***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Time to ignore yet another hater who has crawled out from under a rock............More power to our cause!

The South
    We never give up!
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • tybird wrote:
    Time to ignore yet another hater who has crawled out from under a rock............More power to our cause!

The South
    We never give up!
    That's ok ...just don't invite him when they play your backyard....

I'm going ahead and print the t-shirts....i've met w/ brad klausen...he's gonna do the poster (10c will handle orders...special IE ver. tybird.01 required to access goods section)...plus i'll order the pigs...you think 3 will do?...i'll let you know when eddie calls to confirm date....

in the meantime..keep planting those trees!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
    - Benjamin Franklin

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.
    -Will Rogers

As the official hostess of the Casa de Tybird...ya'll be sure and let me know about the concert and cookout. I'll stock the beer and I make one hell of a margarita...heck, we'll even have the hot tub fired up and ready to go! And I'm sure at least one member of the band will love my wine cellar...since I prefer a strong red to anything else! :)

And in a real sign that we're willing to go the distance, we'll even make our daughter clean up the trash pit she calls a room.
    The Daystar

"But --you say that Dreams have no power here? Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar...Ask yourselves, all of you...What power would hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to Dream of Heaven?" Dream speaking to Lucifer as written by Neil Gaiman.
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    PJ
    The South
    Brian
    Still dreaming
    Pearl Jam
    The South
    It can happen.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    tybird wrote:
    Still dreaming
    Pearl Jam
    The South
    It can happen.

dreaming never hurt anyone
    Brian
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    i planted a tree (or trees or other vegetation) to offset my carbon footprint while travelling to see pearl jam play the south, and am sending proof to the ten club in the form of a certificate of gift planting or photo of my planting

barkingdogs
    dangerboy
    behindtheeyes
    BeBe
    Riverrunner
    weenie
    mauichick
    SPALMA
    pathorses
    pickupyourwill
    solat1973
    makingwaves
    NCBRI
    dollpartz
    holleroxx
    stoneg

keep the list going, i mean "growing" unofficial sticky bump

please use the quote function, add your name to the list, and repost!

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • bump for dallas
  • dangerboy wrote:

Awesomeness!!:p
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Daily beggin's for some news on a southern tour. PLEASE!!!!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • The south was snubbed so it seems.
    After seeing all those dates and no south.
    It just hurt.
    6 to 8 dates is all it would have took.
    Go see The Avett Brothers!!
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Bump
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    here is one more closer to 5,000
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • pj10pj10 Posts: 17
    bump for charlotte
    "I will feel alive as long as I am free."
    one more step towards 4800 and onto 5000 posts for this heartfelt thread...

The South
    Pretty please
    with cane sugar on top.
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    The South
    Pretty please
    with orange blossom honey on top.

Bump
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • "I never saw a discontented tree. They grip the ground as though they liked it, and though fast rooted they travel about as far as we do. They go wandering forth in all directions with every wind, going and coming like ourselves, traveling with us around the sun two million miles a day, and through space heaven knows how fast and far!" ~John Muir

bumpin and planted already my 3rd tree for this fall (a great pear tree)

"
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
    SPALMA wrote:
    The South
    Pretty please
    with orange blossom honey on top.

Bump
    Yummmmm........orange blossom honey................swwweeeeeeetttttt.

The South
    Please
    We're not bad people, we're just drawn that way.
    Back to back bumps=a second page rescue mission

The South
    You can make it happen
    "I never saw a discontented tree. They grip the ground as though they liked it, and though fast rooted they travel about as far as we do. They go wandering forth in all directions with every wind, going and coming like ourselves, traveling with us around the sun two million miles a day, and through space heaven knows how fast and far!" ~John Muir

bumpin and planted already my 3rd tree for this fall (a great pear tree)

"

send pictures and a short note!!

i planted a tree (or trees or other vegetation) to offset my carbon footprint while travelling to see pearl jam play the south, and am sending proof to the ten club in the form of a certificate of gift planting or photo of my planting

barkingdogs
    dangerboy
    behindtheeyes
    BeBe
    Riverrunner
    weenie
    mauichick
    SPALMA
    pathorses
    pickupyourwill
    solat1973
    makingwaves
    NCBRI
    dollpartz
    holleroxx
    stoneg
    gardenlover

keep the list going, i mean "growing" unofficial sticky bump

please use the quote function, add your name to the list, and repost!

A pleasant, sunny day in the South......a cool breeze rattling through the trees.

The South
    A great place to visit
    Please come see us in 2007
    Back to back bumps to get this baby off of the second page

The South
    Because we miss you.
  • i would die if they actualy made it back. then i couldnt go!!!
  • Please!!!
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
    The South
    It would be a hoot.
  • NugNug Posts: 8
    Police say a Marshall County Alabama teen raped his mother to get revenge on his brother.

Police say 19-year-old Gary Helms, Jr., raped his 45-year-old mother this past weekend at Willow Terrace Trailer Park on Doyle Drive in Albertville.

It's a twisted crime that police say Helms admits.

"From what we understand the rape stemmed from an argument between him and his brother. And apparently they were arguing over a girlfriend. And the rape was some sort of retaliation towards his brother," said Sgt. Jamie Smith of the Albertville Police Department.

It was unusual retaliation on an unsuspecting victim.

Authorities say Helms' mother was apparently passed out drunk on the couch when the rape started.

"During the attack she did come to and recognize her attacker. (Reporter: As her son?) As her son," said Smith.

That's when, according to the police report, the mother "tried to get away, but he held her down until he was finished."

"It's totally sick is what it is," said Smith.

Helms was arrested and charged with the 1st degree rape of his own mother.

Smith says it's hard to wrap your mind around.

"Shocked, shocked would be more a better way to describe it. That somebody would dip to the lows to do something of this nature. It's just pretty much a shock to the conscience of the general public," said Smith.

Helms is being held in the Marshall County Jail on $100,000 bond.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Nug wrote:
    Police say a Marshall County Alabama teen raped his mother to get revenge on his brother.

Police say 19-year-old Gary Helms, Jr., raped his 45-year-old mother this past weekend at Willow Terrace Trailer Park on Doyle Drive in Albertville.

It's a twisted crime that police say Helms admits.

"From what we understand the rape stemmed from an argument between him and his brother. And apparently they were arguing over a girlfriend. And the rape was some sort of retaliation towards his brother," said Sgt. Jamie Smith of the Albertville Police Department.

It was unusual retaliation on an unsuspecting victim.

Authorities say Helms' mother was apparently passed out drunk on the couch when the rape started.

"During the attack she did come to and recognize her attacker. (Reporter: As her son?) As her son," said Smith.

That's when, according to the police report, the mother "tried to get away, but he held her down until he was finished."

"It's totally sick is what it is," said Smith.

Helms was arrested and charged with the 1st degree rape of his own mother.

Smith says it's hard to wrap your mind around.

"Shocked, shocked would be more a better way to describe it. That somebody would dip to the lows to do something of this nature. It's just pretty much a shock to the conscience of the general public," said Smith.

Helms is being held in the Marshall County Jail on $100,000 bond.

Brought to you by Nug aka Gary Helms, Jr.

Thanks for sharing your disgusting story!
    PJ
    The South
    Nothin Could Be Finer
    Brian
  • STILL faithful in Florida! I will not give up hope Please plat the South!!!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
    unofficial sticky good vibes only bump!!