***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• Yea, I traveled a bit to see them this year and in 2003. Of course, they played Florida in 2003 and 2004 -- so I definitely caught them then. And while traveling is nice, there's nothing like seeing a legendary show with a house key in your pocket. "Come Back" Pearl Jam. Come back.

Be blessed,

Jared
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    PJ
    The South
    Brian
  • mwachsmanmwachsman Posts: 474
    Please!!!
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    PJ
    The South
    Please
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    PJ
    The South
    Pretty Please
    Brian
  • The South
    Pretty Please
    With Sugar on Top
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    The South
    Pretty Please
    With Sugar on Top
    and a red, red cherry
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    Charlotte hasn't been the same since you left 3 and half years ago, COME BACK!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • SPALMA wrote:
    The South
    Pretty Please
    With Sugar on Top
    and a red, red cherry

Hell, please play the south and we'll all treat the guys to some banana splits!! :D
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    Hell, please play the south and we'll all treat the guys to some banana splits!! :D

opening band for the south

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    bumping this thread in honor of Iconoclasts, the best hour of television I've seen in a long time, possibly of all time!

Happy Sunday y'all!
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    Dollpartz wrote:
    bumping this thread in honor of Iconoclasts, the best hour of television I've seen in a long time, possibly of all time!

Happy Sunday y'all!

I'll second that.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    Dollpartz wrote:

Happy Sunday y'all!

Yes, Bravo... I'll third that.

• red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Dollpartz wrote:

Happy Sunday y'all!
    Ditto this :D Truly my awe moment in Television in a long time.
    Please play the South 2007.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
    dangerboy wrote:
    I was so into the Banana Splits as a young dude...........that would so rock.

PJ & The South
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    Just got back from an overnight trip to Asheville, had a great time!

Play the South!!!!
    Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
    Just passed 4700 posts..............5000 is within reach.

The South
    Pretty Please
    with sugar on top
    Whoa... top of the second page bump

• holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Please Play Florida!!!!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
    Monday morning and still waiting to hear anything about Pearl Jam playing in the South bump.

• stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    I think we will hear something in Jan.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • mwachsmanmwachsman Posts: 474
    Please!!!
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    stoneg wrote:
    I think we will hear something in Jan.

that would be very very lovely:)

tis all i want for christmas!
  • Movin this info to the last page for all to see.....

This little movement seems to have grown some legs of its own....

The *** Official Plant a Tree, Play the South*** petition has been merged with this thread.

Im going to keep posting this until we get lots more people on board.

We are hoping to get the attention of the band and do something great for the enviroment at the same time. What we would like to do is plant as many trees as possible in order to offset the "Carbon Footprint" (see Activism) of PJ'S tour when they come southward (and I know they will!)

Below are some suggested links to foundations that will plant trees for small donations. They will even send you a certificate indicating that the trees have been planted and where they were planted. For as little as 10 bucks, only half the cost of your 10c membership, you can get 10 trees planted in honor of PJ's Southern Tour leg in 2007.

My 10 trees are planted and they should be photosynthesising as we speak. Once my certificate arrives, it will be forwarded to the 10c.

Folks, its entirely possible, with a little help we could get litterally thousands of trees planted with this little "Southern Homegrown Movement".

The steps are simple:

1) Pick a foundation from the links below (or any other that you like), or just visit your local home improvement
    megastore.

2) Purchase your trees. (stealing your neighbor's trees and re-planting them is NOT recommended :D.)

3) Have your certificate, if applicable, filled out to indicate that these trees were planted in honor of Pearl Jam's Southern US Tour in 2007.

Or, if you plant a tree at your house, just snap a picture.

4) Send your certificate, printed email receipt or photo to the 10c at the below address.

** SNAIL MAIL IS THE OPTIMAL ATTENTION GETTING METHOD.**
    on the outside of your envelope please write:
    "Trees for Pearl Jam Movement"

It's that easy!

Let's really get the band's attention in a positive way instead of just bitchin and moaning!:)

Re-Forestation Links:

http://www.arborday.org/join/TICTIM/index.cfm

http://www.americanforeststore.org/

http://www.saveourhemlocks.org/

And the 10c address to mail in that certificate or photo:

Pearl Jam
    PO Box 4570
    Seattle, WA
    98194-0570

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL WHO HAVE OFFERED A BOATLOAD OF AWESOME SUGGESTIONS AND HELPFUL LINKS AND THANKS FOR BEING ALL AROUND COOL PEOPLE! :D

LET'S MAKE THIS WORK! GO PLANT A TREE!

Facts From the Arbor Day Foundation Site:

Over the course of 50 years, a single tree can generate $31,250 of oxygen, provide $62,000 worth of air pollution control, recycle $37,500 worth of water, and control $31,500 worth of soil erosion.
    __ __ ____ ___ ___ _____ ___ _____ ___ ___ ___ __ __ ___

So, based on the list we have so far (if youve planted a tree or ten, please add your name to the list that's circulating):

We will have generated $ 4,687,500.00 worth of oxygen, provided $9,300,000.00 worth of air polution control, recycled $5,625,000.00 worth of water and controlled $4,725,000.00 worth of soil erosion!!! :D

How about those numbers boys and girls...all from 15 people planting 10 trees each for a grand total of only $150 !!

So, let me reitterate my point again in another way...for only $10...1/2 the cost of your 10c membership, 1/3 the cost of a tour poster (about 1/10 if you go and flip it on eBay) or the roughly the cost of 9 Wendy's Bacon Jr. Cheesburgers (plus tax)... you can help out a great cause and get PJ's attention in an environmentally friendly way....

Help us offset the "Carbon Footprint" (see Activism header on 10c website) of PJ's tour, (and hopefully grab enough of their attention that they will add the South to their 2007 tour itenerary), by coughing up measly 10 bucks on your next payday (you're only gonna blow it on booze and smokes anyway)..... visit one of the suggested websites today and......

PLANT A FEW TREES so PJ will PLAY THE SOUTH!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
    - Benjamin Franklin

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.
    -Will Rogers

The South & Pearl Jam........two great tastes that go together.
  • bottom of page rescue bump!

plant a tree...play the south!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
    - Benjamin Franklin

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.
    -Will Rogers

Rock our worlds, Pearl Jam

The South
    Pretty Please
    page 2 bump...
    ...would be nice.

• Georgia Peach?

Florida Citris?

Louisana Gumbo?

Alabama BBQ?

Texas BBQ?

Play the South
    09/17/95 - Tad Gormley Stadium: New Orleans, LA
    08/15/00 - The Pyramid: Memphis, TN
    04/13/03 - St. Pete Times Forum: Tampa, FL
    10/08/04 - Silver Spurs Arena: Kissimmee, FL
    Georgia Peach?

Florida Citris?

Louisana Gumbo?

Alabama BBQ?

Texas BBQ?

Play the South
    I would love some good Alabama BBQ myself. :D

The South
    Why not?