Love for Stone Gossard Thread

Comments

• HEY PONIES - IT'S ME!
    My week of PEARL JAM has begun....and I am the happiest girl in the world right now!!!! Hey VedHead, I've missed ya!
    Well as promised my summary of the show (Bris 1) is here (as per Fanviews with a few little extras for u all !!)

WHAT A SHOW! The crowd was buzzing as we all filed in to our seats - my Dad and I were up on the side (Mike's) 3rd row and they were great - Thanks 10C couldn't have asked for more given my number 394XXX!

Corduroy to open just got me spinning - "the waiting drove me mad" described my feelings completely and once I started bouncing and singing from the very first note I did not stop, I couldn't stop even if I wanted to because the VIBE of the crowd and the band was just SO AWESOME!

All the new stuff went OFF which was GREAT! Faithfull was such a lovely surprise. Betterman with the crowd doing the first verse to the chorus...Ed looked like he wasn't sure at first but gave us a chance and we delivered - Ed kicked it at the chours with a huge smile on his face - he was so happy with the crowd, could not stop thanking us - I am so glad for this - Thanks Brissy crowds, being from Melbourne I was worried after the Sydney SHIT but Thanks so much..... YOU GUYS ROCK!

Bit of Lukin action - just love it and Ed's standard description just before it -"Here's a sing-a-long" I JUST WENT NUTS!
    Then I was so STOKED - they did JEREMY which is my Dad's fav song he went off and was so happy......I kept thinking to myself "shit, can this get any better"

YES IT COULD - RVM, FUCK YEAH - I nearly fell off the balcony from bouncing and singing so much - my throat was already raspy and my face hurt from smiling so much!!!!!

Encore 1 - what can I say, have a look at it people, it blew my mind!!! Off He Goes and Parachutes were just beautiful - Ed started Parachutes by saying something along the lines of he was thinking, given the crowd that this one will be appreciated, written by our very own Stone Gossard! YES my heart was pounding - PARACHUTES how magnificent is this song live *flowing with joy over the words of our man STONE*
    followed up by Given to Fly, DTE and GO - WTF!!!! KILL ME NOW AND I WILL DIE HAPPY!!!!!!!

Encore 2 - WAKE ME UP I'M DREAMING....SOLAT!!! OMG! BLACK..my fav song (didn't think they'd play it) and with a "we didn't belong together" tag, never heard this before.......just brilliant!!!!

So at this point Dad and I are saying to eachother, this must be it....NO NO NO we get ALIVE, RITFW and Yellow Ledbetter - I MUST BE IN HEAVEN!!!

It's hard to find words worthy enough for this show - I LOVE PJ so much it hurts and all I kept thinking after it finished was - I HAVE THREE MORE NIGHTS OF THIS!!!!! YEAH.

Matt was insane - Even Flow drum solo - my Dad tapped me on the shoulder saying the thought his arms were going to come off...he was is awe watching him!!!!

Ed's voice was a little sore by the sounds of it and a few times he looked sort of worried with it - but in true Ed fashion he continued to belt them out with all that he had...THANKS ED, THIS IS WHY WE LOVE YA MATE!

Now for our man STONEY - he was doing some sweet rockin' smiling and nodding his head with some mighty fine facial expressions!......ripped out a crazy sort of 'robot' thing with his arms during one song that had me laughing.....he was feeling it baby!!!
    Crazy circles during GO (I think), jamming hard with Mike and Jeff facing Matt - it was so amazing to see live!!!! Gave full over head claps to the crowd, pointing and thanking us all....

Mike - well what can I say! and Jeff 'the guy who may have saved the world' (get the boot and this will make sense) just as great as always, Boom - good stuff!!!!

At one point when Ed was talking about Australians being so proud he looked over our side and I threw my arms up (and I noticed not many had theirs up but were clapping) anyway did the double PEACE sign with my fingers and he waved and smiled straight over our way!!! I am going to hope/pretend whatever, that he did that right at ME!!!!

Anyway, to my Melbourne pals, get some sleep and be ready to blow the roof off Rod Laver tonight - I KNOW WE CAN DO IT!!!!!

So my friends, I am off again tonight, tomorrow and Thursday, will get here as soon as I can to give you my thoughts and know that all of you are with me there in spirit - I'll be ROCKIN' out enough for all of you!!!

xxSammiexx
    ~~The sea will rise, please stand by the shore~~
    ~~~~Oh I will be, I will be there once more~~~~

2006 Tour
    10/11 Brisbane
    13/11 Melbourne
    14/11 Melbourne
    16/11 Melbourne
    19/11 Newcastle
    25/11 Perth

Hall-le-lu-jah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Did everybody see this?
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=222771

Aww! he's gonna be a daddy. Hell, they're all gonna be daddies now (except Jeff.)

Awww, just read this, hadn't heard.....DADDY's that is so beautiful !

Best wishes of happiness to Stone, Mike and Mummy's!!!!!!

2006 Tour
    10/11 Brisbane
    13/11 Melbourne
    14/11 Melbourne
    16/11 Melbourne
    19/11 Newcastle
    25/11 Perth

• wow,i haven't been here for a long while, so i thought I'd check in, kick this thread back to the first page where it belongs(whatever was it doing on the 8th???!!!????)
    so, hi everybody!
    lots of news for me: stone married and expecting a baby. that's really nice, congrats, just please don't stop making music!
    lots of love
    j.
    -
    "And I listen for the voice inside my head. Nothing. I'll do this one myself."
  • First off, it sounds like everybody had a fantastic time at Bridge last month, which is so awesome. And now they're in Oz and rockin' out with Sammie! Lucky girl! And finally, Stone's gonna be a daddy!!! Yeah! As a parent myself I am so thrilled for him! He's not gonna believe the depth of love he will feel for his child, even though he thinks he's still a kid himself!;)
    For the love of Stone!!:D
    The more I see the less I know for sure. - John Lennon
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    ((SAMMIE)) *HUGS*
    Awwwww I missed you too! Reading your review just brought the BIGGEST smile on my face.:D THANK YOU! That is just too beautiful! Aww you went to the show with your Dad too? That is awesome. How about those seats? Daaaamn! Major score! And Corduroy to open the show? haha. Seriously...how fitting. CHECK YOU OUT..>YOU GOT PARACHUTES AT YOUR FIRST SHOW!!! :eek: *squeals* Wow chick! Woow! And that combo? :OFF HE GOES>>>into>>PARACHUTES!?? Holy god! :o *faints* I'm glad you survived the overload of bliss. haha. I'm also just so glad you had such an amazing experience. And to think...this was only the beginning! You went to Melbourne too!? I get chills just thinking about it! I can't wait to read more of your reviews!! This year truly is THE BEST!

Vedderfan10! Thank you so much for those incredible shots. :)
    Jeff rolled his eyes? haha. Whoa!
    Happenstance...Pati (Gen5) keeps cracking me up cuze she says Stone looks like he's man crushing on Trent in those pics. hahaha.

gracie and Mel...thank YOU so much for those texts!
    What HUGE news!
    A future duckling is upon us! :eek: YAY!
    Stoney = Daddy duck.
    AWWWWWWW!!!!
    Beautiful indeed.
    This is exactly what this world needs! The little one is gonna have THE greatest and THE coolest Daddy on the block...and also one hell of a keen fashion sense. :cool: I'm so exicted for him...and for baby Goss. It's just too sweet. Don't it make ya? :) *sigh* It sure does.

~*SPREAD THE STONEY LOVE*~
    (has a whole new meaning right about now) ;)
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    Oh also...
    for those that missed it....

Ed & Stone SURF MAGAZINE

http://surfingthemag.com/surfing-magazine-features/surfing-currentissue/being-green-directory/

"Lo√e, you know the word

Oh and one more thing...
    haha. See what happens when I don't post here for awhile? :p

I just think this recent pic from Brisbane, taken by the legendary KW, is one of the most gorgeous STONEY shots I've ever seen....

http://pearljam.com/i/tourphotos/20061110/2.jpg

It's so radiant. :o Looks like an oil paining almost.
    Absolutely lovely.

"Lo√e, you know the word

• MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Oh also...
    for those that missed it....

Ed & Stone SURF MAGAZINE

http://surfingthemag.com/surfing-magazine-features/surfing-currentissue/being-green-directory/

I never seen that picture before...that is TOO cool!! Eddie and Stoney together! :D

Sammie, I am glad that you had a GREAT time w/your dad at your FIRST EVER PJ show!! WOHOHOOO! Congrats on getting Parachutes at your first show! I know I would've freaked out too! ;) When I read your review, (which is wonderful btw), it reminded me of my first PJ show, which was not too long ago in 2003 in San Antonio, TX. Like you, I got a Stoney composition as well...OF THE GIRL!! :eek: So I know how you must have felt hearing Parachutes live and other songs that you wanted to hear live. Glad you had a great time at your show. Looking forward from hearing back from you about the 3 other shows :p Keep on rockin' Sammie!! :)

and everyone else, I don't think this pic has been posted b/f, but I thought I would share it with you all. This comes from the The Gorge 2 boot pics, I think it is cool that there are a lot more of Stone/Eddie shots :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/pixiesdeal/Pearl%20Jam%20Pics/Gorge%2007%2023%2006/DSC_0053.jpg
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:

This is exactly what this world needs! The little one is gonna have THE greatest and THE coolest Daddy on the block...and also one hell of a keen fashion sense. :cool: I'm so exicted for him...and for baby Goss. It's just too sweet. Don't it make ya? :) *sigh* It sure does.

~*SPREAD THE STONEY LOVE*~
    (has a whole new meaning right about now) ;)
    Its still a shock though Lyd, you have to admit!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
    haha no doubt about it Lisa. It's STILL very shocking.
    But I'm really damn excited for him...and for the world. :)

Everyone must check out this truly sweet and awesome article. There is SO much beauty in here! From the part that mentions No Woman/No Cry (I still can't believe they played that!! :eek: ) being changed to No Baby/No Cry in dedication of all the new parents! AWWWWWWW! :o To Stoney talking about the band being around for a long long time HELL YES! :D --->(just ignore the less touring part)....to him majorly praising Eddie!!! :) AWWW wow! That just warms me up from head to toe. Soooo sugary sweet!

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,20800714-5006343,00.html

"Lo√e, you know the word

• apparently stoney was singing in adelaide? that would of been sensational
    luv ya stoney
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,707
    Stone seems like such a nice caring man.

I was on Stone's side at Sydney 3 and was watching how relaxed he was compared to the others.

And if the baby is a girl I think they should name her Pebbles.

Only joking.

:p
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• Gen5Gen5 Posts: 405
    E.K wrote:
    Stone seems like such a nice caring man.

I was on Stone's side at Sydney 3 and was watching how relaxed he was compared to the others.

And if the baby is a girl I think they should name her Pebbles.

Only joking.

:p

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA............PEBBLES!!!!!!!!!! Brilliant!!!!!!!
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.myspace.com/poworgen5

www.generationFIVE.org
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,707
    Gen5 wrote:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA............PEBBLES!!!!!!!!!! Brilliant!!!!!!!

haha.. Really? I thought I was going to get slaughtered for that one.

How about Rocky if it's a boy?

:)
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

E.K wrote:
    haha.. Really? I thought I was going to get slaughtered for that one.

How about Rocky if it's a boy?

Slaughtered?? I thought it was funny as hell!!!! You have to have a sense of humor with these things and I think you do.....Rocky...heheheheh....Lil' duck man.....
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.generationFIVE.org
    Did Sammie go to the Adelaide shows as well??? If so do we know if she survived yesterday's concert??????????
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.generationFIVE.org
    Gen5 wrote:
    Did Sammie go to the Adelaide shows as well??? If so do we know if she survived yesterday's concert??????????

I think i recalled that she said she was going to the 3 Melborne shows Pati. I am really hoping that she DID go to Adelaide too! I mean, DAMN! Stone sang AGAIN?! :eek:

Let's see, let's count how many times did Stone sing on this tour 2006, and yet, the tour is STILL not over :D :

05.20.06 Cleveland, OH
    06.03.06 E. Rutherford, NJ
    07.20.06 Portland, OR
    11.21.06 Adelaide, AUSTRALIA

LMAO! E.K. that is funny! Peebles and Rocky for Stone's kid names :p
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Yes just listened to Bayleaf, Stone is great.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
    That's just beautiful nowayimfaithfull. I was actually listening to it a whole bunch yesterday. No matter how many times I hear it, I'm constantly floored by it's genius. :o Quite the underrated gem...kinda like you know who. ;) I can't get enough of it and honestly will always remain FAITHFULL for another solo album. I mean come on, knowing this dude he has atleast 10 more in him. :D

PATI! YES! The PIMP SANG IN ADELAIDE! :D Wooooo! It's true! It's true!
    And I believe Nadi is right, I don't think our sweet Sammie was in attendance. Ah I sure hope she was though!

So get this, my buddy Jason has been at all the Aussie shows. Yeah he's one of those extra lucky bastards. :p I keep sending him messages freaking out over these INSANE setlists. Of course I was going off extra much about Newcastle and Adelaide and he sends me this message....

"ya about the adelaide show.. ed showed up from the airport 10 minutes before show time and was tired and sick, flight was delayed... and I've been sitting stone side all tour so I figured why not have him sing and give ed a break... I busted out a Let Stone sing chant and then everyone joined in, Ed looks over at me and says, we'll decide on that one in the next session... so in the encore, Stone picks up the mic and looks at me and says you guys wanted it, so this is for you... Don't Give Me No Lip!!!!!"

Whaaaaaaaat? :eek:
    That kicks way too much ass for me to even begin to deal with! :D

"Lo√e, you know the word

VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    That's just beautiful nowayimfaithfull. I was actually listening to it a whole bunch yesterday. No matter how many times I hear it, I'm constantly floored by it's genius. :o Quite the underrated gem...kinda like you know who. ;) I can't get enough of it and honestly will always remain FAITHFULL for another solo album. I mean come on, knowing this dude he has atleast 10 more in him. :D

And I believe Nadi is right, I don't think our sweet Sammie was in attendance. Ah I sure hope she was though!

So get this, my buddy Jason has been at all the Aussie shows. Yeah he's one of those extra lucky bastards. :p I keep sending him messages freaking out over these INSANE setlists. Of course I was going off extra much about Newcastle and Adelaide and he sends me this message....

"ya about the adelaide show.. ed showed up from the airport 10 minutes before show time and was tired and sick, flight was delayed... and I've been sitting stone side all tour so I figured why not have him sing and give ed a break... I busted out a Let Stone sing chant and then everyone joined in, Ed looks over at me and says, we'll decide on that one in the next session... so in the encore, Stone picks up the mic and looks at me and says you guys wanted it, so this is for you... Don't Give Me No Lip!!!!!"

WHOA!! That is TOO cool! Jason got Stoney to sing and a personal thank U for that TOO!! RIGHT ON!! :D

OMG, I am listening to the Cleveland 2006 boot, where Stoney first sang, playing through the whole cds to check if it burned correctly, but DAMN, hearing Stone sing on this tour was GREAT! I am STILL in shocked that I FINALLY got to see the man sing! ooo, now i'm playing MFC, and Stone has the solo! :D

Gosh, I LOVE this band!! :o and YEA, we NEED another Stoney album AND Brad album TOO! I want to hear BEST FRIENDS already!! :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:

Is this Touring Van Jason?? JEEZ!!!!!!!!!!! STONE LOVE IN FULL AFFECT!!!! Eddie can take more time off.....hehehehehehehe....We know Stone can sing thin air!!! Man, that kicks ass....even in Aussieland Stone can't escape Stoney Ponies.....hahahahahahahah....Right on!!!!
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.generationFIVE.org
    I LOVE this quote from Eddie (during the breakdown in Porch):

'sometimes you don't pick your friends, but he is one of my best friends: MR. STONE GOSSARD on guitar' :cool:
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    Gen5 wrote:
    Is this Touring Van Jason?? JEEZ!!!!!!!!!!! STONE LOVE IN FULL AFFECT!!!! Eddie can take more time off.....hehehehehehehe....We know Stone can sing thin air!!! Man, that kicks ass....even in Aussieland Stone can't escape Stoney Ponies.....hahahahahahahah....Right on!!!!

yep. it is Touring Van Jason Pati! isn't that COOL?!

and yes, you, me and Lydi were ALL witnessed to Stoney singing THIN AIR! I think when Eddie is feeling sick, he can turn over the mike to Stone! :D Stone does have a GREAT singing voice. "Bayleaf" anyone?! ;)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • MeddleDeal wrote:
    I think when Eddie is feeling sick, he can turn over the mike to Stone! :D Stone does have a GREAT singing voice. "Bayleaf" anyone?! ;)

I totally agree!! I think his voice is very interesting and cool. Fingers crossed for another solo album!
    The more I see the less I know for sure. - John Lennon
    bookworm30 wrote:
    I totally agree!! I think his voice is very interesting and cool. Fingers crossed for another solo album!

yep. I think we ALL should send positive vibes out there for Stone, so he can FINALLY release his solo album :D The last article I read about his solo album, it was already done! Same goes w/Brad! :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • lilingerlilinger Posts: 475
    I've tried to catch up with all the post, but i can see clearly now its an impossible mission... :)

All in all there's one thing to tell you: I LOVE STONE!!!!! ;)
    I am forever grateful to this band for giving us their ALL every single night and offering me such a wonderful gift - MUSIC, music that allows me to feel all that I want to feel, music that makes me strong in times of weakness, music that gives me joy in times of sorrow - SammieBlack
  • I'm here chicks and I am living in a freaking cloud........

HAVE I GOT SOME NEWS FOR YOU!!!!!!!

Am at work which does not allow me the proper time to devote to the review I am going to give you peeps and what was the BEST 6 nights of my life....yes you heard it 6......I had to add another 2 shows to my tour after Melbourne 3...I just couldn't say goodbye!!!!!

Will get myself home, pour a glass of wine and begin to relay the best experience of my life for you all

Had to get this little puppy back to the first page anyway....

See you all soon

2006 Tour
    10/11 Brisbane
    13/11 Melbourne
    14/11 Melbourne
    16/11 Melbourne
    19/11 Newcastle
    25/11 Perth

I'm here chicks and I am living in a freaking cloud........

HAVE I GOT SOME NEWS FOR YOU!!!!!!!

Am at work which does not allow me the proper time to devote to the review I am going to give you peeps and what was the BEST 6 nights of my life....yes you heard it 6......I had to add another 2 shows to my tour after Melbourne 3...I just couldn't say goodbye!!!!!

Will get myself home, pour a glass of wine and begin to relay the best experience of my life for you all

Had to get this little puppy back to the first page anyway....

See you all soon

OMG! :eek: I am SO glad that you added 2 more shows Sammie!! I know we ALL can't wait to hear about it!! oooo, I know you got Crown of Thorns! *YIPEE* :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • O.K......let's begin (I apologise in advance for the length of this post but I want to share it ALL with you ALL!)
    I have given you Brisbane 1 next stop hometown Melbourne for the trilogy...

Melb 1 (lower row three Stone's side) - Opened with Wasted Reprise into Life Wasted - GOD how much can I love this song live? Animal, Spin the Black Circle, Corduroy then Severed Hand....so already my head was about to explode and the smile was killing my face
    .....Stone was doing the crazy backwards skip with leg out front thing and they all looked like they were having a ball - Jeremy was huge which set the scene for a crowd fav in Given to Fly...
    MARKER! FUCK so damn good then ye olde Even Flow - Mike was his usual incredible self but Matt's drum solo left me spinning....
    STONE cracked me up by rasing his arm and pointing and rocking to the whirlwind of beats this man was churning out...Ed rocked out, he was really feeling it by now....Insignificance (I love this too!!) and Army Reserve was just lovely.
    Daughther with Another Brick in the wall tag had the crowd united.......Ed spoke about our Prime Minister and how he had heard him say our declining economy was due to the price of bananas (we had a flood here and bananas were going for $5 each in some states!) Anyway Ed grabs his crotch and says "I've got a banana here for John Howard" **laughed and cheered my arse off** then went on to comment how John Howard should get his hand off your Presidents banana!!! and concentrate more on our country and bringing our troops back home...this is something I feel strongly about and I love Ed for this!
    So moving on....WTF? Leatherman, just brilliant followed by DTE, and really good (but could have been better by the crowd) Better Man into RVM....let me tell you every muscle in my body was burning from going so hard, I love the set finishing with this - JUST INSANE!

Just realised if I go song by song this is going to take a while so 'highlights' from now......the guys pulled out Once, yes, yes, yes, then the tears welled in my eyes Come Back - thankyou, followed by Black **heart beating so fast with love and joy***
    Dead Man to open 2nd Encore and an AWESOME SOLAT......4 more songs and then YLB to close with a joyous Little Wing.....so we (my sister and I) met up with other PJ fans at the casino and talked and sang PJ all night long - what a great start to Melbourne!

Melb 2 (9th row floor Stones side) Pre show drink with what was now the Australian Tour Jamily!!!!
    I would have to say my favourite opener after this tour was GO (got this in Perth too!) Last Exit and Brain of J to begin this night OMG! - I tell you I was thinking this might me the best yet.....Low Light pleased me no end and Small Town had the crowd giving it their all. GONE, shit this song delivers so much more than it's given credit - Not for You (Modern Girl) - Stone just lost it and went into a frenzy, to which I followed and I jammed it out with him - the smiles this guy had will live with me forever. A surpirse Glorifed G **sensational** and Porch - yep we were rocking now!!!!
    Ed gave such a nice speech about how we've all had good times and bad times but we are all still here and together sharing these moments... gave me CHILLS and I knew I would never have a better time in my life than being at a PJ show - so emotional!!
    I got another wish....CRAZY MARY...live in my hometown *blessed*. 2nd song of 2nd encore BLOOD - our boy went NUTS, you know when you see him just being taken over by the riffmiester within???....yep he was rockin' like no-one was watching...but I was, and it was INCREDIBLE!
    Baba and Indifference to close which left me breathless.

Walked away from this one thinking I could be the LUCKIEST girl in the world....can it get better??? OH YES....IT FUCKING WELL CAN!
    Melb 3 (6th row floor Stone side) - Dreams coming true song after song...opened with Long Road (wasn't sure if I was going to make it after that!!!)
    then LBC *smile takes over my face*, Sad, Present Tense, Save You....by the end of the first set I was ga-ga!!!!
    So just to test my mental state....Man of the Hour and Off He Goes to open 2nd encore - I know you are all feeling it as I tell it, aren't ya???? - I'm running out of word to describe the feeling washing over me at this point :) whipping in Encore 2 left me sore **WHIPLASH**
    Ed finished the Melbourne Trilogy by stating that Melbourne weather (it was raining and crappy) reminded them all of Seattle home which gave me goosebumps!!
    Then Ed proceeds to explain that they had learnt a game that they have only seen in Aus...he then grabs a coin (50 cent piece) places it between his butt cheeks and trys to land it in a cup under his legs...he missed and the crowd went wild!!!!! He motioned for Stone to have a go and with an embarrased laugh - declined!
    Oh forgot something......just before RITFW the crowd and JEFF got a 'skull, skull, skull' chant going, and Ed of course not wanting to dissapoint chuged at good half bottle of wine down, without stopping!!!! Good Times!!!! - Jeff was laughing his arse off !!!
    They take their bows *Ed swinging off the others shoulders* then as they are walking off STONEY grabs the coin and has a go....he puts that thing between those skinny little cheeks and while laughing so hard...misses the cup...**Sammie is in a state of delirium at seeing this man I love so much look so happy and silly and just normal...up on stage in front of us all just being the dorky DUCK we have grown to LOVE**

As I finished this night, thinking it was my last, I felt so high yet so low - could this be it? NO, NO, NO....the Newcastle/Perth extravaganza was still to come, but little did I know the ride had not reached it's highest point........

Stay Tuned!!!

2006 Tour
    10/11 Brisbane
    13/11 Melbourne
    14/11 Melbourne
    16/11 Melbourne
    19/11 Newcastle
    25/11 Perth

• So I mentioned the Australian Tour Jamily? These people made an incredible tour so much more......it's amazing how a band can bring together total strangers from different walks of life....and they become united forever with the memories.....
    A wonderful person in this Jamily offered me a spare 10C ticket to Newcastle - without a second thought the flight was booked and I was on my way to the best setlist offered by this tour and a show that (and I quote ED himself) 'felt more like a party than a concert'!!!!
    5th row, centre in a room that held a mere 6000 or so!!
    ALIVE to open - nice! This set the tone for something 'special' and the band were looking so good.
    I'm rocking, I'm singing, I'm hearing the intro to RED MOSQUTIO??????
    See so many DELIGHTED people, I was hit with such crazy excitement - I LOVED THIS SOOOO MUCH!
    A magnificent Hail Hail, and a Daughter(War) thorwn in too!
    It's when Down starts that I begin to wonder just what more could they give us as I couldn't imagine being happier?
    And eventhough I was yet to have all of my wishes come true?
    ?? Crown of Thorns ????? Footsteps???????
    My 5th DTE this tour and it was as great as the first time....
    but this is where the madness takes a new turn, we get.....Undone - Masters of War - FOOTSTEPS - OMG!!!!!!!, CROWN OF THORNS - OMG!!!!!!!! - Alone - OMFG!!!!!!!!!!
    *speechless*
    GREAT SETLIST, AWESOME BAND VIBE, the petition to get the show there etc...and the fact I was able to be there (when it wasn't planned) is something memorable.

2006 Tour
    10/11 Brisbane
    13/11 Melbourne
    14/11 Melbourne
    16/11 Melbourne
    19/11 Newcastle
    25/11 Perth