***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    SPALMA wrote:
    NO, NO, NO! saw them with Petty and absolutely HATED them sharing the stage... It is just not the same. I'll travel up North to see them alone rather than see any shared shows down here.

I just don't buy the ticket sales excuse. Just play 1 city in each state and run multiple shows - people will come (like they did in Australia). I'd go to 2-3 shows in West Palm and another 2-3 shows in Atlanta and see where they went from there -if I can drive it - I'll go.

Create more demand with less logistical costs.
    It is cool man it is a pig pickin. Like college football in the south you start at noon and end at midnight. Give DBT an hour MMJ 2 hours and pj 3 hours :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    tybird wrote:
    I felt the same way about Drive-by Truckers opening for Black Crowes........It's tough watching a 30 minute set by a band that every other time that you have seen them went over 2 hours. What was worse, IMHO, was the fact that DBT was the first of three.....Rober Randoplh Family Band or whatever they were called was second......they seemed to go on forever.......they weren't my thing....we left about three songs into the Black Crowes.

I was looking forward to seeing DBT when I went to see The Black Crowes. Had heard a lot of praise heaped on them but missed most of their set because I was waiting to meet The Crowes back stage. They sounded really good from what I did get to hear though.
    Brian
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    SPALMA wrote:
    I know they had originally planned on Orlando, but backed out before the plans were firm - so we are not out of the question.

Never heard that before, that's interesting. Where did that info come from?
  • LaterDaysLaterDays Posts: 142
    Fuck, I just saw this thread... it's been a while since I've been on here. I'll send one out tomorrow... but I also think it might be a good idea to set another date, say 2 weeks from now, to do it again so maybe the word has a little bit more time to get around.
    "You are everything, and everything is you. Me, you... you, me -- it's all related."
  • RATS36RATS36 Posts: 14
    I'm in......could someone post the mailig adress.....????? If not, direct me to where I can find it.......

"The smallest oceans still make big big waves"!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • LaterDaysLaterDays Posts: 142
    RATS36 wrote:
    I'm in......could someone post the mailig adress.....????? If not, direct me to where I can find it.......

I guess this is a pretty good question to ask... I just assumed everyone was sending it to the 10c. If that's not the case, someone correct me. Here's the address for that though:

Ten Club
    PO Box 4590
    Seattle, WA 98194-0590
    "You are everything, and everything is you. Me, you... you, me -- it's all related."
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    intodeep wrote:
    It is cool man it is a pig pickin. Like college football in the south you start at noon and end at midnight. Give DBT an hour MMJ 2 hours and pj 3 hours :)
    Wrong answer......give MMJ 30 minutes.......DBT 2-3hours and PJ 3-4 hours. DBT rules!!!!
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    SPALMA wrote:
    And last, maybe they thought better of doing the South now in favor of closer to the election year when they can do some more activism.
    It's a mid-term election year..........governor's race and what not this year in Alabama.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    they had a date on hold for raleigh at one point this year, too....but released it a long time ago....this was around april/may...they had a date for september or october held.....

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    RATS36 wrote:

Look at the FIRST POST! :D
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Dollpartz wrote:
    Never heard that before, that's interesting. Where did that info come from?

They were talking about an Orlando booking in Mid November it on local radio station - also Atlanta too. But then they announced the Australia tour and it all went away.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    tybird wrote:
    It's a mid-term election year..........governor's race and what not this year in Alabama.

I think they would go for bigger pickins - presidential.

• holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Bump back to page1 and please announce a treat for us southern folk!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
    bump
    tybird wrote:
    Wrong answer......give MMJ 30 minutes.......DBT 2-3hours and PJ 3-4 hours. DBT rules!!!!
    I like dbt a lot, but i really love mmj, but to be honest if pearljam would just play i would be happy.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Hey, Pearl Jam we want Treats not Tricks! Please Play The South!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Great Quote!!!!! Fits right in dose'nt it?
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    so, keepin up the faith and the thread...

we still have a shot at this i think!

mailing my letter today :D well

"our" letter...
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    BUMP~~~~~For the faithful;
    and for TREES!
    "It ain't over till it's over" - and for me, that's an official statement from 10C.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    OK Pearl Jam, this is what your are missing IN FLORIDA!

http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o138/SPALMA/Florida/?action=view&current=sunset2.jpg

5 pics taken last weekend.

• weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    SPALMA wrote:
    OK Pearl Jam, this is what your are missing IN FLORIDA!

http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o138/SPALMA/Florida/?action=view&current=sunset2.jpg

5 pics taken last weekend.

BEAUTIFUL PICS SPALMA!!! Make me very homesick......
    I've lived on both coasts of the US, up and down both and there are NO BEACHES ANYWHERE as beautiful as those in Florida. I don't know if you'll make PJ want to visit, but now I sure do! Thank God I have a niece who lives in Navarre Beach I can go visit..........

Thanks for letting me see what you see - all the time!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    intodeep wrote:
    I like dbt a lot, but i really love mmj, but to be honest if pearljam would just play i would be happy.
    I would not know MMJ if they walked and introduced themselves........
    tybird wrote:

MMJ opened up in Lisbon - Actually not bad - def some southern rock roots (I think they are from Kentucky?)- and they jam a lot. Better than Death Cab was as an opener.

weenie wrote:
    BEAUTIFUL PICS SPALMA!!! Make me very homesick......
    I've lived on both coasts of the US, up and down both and there are NO BEACHES ANYWHERE as beautiful as those in Florida. I don't know if you'll make PJ want to visit, but now I sure do! Thank God I have a niece who lives in Navarre Beach I can go visit..........

Thanks for letting me see what you see - all the time!

Thanks weenie - we have the most beautiful beaches in the world! perhaps not the greatest waves, but the beaches are gerat. That is one thing we can thank Jeb for - no oil rigs off our coasts. He fought big bro on that one.

bump
    tybird wrote:

you should give them a shot. Especially live. I would say besides pearl jam they are my second favorite band live. They have a ton of energy live.

Check out the song One Big Holiday by them.

In fact check out this link
    http://www.mymorningjacket.com/streams.html

on the right hand side you will see a colum for video. Second video down check out their performance on Conan. You might dig it :)

By the way why is this on the second page???? :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    SPALMA wrote:
    MMJ opened up in Lisbon - Actually not bad - def some southern rock roots (I think they are from Kentucky?)- and they jam a lot. Better than Death Cab was as an opener.

Death Cab was a snoozefest in Kissimmee.......good on a CD, boring on the stage
    Dollpartz wrote:
    Death Cab was a snoozefest in Kissimmee.......good on a CD, boring on the stage

Yeah, I couldn't believe they were the same band. MMJ was consistant with their CDs.

SPALMA wrote:
    Yeah, I couldn't believe they were the same band. MMJ was consistant with their CDs.
    All the more reason to go with DBT!!!!!
    tybird wrote:
    All the more reason to go with DBT!!!!!
    :):):)