(takes picture)

me: well, it was nice to meet ya. thanks
    stone: you too, enjoy the show
    me: thanks you too

then they walked into a radio station

the picture was taken with my sister's camera and she doesn't have the cord, so i took a picture of the picture with my camera

WOOT!!!!
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623

my sister and I walked down to this little mom and pap breakfast joint earlier. there weren't many people inside. maybe 8 people. So i see a couple guys walk in out of the corner of my eye. I nonchalantly glanced over. Then i did a double take. it was stone. :shock:

He was with another guy i recognized. One of the crew guys. later i found out it was smitty. they were just a few tables away and figured i would just say "hey stone". I thought about it more and thought i had chance to chat with him, but i didn't want to make a scene inside. plus, i could tell nobody else recognized him. So Lisa and I just went about our usual business. Stone and smitty finisded their meals the same time we did. We walked out a few minutes before them so we waited outside.. just standing around, not making it obvious.

me: hey, i just wanted to say hi. my name is eugene and this is my sister, lisa. we just flew in for the show tomorrow

(we shake hands)

stone: yeah (rubs chin)..ya know all of the southern shows don't sell out and the south is just a huge detour. (does some kind of detour motion with his hands) but, we are gonna work something out and get down there

(takes picture)

the picture was taken with my sister's camera and she doesn't have the cord, so i took a picture of the picture with my camera

WOOT!!!!

Thanks Leather Mandi. I just hope this isn't someone's idea of another "joke" for the south....

I haven't given up hope yet, but I don't know whether to believe another one of these stories or not. Thanks for passing it along just the same... :)

I was sort of reading into the email blast the 10C sent out today - they were being careful not to say "end of the tour". Instead they said "end of the tour 2006".

Nothing wrong with being hopeful....

PLAY THE SOUTH!
    Please.....
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    weenie wrote:
    Thanks Leather Mandi. I just hope this isn't someone's idea of another "joke" for the south....

I haven't given up hope yet, but I don't know whether to believe another one of these stories or not. Thanks for passing it along just the same... :)

I was sort of reading into the email blast the 10C sent out today - they were being careful not to say "end of the tour". Instead they said "end of the tour 2006".

Nothing wrong with being hopeful....

PLAY THE SOUTH!
    Please.....

i just figured someone would have spiced it up a bit more (the story that is) if it wasnt true....

could be right though!

but it is a bit of a gleam of hope:)

(we shake hands)

(takes picture)

WOOT!!!!

yeah, we caught it...not all of us maybe, but i've seen it. and honestly, i can't give it that much cred. it's just something somebody posted. i could have written that just as easily. nothing personal, it's just not official. neither was lizard's encounter with mike, really. just not official, that's all. maybe stone and mike were hanging in the bus talking about people asking them about the south, and they just said "let's just tell everybody it's about ticket sales so they'll leave us alone about it". still not official, if you see what i mean....

• weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    dangerboy wrote:
    yeah, we caught it...not all of us maybe, but i've seen it. and honestly, i can't give it that much cred. it's just something somebody posted. i could have written that just as easily. nothing personal, it's just not official. neither was lizard's encounter with mike, really. just not official, that's all. maybe stone and mike were hanging in the bus talking about people asking them about the south, and they just said "let's just tell everybody it's about ticket sales so they'll leave us alone about it". still not official, if you see what i mean....

Thanks, I do appreciate the voice of reason. But I also like reading those little hopeful tidbits - and that's why those jerks keep writing that stuff because of naive people like me!!! I'll never learn, but I'll never give up hope either. I've got the jam fever bad.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    weenie wrote:
    Thanks, I do appreciate the voice of reason. But I also like reading those little hopeful tidbits - and that's why those jerks keep writing that stuff because of naive people like me!!! I'll never learn, but I'll never give up hope either. I've got the jam fever bad.

oh, no, trust me: i'm having a hard time trying to be rational about this stuff and not getting my hopes up and reading too much into things that might not be so much....

on the other hand, i get kinda giddy when the 10c emails me and says something vague like "as an exciting 2006 pearl jam tour seson comes to an end..."

• SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    dangerboy wrote:

on the other hand, i get kinda giddy when the 10c emails me and says something vague like "as an exciting 2006 pearl jam tour seson comes to an end..."

I caught that too... they seem to real careful about their wording... there are rumors of PJ playing a festival in Europe in 2007 (n another thread) , so it sounds like there may be some more performances coming up in 2007... but trying to not hope too much.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • Not giving up yet. Please give us a hint!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    All You Southerners Get Out and VOTE!!!!

And have a nice day!