Metallica

Comments

• stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Good song that one. I also love Of Wolf and Man from the Black album. That song I will never tire of :)
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    Good song that one. I also love Of Wolf and Man from the Black album. That song I will never tire of :)
    The latter song is slowly becoming my favorite of the non hits since I got it not too long ago.

I'm currently listening to My Friend Of Misery.
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Well look at all the Black album talk. :p I actually like this album a lot. Yes, twas the end of the road for me and the start of my decline with the band (eeek!haha)...but still...I really do like that album. It's definitely an album that takes me back to certain time with every listen...back to middle school all over again. haha. Personal fav will always be THE fuckin STRUGGLE WITHIN!!! \m/ :D Wooo! LOVE IT! Captures such a classic Metallica feel. Mmm, Holier Than Thou & Through the Never are others that get much frequent play. Uh huh AxlUlrich, and of course The God That Failed. Bass anyone? :o Wheeew! I love that damn song. I remember reading what it was about too? Damn. :( Jaymz really put so much into that song...which makes me love it even more.

Oooo I also must agree with you guys about Of Wolf and Man too! Kick ass!
    Whoa My Friend Of Misery??? I havent heard that in hella damn long. Maybe I'll go have a listen right now. ;)

See! The Black album can be your friend if you let it!
    :)
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    This is really great, Fade To Black live at Rock Am Ring. I hope they come back soon in Holland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6U22f6Ycqo&search=metallica%20rock%20am%20ring
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Whoa My Friend Of Misery??? I havent heard that in hella damn long. Maybe I'll go have a listen right now. ;)
    another track with a great intro...damn I'm suddenly missing TBA haha..not heard it in ages!
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    damn I'm suddenly missing TBA haha..not heard it in ages!

Hey! Go listen then! GOOOOOO LISTEN! :D

Oh shit, I forgot to mention Don't Tread On Me. Another one I love! The Black album has some goodies damnit! :D

I just listened to My Friend Of Misery a little while ago. YES, that intro is awesome!! "Hearing only what you wanna heeeear-RAAAH" Have I mentioned how much I love Jaymz "rooooocky chaaaky"ness that he adds to every single frickin song? :p

Anyways, I forgot what a great song that is! Thanks for reminding me InHiding80.;)

"Lo√e, you know the word

Klumpie wrote:
    This is really great, Fade To Black live at Rock Am Ring. I hope they come back soon in Holland.

BTW~~>that...is...INCREDIBLE! :o:o:o Everyone clappin along?! *chills*Kirk always making sweet ass love. And just...this song?? I mean come on! One of the greatest songs on the PLANET! That's a fact. :D The breakdown?!?! :eek: *bows down repeatedly* One of my old friends and I use to actually have a dance to that part! :eek: ahahahah.:p

"Lo√e, you know the word

• prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Don't Tread on Me

:D
    YEEEEAH! Totally! :D

"OOOooo no no no-ooooowhooooa"

"Lo√e, you know the word

• prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Doesn't that solo remind you of a cat?
    HA! Now that you mention it....it does!!! :D
    Sounds like someone is treading on it!
    :eek:

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Klumpie wrote:

that whole rock am ring show is still playing daily in my house! :) rob's bass solo, the new lars and rob intro to for whom the bell tolls, kirk's god-like guitar solo (s), and kirk's crossed hands technique in what can only be described as humping your guitar to death for the pleasure of the audience! :D

...oh, and have i mentioned ALL OF PUPPETS!!!! :D

ORION!...O - to see this live! it sounded otrher-worldly!
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    InHiding80 wrote:
    The latter song is slowly becoming my favorite of the non hits since I got it not too long ago.

I'm currently listening to My Friend Of Misery.

I'll never get over the stupidity and pig headedness of James and Lars for making Jason change his original bass line for that song. Idiots.

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Binaural wrote:
    I'll never get over the stupidity and pig headedness of James and Lars for making Jason change his original bass line for that song. Idiots.

PEACE

and they wonder why the newkid left, eh? :)
  • MariusMarius Posts: 40
    They were out here in South Africa in March with Collective Soul, Seether and a few others. They really rocked.

Now if Pearl Jam can just find time to come out. :)
  • Marius wrote:
    They were out here in South Africa in March with Collective Soul, Seether and a few others. They really rocked.

Now if Pearl Jam can just find time to come out. :)

i have the south africa boot. sounds great!

i hope your PJ wishes come true! :)
    ...oh, and have i mentioned ALL OF PUPPETS!!!! :D

This cannot possibly be mentioned enough. I'm sure I'm making my friends sick with the daily reminders. :p:D

ALL of it?!

"Lo√e, you know the word

"YOUR TURN!"

finally took out my Live Shit boxset and giving disc 1 a spin right now.
    Creeping Death's playing now....damn I just love the whole "Lightning" album...even more than "Puppets" at times.

"DIE DIE DIE!"
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    "YOUR TURN!"

finally took out my Live Shit boxset and giving disc 1 a spin right now.
    Creeping Death's playing now....damn I just love the whole "Lightning" album...even more than "Puppets" at times.

"DIE DIE DIE!"

YYYYYEEEEEESSS Axl, if you want MetallicA that is MetallicA.

Live shit is the only thing is the only thing that matter.
    HELL YEAH! Excellent call AxlUlrich. Live Shit truly is the shit! :D And come on, you know I agree with you about Ride the Lightning. That and Master have always gotten the most play from me. ;)

And Creeping Death!? \m/ *headbangs uncontrollably*
    Oh that's it, I'm gonna have to go blast this right now!

Die by my hand
    I creep across the land
    Killing first-born man
    Die by my hand
    I creep across the land
    Killing first-born man

AHHH! That part right there too!? AHHH!
    \m/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuOxeOrOJGg
    That is what we're talking about!!! SICK!SICK!SICK! *pukes* ahha. So sick!

Oooh mookie! Yeeeah that's right~~> check the "newkid"! Wooo!
    :D

"Lo√e, you know the word

Oh btw, I finally listened to the "new song". I must say I was surprised!! It has a VERY old feel. Not the "we're gonna pump you up to think it's way oldschool" St Anger feel (:eek: :D) but a REAL oldschool feel. I was digging everything about it up till "dearly beloved we are gathered here today" Eeeeeeek. *everthing comes to a screeching halt* haha. It's stuff like this I just can't accept. This and "tic tic tock" pretty much sum up my NewTallica problems. :p Ok just felt like getting that out. Lemme zip it though since I said I'd keep it all good in here. ;) Ooops.:D Well to turn it around...I VERY much give props for "new song" musically. It really does have an And Justice Feel. :) That's awesome!

"Lo√e, you know the word

• VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Oh btw, I finally listened to the "new song". I must say I was surprised!! It has a VERY old feel. Not the "we're gonna pump you up to think it's way oldschool" St Anger feel (:eek: :D) but a REAL oldschool feel. I was digging everything about it up till "dearly beloved we are gathered here today" Eeeeeeek. *everthing comes to a screeching halt* haha. It's stuff like this I just can't accept. This and "tic tic tock" pretty much sum up my NewTallica problems. :p Ok just felt like getting that out. Lemme zip it though since I said I'd keep it all good in here. ;) Ooops.:D Well to turn it around...I VERY much give props for "new song" musically. It really does have an And Justice Feel. :) That's awesome!

i definitely hear what you're saying vedhead. i think they'll work out the bugs in the studio this time around (i'm optimistic, eh? :) ) and get these songs produced properly, instead of "settling" which is what they seemed to do with some of st. anger. at least these are my hopes with rick rubin...

bad ass link to the creeping death video :D

"jason...you are too fucking metal man. you're too fucking metal for your own good." i forget which live recording that was...but it was james talking to jason before or after a tune...might have been whiplash :)
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    and they wonder why the newkid left, eh? :)

I know, I don't think I'll ever get my head around their letting him leave. I mean I love cliff, but Jason was something else, and I know people may give me flak for that statement but you just have to listen to the depth and variety of Newsteads work. The man is one of rocks great bassists.

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
    Klumpie wrote:
    YYYYYEEEEEESSS Axl, if you want MetallicA that is MetallicA.

Live shit is the only thing is the only thing that matter.
    yeh I just had to after all the talk aboot it on this thread.
    I remember the last time I listened to the boxset was probably thanks to the Pit again lol..never fails to remind me to listen to it for at least once a year hah
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    HELL YEAH! Excellent call AxlUlrich. Live Shit truly is the shit! :D And come on, you know I agree with you about Ride the Lightning. That and Master have always gotten the most play from me. ;)

And Creeping Death!? \m/ *headbangs uncontrollably*
    Oh that's it, I'm gonna have to go blast this right now!

Die by my hand
    I creep across the land
    Killing first-born man
    Die by my hand
    I creep across the land
    Killing first-born man

AHHH! That part right there too!? AHHH!
    \m/
    hell yeh!
    at times I feel RTL is pretty underrated cos Puppets was just such a good follow up.

I love that part of Creeping Death!
    Jason's back up vocals on the "die die die" part on the live versions just gives the song a little something extra to me as well..that's one I miss aboot Jason..he did a great job singing the Kill Em All tracks too on stage.

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh I just had to after all the talk aboot it on this thread.
    I remember the last time I listened to the boxset was probably thanks to the Pit again lol..never fails to remind me to listen to it for at least once a year hah

hell yeh!
    at times I feel RTL is pretty underrated cos Puppets was just such a good follow up.

I love that part of Creeping Death!
    Jason's back up vocals on the "die die die" part on the live versions just gives the song a little something extra to me as well..that's one I miss aboot Jason..he did a great job singing the Kill Em All tracks too on stage.

i especially liked him on whiplash...yeah it was always a treat to hear him on some of the kill 'em all tunes...seek & destroy as well...
    i especially liked him on whiplash...yeah it was always a treat to hear him on some of the kill 'em all tunes...seek & destroy as well...
    hell yeh!
    he just gave such an aggressive feel to the KEA tunes whenever he sang them....at times even sounded better than Jaymz lol

YNWA
    I have the concert of the Gelredome and it's really great to hear it again. The quality of the mp3's are really good. It's a pity they didn't play any Ride The Lightning songs at this concert. But they play a new song, The Unforgiven, the whole Master Of Puppets album and Die, Die My Darling. So that isn't bad at all. :)
    For the people that don't want to buy the new song, here is the new song in high quality.
  • thanks klumpie :)
    Yesterday Metallica played an other new song in Japan, it was a 3 minute song with 2 solos from Kirk. So in the next few days we will hear a new Metallica song.