***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    I give empathy for people losing loved ones, getting laid off or getting stationed in Iraq. Not someone in Alabama who didn't get to see Pearl Jam for the 5th time.

Who the hell would compare not being able to see Pearl Jam to having a loved one die or having to go to Iraq. That is just ridiculous.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • What happened to shows in Bristow, VA, Virginia Beach, VA, and Raleigh, NC. I thought I would have been able to see them in one of these places. My daughter was born hours after the 5.30.06 show in DC so I had to miss that show. I did not get to go to any of the shows in 2006. Maybe they will tour in 2007.

gesh, seems like they haven't been to va beach in ages. i always guessed they stopped coming there because their venues were too small. like they've gotten too big for their britches and just INSIST playing in stadiums now.

congrads on your new baby girl!
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Doesn't hurt to keep hoping.

BUMP because I haven't today......

Play the south.....
    Please
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    weenie wrote:
    Doesn't hurt to keep hoping.

BUMP because I haven't today......

Play the south.....
    Please
    We know that you are here in spirit.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • BUMP!!

I ain't too proud to beg. :D
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
    Ok, seeing these threads pulled together has given me a shot of hope. But I am still not begging. It's a pride thing. I wish they would play the South, that is my new saying.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • Ok, seeing these threads pulled together has given me a shot of hope. But I am still not begging. It's a pride thing. I wish they would play the South, that is my new saying.

Well, it was more of a light-hearted joke...I'm not actually begging. :p

unless that would really work................:D
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    I am begging! please please please come to Florida!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    i've been pissed about this for the last few days. not listening. not posting. not hoping. hurting, honestly.

but something always happens. something my kid does. the way my wife laughs. someone dies.

and i need them. need them again.

july 2003

it's been a painfully long time

yes, there are more important things.

but pearl jam is a big part of my life......a big part of me

so, since i still have never recieved my certificate for the 15 trees for the monarchs i bought from the stupid americanforestrystore link....

i just bought 20 more from arbor day. y'all say the certs are showing up, so i went with them. twice...that's 35 trees for me....

please come see us as soon as you can work it out

unofficial sticky "just when i thought i was out, they drag me back in" bump

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
    dangerboy wrote:
    i've been pissed about this for the last few days. not listening. not posting. not hoping. hurting, honestly.

but something always happens. something my kid does. the way my wife laughs. someone dies.

and i need them. need them again.

july 2003

it's been a painfully long time

yes, there are more important things.

but pearl jam is a big part of my life......a big part of me

so, since i still have never recieved my certificate for the 15 trees for the monarchs i bought from the stupid americanforestrystore link....

i just bought 20 more from arbor day. y'all say the certs are showing up, so i went with them. twice...that's 35 trees for me....

please come see us as soon as you can work it out

unofficial sticky "just when i thought i was out, they drag me back in" bump
    Cool, I am glad you are back....and that is a lot of trees.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    i planted a tree (or trees or other vegetation) to offset my carbon footprint while travelling to see pearl jam play the south, and am sending proof to the ten club in the form of a certificate of gift planting or photo of my planting

barkingdogs
    dangerboy
    behindtheeyes
    BeBe
    Riverrunner
    weenie
    mauichick
    SPALMA
    pathorses
    pickupyourwill
    solat1973
    makingwaves
    NCBRI
    dollpartz
    holleroxx
    stoneg

keep the list going, i mean "growing" unofficial sticky bump

please use the quote function, add your name to the list, and repost!

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
    Oh yeah.........still rolling like a steam train going down the tracks..........
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    I am buying more trees to offset my travels... this time I am dedicating them to the Pearl Jam Fans.

Goodnight.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • SPALMA wrote:
    Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha,

HEY! I shouldn't laugh - This year I got my AARP invitation the same day I got my 10c Christmas record! Blew my mind.

Oh my goodness! I've been getting AARP invitations since I turned 25! (and I'm not that near to 50 yet!) I get mail from "Hover-round" (sp?) all the time, and invitations to Medicare conferences. I even get messages on my answering machine that say something like... "We understand that certain members of your household are approaching retirement...". I don't know how to make it stop! Talk about feeling old before your time! Maybe PJ can rejuvenate me... by playing the south! :)
    "Music is excellent therapy."
    Saturday morning second page rescue effort...........BUMP!!!!
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Oh my goodness! I've been getting AARP invitations since I turned 25! (and I'm not that near to 50 yet!) I get mail from "Hover-round" (sp?) all the time, and invitations to Medicare conferences. I even get messages on my answering machine that say something like... "We understand that certain members of your household are approaching retirement...". I don't know how to make it stop! Talk about feeling old before your time! Maybe PJ can rejuvenate me... by playing the south! :)

I've ony ever gotten one (last spring) - which I igonred and have never gotten anything else. Got rid of my telephone landline a few years ago so have avoided all those pesky sales calls...Great to be under the radar.

PJ is the great equalizer (at least fom my perspective) - our passion for their music is ageless.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    Good morning and it should be a good day of football.
    I just listened to Even Flow for the first time in a couple of months. What a great song! Cranked it up real loud and it got the heart pumping.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    Been out birding bump............a lot of the birds that winter in the South were present in good number this A.M.
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Bumping to the top and see all of you at the Tampa meetup tonight at 7 o clock.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    stoneg wrote:
    Bumping to the top and see all of you at the Tampa meetup tonight at 7 o clock.
    Y'all have fun.........you hear...........
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    tybird wrote:
    Y'all have fun.........you hear...........
    we will. As soon as my wife gets here so we can go.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Raleigh Loves PJ!!
    Dear Pearl Jam:

We still love you.

The South
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Raleigh Loves PJ!!

Thats the spirit. Thanks for joining the cause. Its been 3 and a half years since the boys rocked The Triangle. Hopefully we will get em back down here eventually.
    Brian
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Movin this info to the last page for all to see.....

This little movement seems to have grown some legs of its own....

The *** Official Plant a Tree, Play the South*** petition has been merged with this thread.

Im going to keep posting this until we get lots more people on board.

We are hoping to get the attention of the band and do something great for the enviroment at the same time. What we would like to do is plant as many trees as possible in order to offset the "Carbon Footprint" (see Activism) of PJ'S tour when they come southward (and I know they will!)

Below are some suggested links to foundations that will plant trees for small donations. They will even send you a certificate indicating that the trees have been planted and where they were planted. For as little as 10 bucks, only half the cost of your 10c membership, you can get 10 trees planted in honor of PJ's Southern Tour leg in 2007.

My 10 trees are planted and they should be photosynthesising as we speak. Once my certificate arrives, it will be forwarded to the 10c.

Folks, its entirely possible, with a little help we could get litterally thousands of trees planted with this little "Southern Homegrown Movement".

The steps are simple:

1) Pick a foundation from the links below (or any other that you like), or just visit your local home improvement
    megastore.

2) Purchase your trees. (stealing your neighbor's trees and re-planting them is NOT recommended .)

3) Have your certificate, if applicable, filled out to indicate that these trees were planted in honor of Pearl Jam's Southern US Tour in 2007.

Or, if you plant a tree at your house, just snap a picture.

4) Send your certificate, printed email receipt or photo to the 10c at the below address.

** SNAIL MAIL IS THE OPTIMAL ATTENTION GETTING METHOD.**
    on the outside of your envelope please write:
    "Trees for Pearl Jam Movement"

It's that easy!

Let's really get the band's attention in a positive way instead of just bitchin and moaning!

Re-Forestation Links:

http://www.arborday.org/join/TICTIM/index.cfm

http://www.americanforeststore.org/

http://www.saveourhemlocks.org/

And the 10c address to mail in that certificate or photo:

Pearl Jam
    PO Box 4570
    Seattle, WA
    98194-0570

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL WHO HAVE OFFERED A BOATLOAD OF AWESOME SUGGESTIONS AND HELPFUL LINKS AND THANKS FOR BEING ALL AROUND COOL PEOPLE!

LET'S MAKE THIS WORK! GO PLANT A TREE!

Facts From the Arbor Day Foundation Site:

Over the course of 50 years, a single tree can generate $31,250 of oxygen, provide $62,000 worth of air pollution control, recycle $37,500 worth of water, and control $31,500 worth of soil erosion.
    __ __ ____ ___ ___ _____ ___ _____ ___ ___ ___ __ __ ___

So, based on the list we have so far (if youve planted a tree or ten, please add your name to the list that's circulating):

We will have generated $ 4,687,500.00 worth of oxygen, provided $9,300,000.00 worth of air polution control, recycled $5,625,000.00 worth of water and controlled $4,725,000.00 worth of soil erosion!!!

How about those numbers boys and girls...all from 15 people planting 10 trees each for a grand total of only $150 !!

So, let me reitterate my point again in another way...for only $10...1/2 the cost of your 10c membership, 1/3 the cost of a tour poster (about 1/10 if you go and flip it on eBay) or the roughly the cost of 9 Wendy's Bacon Jr. Cheesburgers (plus tax)... you can help out a great cause and get PJ's attention in an environmentally friendly way....

Help us offset the "Carbon Footprint" (see Activism header on 10c website) of PJ's tour, (and hopefully grab enough of their attention that they will add the South to their 2007 tour itenerary), by coughing up measly 10 bucks on your next payday (you're only gonna blow it on booze and smokes anyway)..... visit one of the suggested websites today and......

PLANT A FEW TREES so PJ will PLAY THE SOUTH!

Brian
    Back from a quiet evening out with the beautiful wife.......a little Italian food.
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Bump
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • MikeVonMikeVon Posts: 24
    Is it too early to give Santa my wish List??

1. Pearl Jam Plays the South
    2. New Pearl Jam Boots or Album
    3. Pj T-shirt in my stocking.
    4. Jeff A. Skate Deck
    5. Autographed Singles DVD
    6. PJ wins a Grammy
    7. PJ Tickets to all of the concerts they will play in the south.
    8. This thread to stay until they play the South.
    Mike V

"Can't buy what you want because it's free"
    Corduroy
    Vitalogy

Choices are made, but only you can make them.
    You live life, but does it live for you?
    Facades pop up in this world everyday.
    Only you can decide to see through them or help put another brick in the wall.
    Good night bump
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Sunday morning "rescue effort". Back to front BUMP!

Play the South....
    please?
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau