Love for Stone Gossard Thread

Comments

• bookworm30 wrote:
    I love this one from Benaroya, Stoney's like - OOPS! Soo so good!:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUnLSFxKs5Q

Whoopsies! At least he's got a sense of humor about it.
    "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" - The Young Ones
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Whaat the Benaroya THIN AIR fuck up!? :eek: First of all thank you much for posting this bookworm. That is WAY too adorable for words. Awww! Such a little boy right there! All slumps down and laughs with embarassment! That is TOO CUTE! Secondly...I was one of the lucky ones at this show and witnessed this heaven first hand. I always swore that this flub was Mike! Then Meddledeal and I saw a video of it that a friend shot and it totally confirmed it even more!! The close up was on Mikey and his facial expression during that just totally convinced an entire group of us that it was him! Craziness! Love really is blind huh? :p This whole time I've been biting heads off in defense that it's not ALWAYS Stone's fault and....well...umm........yeeeah! haha. The truth is revealed! Well again, what a cute ass little moment that is! Ahhh and this song! I can't even talk about it without getting all sappy and I definitely cannot curse the man enough for writing something this super sugary sweet. I just can't get over this! HE wrote these words??? :o

hahaha OMG IamMine that's hilarious! That guy does look like Stoney! :D And of course we all know nothing can touch the real thing but still....how awesome to finally have a look alike that does the real one some justice. ;) Thanks for posting that girlie! Ooo thanks for that too Sammie. Must go watch that! There's always so many goodies in this thread. Mmmm mmm mmm. Duckalious. Hey speaking of Stone clones, Bob Saget is gonna be on Conan tonight. :eek: HAAA!

But hold on a minute here...it's my 8,000 post! :eek: Whooooooa there! Damn they sure add up, huh? haha, Jesus! Well I wouldn't celebrate it anywhere else. I'm actually pretty sure about 80% of these have been Stoney love related anyways. ;)

OK...*jumps up and down* ...I'm really excited about this!! It's celebration time indeed! I was finally able to get this uploaded and have something so amazing and so incredibly special to share with you all.

*drum roll*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17cuEHTK2io

!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::D:eek::eek:!!!!!!!
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • That was so great! I most enjoyed the close-up shot of Stone doing a little dance while playing, and of his awesome little cheering section... :) Thanks for sharing this!
    AWWWW you are so welcome! :D I'm thrilled to be able to share it. A friend captured that amazing, completely surreal footage and I can't thank her enough. She captured SO much! Look a us rocking the hell outta that balcony!! Meddle and I with our signs. :p hahaha. All of our Eddie love?? :eek: He kept looking over and then came over and waved to us!?? Huuuh? This proves that really happened! Holy shit! And of course, the fuckin BOSSMAN rippin the night to shreds! :D That solo spawned a massive, massive Stoney chant afterwards and I'll say it once again cuze it can't be said enough....after this Ed introduced each band member and STONE fuckin GOSSARD got the loudest cheer of the night. :):):)

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Thanks so much for that! Love Love Love seeing Stone getting his duck-groove on!!! And you guys looked like you were totally rockin out and having a great time! Awesome!:D
    The more I see the less I know for sure. - John Lennon
  • grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:

this made my day.

thanks.

:)
    take your money and your drugs.
    This makes my every day. :D It really does. I can't stop watching it! Wow!
    Again, you guys are so welcome! I am beyond grateful for this footage and yep...it must be shared with the world. :D

bookworm30! I knooooow look at him go! :eek: He is totally getting his duck groove on. I love it when he starts bouncing around doing his backwards circle thingy. :D And the energy of him and Ed....shit! Both just bouncing and rockin all over. HELL YES! When Ed just starts floppin back and forth in front of the kit and Stoney's doing his little rockin the fuck out with his foot jig?? haha. I LOVE IT! Oooo and after Eddie waves to us , then bounces off the amp and as soon as he hits the ground him and Stoney start rockin to bits!! That is one of the greatest video moments I have ever seen! HA! And Ed and his chicken dances are hilarious. :p

Ah this video is just the best!

"Lo√e, you know the word

• justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Lydia,

Thanks for putting that up!!! It was nice to the Stoney Ponies on the balcony. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Ahhhh I can't wait to see this vid...damn work doesn't play youtube stuff......

Thanks VedHead - in advance !!!
    ~~The sea will rise, please stand by the shore~~
    ~~~~Oh I will be, I will be there once more~~~~

2006 Tour
    10/11 Brisbane
    13/11 Melbourne
    14/11 Melbourne
    16/11 Melbourne
    19/11 Newcastle
    25/11 Perth

Hall-le-lu-jah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • IamMine wrote:
    Hey, Lyd... I could NOT help but have to post here on something I saw and giggled 'cause he reminded me of somebody...

I have been watching closely with the deaf protest going on at Gallaudet about the president (it's run like the Bush Admin ;)) and there has been a lot of activities, esp with ASLblogs.

Well, I found this one ASL blog... and this student made me think of what Stone would have looked like if he knew sign language - I could not believe how this student even dressed and "talked" like him - businesswise. ;) Like Stone talking about environment and bootlegs... :D

I know you don't know ASL, but does he not look like young Stone? :D;)

http://www.signcasts.com/?q=node/16

I watched that at least five times so far... just to imagine Stone knowing sign language. lol.

Ok, stop laughing at me! :p

EDIT: There's a video of that same student being attacked by the deputies of university, along with other students during the lockdown of a building. He was telling everyone "not to fight" but him and other students were pushed and some were maced. :mad:
    Great find. He does resemble Stone...doing sign language. ;)
    "Longitudes, latitudes, it's so absurd
    I just need someone to be there for
    I just want someone to be there for
    Someone to be there for me"
    --

"Well, you say it’s bad luck
    To have fallen for me
    Well what can I do to make it good for you
    I’ll call you beautiful if I call at all"
  • There is a guy in my Municipal Gov't. class, and he reminds me of Stone a little. I like this guy. :o
    --

To have fallen for me
  • grace6697 wrote:
    i just found this and it totally scared me:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=strDURacTUs

discuss. :)
    We are Stone's Bitches.
    --

To have fallen for me
  • VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Whaat the Benaroya THIN AIR fuck up!? :eek: First of all thank you much for posting this bookworm. That is WAY too adorable for words. Awww! Such a little boy right there! All slumps down and laughs with embarassment! That is TOO CUTE! Secondly...I was one of the lucky ones at this show and witnessed this heaven first hand. I always swore that this flub was Mike! Then Meddledeal and I saw a video of it that a friend shot and it totally confirmed it even more!! The close up was on Mikey and his facial expression during that just totally convinced an entire group of us that it was him! Craziness! Love really is blind huh? :p This whole time I've been biting heads off in defense that it's not ALWAYS Stone's fault and....well...umm........yeeeah! haha. The truth is revealed! Well again, what a cute ass little moment that is! Ahhh and this song! I can't even talk about it without getting all sappy and I definitely cannot curse the man enough for writing something this super sugary sweet. I just can't get over this! HE wrote these words??? :o

hahaha OMG IamMine that's hilarious! That guy does look like Stoney! :D And of course we all know nothing can touch the real thing but still....how awesome to finally have a look alike that does the real one some justice. ;) Thanks for posting that girlie! Ooo thanks for that too Sammie. Must go watch that! There's always so many goodies in this thread. Mmmm mmm mmm. Duckalious. Hey speaking of Stone clones, Bob Saget is gonna be on Conan tonight. :eek: HAAA!

But hold on a minute here...it's my 8,000 post! :eek: Whooooooa there! Damn they sure add up, huh? haha, Jesus! Well I wouldn't celebrate it anywhere else. I'm actually pretty sure about 80% of these have been Stoney love related anyways. ;)

OK...*jumps up and down* ...I'm really excited about this!! It's celebration time indeed! I was finally able to get this uploaded and have something so amazing and so incredibly special to share with you all.

*drum roll*

:eek:

Thanks for sharing!!
    --

To have fallen for me
  • Gen5Gen5 Posts: 405
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:

*drum roll*

hehehehehehehehehehe....this video makes me giggle.....and only 8 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! heheheheheheheheehehehhehehehehe
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.myspace.com/poworgen5

www.generationFIVE.org
  • bookworm30 wrote:
    I love this one from Benaroya, Stoney's like - OOPS! Soo so good!:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUnLSFxKs5Q
    LOL... Stoney RARELY messes up and that's such a classic boner, recorded on an official live release, for all eternity :p
    But in his defense, he started playing Fatal, not Thin Air, and had to course-correct. I think that threw him off of his usual stellar game. Clearly Eddie's fault :D
    What's funny too is at the end of Thin Air, Stone quickly plays the riff to prove he can AND then Mike quickly plays it too. Classic moment and thanks for posting the YouTube link bookworm... brought back a great memory :)
    ... wish the world could go again with love ...
  • ok this is posted on the Porch and GTF but I had to put it in this thread. Its another reason for us all to love this man:

Stone Gossard is mentioned on page 108 of this week's People magazine. Stone financially helps homeless and impoverished Native Americans in South Dakota to build new homes. :D

Dunno if there is a pic. I asked in both threads and got no reply so far.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • VEDHEAD27 wrote:

*drum roll*

fuckaduck... what a great vid!! Soooo exciting... I felt like I was there and in such a tiny venue.
    "Sweet dreams are made of this..." <sigh>
    Way to show love for Stone, beloved Ponies... that was just tooo awesome and I'm sure it made him feel goooo-ooood all over!!

And here's to 8,000 more posts by the lovely MsVEDHEAD... your love and happy vibes are a real inspiration :)
  • ok this is posted on the Porch and GTF but I had to put it in this thread. Its another reason for us all to love this man:

Stone Gossard is mentioned on page 108 of this week's People magazine. Stone financially helps homeless and impoverished Native Americans in South Dakota to build new homes. :D

Oooo that's soooo cool!! Seems like there was a photo a few years back of Stone actually helping to build a house on the reservation, with like a carpenter's apron on, holding a hammer or something? I haven't seen the current article... is it for the Red Feather organization or something?
    Anyway, glad he is still doing good deeds for the impoverished. It's a tough situation and he's The Man for giving of his time and money.
    Like we need another reason to adore him... there is just NO END to his awesomeness :)
  • Gen5Gen5 Posts: 405
    Oooo that's soooo cool!! Seems like there was a photo a few years back of Stone actually helping to build a house on the reservation, with like a carpenter's apron on, holding a hammer or something? I haven't seen the current article... is it for the Red Feather organization or something?
    Anyway, glad he is still doing good deeds for the impoverished. It's a tough situation and he's The Man for giving of his time and money.
    Like we need another reason to adore him... there is just NO END to his awesomeness :)

I have that picture some where.......but I believe that this would also be part of the Red Feathers Organization that he was a part of.
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.myspace.com/poworgen5

www.generationFIVE.org

Just another reason why he is so special. Especially in our crazy, excessive world today. Go Stoney!
  • noa.whonoa.who Posts: 130
    long time Stone fan, first time posting here.

VIVA LA STONE!
    Watch me make up my mind instead of my face
  • no a wrote:
    long time Stone fan, first time posting here.

VIVA LA STONE!
    Well, welcome home, no a... we just love to love Stone here :)
    Both of his bands are excellent too, dontcha think?? ;):D
  • noa.whonoa.who Posts: 130
    Thanks, I'm glad to be home. :D

Stone's a badass!!!

doesn't he make you smile even when the sun don't shine at all?
    that's all I need. ;)
    Watch me make up my mind instead of my face
  • Here's a great query for this post!

What do you think it's honestly like to date Stone?
    How long do you think it would take him to appreciate what a lady brings to a relationship?
    Do you think it would be easy to handle his career?
    And the fame?

And lastly- what would your "pet" name be for him?
  • Stoney you are the man you straw house building mofo
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows

Could we love this man anymore for all that he does!

Endlessly inspiring!!!!

Welcome no a......the love here festers more and more each day - great to have another voice to talk the love !!!

25 days for meeeee!!! The anticipation is killing me.....:)
    ~~The sea will rise, please stand by the shore~~
    ~~~~Oh I will be, I will be there once more~~~~

2006 Tour
    10/11 Brisbane
    13/11 Melbourne
    14/11 Melbourne
    16/11 Melbourne
    19/11 Newcastle
    25/11 Perth

Hall-le-lu-jah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Oh Sammie, I'm excited for you!! Getting to see the Duck Man workin his Duck Groove!!
  • Maybe I'm from a different generation but it's just puzzling how people can focus on a particular memeber of a band rather than soley "the music"?
    I don't get it?

To answer my own questions since everyone else just wants to live in fantasy adulation? (I don't know?)

1. It would probably be very hard to date any person in a band that is as popular as PJ & not question your own sanity for being emotionally swept up in delibarate Chaos.

2. How long would it take for him to appreciate you?
    A pretty long time (years & years)...you'd have to come with a resume of your accomplishments and sit through numerous interviews (with his friends, sisters and parents all giving their thumbs up). Get ready to be dissected!

3. Simply put- NO but you'd manage b/c you really believe in your heart he's a soulfully beautiful man...and besides that, he makes you laugh.

HIS PET NAME- after careful consideration...I would DARE him to sing that song from 'The Wedding Singer' GROW OLD WITH YOU...and if he had the sense of humor to do it...forever & ever, I'd call him "Robby Hart".
    That way if we were out in public and people would ask, "Are you Stone?"
    I could smile at him and say, "No Way! His name is Robby."

:O)
    This was good for a smile!
    Thanks to the Ponies!
  • I love reading things like this and thought it would nice to share.

http://www.undercover.com.au/news/2006/jul06/20060711_pearljam.html

*Resumes no longer being accepted! The "job" has been filled*
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    Only 5 MORE days til I see PJ @ Bridge School on my b-day weekend! WHOHOOO!! If they play Thin Air on Sunday, I will faint!! :)

'no a' welcome to the Stoney lovin' thread. I love how each Stoney fan talks about how he inspires someone and love to hear their stories :D you all STONEY Ponies/BITCHES ROCKS!! :D

This man not only contributes to music, but also to causes that he loves and that is near and dear to his heart. This is the photo of him when he was doing the Red Feather project (the one that my good friend, Gen5 mentioned)

http://www.strangesttribe.com/images/gallery/00-04/toolbelt.jpg

i know there was an article of this before, but I somehow can't find it. pati, do you know where it was? Was it on the Stoney G. fan club site?
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn