Love for Stone Gossard Thread

Comments

• yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    OK, Stone swimming with the Salmon?? I am dying here!!! Damn, I love this man and the wild things he does....

OK guys, this is my last post for a minute! As some of you know, I am heading out tomorrow to move back to Oregon! YEA!!!!! I will jump back in this thread once I get settled..
    Patti, Lyd and Nadia, hold down the fort until I get back! Hugs to all who inspired me and gave me the positive energy I needed to get back there!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    You just really seem to want to slam people because they like someone's musicianship. And the last I checked, Stone wasn't complaining!! (Got it?)

You want to come on this board and rag on a few people but yet there are Thousands who make that beeline for his side of the stage, so please don't get THAT twisted. This is an APPRECIATION thread, luv, if you can't do that with some respect to others then step aside. (got it?)

Stone doesn't complain b/c you're a paying customer as are thousands of others.

Let it roll off your back, if you don't think my points are valid.

Accept that there are times when this thread is like walking into the Grease movie teenager's bedroom with slumber party girls rolling around on beds, pretending to be women.
    Here though- it's women pretending to be teenagers! (?)
    I'm allowed to say "This is disturbing."

Alas, birds of a feather flock together.

Someday you'll grow out of this (hopefully) and get a real hobby.

I've said my peace.

Wow. Well put.
    Just me
  • yahamita wrote:
    OK, Stone swimming with the Salmon?? I am dying here!!! Damn, I love this man and the wild things he does....

OK guys, this is my last post for a minute! As some of you know, I am heading out tomorrow to move back to Oregon! YEA!!!!! I will jump back in this thread once I get settled..
    Patti, Lyd and Nadia, hold down the fort until I get back! Hugs to all who inspired me and gave me the positive energy I needed to get back there!

OMG thats so awesome girlie!!! Good luck!!

Btw someone posted this to be captioned but I gotta put this beauty in here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/einatshaul/256834316/

enjoy all!!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Check out this one that was put up for a caption....(Thanks Marie, LMAO!)

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=220228

Butt grabbing AND gut flashing......!!!!

LOL
    ~~The sea will rise, please stand by the shore~~
    ~~~~Oh I will be, I will be there once more~~~~

2006 Tour
    10/11 Brisbane
    13/11 Melbourne
    14/11 Melbourne
    16/11 Melbourne
    19/11 Newcastle
    25/11 Perth

Hall-le-lu-jah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    yahamita wrote:

Awww Lisa, take care of yourself sweetie and it will be good to have you back here where you belong, the WEST COAST!! :D *HUGS*

Lydia is on a cruise for a week, so pati and I and everyone else will keep the Stone love/vibe going :)

Stoney related news: I FINALLY heard PJ do THIN AIR @ Bridge School last night for my b-day! :eek: I am STILL trying to grasp that! How can a man write such a beautiful, romantic, poetic song? Seriously, DAMN U STONE!! :p His lyrics kind of remind me of Neil Finn writing, where you are just blown away by their lyrics. They can make a simple line into pure elegance. :)
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn

LOL

What's he doing in that picture!? What a gut! haha. The butt-grabbing pic is hilarious, too. He's got this 'randy' grin on his face! Mike doesn't seem to mind.

And btw, happy belated birthday, MeddleDeal!
    "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" - The Young Ones
  • Funny pics!
    The more I see the less I know for sure. - John Lennon
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    I hope everyone got 5x1. Some really great Stone pictures in there.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • stoneg wrote:

Yes, I did and they are amazing. Except there's one close up where the seam of the book cuts right through his face, which made me very sad.:(
  • You just really seem to want to slam people because they like someone's musicianship. And the last I checked, Stone wasn't complaining!! (Got it?)

You want to come on this board and rag on a few people but yet there are Thousands who make that beeline for his side of the stage, so please don't get THAT twisted. This is an APPRECIATION thread, luv, if you can't do that with some respect to others then step aside. (got it?)

Stone doesn't complain b/c you're a paying customer as are thousands of others.

Let it roll off your back, if you don't think my points are valid.

Accept that there are times when this thread is like walking into the Grease movie teenager's bedroom with slumber party girls rolling around on beds, pretending to be women.
    Here though- it's women pretending to be teenagers! (?)
    I'm allowed to say "This is disturbing."

Alas, birds of a feather flock together.

Someday you'll grow out of this (hopefully) and get a real hobby.

I've said my peace.[/quote]
    People do this with Eddie all the time, and I don't see you complaining. It's just then they say Pearl Jam instead of Stone or whatever. This happens with all musicians. You'll find men, women, and children acting the same way about Bruce Springsteen (who I love) or whatever musician is their preference.
    "Longitudes, latitudes, it's so absurd
    I just need someone to be there for
    I just want someone to be there for
    Someone to be there for me"
    --

"Well, you say it’s bad luck
    To have fallen for me
    Well what can I do to make it good for you
    I’ll call you beautiful if I call at all"

LOL
    :o

Awesome! I love it! haha
    --

To have fallen for me
  • stoneg wrote:
    How much is it? I think I'm going to ask for it for Christmas because I'm sure I can't afford it, but I want it!
    --

To have fallen for me
  • How much is it? I think I'm going to ask for it for Christmas because I'm sure I can't afford it, but I want it!

It's like $51 with shipping, excellent holiday gift to ask for...just send your family and friends the site http://www.tenclub.net/goods/

Don't know if you need to be a member to buy it, I doubt it though.
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    Awww Lisa, take care of yourself sweetie and it will be good to have you back here where you belong, the WEST COAST!! :D *HUGS*

Lydia is on a cruise for a week, so pati and I and everyone else will keep the Stone love/vibe going :)

Stoney related news: I FINALLY heard PJ do THIN AIR @ Bridge School last night for my b-day! :eek: I am STILL trying to grasp that! How can a man write such a beautiful, romantic, poetic song? Seriously, DAMN U STONE!! :p His lyrics kind of remind me of Neil Finn writing, where you are just blown away by their lyrics. They can make a simple line into pure elegance. :)
    Stone knew it was your B-day, and had Ed sing that just for you!!!!
    I got into OR 4:30 today..I'm tired but ready to jump back in and "swim with the salmon" on the boards...I've missed you all!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    MeddleDeal wrote:

MEDDLE!

i totally agree with about this!! there is something VERY FINN-ish about tin air lyrically. it makes me crazy it's so good. it should be illegal.

i hope lydia is having fun!

wheeee!
    take your money and your drugs.
  • bookworm30 wrote:
    Yes, I did and they are amazing. Except there's one close up where the seam of the book cuts right through his face, which made me very sad.:(

I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive, but it's exciting. Too bad about the binding issue, though. I saw people complaining about that on other threads. You think they'd know better than to put a crease in the middle of someone's face! Oh well...I'm sure it's still a lovely book.
    "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" - The Young Ones
  • StoneyHot wrote:
    It's like $51 with shipping, excellent holiday gift to ask for...just send your family and friends the site http://www.tenclub.net/goods/

Thanks. I hope I get it!
    --

To have fallen for me
    StoneyHot wrote:

ooo, another Stoney fan from the Bay Area. SWEET!! I live in Alameda!! So far, it is only me and Lydia who live in Alameda. :) I STILL want to get that 5x1 book SO bad, but alas, I think I will be moving soon.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    yahamita wrote:
    Stone knew it was your B-day, and had Ed sing that just for you!!!!
    I got into OR 4:30 today..I'm tired but ready to jump back in and "swim with the salmon" on the boards...I've missed you all!

haha. yeah I wish! it was very touching hearing that song for the first time live w/PJ! oh yeah! TOTALLY made my b-day!! :D

YEA! i'm glad that you are back sweetie! Get some rest and join the rest of the ponies/bitches here :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Finally given form as an Animal, after two tours and three years of ethereal lurking around. I dedicate this post to the Riffmeister extraordinaire,

!!! STONE GOSSARD !!!

Dude's one rockin' character with one rockin' name.
    Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I’m
    delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
  • Gen5Gen5 Posts: 405
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    ooo, another Stoney fan from the Bay Area. SWEET!! I live in Alameda!! So far, it is only me and Lydia who live in Alameda. :) I STILL want to get that 5x1 book SO bad, but alas, I think I will be moving soon.

=( but you aren't the only ones who live in the Bay Area!!! Don't forget me and B!!!

Yeah, that 5x1 book is gonna have to wait.....sucks but heck it was either that or Bridge for me....I think I picked the right one.....=)
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.myspace.com/poworgen5

www.generationFIVE.org
    Gen5 wrote:
    =( but you aren't the only ones who live in the Bay Area!!! Don't forget me and B!!!

Yeah, that 5x1 book is gonna have to wait.....sucks but heck it was either that or Bridge for me....I think I picked the right one.....=)

yep. so true! sorry about that Pati. :) yep, there are some Stoney Ponies around the Bay Area! :D

*sighs* oh Bridge School, what a GREAT time I had w/you girl!! And finally, the duckman is growing out his hair! And what a beaut black guitar he has now. :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • I'm so glad to hear all you ponies had such a fab time at Bridge!!!

12 days for meeeeee!!!

2006 Tour
    10/11 Brisbane
    13/11 Melbourne
    14/11 Melbourne
    16/11 Melbourne
    19/11 Newcastle
    25/11 Perth

I'm so glad to hear all you ponies had such a fab time at Bridge!!!

12 days for meeeeee!!!

YA! I am SO excited for you!! hey, you might get stoney to sing again;) He hasn't sung Don't Gimmie No Lip since his b-day! I have a feeling he might sing again for the Australian tour :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Oh MeddleDeal......I would LOVE this !!!

I would literally loose it - laughing, crying, singing "Don't Gimmie No Lip" (even a bit of Mankind would be lovely) with the MAN himself, ooooh getting butterflys just thinking about it!!!!!

C'mon Stoney, bust out a tune for the Aussie Pony "Sammie" !!!!!!!

Luv ya's all xx

2006 Tour
    10/11 Brisbane
    13/11 Melbourne
    14/11 Melbourne
    16/11 Melbourne
    19/11 Newcastle
    25/11 Perth

• Bridge was so awesome... the 8-song PJ sets didn't matter given the great line-up of other bands and excellent performances of each artist. It was a really special weekend <sigh> and last week was a total comedown but I think I'll be okay :rolleyes: :D
    I have the memories of Parachutes on night one and Gone on night two... most blissful!
    Found out some friends are going to some Aussie shows and then Hawaii... I'm soooo envious :)
    ... wish the world could go again with love ...
  • Bridge was so awesome... the 8-song PJ sets didn't matter given the great line-up of other bands and excellent performances of each artist. It was a really special weekend <sigh> and last week was a total comedown but I think I'll be okay :rolleyes: :D
    I have the memories of Parachutes on night one and Gone on night two... most blissful!
    Found out some friends are going to some Aussie shows and then Hawaii... I'm soooo envious :)

Wow, it really sounds like it was amazing. And Parachutes!*sigh*
  • Glad everyone had a blast at Bridge!
    --

To have fallen for me
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    yep. so true! sorry about that Pati. :) yep, there are some Stoney Ponies around the Bay Area! :D

*sighs* oh Bridge School, what a GREAT time I had w/you girl!! And finally, the duckman is growing out his hair! And what a beaut black guitar he has now. :)
    OMG!!! Did you say growing out his hair!! What have I missed??? *sighs*

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    YA! I am SO excited for you!! hey, you might get stoney to sing again;) He hasn't sung Don't Gimmie No Lip since his b-day! I have a feeling he might sing again for the Australian tour :D

I've got a feeling, a feeling deep in side, oh yea!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-