***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    dangerboy wrote:
    in the last few days, i happened to realize that despite how the presidential election went, north carolina has a democrat governor, and raleigh has a democrat mayor. new york, on the other hand, has a republican governor and nyc has a republican mayor....

is president the only vote they care about?
    I, for one, hope that the governor in Alabama remains in the hands of the Republicans.........the democrats in this state, for the most part, are horrible. The Democratic candidate running against the incumbent Republican governor is career politican who has never stood for anything other than getting elected to the next office.

The South
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • NugNug Posts: 8
    Now do you rednecks understand why they skipped y'all??
    Nug wrote:
    nice.............:rolleyes:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Still waiting and hoping we hear something soon! Just give us a clue!!! STILL faithful in Florida
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Circular rainbows exist in the South too...bump
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Still waiting......
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    A time to go count birds bump............
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    Nug wrote:

Only 4600? This thread has close to 2,000 more posts then the South America thread....A WHOLE CONTINENT! The South is 25% of this country. The Australlia post has over 16,000. Which in case you didn't know is A WHOLE CONTINENT!
    So looking at it like that I say we are kicking some ass.

Now do you understand?
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Nug wrote:
    And I am sure all of you northers will come down to the south when they do play.Right? I guess the south will be OK with you then. Right?
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    Rumor ALert - Another thread has rumors of them playing a festival in Holland in May 2007 - too bad, that's great weather in Florida. But, at least there might be some dates coming up in 2007.

Oh well, weekend bump, can re-watch Iconoclasts and listen to PJ this weekend.

Only 4600? This thread has close to 2,000 more posts then the South America thread....A WHOLE CONTINENT! The South is 25% of this country. The Australlia post has over 16,000. Which in case you didn't know is A WHOLE CONTINENT!
    So looking at it like that I say we are kicking some ass.

Now do you understand?

AND, those other threads (some 46,000+ posts) only have 200-300 contributors whereas, we have 560++

• bump, bump for the south!
    We need Pearl Jam in Atlanta!!! 2006-2007

The dirty south needs a fix.
  • Nug wrote:

i noticed your name is "gun" spelled backwards...remember...keep talking that trash to the "rednecks" ....we got plenty of "nugs" to go around down here! :D

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
    - Benjamin Franklin

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.
    -Will Rogers

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
    - Benjamin Franklin

-Will Rogers

- Benjamin Franklin

-Will Rogers

This little movement seems to have grown some legs of its own....

The *** Official Plant a Tree, Play the South*** petition has been merged with this thread.

Im going to keep posting this until we get lots more people on board.

We are hoping to get the attention of the band and do something great for the enviroment at the same time. What we would like to do is plant as many trees as possible in order to offset the "Carbon Footprint" (see Activism) of PJ'S tour when they come southward (and I know they will!)

Below are some suggested links to foundations that will plant trees for small donations. They will even send you a certificate indicating that the trees have been planted and where they were planted. For as little as 10 bucks, only half the cost of your 10c membership, you can get 10 trees planted in honor of PJ's Southern Tour leg in 2007.

My 10 trees are planted and they should be photosynthesising as we speak. Once my certificate arrives, it will be forwarded to the 10c.

Folks, its entirely possible, with a little help we could get litterally thousands of trees planted with this little "Southern Homegrown Movement".

The steps are simple:

1) Pick a foundation from the links below (or any other that you like), or just visit your local home improvement
    megastore.

2) Purchase your trees. (stealing your neighbor's trees and re-planting them is NOT recommended :D.)

3) Have your certificate, if applicable, filled out to indicate that these trees were planted in honor of Pearl Jam's Southern US Tour in 2007.

Or, if you plant a tree at your house, just snap a picture.

4) Send your certificate, printed email receipt or photo to the 10c at the below address.

** SNAIL MAIL IS THE OPTIMAL ATTENTION GETTING METHOD.**
    on the outside of your envelope please write:
    "Trees for Pearl Jam Movement"

It's that easy!

Let's really get the band's attention in a positive way instead of just bitchin and moaning!:)

Re-Forestation Links:

http://www.arborday.org/join/TICTIM/index.cfm

http://www.americanforeststore.org/

http://www.saveourhemlocks.org/

And the 10c address to mail in that certificate or photo:

Pearl Jam
    PO Box 4570
    Seattle, WA
    98194-0570

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL WHO HAVE OFFERED A BOATLOAD OF AWESOME SUGGESTIONS AND HELPFUL LINKS AND THANKS FOR BEING ALL AROUND COOL PEOPLE! :D

LET'S MAKE THIS WORK! GO PLANT A TREE!

Facts From the Arbor Day Foundation Site:

Over the course of 50 years, a single tree can generate $31,250 of oxygen, provide $62,000 worth of air pollution control, recycle $37,500 worth of water, and control $31,500 worth of soil erosion.
    __ __ ____ ___ ___ _____ ___ _____ ___ ___ ___ __ __ ___

So, based on the list we have so far (if youve planted a tree or ten, please add your name to the list that's circulating):

We will have generated $ 4,687,500.00 worth of oxygen, provided $9,300,000.00 worth of air polution control, recycled $5,625,000.00 worth of water and controlled $4,725,000.00 worth of soil erosion!!! :D

How about those numbers boys and girls...all from 15 people planting 10 trees each for a grand total of only $150 !!

So, let me reitterate my point again in another way...for only $10...1/2 the cost of your 10c membership, 1/3 the cost of a tour poster (about 1/10 if you go and flip it on eBay) or the roughly the cost of 9 Wendy's Bacon Jr. Cheesburgers (plus tax)... you can help out a great cause and get PJ's attention in an environmentally friendly way....

Help us offset the "Carbon Footprint" (see Activism header on 10c website) of PJ's tour, (and hopefully grab enough of their attention that they will add the South to their 2007 tour itenerary), by coughing up measly 10 bucks on your next payday (you're only gonna blow it on booze and smokes anyway)..... visit one of the suggested websites today and......

PLANT A FEW TREES so PJ will PLAY THE SOUTH!

- Benjamin Franklin

-Will Rogers
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    tybird wrote:
    I guess somebody said "Show your class", and he heard "Show your ass."...........:D

And he did a damn fine job didn't he? Lets give the fucker a round of applause, show him some good ole southern hospitality!
    Dollpartz wrote:
    And he did a damn fine job didn't he? Lets give the fucker a round of applause, show him some good ole southern hospitality!
    Can we give him the "Petition Thread Poster of the Month" award or something.

The South.............Halifax.........Alaska..............MSG
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Back - to post again and just in time for the redneck post. Not very original.... Must have a limited vocabulary......

anyway, here's to PJ Playing the South!
    BUMP~~~~
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Nug wrote:

Nug...now do you see why they say ..."don't mess with the south!"?
    we've banned together, we're planting trees, we're being creative in our begging and we're not taking shit from anyone...

PLANT A TREE!...PLAY THE SOUTH!

- Benjamin Franklin

-Will Rogers

PLANT A TREE!...PLAY THE SOUTH!
    I guess you could say that it's a Southern thing.........and he would not understand. :D
  • poor nug...is yer ass sore yet?...thanks for helping along our post #'s though....put some fire in the thread today...this was almost as bad as Bostonlou jumping on a "ghost" over in the "poster" threads...lol....almost.

- Benjamin Franklin

-Will Rogers
    poor nug...is yer ass sore yet?...thanks for helping along our post #'s though....put some fire in the thread today...this was almost as bad as Bostonlou jumping on a "ghost" over in the "poster" threads...lol....almost.
    You should'nt jump on "Ghosts"........that's just not nice saith the Southern Gentleman.

The South.....Halifax.....Alaska.........MSG
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    just felt like a bump, so bump
    It's a nasty day outside.............so let's bump this thread some more.
    getting ready to go home... been a long week... it's the weekend!

Wow.......the weather sure changed.......it's almost a nice day outside.

The South.......please hear our pleas.
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Bump for the South 2007
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
    There are bunch of great places that need some Pearl Jam love in the coming year.......1) The South 2) Halifax 3) Alaska 4) MSG

Go for it............guys.