Love for Stone Gossard Thread

Comments

• MeddleDeal wrote:
    yeah you will Kelly! you will see them SOON! :D remember, to believe in miracles;)
    And one day I'll see them with you guys! Have to get the Stoney group together. :D
    "Longitudes, latitudes, it's so absurd
    I just need someone to be there for
    I just want someone to be there for
    Someone to be there for me"
    --

"Well, you say it’s bad luck
    To have fallen for me
    Well what can I do to make it good for you
    I’ll call you beautiful if I call at all"
  • VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Good thing you did there bookworm30. :D
    I haven't been here in awhile either and I've missed it. *HUGS everyone* There was some ugliness in here for awhile but I'm happy to see that's it's back to love and a positive flow. It's as it should be!

Well Bridge (of course) was absolute heaven. :o I only went to SAT though and you best believe seeing THIN AIR pop up on SUNDAY's set nearly hospitalized me. :eek: :p haha. SAT show though...PICTURE IN A FRAME & PARACHUTES were definitely the highlights for me! PARACHUTES!? *faints* Anytime it makes an appearance I'm in the clouds. We all knew they had to play this immaculate gem. It would have been wrong not to. Even so, I still cannot get over this song and never ever will. It sounded more gorgeous than ever too!!!!! Somehow that's possible??? I don't know...this band is just outta control like that. I noticed that Stoney busted out his beeeeeeeeeautiful black acoustic guitar. Wow! That thing is amazing! :o

I found these on the web.
    Side stage during Trent's set (which by the way was one of the most mind-blowing things I had ever experienced!!Holy crap!)

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/PJ/godfathersBridge2.jpg
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/PJ/FriendssidestageBridge.jpg

And here's a very very nice shot...also from Bridge....

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/PJ/pjset3_39.jpg

Awwwwwwww! :)

Also, I know not everyone has seen this so I wanted to post it. The global warming commercial from MTV starring the THE DREAM TEAM. :) Pushing young adults to be active in something. These incredible men are true inspirations on so many levels...

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=154...t/videos.jhtml

Oooo and my little SammieBlack! Your shows are SOOOOOOO damn soon!! :D
    I'm beyond excited for you!
    Thanks! I love these pics.
    --

To have fallen for me
  • yahamita wrote:
    I just read that in the other thread! WOW!...*Mouth has dropped to the floor"
    Same here, same here.

Congrats to Stone though. I can still dream. That's all it was anyway. lol Plus, as long as we still get great music, tours, and Stone to look at all is well.
    --

To have fallen for me
  • Sammie,

Wow! :D That all sounds so amazing, and you sound so happy. I don't think it can get much better than that. And the story about Stone with the coin. Hahaha. Hilarious.
    --

To have fallen for me
  • lilingerlilinger Posts: 475
    For all the Ponies loving Mr. Stone Gossard:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcrQdTDSPJo

Enjoy...yourself! :p
    I am forever grateful to this band for giving us their ALL every single night and offering me such a wonderful gift - MUSIC, music that allows me to feel all that I want to feel, music that makes me strong in times of weakness, music that gives me joy in times of sorrow - SammieBlack
  • Gen5Gen5 Posts: 405
    OMG Sammie!!!!!! I love your reviews!!!!! That's so cool that you got to go to more shows!!!! PJ people looking out for ya!!!! YAY!!! I was hoping you were at the Adelaide shows but knowing you went to Newcastle is AWESOME!!!! And that Stone/coin story is priceless....I mean, we know the man will sing again but who knows if he will play the coin game again!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...........You got a "very" special Stone show!!!! heheheheheheheh......

And those setlists are unreal!!! Really happy for you Sammie!!!
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.myspace.com/poworgen5

www.generationFIVE.org
  • yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    lilinger wrote:
    For all the Ponies loving Mr. Stone Gossard:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcrQdTDSPJo

Enjoy...yourself! :p
    Damn, he looked great at 34!..
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
    yahamita wrote:
    Damn, he looked great at 34!..

What should I say...? ;)
    I am forever grateful to this band for giving us their ALL every single night and offering me such a wonderful gift - MUSIC, music that allows me to feel all that I want to feel, music that makes me strong in times of weakness, music that gives me joy in times of sorrow - SammieBlack
  • PERTH!!!!

Got myself to Perth after scoring a spare 10C seat - Aussie PJ peeps are awesome!! After a 4 hour plane trip arrived in sunny (quite warm Perth)
    Caught up with one of the boys and decided to zoom down to Scarborough (one of the best beaches in Aust, let alone the world!!!)
    Anyway, we are wandering around the beach and WHO I ask you WHO do we see.....?????????
    STONEY - OMFG!!!!!!!!!! He was walking right towards us off the beach!
    I went to jelly and my mate said, "you've got to say Hi Sammie" so I just turned to him and said
    "Hi Stone" (smiling like a madman by the way!)
    HE WAS SOOOOOO NICE, he says
    "Hey, how are you guys doin'?" he came right up to me and shook my hand ****melts and stares into his eyes*** he was smililng at me!!!!!!!
    (he is quite a 'close talker' too!)
    Anyway he asked us if we'd enjoyed the tour and we said YES and THANKYOU so much and to the rest of the band
    .....then my mate says "have a good show tonight" and STONE says
    "hey man, thanks, last show of the tour, WE HOPE WE CAN GET IT UP FOR YOU GUYS!!!!!" he said this laughing with the most cheeky look on his face and Brad and I cracked up.....then he just waved and said BYE!!!!!

I could not have been happier after this..........but wait there is more.......
    ~~The sea will rise, please stand by the shore~~
    ~~~~Oh I will be, I will be there once more~~~~

2006 Tour
    10/11 Brisbane
    13/11 Melbourne
    14/11 Melbourne
    16/11 Melbourne
    19/11 Newcastle
    25/11 Perth

Hall-le-lu-jah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • OMG Sammie, that is sooo great! Your experience has been so incredible to read! You shook the BOSSMAN's hand?! I'm so happy for you and can't wait to hear the rest!
    The more I see the less I know for sure. - John Lennon
  • Sammie, your stories are awesome, especially the one on the beach. It's so amazing that you got to meet him. So he's a 'close talker' huh? I think there was a Seinfeld episode about that once. Maybe it was a 'soft talker' I dunno. Anyway, did you say there is more to the story? Please do tell...
    "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" - The Young Ones
  • o.k....so we've met Stone (and how wonderful it was!!!!) Brad & I are hugging in a 16-year-old-jumping-up-and-down-kind-of-way, then we decide to head back to Perth city to get ready for the show......as we are walking up the path to get a taxi we see MIKE coming our way with a boogie board under one arm and his wife on the other (she is so cute!)......
    So it was Brad's turn to say HI, which he did and we had a quick chat with Mike - he said they were all rushing as they had to leave for the venue in an hour or so to be there in time for sound check.....but he and his wife were very nice, smiling and saying Thanks to us - more like THANKS to them!!!

So in the space of 10 mins we had met the two best guitarists in the WHOLE FREAKING WORLD!!!!! We could not stop smiling and my legs felt like jelly for most of the day - I will live with those memories etched in my mind forever :)

So off to the Perth gig.....held at a football stadium, when we walked in and saw the set up it was quite breathtaking !! I managed to get in 2nd row, dead centre!!! Best seats of the tour!!!!
    Highlights were : In Hiding - Brad my mate had a sign and Ed said they were playing this as per a request from here...as he pointed to our row (a little off from where Brad was standing but still it was for him!!!) A very moving Daughter (Ed seemed very homesick at this point) an AMAZING Black with do do do do do's going for ages and Ed sitting at the front of the stage with the mic pointed at us just feeling the emotion of the crowd (I was almost crying!!!!)
    Ed proposed to a girl in the crowd for her boyfriend whom he'd met - HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE???? which took us into the best Throw Your Arms Around Me I have ever heard *****tingles up and down my spine - just lovely****

The show ended on a great note with Ed pointing at all of us in the first few rows saying that he appreciates how we have come to see them so much and supported the tour (to that effect anyway) - I was waving to STONE, then he looked over at me and it was like he remembered me from earlier (I didn't change my top, just in case!) because he smiled, pointed straight at me and waved (such a cute, open and close hand kind of wave) it was so nice, words cannot describe!!!

All the boys took their bows and then they kicked 4 Aussie Rules Footy's into the crowd....one of the peeps from the larger posse caught one......OMG they were signed by the entire band - JUST AWESOME!!!!!!

So to all of you who have read my posts here I hope you have been able to feel, through my words, that incredible feeling you feel when you are on tour with this marvellous band.......I know that when I was reading all your reviews leading up to November, it kept me inspired and excited and I really felt the joy through you all......this was my hope for you!!!!

Eventhough it's over and the emptiness of knowing I have just had the best two weeks of my life ever is upon me!!! - I am forever grateful to this band for giving us their ALL every single night and offering me such a wonderful gift - MUSIC, music that allows me to feel all that I want to feel, music that makes me strong in times of weakness, music that gives me joy in times of sorrow (joy at anytime actually!!!) - I think you know where I am going with this!!!!

I LOVE THIS BAND - to Ed, Stone, Mike, Jeff, Matt & Boom **bows down and thanks you all** may the ride continue for ao many years to come!
    (big props and thanks to the crew who support them too!! great work)

As for the Aussie fans and Ponie peeps right here that I have grow to LOVE ---Thanks for your friendship & support and for just making the 2006 Pearl Jam Tour what is was.....A FREAKING BLAST!!!!!

Peace - Sammie xxxx

2006 Tour
    10/11 Brisbane
    13/11 Melbourne
    14/11 Melbourne
    16/11 Melbourne
    19/11 Newcastle
    25/11 Perth

o.k....so we've met Stone (and how wonderful it was!!!!) Brad & I are hugging in a 16-year-old-jumping-up-and-down-kind-of-way, then we decide to head back to Perth city to get ready for the show......as we are walking up the path to get a taxi we see MIKE coming our way with a boogie board under one arm and his wife on the other (she is so cute!)......
    So it was Brad's turn to say HI, which he did and we had a quick chat with Mike - he said they were all rushing as they had to leave for the venue in an hour or so to be there in time for sound check.....but he and his wife were very nice, smiling and saying Thanks to us - more like THANKS to them!!!

So in the space of 10 mins we had met the two best guitarists in the WHOLE FREAKING WORLD!!!!! We could not stop smiling and my legs felt like jelly for most of the day - I will live with those memories etched in my mind forever :)

So off to the Perth gig.....held at a football stadium, when we walked in and saw the set up it was quite breathtaking !! I managed to get in 2nd row, dead centre!!! Best seats of the tour!!!!
    Highlights were : In Hiding - Brad my mate had a sign and Ed said they were playing this as per a request from here...as he pointed to our row (a little off from where Brad was standing but still it was for him!!!) A very moving Daughter (Ed seemed very homesick at this point) an AMAZING Black with do do do do do's going for ages and Ed sitting at the front of the stage with the mic pointed at us just feeling the emotion of the crowd (I was almost crying!!!!)
    Ed proposed to a girl in the crowd for her boyfriend whom he'd met - HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE???? which took us into the best Throw Your Arms Around Me I have ever heard *****tingles up and down my spine - just lovely****

The show ended on a great note with Ed pointing at all of us in the first few rows saying that he appreciates how we have come to see them so much and supported the tour (to that effect anyway) - I was waving to STONE, then he looked over at me and it was like he remembered me from earlier (I didn't change my top, just in case!) because he smiled, pointed straight at me and waved (such a cute, open and close hand kind of wave) it was so nice, words cannot describe!!!

All the boys took their bows and then they kicked 4 Aussie Rules Footy's into the crowd....one of the peeps from the larger posse caught one......OMG they were signed by the entire band - JUST AWESOME!!!!!!

So to all of you who have read my posts here I hope you have been able to feel, through my words, that incredible feeling you feel when you are on tour with this marvellous band.......I know that when I was reading all your reviews leading up to November, it kept me inspired and excited and I really felt the joy through you all......this was my hope for you!!!!

Eventhough it's over and the emptiness of knowing I have just had the best two weeks of my life ever is upon me!!! - I am forever grateful to this band for giving us their ALL every single night and offering me such a wonderful gift - MUSIC, music that allows me to feel all that I want to feel, music that makes me strong in times of weakness, music that gives me joy in times of sorrow (joy at anytime actually!!!) - I think you know where I am going with this!!!!

I LOVE THIS BAND - to Ed, Stone, Mike, Jeff, Matt & Boom **bows down and thanks you all** may the ride continue for ao many years to come!

As for the Aussie fans and Ponie peeps right here that I have grow to LOVE ---Thanks for your friendship & support and for just making the 2006 Pearl Jam Tour what is was.....A FREAKING BLAST!!!!!

Peace - Sammie xxxx

I guess I know what u mean :)

...and that Black in Vienna made me cry...

...and last but not least let me use your words in my signature...that's exactly what I feel from the first time I heard Ten...
    o.k....so we've met Stone (and how wonderful it was!!!!) Brad & I are hugging in a 16-year-old-jumping-up-and-down-kind-of-way, then we decide to head back to Perth city to get ready for the show......as we are walking up the path to get a taxi we see MIKE coming our way with a boogie board under one arm and his wife on the other (she is so cute!)......

Peace - Sammie xxxx
    Sammie reminds me of us on the West Coast tour..I got to shake Stones hand, and Mikes and meet Jeff..Reading your reviews has put a huge smile back on my face..Oh, the memories..We were the QUEENS of the West!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • stone >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the rest of the world

:D
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    And one day I'll see them with you guys! Have to get the Stoney group together. :D

oh DEFINITELY Kelly! :D There is ALWAYS next tour;)
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn

Peace - Sammie xxxx

aww. i'm touched Sammie that we inspired you to be excited about your shows (even though you were excited enough) thank U Sammie for sharing your stories to us all. And can you believe this? you got the songs you wanted and you got CROWN of THORNS too?! that is very touching!! I LOVE reading your reviews and each one makes me feel as if I was there. I am SO glad that you met the Gossman in the flesh and also Mikey!! That is TOO cool!! Reading what you experienced reminded me of my first shows back in 2003, one show after another, life changing experiences w/the fans and the band. You can never go back, but you can relive them through the boots and memories :D

and also, he waved at you at the show...that is TOO cool! He remembers you!! that rocks!! WOW! :eek: You see, Stone recognizes me and Lydi back in 2003 w/our Stone signs that we take everywhere. So he does remember people!

and people, SEE, Stone is a NICE guy to his fans!! He is NOT an asshole! :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • stone >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the rest of the world

:D

*giggles*
    wah
  • PERTH!!!!

Got myself to Perth after scoring a spare 10C seat - Aussie PJ peeps are awesome!! After a 4 hour plane trip arrived in sunny (quite warm Perth)
    Caught up with one of the boys and decided to zoom down to Scarborough (one of the best beaches in Aust, let alone the world!!!)
    Anyway, we are wandering around the beach and WHO I ask you WHO do we see.....?????????
    STONEY - OMFG!!!!!!!!!! He was walking right towards us off the beach!
    I went to jelly and my mate said, "you've got to say Hi Sammie" so I just turned to him and said
    "Hi Stone" (smiling like a madman by the way!)
    HE WAS SOOOOOO NICE, he says
    "Hey, how are you guys doin'?" he came right up to me and shook my hand ****melts and stares into his eyes*** he was smililng at me!!!!!!!
    (he is quite a 'close talker' too!)
    Anyway he asked us if we'd enjoyed the tour and we said YES and THANKYOU so much and to the rest of the band
    .....then my mate says "have a good show tonight" and STONE says
    "hey man, thanks, last show of the tour, WE HOPE WE CAN GET IT UP FOR YOU GUYS!!!!!" he said this laughing with the most cheeky look on his face and Brad and I cracked up.....then he just waved and said BYE!!!!!

I could not have been happier after this..........but wait there is more.......
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No way!

That is amazing. Awesome, awesome encounter. :D What a cool guy.
    --

To have fallen for me
  • MeddleDeal wrote:
    oh DEFINITELY Kelly! :D There is ALWAYS next tour;)
    :D:D

Oh, and Sammie, your stories are great. I'm smiling like a big fool in the computer lab. :D
    --

To have fallen for me
    Sammie, you are TOO awesome!! YEA for one of us meeting Stoney! I STILL can't get over that you met the Gossman himself :D ROCK ON! And when you tell your stories, it is just too cute!! :)

and I know I can NEVER get sick and tired of this pic! :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/pixiesdeal/Pearl%20Jam%20Pics/STONEY.jpg

YEA Team STONE! :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Hello !!!!
    I'm glad to hear my stories gave some of you a smile.

I have a slight post tour depression thing going on at the moment, but nothing that a full 'Australian Bootleg Fiesta' won't fix......

Oceans in Hawaii...I knew it!!!!! (would have LOVED to hear this!)

TEAM STONE - YEAH, I love that MeddleDeal........!!!!

May the STONEY / PJ love keep flowing here until we all meet them again!!!

2006 Tour
    10/11 Brisbane
    13/11 Melbourne
    14/11 Melbourne
    16/11 Melbourne
    19/11 Newcastle
    25/11 Perth

• stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Peace,Love and Stone!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    I feel like getting *STONED*

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • I've been so busy lately, but not too busy to post my total love and admiration for the one and only BOSSMAN! For the love of STONE!!!!:D
    The more I see the less I know for sure. - John Lennon
    BUMP for Stone!! :D

I found this from the Bridge School 2006 show, first night:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/pixiesdeal/Pearl%20Jam%20Pics/Bridge%20School%202006/stoneybridge2006.jpg

i hope all the Ponies/Bitches are having a great day! :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • ReleasHReleasH Posts: 743
    Been obsessed with Stone since the beginning. He is pure and simply a genius, and I love the adorable "geek cute" thing he has going. To cure my tour withdrawal, I made my computer screen-saver into a slide show of Stone pics. Just wish that I could get some of the Stone pics from the Lance Mercer 5x1 book, especially the one of Stoney in aviators and him smoking his cigar.
  • Replied to thread few months ago and just wanted to update everyone... Nothing's changed, Stone is still the reason I listen to PJ
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side
    I am right by your side...
  • I know I am just repeating what everyone has said but Stone really is an amazing musician and just a great guy! He has written some of my favourite PJ songs so lets keep this thread going
  • what's goin' on, ponies? Hope everyone had a good holiday. It looks like we've all been busy lately. I'm not really sure what to say so ...just for shits and giggles...
    http://www.strangesttribe.com/images/gallery/00-04/funkyhat.jpg
    "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" - The Young Ones