***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    teskeinc wrote:
    how much further south is Austrailia?

so far south, its north. :)
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    OK the mail lady picked up my letter to the Ten Club to play the south.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    stoneg wrote:
    OK the mail lady picked up my letter to the Ten Club to play the south.

Cool! Ok peeps in the southern half of the country, lets mail them letters!

(pass it on!)
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    and the hat trick bump
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Bump (the horse is NOT dead!)
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    bump because I can.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    tybird wrote:
    bump because I can.

Anyone on this thread sending physical letters to the band to play the South?
    CJMST3K wrote:
    Anyone on this thread sending physical letters to the band to play the South?

Yup, also sent a cert for trees.

(and those emailing their friends to write letters, please include your comments too :) )
    Bump from 2nd page...just to piss off all those other folks.

I hear the 5x1 books are starting to be rec'd... that should hold us over, for a while.

• weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    SPALMA wrote:
    Bump (the horse is NOT dead!)

Yea, I agree..... maybe you can tell me who the Lizard King is and why people are granting him credibility? I know I've missed an important piece of this new epiphany - otherwise why would anyone place so much stock in his statement......
    Duh huh?
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    weenie wrote:
    Yea, I agree..... maybe you can tell me who the Lizard King is and why people are granting him credibility? I know I've missed an important piece of this new epiphany - otherwise why would anyone place so much stock in his statement......
    Duh huh?
    I would also like to know this information.
    weenie wrote:
    Duh huh?

Sounds like a nice guy, been around the forum for a while and got to hang out with Mike and his wife. I suppose anyone who gets to ask the question wants to run back and spread the word. I hung a sign "Play In Florida" at a Lisbon concert and got a reaction from Ed Vedder. Couldn't wait to get back and tell everyone (even though it was less than encouraging). Got a bit of shit from people but also got verification from other folks that were there:)

In lieu of any official word we hang on any encounter, rumor like flies on a carcass.
    Nature of the beast I guess.

Here is Lizard's thread:
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=219406

SPALMA wrote:
    Sounds like a nice guy, been around the forum for a while and got to hang out with Mike and his wife. I suppose anyone who gets to ask the question wants to run back and spread the word. I hung a sign "Play In Florida" at a Lisbon concert and got a reaction from Ed Vedder. Couldn't wait to get back and tell everyone (even though it was less than encouraging). Got a bit of shit from people but also got verification from other folks that were there:)

In lieu of any official word we hang on any encounter, rumor like flies on a carcass.
    Nature of the beast I guess.

Here is Lizard's thread:
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=219406

Thanks, that helps. (or hurts......) Still, he could be screwing with people like the dude did with me about a month and a half ago. You're so right, we hang on every tidbit setting ourselves up as nice juicy bait for anyone who feels like screwing up someone's day.
    thanks-
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    I dunno, seems kinda funny to me that whenever the subject comes up, from WHICH EVER source, that the response is always the same three or four lines........ Coincidence? maybe....... maybe not....... I've seen some really negative comments about the south, from the same sources, based on nothing really tangible at all. SOMEDAY we'll all have an answer from the real deal....10C
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    faith
    weenie wrote:
    I dunno, seems kinda funny to me that whenever the subject comes up, from WHICH EVER source, that the response is always the same three or four lines........ Coincidence? maybe....... maybe not....... I've seen some really negative comments about the south, from the same sources, based on nothing really tangible at all. SOMEDAY we'll all have an answer from the real deal....10C

Sounds like the "Party Line and I'm gonna stick to it". As if they wre coached. I find it hard to believe that they lost so much money that it doesn't warrant another tour of the South. As if they couldn't adapt the tour to their requirements. I feel a little blindsided - they could have "leaked" this out before they went on tour. Perhaps the "little birdie" could have leaked this out when we still had a chance for tickets to other cities.
    And yes, I would only believe "official" word on this.

faith
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    I just talked to Adam Sandler's SNL character "Cajun Man" and here is what he had to say:

"No PJ shows in The South is causing NCBRI much depreSSION"!
    Brian
    tybird wrote:
    faith

full??
    Brian
    NCBRI wrote:
    full??
    Yes, I have been told that I am full of something on many occasions.
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    official "fuggit...i'm out" final bump

done with this effort. did the best i could.....:(

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
    dangerboy wrote:
    official "fuggit...i'm out" final bump

done with this effort. did the best i could.....:(
    godspeed........we gave it a run, and your effort was appreciated. See ya on the flip side.
    Anybody else wanting to let it go????? Anyone.........anyone.........anyone.
  • Well, 283 pages in, figured I'd post for the first time.

Longtime PJ fan, since the Vs. midnight sale at the Turtle's Records down the street from my house until today. And probably long after today too. And mostly a lurker on here. Check in 1-2 times a day, just a quick look mostly.

This tour has been a letdown for me for all the reasons everyone here has posted, but I felt like putting up my 2 cents just for personal release. This album, when I first heard it, was my favorite PJ album. It really connected with me, because my wife and I had just moved to Florida to pursue my dream of becoming a chef. Life Wasted became my personal motto, I had left the life I didn't want, and I was finally going after something I wanted.

Fast forward 6 months or so, and the cooking thing has fallen apart. While I showed talent, it simply wasn't a career I truly wanted. My wife and I have decided to move back to North Carolina, and I can barely listen to Avacado without feeling a deep sense of failure about our time down here. That said, I had always held out hope that I would get to see the boys live sometime, either here or back home in NC. When I got the email about Hawaii, and it said "wrapping up" in the first sentence, that was the first time I truly gave up.

I really will miss seeing the band. I've been to 10 shows, and each one left me with a renewed spirit and a feeling that I could conquer life in general. And I could use a dose of that these days. When I say that to some people, I get "They're just a band" but I think people here can probably identify with me :).

I think the main thing that hurts is that, without a show to look forward to, and with a little feeling of disrespect from the band (totally in my head probably, but still there), I listen to a lot more "other" music now. And I kinda miss the devotion I used to have to PJ. Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins are coming here next week, and Death Cab will be around in a few weeks. Somehow these bands are going to turn a profit, or at least are using their massive bank accounts to bankroll the tour. And I guess those will have to do this time around, maybe for a long while. I guess I'll see PJ again when I can make it up to an enlightened part of the country, or at least can make the drive to Washington D.C.

Thanks for 10 great shows guys, and hopefully thanks for the 11th sometime. It sucks that the South didn't work out this time. I don't really have a snappy finish for this post.
  • Well, 283 pages in, figured I'd post for the first time.

Longtime PJ fan, since the Vs. midnight sale at the Turtle's Records down the street from my house until today. And probably long after today too. And mostly a lurker on here. Check in 1-2 times a day, just a quick look mostly.

This tour has been a letdown for me for all the reasons everyone here has posted, but I felt like putting up my 2 cents just for personal release. This album, when I first heard it, was my favorite PJ album. It really connected with me, because my wife and I had just moved to Florida to pursue my dream of becoming a chef. Life Wasted became my personal motto, I had left the life I didn't want, and I was finally going after something I wanted.

Fast forward 6 months or so, and the cooking thing has fallen apart. While I showed talent, it simply wasn't a career I truly wanted. My wife and I have decided to move back to North Carolina, and I can barely listen to Avacado without feeling a deep sense of failure about our time down here. That said, I had always held out hope that I would get to see the boys live sometime, either here or back home in NC. When I got the email about Hawaii, and it said "wrapping up" in the first sentence, that was the first time I truly gave up.

I really will miss seeing the band. I've been to 10 shows, and each one left me with a renewed spirit and a feeling that I could conquer life in general. And I could use a dose of that these days. When I say that to some people, I get "They're just a band" but I think people here can probably identify with me :).

I think the main thing that hurts is that, without a show to look forward to, and with a little feeling of disrespect from the band (totally in my head probably, but still there), I listen to a lot more "other" music now. And I kinda miss the devotion I used to have to PJ. Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins are coming here next week, and Death Cab will be around in a few weeks. Somehow these bands are going to turn a profit, or at least are using their massive bank accounts to bankroll the tour. And I guess those will have to do this time around, maybe for a long while. I guess I'll see PJ again when I can make it up to an enlightened part of the country, or at least can make the drive to Washington D.C.

Thanks for 10 great shows guys, and hopefully thanks for the 11th sometime. It sucks that the South didn't work out this time. I don't really have a snappy finish for this post.

Never give up hope!
  • holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Still faithful in Florida! Please give us an announcment soon we miss you guys!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
    Well, 283 pages in, figured I'd post for the first time.

I can identify with you.
    Life changes. It is not failure - it is learning.
    Sounds like you are on the road to enlightenment, right there in NC (location has nothing to do with it - sometimes age does.)

Here's to hope for some future PearlJam shows - that we can all enjoy.

Well, 283 pages in, figured I'd post for the first time.

No snappy finish required. Thanks for opening up and letting people see how this all really affects you. I feel much the same, for my own set of reasons of course. But I haven't given up yet. I just can't accept that THIS band would ignore the South because of the almightly $.
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    But if we give up the thread now then we can't annoy the rest of the board with its omnipresence not to mention its tremendous size. Its the only thing that helps me deal with my disappointment. As they say, misery loves company.
    Brian