***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    stoneg wrote:
    Mike just come home.From the Ten Club website:April 5, 1966
    Mike McCready born in Pensacola, Florida

I'm guessing he was a Navy brat, but not sure.
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    stoneg wrote:
    Mike just come home.From the Ten Club website:April 5, 1966
    Mike McCready born in Pensacola, Florida

Yeah! See what you are missing.

(reposted from a couple pages back)
    http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o138/SPALMA/Florida/?action=view&current=sunset2.jpg
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    SPALMA wrote:
    Yeah! See what you are missing.

(reposted from a couple pages back)
    http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o138/SPALMA/Florida/?action=view&current=sunset2.jpg

Nice pics.Plus it is starting to get really nice out here too.Not so hot any more and breezy.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    intodeep wrote:
    no need for them to go crazy and play places like Greensboro, Birmingham, etc etc. no offense to the people in that area i'm sure they loved when they came and did a show there, but i coudl see how they would have difficulties playing big shows in that area.
    OR
    Play smaller venues in those areas and elsewhere in the South.
    Agreed............I would understand bypassing B'ham, it has devolved into a horrible, horrible concert town.....might be because the same company owns all the radio stations in town, who knows....I just happy that we have gotten PJ twice in the past.

Despite our decline as a "big" concert town.......been to only one in town this year (went to see DBT open for the Crowes)....we still have a couple of excellant smaller venues (2500-5000+ seats).........The Alabama Theater, which will be hosting Government Mule for the second year in a row this November, and later in the month will be the venue for DBT's annual show......The Civic Center Concert Hall.........saw Allison Krauss and Union Station there..........saw Tori Amos play there (missed her the second time) and the venue will be hosting Death Cab for Cutie sometime soon.

Hell, we even got Eric Clapton this past week.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    Throwing this out to the Florida PJ fans and anyone coming to the Tampa area tommorrow night. We are having a Pearl Jam fan meet up in Tampa at Bennigan's at 2206 East Fowler Ave. at 7 pm.Please Pm me if you can go and let me know how many people you are bringing.we have at least 8 people coming so far.The more the merrier.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    tybird wrote:
    Hell, we even got Eric Clapton this past week.

Eric is playing the O-rena in Orlando tonight 20,000+ venue
    Don't think it is completely sold out but nothing left but nosebleeds. Must have lower overhead.

SPALMA wrote:
    Eric is playing the O-rena in Orlando tonight 20,000+ venue
    Don't think it is completely sold out but nothing left but nosebleeds. Must have lower overhead.
    Yeah..........I'm sure that Derek Trucks is cruising around the country with Eric and not getting paid. :rolleyes:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    stoneg wrote:
    Nice pics.Plus it is starting to get really nice out here too.Not so hot any more and breezy.

It has been beautiful - those pics are from last weekend - water temp was 79 degrees.

I hear the weather is supposed to be in the mid 70s next week - which is cool for this time of year. And no hurricanes this year - THANK YOU!

I sound like the Tourism board! Perhaps our Northern PJ friends will consider this and fill up some PJ shows down here (if that IS the problem...)

• FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    tybird wrote:
    Yeah..........I'm sure that Derek Trucks is cruising around the country with Eric and not getting paid. :rolleyes:

Derek Trucks band is good shit...

"no retreat baby no surrender"
    Derek Trucks band is good shit...
    According to the review in our paper.........Derek is playing in Clapton's band.
    SPALMA wrote:
    It has been beautiful - those pics are from last weekend - water temp was 79 degrees.

I hear the weather is supposed to be in the mid 70s next week - which is cool for this time of year. And no hurricanes this year - THANK YOU!

I sound like the Tourism board! Perhaps our Northern PJ friends will consider this and fill up some PJ shows down here (if that IS the problem...)
    Yeah starting to see all the candians coming down again.Hey they like Canada maybe we WILL get a show or two.lol!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    stoneg wrote:
    Yeah starting to see all the candians coming down again.Hey they like Canada maybe we WILL get a show or two.lol!
    I don't think that the folks coming down to Florida from Canada right now are exactly the demographic that Pearl Jam's beancounters are interested in.......:)
    tybird wrote:
    I don't think that the folks coming down to Florida from Canada right now are exactly the demographic that Pearl Jam's beancounters are interested in.......:)

Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha,

HEY! I shouldn't laugh - This year I got my AARP invitation the same day I got my 10c Christmas record! Blew my mind.

• FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Next time PJ plays a show we should get everyone on this thread together and travel there as a group. Show some southern solidarity and maybe make something positive out of this. Plus it would be cheaper if we could get group rates at hotels, split rental cars, maybe tailgate and split food and drink costs, etc. Be a good chance to put faces with names and all that.

Even if PJ doesn't tour next year there is probably a good chance they will play a show or two somewhere.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Flagg wrote:
    Next time PJ plays a show we should get everyone on this thread together and travel there as a group. Show some southern solidarity and maybe make something positive out of this. Plus it would be cheaper if we could get group rates at hotels, split rental cars, maybe tailgate and split food and drink costs, etc. Be a good chance to put faces with names and all that.

Even if PJ doesn't tour next year there is probably a good chance they will play a show or two somewhere.

I've got floor space if in Orlando (about 45 mins from downtown)

SPALMA wrote:
    Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha,

HEY! I shouldn't laugh - This year I got my AARP invitation the same day I got my 10c Christmas record! Blew my mind.
    I think I saw my first AARP invitation sometime in my thirties..........:D
    just curious how old is everyone here? I am 32.33 on Sunday(Yes! Pearl Jam and I share the same Birthday.)
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    stoneg wrote:
    just curious how old is everyone here? I am 32.33 on Sunday(Yes! Pearl Jam and I share the same Birthday.)
    41.....until next February
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856

DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Flagg wrote:

Sounds good to me.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    tybird wrote:
    I think I saw my first AARP invitation sometime in my thirties..........:D

:) you are way too generous....

I'll be 50 in December (but my trip to Lisbon to see the boys was my 50th bithday celebration -so I am already there).

SPALMA wrote:
    :) you are way too generous....

I'll be 50 in December (but my trip to Lisbon to see the boys was my 50th bithday celebration -so I am already there).
    I was actually being honest......:)
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    I know there has been a thread about a letter writing campaign to get the boys down here for a southern tour, but I wanted to see if maybe we could brain storm about other ideas to get the message out to PJ that we want them down here! Any thoughts?
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    Send home baked cookies to the Ten Club Staff? Well, that's something I would do.

However, on that note: If the people who want a southern tour create a canned food/clothing drive or something along those lines, and if it is known that they are doing it as a manifestation of their wish to have PJ play the south (besides being a good charitable activity), how could PJ not play the south, you know?
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
    I was just thinking.I became a fan of Pearl Jam when they first came out .It was the music that draw me in.It still is.But they also stood up for the underdogs.It seems they have made us the Underdogs of the Underdogs.Are they going to stand up for us now?
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
  • Jim Halpert: You know what? Here’s the deal, Kelly. It would be really nice if he was into you, right? It would be great. But he isn’t.

Kelly: Yeah, but it would be so great if he was.

Jim Halpert: Yeah, but he’s not, though. So you just gotta suck it up. You just gotta move on. Try to have some fun. Come to my poker game tonight.

Kelly: Okay cool. [pause] Is it okay if I invite Ryan?
  • underdogs...no

undersdogs...maybe
    maybe a rally?Call all the radio stations in the south and get the word out on a Larger scale?
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    underdogs...no

undersdogs...maybe
    sorry about the typo.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Speed of lightning, roar of thunder, fighting all who rob or plunder........UNDERDOG!!!! UNDERDOG!!!!

I was actually a member of his fan club too........way back in the early 1970s.