Metallica

KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
edited February 2007 in Other Music
After Rock am Ring last saturday, I'm confident that they will make a pretty good album. I think it was one of their best shows in the last 15 years. They sounded so good, I was really suprised. Also they played the whole Master of Puppets album, because of the 20 year anniversary of this album.

Next thursday I'm going to see the guys in the Gelredome. I hope they will put up a show like last saturday and I hope they play the Whole Master of Puppets album here.

I hope Rick Rubin will bring back the old-school sound with Metallica and that Metallica will suprise with a Metal Up You're Ass album.

Here is a clip (Alice In Chains with James Hetfield - Would? at RAR)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD4uVNtf4Sw&search=metallica%20rock%20am%20ring%202006

And this is Metallica - Master of Puppets at RAR.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmz6Or9B72s&search=metallica%20rock%20am%20ring%202006
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• awesome! thanks for sharing klumpie...all of puppets?!?!?! i don't know if i could handle it!!!! :)
  • I'm optimistic that the new album will be great, especially because of Rubin's influence...but I would never judge it based on the quality of a show. I've seen Metallica several times over the years, including the 1996 Motherload tour and most recently on the St. Anger tour a couple of years ago...both shows were absolutely incredible, which is more than I can say for any of the albums released during that stretch.
    <a href="http://www.shawnsmithsinger.com">Shawn Smith</a> / <a href="http://www.thebandbrad.com">Brad</a&gt; / <a href="http://www.allhailthecrown.com">All Hail the Crown</a> / <a href="http://www.satchelpartnership.com">Satchel</a&gt;

(Shawn Smith's official website, but not Thee Shawn Smith)
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Cool Master of Puppets was a good album :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    All of Master Of Puppets........?!!! :eek: wtf!!! awesome... :cool: :D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    pjny wrote:
    I'm optimistic that the new album will be great, especially because of Rubin's influence...but I would never judge it based on the quality of a show. I've seen Metallica several times over the years, including the 1996 Motherload tour and most recently on the St. Anger tour a couple of years ago...both shows were absolutely incredible, which is more than I can say for any of the albums released during that stretch.

Next thursday is my first show, but I've seen alot of shows on the internet. But the show at Rock Am Ring was really incredible. Even the Metallica fans agree with it.

Also last sunday they played the whole Master of Puppets album at Rock Im Park.
  • DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    You guys are fooling yourselves with hopes of them making another album similar to Puppets or even And Justice For All... For that matter. They have changed period. Changed as people, changed as musicians. This is where they are now. They still put on great shows, their albums may not be up to par with their live perfomances, but I think people have been a little too hard on them over the past decade or so. To count how many bands they've influenced would boggle one's mind.
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    well, i'll be seeing em next sat at download with aic and tool!
    DCGARDEN wrote:
    You guys are fooling yourselves with hopes of them making another album similar to Puppets or even And Justice For All... For that matter. They have changed period. Changed as people, changed as musicians. This is where they are now. They still put on great shows, their albums may not be up to par with their live perfomances, but I think people have been a little too hard on them over the past decade or so. To count how many bands they've influenced would boggle one's mind.

Yep, they have changed back to Metal. St.Anger was a worse metal album. But now I hope they come back with a good metal album. The guys seems to be in good shape, so why I will not have high expectations?
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    'TallicA have always been a superb live band so I'm not surprised to read all these great reviews.
    I hope with Rick Rubin they try something new..not go back to any roots or whatever.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    DCGARDEN wrote:

Yep.

Its seems like its the cool thing to do these days...hate on Metallica. But whatever, people can say what they want. Their still one of the greatest bands of all time. Ah well...

That video with James and AIC is fucking unreal. I loved it.
  • Señor BoSeñor Bo Posts: 68
    IMHO, they've been untouchable live since James sobered up and Robert joined, they're just on fire and the setlists they've been playing have been amazing. Rick Rubin's metal work has always been unbelievably good, and if you saw "Some Kind of Monster" you've seen that Bob Rock just was not cutting it as a producer, hopefully Rubin can get them in shape to make a great album, but if not, we'll always have the live show.

EDIT: Ladies and gentlemen, ORION!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgLumbvTyDA
    I am so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month.
  • exolsticeexolstice Posts: 85
    I didn't hate St. Anger, but I rarely listen to it. That being said, I have a good feeling about the new one.
  • David5345David5345 Posts: 9
    Looks like James has the same beard as Kerry King, now hopefully he'll make the same type of music as him.

BTW- Who is AIC using as a singer for their shows now? Is it different people depending on the song, or one person for all of them>
    David5345 wrote:
    Looks like James has the same beard as Kerry King, now hopefully he'll make the same type of music as him.

BTW- Who is AIC using as a singer for their shows now? Is it different people depending on the song, or one person for all of them>

The main stand in guy, whatever you want to call him, is William Duvall, lead singer with Comes with the Fall. Apparently they have "special" treats in store for European fans though, so who knows :D :cool:

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Metallica played a new song on the Berlin show of tonight. It's a 8 minute song with double-bass, so this is very intresting. No details further.
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    I love Metallica a lot. Though I like their older albums better, I do also like their new stuff. They're no different than Pearl Jam in the sense that they experiment with albums, some turn out better than others. Metallica is cool in my book, except Lars, he needs a fuckin' ass whoopin'!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    metallica after 92 sucks
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• ryantremorryantremor Posts: 28
    I have never understood why so many people hate metallica. I don't know if its the whole napster thing or what. In my opinion, Load is a fantastic album. If metallica had the same fast, heavy sound on all their albums people would rip on them for that too. They can't win. Reload and St. Anger were, admitedly, not great but they weren't as bad as people say they were either. All that being said, I am definetly looking forward to the new album.
    I caught a flash of flash of your smile through the fog of a dream, I'll have a hell of a time I clearly see, I can't be by your side, see you when I sleep.
    - Jerry Cantrell "Gone"
    metallica after 92 sucks

Based on what or is that just your opinion?

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Well, this is the new song. it's in bad quality.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=361CF1740016BDF7
    thanks for the link..I was just reading aboot the new song
    cool intro but once James sings I'm not feeling the song anymore.
    the solo is pretty awesome too.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
    Klumpie wrote:
    Here is the whole song, in better quality:

http://www.metworld.de/newdesign/start.html

This is the pass-word
    http://www.metallica-world.de
    awesome!
    thanks alot man

YNWA
  • Will be seeing them for the thirde time on Saturday, personally I think their set has become weaker through the years, St Anger was ok but tbh I was really disappointed with the lack of creativity and of course GUITAR SOLOS!
    Still, they wipe the floor with a lot of todays metal bands ;)
    At least they still play proper metal and not the emo metal of today. I don't even know if that's a genre, but I liked it ;):D

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • klumpie and axl, you guys have made my day...with "new song" and "cult" :)

thanks for posting these! :D

i think "new song" has a justice / black album feeling to it, and it's definitely good to hear that hammett solo - smokin'! this has me anxious to hear the new album big time!

lars and rob are sounding great together too...very tight and solid groove, especially towards the end...

METALLICA!
    yeh i agree mookie..this new song has the black album feel to it..so far im not too much a fan of it but it's hard to judge too til i hear a studio version.
    but i like the intro and the solo is classic Kirk! James is sounding good..I felt his vocals were alittle bad on St Anger and the "Madly in Anger" tour

YNWA
  • Blue11Blue11 Posts: 200
    that's awesome....the whole freakin album....man...wish I was at that show.

I am really looking forward to their new album. I like St. Anger...there's a lot of really good tunes on that album
    " All the stars in the sky, thought you were up in mine
    Still I wonder, I wonder......" "Black" tag 09-16-2005 Ottawa

Toronto 2003, Kitchener 2005, Montreal 2005, Ottawa 2005, Toronto II 2006, Albany 2006, Hartford 2006, Camden I 2008, Camden II 2008, Washington, D.C. 2008, Toronto 2009, Chicago I 2009, Columbus 2010, Noblesville, 2010
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh i agree mookie..this new song has the black album feel to it..so far im not too much a fan of it but it's hard to judge too til i hear a studio version.
    but i like the intro and the solo is classic Kirk! James is sounding good..I felt his vocals were alittle bad on St Anger and the "Madly in Anger" tour

true enough...we'll be able to tell a lot better with a studio version. this little taste has me excited though...especially the classic kirk you mentioned! you haven't lived until you've seen him do the old solos live, eh?
    Blue11 wrote:
    that's awesome....the whole freakin album....man...wish I was at that show.

I am really looking forward to their new album. I like St. Anger...there's a lot of really good tunes on that album

Very few of us liked that album. But yay another fan of it! :D

Rockin' out to Creadles