Love for Stone Gossard Thread

Comments

• Gen5Gen5 Posts: 405
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    Only 5 MORE days til I see PJ @ Bridge School on my b-day weekend! WHOHOOO!! If they play Thin Air on Sunday, I will faint!! :)

'no a' welcome to the Stoney lovin' thread. I love how each Stoney fan talks about how he inspires someone and love to hear their stories :D you all STONEY Ponies/BITCHES ROCKS!! :D

This man not only contributes to music, but also to causes that he loves and that is near and dear to his heart. This is the photo of him when he was doing the Red Feather project (the one that my good friend, Gen5 mentioned)

http://www.strangesttribe.com/images/gallery/00-04/toolbelt.jpg

i know there was an article of this before, but I somehow can't find it. pati, do you know where it was? Was it on the Stoney G. fan club site?

Yeah, it was there and somewhere else. Billboard or something like that. And mentioned on Oprah.

To add to the questions that Good Ole Days asks......I think you didn't get any responses b/c most of know he is married so it's kinda pointless. Also, we do talk about the music but we give Stone love b/c it seems that other members of the band ALWAYS get TONS of recognition and love. This is just our way of doing something for Stone. A man who has inspired many many people, including myself.

Take care.......OH and see ya soon Nadia!!!!
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.myspace.com/poworgen5

www.generationFIVE.org
  • Gen5,

Why would answering my questions be pointless just because he's married?
    I was asking so that a few "pony people" could maybe get perspective on Stone when he's not placed up on a pedastal.

Why in the last 15 years of PJ's career do you think Stone receives little or limited recognition? That's utterly farfetched!
    Any person who plays a lick of music grasps/knows Stone's contribution to Pearl Jam & other bands such as Mother Love Bone.
    Two words for you- Steve Cropper.

As funny as it is to witness the "pony" behaviour, it's sort of disturbingly childish to see GROWN women acting like frenzied school girls in his presence or at a show. All I was attempting to point out is he's human. Here in Ponyland where adulation is out of control, it seems like if you really wanted to get across to Gossard how much you respect him...you'd start volunteering your time to similar causes or you'd write him a sincere letter to express how much his good deeds have positively made you a better human.
    Not stand beneath him while he's on stage with a cardboard sign with orange and plaid outfits on? (That's looneybird-ish)

That's why I mentioned being from a different generation.
    It's evident though that you want to perpetuate the fantasy amongst yourselves? It's the real people in your daily lives that I guess are really having to wonder about your mental faculties.

I bet if Stone and any one of you were stuck in an elevator for 8 hours...you'd see if from a different perspective.

What I should have said is,
    "Congrats to Stone for finding a woman on this planet that can handle the fanbase."
  • ok this is posted on the Porch and GTF but I had to put it in this thread. Its another reason for us all to love this man:

Stone Gossard is mentioned on page 108 of this week's People magazine. Stone financially helps homeless and impoverished Native Americans in South Dakota to build new homes. :D

Dunno if there is a pic. I asked in both threads and got no reply so far.
    That is beyond amazing. Helping homeless and impoverished people is so great, and even better than he's helping Native Americans in my opinion.

What a sweet guy.
    "Longitudes, latitudes, it's so absurd
    I just need someone to be there for
    I just want someone to be there for
    Someone to be there for me"
    --

"Well, you say it’s bad luck
    To have fallen for me
    Well what can I do to make it good for you
    I’ll call you beautiful if I call at all"
  • Maybe I'm from a different generation but it's just puzzling how people can focus on a particular memeber of a band rather than soley "the music"?
    I don't get it?

To answer my own questions since everyone else just wants to live in fantasy adulation? (I don't know?)

1. It would probably be very hard to date any person in a band that is as popular as PJ & not question your own sanity for being emotionally swept up in delibarate Chaos.

2. How long would it take for him to appreciate you?
    A pretty long time (years & years)...you'd have to come with a resume of your accomplishments and sit through numerous interviews (with his friends, sisters and parents all giving their thumbs up). Get ready to be dissected!

3. Simply put- NO but you'd manage b/c you really believe in your heart he's a soulfully beautiful man...and besides that, he makes you laugh.

HIS PET NAME- after careful consideration...I would DARE him to sing that song from 'The Wedding Singer' GROW OLD WITH YOU...and if he had the sense of humor to do it...forever & ever, I'd call him "Robby Hart".
    That way if we were out in public and people would ask, "Are you Stone?"
    I could smile at him and say, "No Way! His name is Robby."

:O)
    This was good for a smile!
    Thanks to the Ponies!
    Generation doesn't matter. This has always happened.
    --

To have fallen for me
  • I love reading things like this and thought it would nice to share.

http://www.undercover.com.au/news/2006/jul06/20060711_pearljam.html

*Resumes no longer being accepted! The "job" has been filled*
    Yep, I agree. that is a great thing to read that the band is doing, or that anyone decides to do for that matter.
    --

To have fallen for me
  • Gen5,

I was asking so that a few "pony people" could maybe get perspective on Stone when he's not placed up on a pedastal.

Why in the last 15 years of PJ's career do you think Stone receives little or limited recognition? That's utterly farfetched!
    Any person who plays a lick of music grasps/knows Stone's contribution to Pearl Jam & other bands such as Mother Love Bone.

As funny as it is to witness the "pony" behaviour, it's sort of disturbingly childish to see GROWN women acting like frenzied school girls in his presence or at a show. All I was attempting to point out is he's human. Here in Ponyland where adulation is out of control, it seems like if you really wanted to get across to Gossard how much you respect him...you'd start volunteering your time to similar causes or you'd write him a sincere letter to express how much his good deeds have positively made you a better human.
    Not stand beneath him while he's on stage with a cardboard sign with orange and plaid outfits on? (That's looneybird-ish)

It's evident though that you want to perpetuate the fantasy amongst yourselves? It's the real people in your daily lives that I guess are really having to wonder about your mental faculties.

I bet if Stone and any one of you were stuck in an elevator for 8 hours...you'd see if from a different perspective.

"Congrats to Stone for finding a woman on this planet that can handle the fanbase."
    I think by just seeing our reactions on this board you don't truly know the way we would all act if we met him. And how do you know we don't contribute to society in different ways in an effort to help the earth and other people? Seriously, we are able to be fans and intelligent people as well.
    --

To have fallen for me
    Gen5,

looneybird-ish.....cool word....anyway, I should have kept this a one on one conversation and said it was pointless for me to answer those question.....but it's cool that you have answers to them....so how many orange and plaid outfits do you own??

Last I checked I didn't put in a resume to be Stone's wife or his girlfriend. I am however a fan and if I want to partake in funny conversation with fellow "ponies" then I will.

We are not delusional people, and I don't know how your questions "could maybe get perspective on Stone when he's not placed up on a pedastal".
    I don't even put him on a pedastal but I do think he is a brilliant musician. But really, who gives a fuck what I or anyone on this board thinks!!!

By the way, check out the website that is in my signature....you know....the one I volunteer for.......
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.generationFIVE.org
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    Stone co-produced the thoroughly awesome Reloaded album by Green Album Quick Step.
  • I put Stone on a pedestal as a musician for sure. I mean he wrote Black for god's sake :eek: and worked with one of the world's greatest singer/songwriters (Andy Wood) and co-manages one of the best rock groups ever. Superman in my book :)
    Other than that, I think we all know he's a human bean with quirks and flaws just like anyone else. We can love what (little) we know of him and just appreciate his music... I'm pretty sure he likes that, being human and all.
    And being a huge fan doesn't mean I want to meet him or interact with him or be stuck in an elevator with him... no no no. I just want to buy his records and see him perform when I can. And sing his praises in this goofy little thread.
    So... well.... if loving Stone is wrong, I don't wanna be right LOL

AND HELLO!! Bridge fun in just a few days!! I'm SO stoked for PJ and Trent :)
    ... wish the world could go again with love ...
    I put Stone on a pedestal as a musician for sure. I mean he wrote Black for god's sake :eek: and worked with one of the world's greatest singer/songwriters (Andy Wood) and co-manages one of the best rock groups ever. Superman in my book :)
    Other than that, I think we all know he's a human bean with quirks and flaws just like anyone else. We can love what (little) we know of him and just appreciate his music... I'm pretty sure he likes that, being human and all.
    And being a huge fan doesn't mean I want to meet him or interact with him or be stuck in an elevator with him... no no no. I just want to buy his records and see him perform when I can. And sing his praises in this goofy little thread.
    So... well.... if loving Stone is wrong, I don't wanna be right LOL

AND HELLO!! Bridge fun in just a few days!! I'm SO stoked for PJ and Trent :)

Happenstance.......YES!!!!!!!!!!!! Amen and all that jazz.....I mean if I was stuck in an elevator with Stone for 8 hours I would hope we would be trying to figure out how to get out, not be asking him him how he came up with a riff.....Hello, give me a boost to open the hatch so we can escape!!

You're going to Bridge also???? YAY!!!!! It's going to be an amazing weekend!!! I can't wait for these shows and is it really only 4 days away???
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.generationFIVE.org
  • So... well.... if loving Stone is wrong, I don't wanna be right LOL

I second that!
    The more I see the less I know for sure. - John Lennon
  • Kenny Olav wrote:
    Stone co-produced the thoroughly awesome Reloaded album by Green Album Quick Step.
    And it is a great album indeed.
    --

To have fallen for me
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Hey does anyone have a good stone pics or videos?I have really enjoyed all the one's that have been posted.And if anyone have lives in Florida I will be holding a PJ Fan meetup in Tampa on Oct. 21st in Tampa.PM me for details.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • seattleseattle Posts: 31
    hey i am new too , i guess .... if i'll manage to keep up with you guys
    9/30/2006 athens greece OAKA sports hall , 3 more years married to eddie :)
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    seattle wrote:
    hey i am new too , i guess .... if i'll manage to keep up with you guys

Aww welcome to the fold!! :D Don't worry, i haven't kept up in a while, and I have been here since the beginning of this thread :p but feel right at home and talk about Stone :cool: One kick ASS duckman!! :)
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    I started this thread and have not kept up .Sorry.I am back in the game again.Thanks!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    stoneg wrote:
    I started this thread and have not kept up .Sorry.I am back in the game again.Thanks!

it's okay! it is totally understandable. :) Hey, have fun at your PJ get together in Tampa this weekend! :D Ponies/Bitches are converging at each coast :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Gen5 wrote:
    looneybird-ish.....cool word....anyway, I should have kept this a one on one conversation and said it was pointless for me to answer those question.....but it's cool that you have answers to them....so how many orange and plaid outfits do you own??

Last I checked I didn't put in a resume to be Stone's wife or his girlfriend.

We are not delusional people, and I don't know how your questions "could maybe get perspective on Stone when he's not placed up on a pedastal".
    I don't even put him on a pedastal but I do think he is a brilliant musician. But really, who gives a fuck what I or anyone on this board thinks!!!

Gen5,

"Stoney Ponies" are not delusional people. (Got it)
    Who gives a f*ck what you or anyone on this board thinks! (Got it)
    Last you checked you didn't put in a resume to be his wife or girlfriend. (Got it, neither did I)
    He's not on a pedastal, you just need to mention on a regular basis, meaning monthly, that he's a brilliant musician. (Got it)

Reader's Digest version- I think Stone is bananas but I've never gone to a show and made a bee-line for his side of the stage. Nor screamed for him to throw me a pick (or a glance) or asked my friends to look at 40 photographs of someone I've never met! That's juvenile. Behaviour I'd expect from a 14 year old.

Again, this is just MY perspective. No need to get it all twisted!
  • Well, I say, admire who you want to admire, think what you want to think, feel what you want to feel etc etc as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.

Moving on......

To all you guys going to Bridge - lucky buggers!!!

Sammie in Oz will be thinking of ya.......rev the boys up and get them ready for our leg....21 days....:)
    ~~The sea will rise, please stand by the shore~~
    ~~~~Oh I will be, I will be there once more~~~~

2006 Tour
    10/11 Brisbane
    13/11 Melbourne
    14/11 Melbourne
    16/11 Melbourne
    19/11 Newcastle
    25/11 Perth

Hall-le-lu-jah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gen5 wrote:

Last I checked I didn't put in a resume to be Stone's wife or his girlfriend.

Gen5,

"Stoney Ponies" are not delusional people. (Got it)
    Who gives a f*ck what you or anyone on this board thinks! (Got it)
    Last you checked you didn't put in a resume to be his wife or girlfriend. (Got it, neither did I)
    He's not on a pedastal, you just need to mention on a regular basis, meaning monthly, that he's a brilliant musician. (Got it)

Gaining Perspective is when you use you vivid imagination to step into someone else's shoes. That's why I asked those questions. (Get it?)
    I don't attempt to dress in orange and plaid b/c orange isn't my color & plaid is for nerds. (Get it?)
    I think Stone is an awesome guy. He's got a beautiful smile. Amazing eyes.
    Sexy sense of humor, yet at times his jokes are a smidge intellectual. He's a bit of a riddler. He's got natural talent that he loves to share!
    He probably could eventually & successfully go into politics.
    He's an incredibly thoughtfulromantic to the tenth power.
    What else? He's an excellent kisser too. (Get it?)

Reader's Digest version- I think Stone is bananas but I've never gone to a show and made a bee-line for his side of the stage. Nor screamed for him to throw me a pick (or a glance) or asked my friends to look at 40 photographs of someone I've never met! That's juvenile. Behaviour I'd expect from a 14 year old.

Again, this is just MY perspective. No need to get it all twisted!

My my my....somebody REALLY REALLY needs attention in this thread (get it?)
    Who just came in this thread acting CRAZY (get it?)
    Trust me I'm not getting this twisted! (got it?)

You just really seem to want to slam people because they like someone's musicianship. And the last I checked, Stone wasn't complaining!! (Got it?)

You want to come on this board and rag on a few people but yet there are Thousands who make that beeline for his side of the stage, so please don't get THAT twisted. This is an APPRECIATION thread, luv, if you can't do that with some respect to others then step aside. (got it?)
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.generationFIVE.org
    Well, I say, admire who you want to admire, think what you want to think, feel what you want to feel etc etc as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.

Moving on......

To all you guys going to Bridge - lucky buggers!!!

Sammie in Oz will be thinking of ya.......rev the boys up and get them ready for our leg....21 days....:)

We will tell you all about it Sammie!!! Then in 21 days we will be asking you to do the same thing!!! Is Bridge really this weekend??
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.generationFIVE.org
  • Every time I see this thread I get depressed.

Remember when Stone actually played a key role in the band?

It has long been my belief that Eddie castrated Stone sometime around 1999. He probably has his nuts in a jar next to all his Who memorobilia.
  • :eek: wtf?? :eek: full moon? twilight zone? yo no comprendo :p

well, in just a few short hours, there will be Bridge shows.
    starring Stone Gossard and his band Pearl Jam :)

and sammie gets aussie shows in a few short weeks!

it's a good season so far :)
    ... wish the world could go again with love ...
  • **Life is good my friends**
    ~~The sea will rise, please stand by the shore~~
    ~~~~Oh I will be, I will be there once more~~~~

2006 Tour
    10/11 Brisbane
    13/11 Melbourne
    14/11 Melbourne
    16/11 Melbourne
    19/11 Newcastle
    25/11 Perth

Hall-le-lu-jah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • You just really seem to want to slam people because they like someone's musicianship. And the last I checked, Stone wasn't complaining!! (Got it?)

You want to come on this board and rag on a few people but yet there are Thousands who make that beeline for his side of the stage, so please don't get THAT twisted. This is an APPRECIATION thread, luv, if you can't do that with some respect to others then step aside. (got it?)[/quote]

Stone doesn't complain b/c you're a paying customer as are thousands of others.

Let it roll off your back, if you don't think my points are valid.

Accept that there are times when this thread is like walking into the Grease movie teenager's bedroom with slumber party girls rolling around on beds, pretending to be women.
    Here though- it's women pretending to be teenagers! (?)
    I'm allowed to say "This is disturbing."

Alas, birds of a feather flock together.

Someday you'll grow out of this (hopefully) and get a real hobby.

I've said my peace.
  • lgtlgt Posts: 720
    Just wanted to wish a great Bridge School concert experience to all you lucky ones who are going!!

HAVE A SUPER FABULOUS TIME!!!!!

Hope you get to listen to all the songs that you want the most! :)

I will be there in spirit! ;)

Laura
  • lgt wrote:
    Just wanted to wish a great Bridge School concert experience to all you lucky ones who are going!!

HAVE A SUPER FABULOUS TIME!!!!!

Hope you get to listen to all the songs that you want the most! :)

I will be there in spirit! ;)

Laura

I second that to all you lucky DUCKS! Please let us know how amazing it was when you get back! For the love of Stone! :D
    The more I see the less I know for sure. - John Lennon
    You just really seem to want to slam people because they like someone's musicianship. And the last I checked, Stone wasn't complaining!! (Got it?)

You want to come on this board and rag on a few people but yet there are Thousands who make that beeline for his side of the stage, so please don't get THAT twisted. This is an APPRECIATION thread, luv, if you can't do that with some respect to others then step aside. (got it?)

Stone doesn't complain b/c you're a paying customer as are thousands of others.

Let it roll off your back, if you don't think my points are valid.

Accept that there are times when this thread is like walking into the Grease movie teenager's bedroom with slumber party girls rolling around on beds, pretending to be women.
    Here though- it's women pretending to be teenagers! (?)
    I'm allowed to say "This is disturbing."

Alas, birds of a feather flock together.

Someday you'll grow out of this (hopefully) and get a real hobby.

I've said my peace.[/quote]

Ok, bye bye.....
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.generationFIVE.org
    bookworm30 wrote:
    I second that to all you lucky DUCKS! Please let us know how amazing it was when you get back! For the love of Stone! :D

you'll all Ponies/Bitches will be there in spirit!! :) And Sammie, I am TOO excited for you and your show(s) in a few weeks!! YIPEE!! You also got to tell us ALL about it too!! :D

Happenstance: I hope me, Lyd, and Pati see you @ Bridge School this weekend. Me and Lydia will be at the pre-party tonight. :D I can't wait!! WOHOOO!

Let my b-day weekend begin!! :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Stone Is Great
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows