Metallica

Comments

• AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    i actually prefer St Anger to the Black album lol
    it has it's moments..i think The Unnamed Feeling is amazing and the songs do contain very good riffs just a tad too long.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    St.Anger has alot of good riffs, but the production and the drums are weak. I think if they produce it again and let sound the drums better, it will be a great album.
    klumpie and axl, you guys have made my day...with "new song" and "cult" :)

thanks for posting these! :D

i think "new song" has a justice / black album feeling to it, and it's definitely good to hear that hammett solo - smokin'! this has me anxious to hear the new album big time!

lars and rob are sounding great together too...very tight and solid groove, especially towards the end...

METALLICA!

I agree, the new song has the sound of the Black album and the length of the song is from the Justice album. It sounds really great, can't wait till the next album.
  • ConXConX Posts: 39
    New song sounds great. Lots of potential!

Metallica's Rock Am Ring performance kicked some serious ass, they've not sounded as tight in years.
  • dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    The new song sounds very, very promising. I can't wait for the new cd.
  • JellyrollsJellyrolls Posts: 523
    wtf..st. anger?? that was a bad fucking album
    I saw them yesterday at the Gelredome and they were incredible. The guys are really in good shape, the played the new song again and the song is really good live. They also played the whole Master of Puppets album and everybody was going crazy, yeah. The opening bands Trivium, Bullet for my Valentine and Avenged Sevenfold sucked really hard. But ok overall the night was really great.

(Ecstacy Of Gold)

Motorbreath
    Fuel
    Wherever I May Roam
    New Song
    The Unforgiven
    Battery
    Master of Puppets
    The Thing That Should Not Be
    Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
    Disposable Heroes
    Leper Messiah
    Orion
    Damage, Inc.
    - - - -
    Sad But True
    Nothing Else Matters
    One
    Enter Sandman
    - - - -
    Die, Die My Darling
    Seek and Destroy
    awesome stuff Klumpie..cool setlist!
    glad you got some metal up your ass! :D
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    I love their Die, die my darling cover. Glad to see it make it's way onto a set list :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    awesome stuff Klumpie..cool setlist!
    glad you got some metal up your ass! :D

Metal up your ass for sure. But also Metal up your ears, I'm still deaf. :D
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    The sign of a true rocking rock concert eh :D Deaf for days after and you know it was a good gig :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Klumpie wrote:
    I saw them yesterday at the Gelredome and they were incredible. The guys are really in good shape, the played the new song again and the song is really good live. They also played the whole Master of Puppets album and everybody was going crazy, yeah. The opening bands Trivium, Bullet for my Valentine and Avenged Sevenfold sucked really hard. But ok overall the night was really great.

(Ecstacy Of Gold)

Motorbreath
    Fuel
    Wherever I May Roam
    New Song
    The Unforgiven
    Battery
    Master of Puppets
    The Thing That Should Not Be
    Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
    Disposable Heroes
    Leper Messiah
    Orion
    Damage, Inc.
    - - - -
    Sad But True
    Nothing Else Matters
    One
    Enter Sandman
    - - - -
    Die, Die My Darling
    Seek and Destroy

again...all of puppets!!! just wow! very lucky klumpie :)

...opening with motorbreath and closing with seek and destroy...awesome!!
  • Edge34Edge34 Posts: 233
    Happy to see some other Tallica fans on the board. I am a big fan of both Metallica and Pearl Jam in no particular order. But after recently seeing PJ live i give them the edge.

Lookin' very forward to a new Metallica Cd.
  • ArabesqueArabesque Posts: 34
    I tried to listen to that new song, but the recording is too bad for me to enjoy it. I'll wait until they release it or until their's a better version at least.
    "This is another sing-a-long." - Eddie Vedder before singing Lukin live at Madison Square Garden.
    LARS ULRICH: New METALLICA Album To Arrive Summer/Fall 2007 - June 15, 2006

METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich told Mike Davies of BBC Radio 1 during this past weekend's Download festival in England that the group's new album will not be released until the summer or early fall of 2007. "I think we've realized that the creative process works a little slower for us than it used to," he explained. "And we're OK with that. It's not a bad thing, unless, of course, you're waiting for a record." Asked if he thought it was scary that everybody seemed to know everything about the band since the "Some Kind of Monster" movie was released, Ulrich said, "No, it's not scary. I'm proud we put that shit out there. It's just kind of weird because it's like four years ago. Everybody's kind of still assuming that that's the way it is now, which is like… couldn't be further from the way it is now. We're in the studio, no psychiatrists, no film crews… everybody's getting along, having a great time. [We're] just kind of doing our thing. Back on that record [2003's 'St. Anger'], it was just a very different experience 'cause we had to kind of get it back together. Now everything's cool."
    Klumpie wrote:
    LARS ULRICH: New METALLICA Album To Arrive Summer/Fall 2007 - June 15, 2006

METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich told Mike Davies of BBC Radio 1 during this past weekend's Download festival in England that the group's new album will not be released until the summer or early fall of 2007. "I think we've realized that the creative process works a little slower for us than it used to," he explained. "And we're OK with that. It's not a bad thing, unless, of course, you're waiting for a record." Asked if he thought it was scary that everybody seemed to know everything about the band since the "Some Kind of Monster" movie was released, Ulrich said, "No, it's not scary. I'm proud we put that shit out there. It's just kind of weird because it's like four years ago. Everybody's kind of still assuming that that's the way it is now, which is like… couldn't be further from the way it is now. We're in the studio, no psychiatrists, no film crews… everybody's getting along, having a great time. [We're] just kind of doing our thing. Back on that record [2003's 'St. Anger'], it was just a very different experience 'cause we had to kind of get it back together. Now everything's cool."

Damn, over a year??? That sucks...
    Damn, over a year??? That sucks...
    well it's MetallicA..they take ages to release an album for the past 10 years.
    I'm just glad they got a targeted release date now.

YNWA
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Metallica really suck now. Those guys used to be cool but then became little bitches with the whole napster thing. Now I heard they even want millions from ECW just for the rights to play Enter Sandman as a wrestler entrance. They have made some shit music for years now and their time is up.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    I caught them on Sunday in Dublin, it was startling how good they were. I had seen them twice before and they were good, but that was all, so I was sure I'd hear the same setlist yet again and they'd be average, I was wrong. I really can't stress the difference in the band live, they are so tight. Cantrell was singing Nothing Else Matters with Hetfield and then James brought his daughter out cause it was her eight birthday that day and we all sang Happy Birthday to her. They played the whole Puppets album, plus some real rarities such as The God That Failed, The Unforgiven, Whiskey In the Jar and opening with Creeping Death was a stroke of genius. All in all my faith in this band have been restored, at least live, they have a new energy, a fire. Quality gig.

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
    wow..they played The God That Failed..awesome stuff.

YNWA
  • Binaural wrote:
    I caught them on Sunday in Dublin, it was startling how good they were. I had seen them twice before and they were good, but that was all, so I was sure I'd hear the same setlist yet again and they'd be average, I was wrong. I really can't stress the difference in the band live, they are so tight. Cantrell was singing Nothing Else Matters with Hetfield and then James brought his daughter out cause it was her eight birthday that day and we all sang Happy Birthday to her. They played the whole Puppets album, plus some real rarities such as The God That Failed, The Unforgiven, Whiskey In the Jar and opening with Creeping Death was a stroke of genius. All in all my faith in this band have been restored, at least live, they have a new energy, a fire. Quality gig.

PEACE

was it at RDS? sounds like a great show. i saw them at RDS a few years back and the crowd was screaming for whiskey in the jar at the end....but they wouldn't play it. they were using virtually the same setlist for each show at that time. still, they always rock live...truly unbelievable. right up there with the best live bands in the world.

...and all of puppets again!?!?! i am friggin' jealous! :)
  • Metallica and Pearl Jam are #1 for me. I lovem. Met are playing the best they have in about 10 years! I cant wait till the new album. They all sound amazing. It may just be me, but James and Lars have really improved here lately. Lars really has improved, it makes me feel good to say hes my fav. drummer(my biggest influence). James voice sounds the best since S&M! Ive watched the Rock Am Ring vides all week. Its damn amazing. I can see why a lot of people say that Met are awesome live, but on the St. Anger tour they sounded like shit to me. Listen to the SKOM single they put out with live stuff. Almost god awful! Im glad they sound like they are improving.
    My first PJ show to witness was at Bonnaroo. How is that for lucky?
    Metallica and Pearl Jam are #1 for me. I lovem. Met are playing the best they have in about 10 years! I cant wait till the new album. They all sound amazing. It may just be me, but James and Lars have really improved here lately. Lars really has improved, it makes me feel good to say hes my fav. drummer(my biggest influence). James voice sounds the best since S&M! Ive watched the Rock Am Ring vides all week. Its damn amazing. I can see why a lot of people say that Met are awesome live, but on the St. Anger tour they sounded like shit to me. Listen to the SKOM single they put out with live stuff. Almost god awful! Im glad they sound like they are improving.
    something told me you were a Lars fan from yer nick :D
    awesome..so I'm not the only Lars fan here..

the St Anger tour..James really sounded weak..and yeh I have the SKOM EP too with the T-shirt and the live tracks din impress me..only track I played alot was the SKOM version on it.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    well it's MetallicA..they take ages to release an album for the past 10 years.
    I'm just glad they got a targeted release date now.

lol thats true. But from recent interviews it seemed like it would be alot sooner then that so I was really pumped. Ah well...what can you do???
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    the St Anger tour..James really sounded weak..and yeh I have the SKOM EP too with the T-shirt and the live tracks din impress me..only track I played alot was the SKOM version on it.

Ride The Lightning is hilarious on there when he fogets the words.
    Ride The Lightning his hilarious on there when he fogets the words.
    Leper Messiah was pretty good though and I really liked the SKOM edit.

YNWA
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    *twitches uncontrollably*

I could swear I just read \m/"PLAYED THE WHOLE MASTER OF PUPPETS ALBUM"!!???\m/

What in the?

No way that was real!
    :eek:
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:

What in the?

No way that was real!
    now if only they'd play the whole Ride the Lightning album or is that too much to ask :D

YNWA
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:

What in the?

No way that was real!

Yep and I was there :D

I don't know if the album comes out in late 2007. A guy from Universal told me he expected the album comes out late 2006. They have already 14 songs and 6 finished songs, they only have to write the lyrics for that part.