Metallica

Comments

• awesome! a friend of mine is going to see them with tool in seoul. are they still doing the puppets 20th anniversary thing, do you know klumpie?
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    awesome! a friend of mine is going to see them with tool in seoul. are they still doing the puppets 20th anniversary thing, do you know klumpie?

Here is the news of the 'other new song' and the setlist in Japan. And they are still playing the whole Puppets album. :)

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=56390
  • ok, answered my own question...

august 13th, osaka summer sonic festival

Creeping Death
    Fuel
    Wherever I May Roam
    For Whom The Bell Tolls
    The Unforgiven
    Battery
    Master of Puppets
    The Thing That Should Not Be
    Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
    Disposable Heroes
    Leper Messiah
    Orion
    Damage, Inc.

Sad But True
    Nothing Else Matters
    One
    Enter Sandman

"The Other New Song"
    Seek and Destroy

august 12th, tokyo summer sonic festival

Creeping Death
    Fuel
    Wherever I May Roam
    The God That Failed
    Fade To Black
    Battery
    Master of Puppets
    The Thing That Should Not Be
    Disposable Heroes
    Leper Messiah
    Orion
    Damage, Inc.

Sad But True
    Nothing Else Matters
    One
    Enter Sandman

"The Other New Song"
    Seek and Destroy
  • Klumpie wrote:
    Here is the news of the 'other new song' and the setlist in Japan. And they are still playing the whole Puppets album. :)

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=56390

thanks klumpie! :)
  • thanks for the info on the SECOND new song :eek:

i wish they would play FOUR HORSEMEN live again that song kicks my ass.
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,150
    Klumpie wrote:
    After Rock am Ring last saturday, I'm confident that they will make a pretty good album. I think it was one of their best shows in the last 15 years. They sounded so good, I was really suprised. Also they played the whole Master of Puppets album, because of the 20 year anniversary of this album.

Next thursday I'm going to see the guys in the Gelredome. I hope they will put up a show like last saturday and I hope they play the Whole Master of Puppets album here.

I hope Rick Rubin will bring back the old-school sound with Metallica and that Metallica will suprise with a Metal Up You're Ass album.

Here is a clip (Alice In Chains with James Hetfield - Would? at RAR)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD4uVNtf4Sw&search=metallica%20rock%20am%20ring%202006

And this is Metallica - Master of Puppets at RAR.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmz6Or9B72s&search=metallica%20rock%20am%20ring%202006

the whole master of puppets album!?!?!?

i'm drooling.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Survo-Survo- Posts: 72
    Metallica has played 2 new songs on these Escape tours. There is a poor quality copy of their 2nd new song, WHICH IS KILLER!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/i3smym

edit:: ahahah you beat me to it :P
  • sounds like they have gone back to their roots on this one! it's got a kill 'em all / garage days feel to it. sweet :)
  • BremertonBremerton Posts: 279
    Frantic tick tock tick tock Frantic.
    awesome! a friend of mine is going to see them with tool in seoul. are they still doing the puppets 20th anniversary thing, do you know klumpie?

Well, they played again the other new song. But they didn't play the whole Master of Puppets album in Seoul.
  • Klumpie wrote:
    Well, they played again the other new song. But they didn't play the whole Master of Puppets album in Seoul.

d'oh! :) i haven't talked to him yet, but at least he got to see tool and metallica together. he was hoping to get the puppets show though...
    d'oh! :) i haven't talked to him yet, but at least he got to see tool and metallica together. he was hoping to get the puppets show though...

This was the setlist of Metallica, so that wasn't bad at all.

Creeping Death
    Fuel
    Wherever I May Roam
    Harvester of Sorrow
    Frantic
    The Unforgiven
    For Whom The Bell Tolls
    Orion
    Master of Puppets
    Fade To Black
    Battery
    - - - -
    Sad But True
    Nothing Else Matters
    One
    Enter Sandman
    - - - -
    The Other New Song
    Seek and Destroy
  • well, that IS pretty good...at least they played "orion". i know he was looking forward to that.
    Here is the new song again in better quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SavaSczzUjQ
  • BremertonBremerton Posts: 279
    My lifestyle determines my death style.
  • Klumpie wrote:
    Here is the new song again in better quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SavaSczzUjQ

thanks once again klumpie :)

i can't wait top hear this one recorded. so much like the old garage days...you can hear the punk influence and the old style metallica on this one. just balls out metallica. very nice. :)
    thanks once again klumpie :)

i can't wait top hear this one recorded. so much like the old garage days...you can hear the punk influence and the old style metallica on this one. just balls out metallica. very nice. :)

Yes, this song has definately a old school feeling on it. Good to hear Metallica can still make thrash songs. :)
  • metallica on the simpsons season premiere...:)

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=102290
    metallica on the simpsons season premiere...:)

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=102290

Funny shit.

Oh yeah, here is the other new song.
  • Klumpie wrote:
    Funny shit.

Oh yeah, here is the other new song.

sweet! sound is a lot better on this one :)
  • rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    Bremerton wrote:
    My lifestyle determines my death style.

Not trying to bash here, but that has to rank as one of the more groan-worthy lines in recent music history ...
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    this is gonna be an awesome release!
    out December 4/5th

"The Videos 1989-2004" track listing:

01. One (7:41)
    02. Enter Sandman (5:28)
    03. The Unforgiven (6:21)
    04. Nothing Else Matters (6:24)
    05. Wherever I May Roam (6:05)
    06. Sad But True (5:26)
    07. Until It Sleeps (4:32)
    08. Hero Of The Day (4:30)
    09. Mama Said (4:51)
    10. King Nothing (5:26)
    11. The Memory Remains (4:37)
    12. The Unforgiven II (6:33)
    13. Fuel (4:35)
    14. Turn The Page (5:49)
    15. Whiskey In The Jar (4:43)
    16. No Leaf Clover (5:33)
    17. I Disappear (4:28)
    18. St. Anger (5:50)
    19. Frantic (4:55)
    20. The Unnamed Feeling (5:29)
    21. Some Kind Of Monster (4:28)
    Bonus:
    * 2 Of One - Introduction (5:43)
    * One (Jammin' Version) (5:05)
    * The Unforgiven (Theatrical Version) (11:29)
    * "Metallica: Some Kind Of Monster" Film Trailer (2:27)
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
    Great, looking forward to it.
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Ican't believe thius. I am totally in Bizarroland.
    I have been on the Metallica forums lately, and all you see there is hate for Metallica, yet here on PJ there is all this love. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !!!!!
    I am gonna download those Euro shows with the Puppets Live. Orion is my current work in progress on guitar.
    Live shit is the shit !! It is in my bedtime CD player, I listen to it every noight to go beddy byes, juts love it
    Rock on guys !!!
    Music is not a competetion.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    they were cool at download as well. Entire of master of puppets liek the rock am ring but before there was a slideshow and a R.I.P cliff burton thing.

the first new song was funny

I got Rock AM Ring on DVD. pro shot.
  • Nothing would be better than a great old school metalica album

but it depends on what hetfield wants

hes lost it
    im glad to hear they are back on track
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    Just wanted to say that a buddy of mine loaned Some Kind of Monster to me recently. I enjoyed it quite a bit over the past couple of days. I was only able to watch it in chunks, but the overall effect is still in tact.

I have never masqueraded as a Metallica Honk, but always knew they were a top-notch and top-grossing rock band. The drama with Jason leaving the band and James in rehab was all 'interesting' and peripheral to me at the time, but I never gave it much of a second thought. I can see how those circumstances made the recording of St. Anger all the more difficult. The whole film paints a picture of real people dealing with real mid-life problems and relationships. I thought it put a real human touch on the entity of Metallica.

It also made me a bit embarrassed that I haven't paid more attention to their careers because they have been (and continue to be) quite prolific. They're now on my concert to-do list, even if some people believe they've become a streamlined version of their pre-Black Album selves. I'm positive I could really enjoy their live show, if I ever get the chance.

Good to hear they're recording with Rick Rubin this time around. That man is a genius producer. With everything I saw out of Bob Rock during SKoM, the band really needs a change of direction in the producer's chair.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    BUMP cuze I've been going METALLICRAZY lately! :eek: haha. Seriously though! I finally saw Paradise Lost last week (which pissed me the fuck off btw) and very much enjoyed how the soundtrack was all old school Metallica! :D It definitely kicked me into heavy Metallica mode. Seems like everytime this happens it's really damn difficult to break out of. :p A few days ago I think I musta listened to Leper Messiah for like 2 HOURS STRAIGHT! :eek: hahahahha. Out of control!
    Awww and last night I watched A YEAR IN A HALF IN THE OF for the first time in way too damn long. LOVE IT! Gonna watch PART II later on tonight. :D

Klumpie thanks for posting the New shit. As I've mentioned in this thread before I've never been able to get into Metallica's recent stuff but I gotta say the last song you posted there sounds pretty kick ass. The music is super old schoolesque. I really don't have high expectations overall though. But ANYways, keeping it positive...

Hey right on rhinomagic. I was reluctant to see Some Kind Of Monster for quite awhile but when I finally did was surprised how much I enjoyed it. It really does paint a real picture and explained a lot of things to me...like how they ended up where they are now. Again, I'm not really a fan of how they've evolved but watching this made me better understand it. It also completely fuckin confirmed my undying love for KIRK! GOOD GOD I JUST WANNA HUG THE HELL OUTTA THIS LITTLE METAL HIPPIE! :D I LOVE HIM!
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    how many losers here, you´re expecting another master of puppets again? it´s like wait for another TEN or VS album by pearljam....