Metallica

Comments

• InkdaubInkdaub Posts: 235
    I don't have any Met cds anymore. Somewhere along the line they began to irritate me.

St. Anger was pretty cool musically I thought. Everyone seemed to hate it but I thought it was sortof cool. Hetfield sounds like crap these days though. I still didn't buy it.
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    now if only they'd play the whole Ride the Lightning album or is that too much to ask :D

...or kill 'em all??? :) i'd be losing my mind if i saw a show where they played any of the 3 in their entirety!

for those who have seen the shows with all of puppets - you are bastards! ;)
  • Klumpie wrote:

I know it's really cheeky but is there any chance that song could be uploaded again?? It says the file has expired :(

Metallica and PJ are my two favourite bands, I'm desperate to hear this new tune!!
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    I know it's really cheeky but is there any chance that song could be uploaded again?? It says the file has expired :(

Metallica and PJ are my two favourite bands, I'm desperate to hear this new tune!!

Here you go! :)

http://rapidshare.de/files/22526521/Metallica-NewSongBerlin6-6-6.mp3.html
  • 2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
  • obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
    I highly recommend picking up the bootleg from this show. The entire Master catalog and first live playing of "Orion". The version killed, with a nice bass solo mixed in.
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    obiwon76 wrote:
    I highly recommend picking up the bootleg from this show. The entire Master catalog and first live playing of "Orion". The version killed, with a nice bass solo mixed in.

The full Orion :eek: No way! And Rob's solo was smack dab in the middle of it :eek: He's no Cliff, but that must've been oh so sweet.
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Klumpie wrote:
    Yep and I was there :D

I don't know if the album comes out in late 2007. A guy from Universal told me he expected the album comes out late 2006. They have already 14 songs and 6 finished songs, they only have to write the lyrics for that part.

Well mother fuck me! :eek: I still can't believe this. ALL OF MASTER?! AHHH! This is too awesome to be true!! HOLY SHIT!! :eek:

haha AxlUlrich, I don't think that's asking too much at all. ;)

I have such a conflict with this band. I admit it. One of my first hardcore loves...without a doubt they WERE METAL! The greatest metal band EVER imo! Old shit = they always will be that too. When I see their recent sets I just sit there and drool cuze so much of it is OLD...but, hmmm..I just don't know about supporting what they've become. Eeeek. It's just not for me. *ducks* Don't kill me please. That's just "my" thing. :D

Yes people, I must tell you I am not a "new" Metallica fan, I am one of THOSE Black and prior people. :eek::rolleyes::p But hey, we can still kick it. It's all good. :D MASTER is THE MASTER! \m/RIDE THE LIGHTNING and AND JUSTICE will also always rock my life! ALWAYS! :D My love for these is never-ending. NOTHING CAN TOP/COMPARE TO THIS SICKNESS!

So we definitely have something in common here. ;)
    And I'm a team player kids...so I'll only post about Metallica things I love . We can all get along.
    :)
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • ...listening to some fade to black now... :)

vedhead's post reminded me of the first time i bought a metallica tape (yes, a cassette tape :D) ...kill 'em all on tape....and the girl behind the counter gave me the nastiest look. it wasn't cool to like metal in those days...same thing happened when i bought puppets on cd later on...no dirty looks for ride the lightning though...the person at the store must have been having a good day :)

i will always, always, always go to see metallica live when they come around. never a bad show, in my opinion. some of my friends saw them on the st. anger tour for the first time...they opened with battery, master o' puppets, harvester o' sorrow, sanitarium, and for whom the bell tolls...my friends barely had enough energy left after the show to go out for a couple of pops. they were all completely drained!

metal up our collective arses! :)
  • ...now some whiplash live MF'ers!!! :)

...oh yeah, with newkid on vocals...very nice...
    ...listening to some fade to black now...

OMG..that is THE SONG! I swear I could listen to that thing on repeat for YEARS! :eek: I remember when I saw Metallica back in the day all I wanted was massive MASTER love and some FADE TO BLACK action...I got both. :o What a show that was! Other than the fact that AIC was suppose to open but cancelled last minute (:( ) that was one majorly kick ass night!

Tape? hehe. Same here my friend. Shit, I didn't even start purchasing CDs till way late in life.:p But whoa, dirty looks for Kill 'em all and MASTER? :eek: That's insanity. Being a 'Tallica head was very acceptable in my parts. I remember us "rockers" ruled the middle school. :p haha. Good times. :D \m/
    they opened with battery, master o' puppets, harvester o' sorrow and sanitarium.

Daaaamn! :eek:

Shit. I might just breakdown next tour and go see them. :p

Random METALLICA praise....

>>>>DISPOSABLE HEROES OWNS!!!!!!!

OK that does it...I need some MASTER now.
    \m/
    metal up our collective arses!

ha. INDEED! :D
    \m/

"Lo√e, you know the word

• VEDHEAD27 your posts ALWAYS crack me up :D
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    Aww! haha. Glad to spread some laughs. :p
    Right on buddy. :D

Now...........................

BACK TO THE FUCKIN FRONT!!!!!!!!

:D\m/:D

"Lo√e, you know the word

• just getting around to watching some of the rock am ring show now...holy shit! :D the puppets part of the show is especially insane!
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    I am glad all the Metallica hating is done apparently. They are one of the greatest live acts in the biz, and if you have not seen them you need to.

The show downloads are almost identical to the PJ application. mp3 or FLAC

good quality

the lars thing was hilarious.

Pearl Jam /Metallica summer 07!!
  • jerve5150jerve5150 Posts: 30
    They should have skipped Orion out of respect to Cliff.
    Strictly for my ninjas
    just getting around to watching some of the rock am ring show now...holy shit!

Me too mookie!! Holy shit is right!! YOUTUBE I loooooooove you. :D I just now finally watched Jaymz with AIC:o on Would? Wow! That was awesome!

OMG and....and....I just watched this...

Jaymz : "Are you sure about this? Do you want it?"

AHHHH@#%&*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94PR8qGpTjQ

:eek:-->>>

*ahem*

So um...when are they touring the states? :D;)

"Lo√e, you know the word

• BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    jerve5150 wrote:
    They should have skipped Orion out of respect to Cliff.

You're right: "He's dead so let's pay a fitting tribute to him by ignoring the art he created like it's a dirty secret"
    Wise up.

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • 10_pearljam10_pearljam Posts: 172
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    I am glad all the Metallica hating is done apparently. They are one of the greatest live acts in the biz, and if you have not seen them you need to.

good quality

the lars thing was hilarious.

Pearl Jam /Metallica summer 07!!

where/how do you download their shows?
    He is alive but feels absolutely nothing.
    So is he?
    When he was six he believed that the moon overhead followed him.
    By nine he had deciphered the illusion trading magic for fact.
    No tradebacks...
    So this is what it's like to be an adult
    If he only knew now what he knew then...
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    where/how do you download their shows?

http://www.livemetallica.com/
    Klumpie wrote:

found it already...love it!!!!! downloading some of the vault shows right now...how are the FLAC? are they as good as Pearl Jam's?

I love how they make the vault shows free in MP3 format...

Where can I hook up some artwork for the vault shows?
    So is he?
    No tradebacks...
  • dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    hrd2imgn wrote:

I don't think they sound nearly as good as the Pearl Jam bootlegs.
  • can't stop watching this rock am ring performance...to see orion, damage, inc....all of puppets!?!?! craziness!

i like the new little lars and rob intro on for whom the bell tolls. rob's bass solo was awesome. kirk's guitar solo was awesome. the ending of the thing that should not be was wicked. there was even a quick little part of "run to the hills" by iron maiden for a couple of secs...

blown away by this show! :)
    I don't think they sound nearly as good as the Pearl Jam bootlegs.

i'll tell you what the 06.03 FLAC show...sounds incredible. The MP3 not as good as pearl jam's. but they are free and you can hear the music just fine...the audience is what you lose in those. the Flac though...INCREDIBLE!
    So is he?
    No tradebacks...
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    some updates from 'tallicA!
    METALLICA took part in a press conference on June 13, 2006 prior to their concert at Tallinn Song Festival Grounds in Estonia. On the subject of the progress of the songwriting sessions for the band's new album, guitarist/vocalist James Hetfield said, "It coming along exactly as it should. We're not rushing too much. [We're] taking our time. We want this to be just really good. [Laughs] [We're] sifting through not only… Well, in the old days, we had a riff tape, a cassette each. You know, 'Here's my ideas.' When we were on tour [in support of 'St. Anger'], the [jam sessions in] rehearsal rooms were recorded, so we had about 15 CDs filled — and that wasn't even all of them — of filtered, good basis for songs. So we have a lot of material, which is better than the other way around. So we have a lot to go through and pick out the best. We're going to be [at it] a little while. Rick Rubin is the producer, who's done very amazing things with people, and especially bands that have … think they've gotten as far as they can, he comes in and shows them again what made them what they are and why, and brings them to their roots in a different way. So we're pretty excited about his input."

When asked how the creative process — both live and in the studio — has changed over the course of the last 20 years, Hetfield said, "The creative process… live and creating in the studio are completely different beasts. What happens out here [on the road]… We're obviously in the middle of recording a new record, coming out here to do some shows… it gets your chops up again, gets your voice back in shape, [it helps you] remember why you are doing it, you see all the fans out there, it inspires you, [and] you go back in the studio with a fresh new appreciation of why you have this gift. So the live show, the whole thing, inspires the studio. The creative process in the studio… It's changed a bit over time from Lars [Ulrich, drums] and I sitting in a room putting things together to including everyone, and now it's kind of a combination of both. I'll bring some things into the hat that already have lyrics or something, or Lars will come in with certain ideas, and we'll all have individual ideas, but we'll also create things together. A lot of that happened, like I said, on the 'St. Anger' tour in the warm-up rooms."

A 26-minute video clip containing some of the highlights from the press conference as well as the band's pre-show ritual and the actual live performance can be viewed at this location [url=mms://wm.elektra.com/metallica/metallica_com/2006/tour/june1306_tallinn_300wm.wmv]mms://wm.elektra.com/metallica/metallic ... _300wm.wmv[/url]
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
    Mmm hmmm, blastin the LIVE SHIT~~>
    SEEEEEEARCHING................SEEK AND DESTROOO---OY!

Woooooo! *goes wild*

One of the BEST versions ever.

I said god damn!
    LIVE SHIT is the SHIT!

:D \m/ :D

"Lo√e, you know the word

• VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Mmm hmmm, blastin the LIVE SHIT~~>
    SEEEEEEARCHING................SEEK AND DESTROOO---OY!

Woooooo! *goes wild*

One of the BEST versions ever.

I said god damn!
    LIVE SHIT is the SHIT!

:D \m/ :D

definitely one of the best versions ever! whiplash too!...what is it?!?!?... MF'in whiplash MF'ers!!! :D

they both hella rock! ;)
    You said hella! :eek: haha. :D That's funny. It's true though, both definitely hella ROCK!

Speaking of funny, Jaymz is too much!! haha. He cracks me up...

"I like the way you guys share here...DICKS!"

HAAAAAAA!
    I also love the pottymouth."Give it to me FUCK!"
    hahahha. Love it! Always have! :p

Everything from Live Shit kicks ass on whole new levels. I love it so much. Aw, my Daddy won me the auctioned off box set when we were at the BAMMY's yeeears back, when it first came out. The best rocker Daddy a girl could ask for! :)

Ok, I'm off to listen to The God That Failed for the millionth time. For some reason it's been in my head all day....and the more I listen to it the more it gets stuck in there yet I can't stop listening. :p

OOoh and more random Metallicaness.....you know what I've been aching to see again lately?? A Year and a Half in the Life of Metallica!!! :eek: AH! I had it on VHS ages ago but so many of my old VHS tapes have disappeared over the years. I need to see this again! That thing kicks maximum ass! *ahem* Netflix. ;)

"Lo√e, you know the word

• InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    I'm listening to ...AJFA. To Live Is To Die is about to start right now.
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:

Ok, I'm off to listen to The God That Failed for the millionth time. For some reason it's been in my head all day....and the more I listen to it the more it gets stuck in there yet I can't stop listening. :p
    ah great..now its stuck in me head..lol
    It's the only track from TBA that I will never get sick of!
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA