Love for Stone Gossard Thread

Comments

• They need to tour in the U.S. again...soon!!
    "Longitudes, latitudes, it's so absurd
    I just need someone to be there for
    I just want someone to be there for
    Someone to be there for me"
    --

"Well, you say it’s bad luck
    To have fallen for me
    Well what can I do to make it good for you
    I’ll call you beautiful if I call at all"
  • Stoney Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Alpine Valley 06-13-99 [EV-Solo]
    Alpine Valley 10-8-00 (The Icebowl)
    Chicago 05-16-06, 05-17-06
    Lollapalooza 08-05-07
    Chicago 08-22-08 [EV Solo]
    Chicago 08-23-09, 08-24-09
    Chicago 06-28-11, 06-29-11 [EV Solo]
    PJ20 Alpine Valley 09-03-11, 09-04-11
    Wrigley Field 07-19-13
    Wrigley Field 08-20-16, 08-22-16
  • Gen5Gen5 Posts: 405
    They need to tour in the U.S. again...soon!!

I agree....STAT..........Man, we are spoiled with this band.....hahahahahahahah
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.myspace.com/poworgen5

www.generationFIVE.org
  • About Stone....he's such a dude...always seemed to be nice and calm...he's born on 20th of July...just as my brother...it may sound stupid but that makes me feel very friendly about him...I mean about my brother :))
  • Stone is da man. The backbone of Pearl Jam. As importnant to PJ as Edge is to U2. He has written some of the best rock riffs in rock history. Stone is da man.
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    Stone is da man. The backbone of Pearl Jam. As importnant to PJ as Edge is to U2. He has written some of the best rock riffs in rock history. Stone is da man.

I like the way you think! I have been saying that since 2003! Without him, there would be NO PEARL JAM!! I know it took something sad, as Andy's death, for him to continue on with music. With his demos, we would have never heard what was meant to be:)
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
    Yieldy wrote:
    About Stone....he's such a dude...always seemed to be nice and calm...he's born on 20th of July...just as my brother...it may sound stupid but that makes me feel very friendly about him...I mean about my brother :))

awww that is sweet! Welcome to the NEVER ENDING praise for Stone Yieldy! :D Enjoy your stay:)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Welcome! We adore Stone!
    The more I see the less I know for sure. - John Lennon
  • yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    You just really seem to want to slam people because they like someone's musicianship. And the last I checked, Stone wasn't complaining!! (Got it?)

You want to come on this board and rag on a few people but yet there are Thousands who make that beeline for his side of the stage, so please don't get THAT twisted. This is an APPRECIATION thread, luv, if you can't do that with some respect to others then step aside. (got it?)

Stone doesn't complain b/c you're a paying customer as are thousands of others.

Let it roll off your back, if you don't think my points are valid.

Accept that there are times when this thread is like walking into the Grease movie teenager's bedroom with slumber party girls rolling around on beds, pretending to be women.
    Here though- it's women pretending to be teenagers! (?)
    I'm allowed to say "This is disturbing."

Alas, birds of a feather flock together.

Someday you'll grow out of this (hopefully) and get a real hobby.

I've said my peace.[/quote]

whats the problem with a bunch of grown/mature woman wanting to act like teenagers again for just a few days/weeks out of the year?!?!?! It's called vacation, and what better way to spend this time than with the friends and a band that you love??? It's not like we are up front and flashing the band like some groupies!!! We are professional working women by day, positive thinking/loving women when were not working...feel the love!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • yahamita wrote:

Accept that there are times when this thread is like walking into the Grease movie teenager's bedroom with slumber party girls rolling around on beds, pretending to be women.

I've said my peace.

whats the problem with a bunch of grown/mature woman wanting to act like teenagers again for just a few days/weeks out of the year?!?!?! It's called vacation, and what better way to spend this time than with the friends and a band that you love??? It's not like we are up front and flashing the band like some groupies!!! We are professional working women by day, positive thinking/loving women when were not working...feel the love![/quote]

Well said Lisa!

Did u notice Zanne agreed with Good Ole Days? Whats with that!?!?! I thought she felt the love in San Fran.

Anyways I couldn't agree with you more my friend.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • yahamita wrote:

I've said my peace.

whats the problem with a bunch of grown/mature woman wanting to act like teenagers again for just a few days/weeks out of the year?!?!?! It's called vacation, and what better way to spend this time than with the friends and a band that you love??? It's not like we are up front and flashing the band like some groupies!!! We are professional working women by day, positive thinking/loving women when were not working...feel the love![/quote]

Well said, Yahamita!
    ~~The sea will rise, please stand by the shore~~
    ~~~~Oh I will be, I will be there once more~~~~

2006 Tour
    10/11 Brisbane
    13/11 Melbourne
    14/11 Melbourne
    16/11 Melbourne
    19/11 Newcastle
    25/11 Perth

Hall-le-lu-jah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • yahamita wrote:
    I've got a feeling, a feeling deep in side, oh yea!

OMG 6 days to go!!! Am starting to have PJ dreams again.....dreamt a freakin fantastic version of Don't Gimmie No Lip....in the finest STONEY fashion we know and LOVE so much!!!

Could this be a preminition?

Ohh just too damn excited :)
    ~~The sea will rise, please stand by the shore~~
    ~~~~Oh I will be, I will be there once more~~~~

2006 Tour
    10/11 Brisbane
    13/11 Melbourne
    14/11 Melbourne
    16/11 Melbourne
    19/11 Newcastle
    25/11 Perth

Hall-le-lu-jah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hey Poneys....

Once I have Patti's email address I have the most unbelievable story to share with you guys...Has this NOT be an unbelievable year???? The weird, overwhelming, amount of blessings and things related to this band that have happened to me this year...WEll, I just had another one happen to me that I can only share with the few of you that share this "wave" with me....OMG!!!!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Gen5Gen5 Posts: 405
    yahamita wrote:
    Hey Poneys....

Once I have Patti's email address I have the most unbelievable story to share with you guys...Has this NOT be an unbelievable year???? The weird, overwhelming, amount of blessings and things related to this band that have happened to me this year...WEll, I just had another one happen to me that I can only share with the few of you that share this "wave" with me....OMG!!!!

email sent......=)
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.myspace.com/poworgen5

www.generationFIVE.org
  • yahamita wrote:
    Hey Poneys....

OMG I can't wait to hear this story too. I sent my e-mail earlier!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Gen5 wrote:
    I agree....STAT..........Man, we are spoiled with this band.....hahahahahahahah
    And then I'll finally get to see them. :)
    --

To have fallen for me
  • Story?! Can I hear about it too?! :)
    --

To have fallen for me
    And then I'll finally get to see them. :)

yeah you will Kelly! you will see them SOON! :D remember, to believe in miracles;)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • I haven't been here in a while but I just wanted to give a Love Bump to the thread!
    The more I see the less I know for sure. - John Lennon
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Good thing you did there bookworm30. :D
    I haven't been here in awhile either and I've missed it. *HUGS everyone* There was some ugliness in here for awhile but I'm happy to see that's it's back to love and a positive flow. It's as it should be!

Well Bridge (of course) was absolute heaven. :o I only went to SAT though and you best believe seeing THIN AIR pop up on SUNDAY's set nearly hospitalized me. :eek: :p haha. SAT show though...PICTURE IN A FRAME & PARACHUTES were definitely the highlights for me! PARACHUTES!? *faints* Anytime it makes an appearance I'm in the clouds. We all knew they had to play this immaculate gem. It would have been wrong not to. Even so, I still cannot get over this song and never ever will. It sounded more gorgeous than ever too!!!!! Somehow that's possible??? I don't know...this band is just outta control like that. I noticed that Stoney busted out his beeeeeeeeeautiful black acoustic guitar. Wow! That thing is amazing! :o

I found these on the web.
    Side stage during Trent's set (which by the way was one of the most mind-blowing things I had ever experienced!!Holy crap!)

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/PJ/godfathersBridge2.jpg
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/PJ/FriendssidestageBridge.jpg

And here's a very very nice shot...also from Bridge....

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/PJ/pjset3_39.jpg

Awwwwwwww! :)

Also, I know not everyone has seen this so I wanted to post it. The global warming commercial from MTV starring the THE DREAM TEAM. :) Pushing young adults to be active in something. These incredible men are true inspirations on so many levels...

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=154...t/videos.jhtml

Oooo and my little SammieBlack! Your shows are SOOOOOOO damn soon!! :D
    I'm beyond excited for you!
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    I found these on the web.
    Side stage during Trent's set (which by the way was one of the most mind-blowing things I had ever experienced!!Holy crap!)

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/PJ/godfathersBridge2.jpg

hehe. have you send THAT picture to Jazzy?! I know she would LOVE that! :D Very cool that Stone, Jeff and Dave Matthews were checking out Trent's set. Just like the rest of us, it HAD to be watched!

but back on Stone...didn't we predict they would do Parachutes?! I mean, 'parachutes, duh?' :p haha. But yeah, hearing Thin Air....OMG!! parachutes AND Thin Air back-to-back nights. :eek: Still TOO much for me to handle right here people!!

and Sammie, we are ALL very excited for your upcoming show. YIPEE!! Sending u positive vibes so Stone can sing for you :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • oh no no no no no this thread musn't scroll away :eek: no no no :eek:

certainly not with all the Aussie Stoney Love that's going on right now... I sure hope everyone is having a good time at those shows.
    So many more shows to come too!! And here I am stuck in my dining room with a stupid cat on my lap <sigh> :D

And yeah memories of Bridge are still front and center in my mind too. It was such an overwhelming weekend, esp being my first time, and I just keep remembering wonderful moments of that experience. My photos were shit but there are some great pics on Getty Images... esp of my boyfriend Trent ;)

AND HEY... don't forget to check every few days for Kerensa's tour photos on the 10C site... she's put up some really cool ones!!
    ... wish the world could go again with love ...
  • oh no no no no no this thread musn't scroll away :eek: no no no :eek:

certainly not with all the Aussie Stoney Love that's going on right now... I sure hope everyone is having a good time at those shows.
    So many more shows to come too!! And here I am stuck in my dining room with a stupid cat on my lap <sigh> :D

And yeah memories of Bridge are still front and center in my mind too. It was such an overwhelming weekend, esp being my first time, and I just keep remembering wonderful moments of that experience. My photos were shit but there are some great pics on Getty Images... esp of my boyfriend Trent ;)

AND HEY... don't forget to check every few days for Kerensa's tour photos on the 10C site... she's put up some really cool ones!!

i'll be seeing my first pj gig tomorrow night... :eek:

can't wait to see stone in person!! :D

the photos are awesome :)
    wah
  • Did everybody see this?
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=222771

Aww! he's gonna be a daddy. Hell, they're all gonna be daddies now (except Jeff.)
    "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" - The Young Ones
  • Did everybody see this?
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=222771

Aww! he's gonna be a daddy. Hell, they're all gonna be daddies now (except Jeff.)

haha beat me to it once again. :D

Congrats to the duckman!! I'm sure he'll be a great daddy!

I've already texted Lydia. hahaha

I just read that in the other thread! WOW!...*Mouth has dropped to the floor"

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191

i texted her late last night. she freaked. shocker. ;)
    take your money and your drugs.
  • grace6697 wrote:

aww man I really am slow today hehehehe.
    I'm not surprised at the reacton tho.
    Wonder if Liz is due anytime around Nadia?
    grace6697 wrote:

Me and Pati were getting ready to go home and she comes up to us and told us the first text you sent her 'guess who is going to be a daddy?' and she came running down the stairs and scared Pati when she came up to the car. :p hahaha We got the 2nd text when Pati was dropping me off at home! Crazy! But Congrats to Stone!! :D Now him and Mikey will FINALLY get to give their thousands of guitars to their offspring :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Hey, it's nice to see that my photos from the Bridge made it over here! I was watching Stone & Jeff thru the binocs watching the other acts. At one point, Jeff looked at me, rolled his eyes and shook his head. I was certainly paying much attention to Trent Reznor at the same time! I have an amazing photo of him too...I'll put it in my Bridge album, then post the link here - in the next day or so...
    be philanthropic