***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    This tree idea is fantastic! I'll get this going with my friends and family right away...I'll try to contact our local news stations about this movement and see if we can get some national exposure!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
    why would you want to love someone that refuses to love you back??
    get over this obsession. they don't like the south, they are not going to
    play the south.

move on, find another band to pester.
    I hear creed is planning a comeback.

nice attitude
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
    stoneg wrote:
    Great Advise.We have been Buying trees from the National Arbor Day Foundation in dedication to Pearl Jam playing a 2007 southern tour.We are sending our letters that we get back from the National Arbor Day Foundation to the Ten Club with a letter saying Play the South.But we need to get the media involed.

right on
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    play the south.

I don't see why they wouldn't try. I don't see it like a relationship, but rather more like a runner who wants to run a certain distance in a certain time. With dedication, stamina, and courage one day that runner will run that certain distance within that certain time.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    play the south.

i defiled your mother's mouth last night... but she keeps coming back.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    bumping the "Granddaddy of the Southern threads"
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • I hear postcards work wonders. :)
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
    I hear postcards work wonders. :)
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=219418Post 29, 32+ ;)
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Ms. Haiku wrote:

How's that working out for you so far? :)
  • mwachsmanmwachsman Posts: 474
    Please!!!
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
    How's that working out for you so far? :)
    Aren't you the one to answer that? I'm still waiting for Scandanavia.

Shouldn't all these play-the-south threads be merged or something?
  • Ms. Haiku wrote:

Or deleted. :)
  • DeLukin wrote:
    Being from Philly, and having a chance to see them multiple times within an hour's drive this past tour, you might want to put yourself into someone's shoes who hasn't had that chance. A little empathy for our Southern brothers and sisters in the Jamily would be nice. The Plant a Tree movement is a good thing. Let's not crap on it.

I give empathy for people losing loved ones, getting laid off or getting stationed in Iraq. Not someone in Alabama who didn't get to see Pearl Jam for the 5th time.
  • CJMST3K wrote:
    i defiled your mother's mouth last night... but she keeps coming back.

Nice comeback pencildick.
    try refraining from making this personal you loser.
    your eyes make a circle,
    I see you when I go in there.
    I give empathy for people losing loved ones, getting laid off or getting stationed in Iraq. Not someone in Alabama who didn't get to see Pearl Jam for the 5th time.
    It would only be my fourth time............:D
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Ms. Haiku wrote:

Wow! You're wish is granted! Someone was watching all of these threads.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Flagg wrote:
    Wow! You're wish is granted! Someone was watching all of these threads.
    Wow........that puts us close to 4500 posts..........

thats easy for you to say because of where you live, and besides that fact your post is a terrible way to spin what what we are trying to do here...its not that we don't care about those issues, but this is the PEARL JAM board so you would expect topics on Pearl Jam discussed here? right?
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    DeLukin wrote:
    I feel for you guys. That's why I think whatever you all decide to do should be coordinated and supported by as many people as possible. Let them know that the entire PJ Nation South is behind this. A letter writing campaign won't be good enough if there are only a couple of hundred participants. Look what happened with Brazil - so many people signed a petition that the band had to take notice (Ed himself said that after seeing all those names they figured it was time to go down there). Whatever you decide to do, make sure everyone is on the same page and everyone participates. That's how it will be most effective.

the 47,422 posts Argentina thread only had 300 contributors
    the 14,469 posts Australia thread had 239 contributors

we are up over 500
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    CJMST3K wrote:
    Anyone in a southern state near a national TV station like MSNBC or CNN? Next time they're broadcasting outside - waive a "Pearl Jam PLAY the SOUTH!" sign and get it onto youtube!

I held one at Lisbon II concert - Ed noticed & responded - but nothing yet.

SPALMA wrote:
    the 47,422 posts Argentina theread only had 300 contributors
    the 14, 469 posts Australia thread had 239 contributors

we are up over 500
    You win the "Research" award for the day.......congrats. :D
    tybird wrote:
    You win the "Research" award for the day.......congrats. :D

thanks... but I really should be working :)

SPALMA wrote:
    I held one at Lisbon II concert - Ed noticed & responded - but nothing yet.

what was his response????

4500........dead ahead!!!!
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    oi
    bump! just because i can :)
    yield2me wrote:
    bump! just because i can :)
    well so can I........bump
    Pulling this baby off of the second page bump