Love for Stone Gossard Thread

Comments

• MarinaMarina Posts: 9
    You guys crack me up. Speaking of the New Energy, truly when you think about it: all of his projects have their own distinctive stamp, which of course has to do with the different people with whom he is playing. And yet I also recall comments in interviews where he stated that if he had just continued on the path of his own compositions they would have ended up being increasingly more structured. Instead he consciously decided to open himself up to being affected by the other musicians and their ideas. I recall being really struck by that. After all, I suppose one can go a long way on one's own, but letting in the energy of other people creates, well: SYNERGY, and something entirely new. What a smartie he is! That open-ness to his friends and collaborators also probably is the reason for the LOVE they have, and inspire in all of us, I suppose :)
  • SmilinSkullRingSmilinSkullRing Posts: 1,230
    That MLB video reminds me that I have an MLB DVD coming my way soon!!!!! :D :eek:

Hahaha, the energizer duck. :p
    "Longitudes, latitudes, it's so absurd
    I just need someone to be there for
    I just want someone to be there for
    Someone to be there for me"
    --

"Well, you say it’s bad luck
    To have fallen for me
    Well what can I do to make it good for you
    I’ll call you beautiful if I call at all"
    That is very smart of Stone. :)

Guys, check out PJ (more specifically Stone) in this video of Baba O'Riley from Cincinnati 6/24/06
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNN4C036yEE

Awesome. :D
    --

To have fallen for me
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    Marina wrote:
    You guys crack me up. Speaking of the New Energy, truly when you think about it: all of his projects have their own distinctive stamp, which of course has to do with the different people with whom he is playing. And yet I also recall comments in interviews where he stated that if he had just continued on the path of his own compositions they would have ended up being increasingly more structured. Instead he consciously decided to open himself up to being affected by the other musicians and their ideas. I recall being really struck by that. After all, I suppose one can go a long way on one's own, but letting in the energy of other people creates, well: SYNERGY, and something entirely new. What a smartie he is! That open-ness to his friends and collaborators also probably is the reason for the LOVE they have, and inspire in all of us, I suppose :)

WOW! that is truly beautiful Marina. :) It is true what you said. His projects, whether he is just 'guesting' on their album or doing his side project, Brad, you just know it is Stone quality material. You can even hear a song, w/o knowing it belongs to Stone, and you know that distinct music, you can tell ya know?! :D

I'm glad that you are hear Marina, sharing your thoughts on Stone and his musicship. :)
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
    That is very smart of Stone. :)

Guys, check out PJ (more specifically Stone) in this video of Baba O'Riley from Cincinnati 6/24/06

Awesome. :D

ooo, Kelly, I HAVE to check that out once I get home. :) IT sucks that my boss sits about 7 ft. away and I can't have any fun! :( BOO! Only if he is gone, which he should be in today gah!

oooo, that reminds me, tonight, I'll post about the STONEY PONIES/BITCHES gathering at the Gorge on Red Mosquito MS Board :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    ooo, Kelly, I HAVE to check that out once I get home. :) IT sucks that my boss sits about 7 ft. away and I can't have any fun! :( BOO! Only if he is gone, which he should be in today gah!

oooo, that reminds me, tonight, I'll post about the STONEY PONIES/BITCHES gathering at the Gorge on Red Mosquito MS Board :D
    Crazy bosses. Taking away the fun. :(

Awesome. You need to be posting over there more anyway. ;)
    --

To have fallen for me
  • matetematete Posts: 306
    I Love Stone Too.

come back to south america.
    Crazy bosses. Taking away the fun. :(

Awesome. You need to be posting over there more anyway. ;)

yeah I know. he called to check up on me, and told me I have to work quicker. :rolleyes: Gah!

and I'll see you there later on tonight!! I need to talk to Lydia about this gathering a little more :D

More LOVE for the DUCKMAN!! :cool:
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~

Pogo Guy :)
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    I'm glad that you are hear Marina, sharing your thoughts on Stone and his musicship. :)

Thanks. It's delightful to have company in my obsession. Ha ha!
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    hehe. It's comforting isn't it? :p
    I'm glad to have you here too Marina. The more LOVE the better. :)
    And welcome to you as well matete! Stoney Love is a beautiful thing! *sigh*

What you said before about Stoney is very true Marina. The man is definitely a smart one. :) I mean, I think it would be a sin for this man to limit himself when he just has so much brewing inside...and endless supply of talent on mutiple levels. Being able to be inspired in new ways on a regular basis too and being able ti to get out each and every part of his genius creative being?! What a blessing! As I've said before about him being a musical slut and to quote one of the greatest Stoney songs out there...I've never been so happy about someone "sleeping around". :p

OOoooh my GOD! :eek: THANK YOU Kelly! I can't wait to watch this. My friend was at this show and as soon as she came back she told me "Stone was going nuts during Baba! You woulda loved it" Aww I can't wait to watch!!!! :D Man speaking of blessings! Youtube saves the day once again!

Awwww and also guys...new pics on the 10c site! *jumps up and down*

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/PJ/1-1-1.jpg

:eek:
    Wearing the Sleater Kinney shirt!? I was just telling Nadi the other day, when we found out about the untimely/super sadening break up that Stoney should bust out the Koala shirt soon and pay homage! hahaha. Check it out!!!! :D The PONY connection. ;)

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/PJ/3-2.jpg
    Beautiful shot! :o I love the colors.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/PJ/2-2.jpg
    AWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (((:D)))

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/PJ/1-2.jpg
    :o

My god I loooooove Kerensa!
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • ToywomanToywoman Posts: 43
    oooooooooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

*THUD*

thank you so much for those Friday Happies, Ms Lydia
    "sounds like pearl jam just had a three song orgasm."~~vacatetheword
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    WHOA! I must say, Stoney w/the ponytail and the hat, WHOA!!
    Ummmm, yeah. Okay so, in Seattle before they hit the big time Mr. Gossard out on an evening (there was a club at which I would see him) would wear said hat or one like it, and this sort of velveteen looking yellow jacket with green and burgundy flowers. At that time there was no goatee, however. Or he would have on the legendary dark brown suede jacket he gave to EV, and no hat. During the day one would see him riding around on his bike in shorts and leggings. All of this with that long brown hair and gigantic green eyes.
    !!Clunk!!! (Sound of me falling off my desk chair at memory...)
    Of course now, as you all have pointed out, his inner Duck has emerged complete with orange Duck t-shirts, Duck plaid pants, and Duck socks.
    You are so very welcome dear Carlie. :)
    That was seriously such a nice way to start the day. :o

And now ending it with THIS.....

:eek:! Ooooh...my....god that was incredible! I can't stop smiling. :D Ooooh...my....god! That thing gave me chills, made me tear up, made me bounce and made me scream "YEEEAH!!" at the screen several times. LOOK AT OUR BOY!! Pogo man indeed. haha. Then he starts with the circle action, then backward kicks, then the flicking and just overall out of control arm action....swaying/bobbing that head all over the place. And excuse me..why did he hop over to Mikey and why did they start bouncing and playing to each other?!?!?!Ahhh! :eek: :D ahahhaa. Somebody arrest these guys for being way too god damn cute!!! Awww and the beginning is super cute too..once Stoney stops Pogoing for a sec, Jeff STARTS..then Jeff stops and Mikey STARTS. ha!! :D Passing the Pogo. Too cute! Ok, that performace was seriously STONEYriffic. I'm going back for some more! *bounces up and down*

Marina wrote:
    Of course now, as you all have pointed out, his inner Duck has emerged complete with orange Duck t-shirts, Duck plaid pants, and Duck socks.

ha! Totally! :D He's SUPER DUCK!

Aw and I can't watch the VSPOT on my Mac. Booo! I am so aching to see these old interviews that you guys are talking about! :/

"Lo√e, you know the word

Marina wrote:
    Pogo Guy :)
    :D I love it.
    --

To have fallen for me
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:

:eek:! Ooooh...my....god that was incredible! I can't stop smiling. :D Ooooh...my....god! That thing gave me chills, made me tear up, made me bounce and made me scream "YEEEAH!!" at the screen several times. LOOK AT OUR BOY!! Pogo man indeed. haha. Then he starts with the circle action, then backward kicks, then the flicking and just overall out of control arm action....swaying/bobbing that head all over the place. And excuse me..why did he hop over to Mikey and why did they start bouncing and playing to each other?!?!?!Ahhh! :eek: :D ahahhaa. Somebody arrest these guys for being way too god damn cute!!! Awww and the beginning is super cute too..once Stoney stops Pogoing for a sec, Jeff STARTS..then Jeff stops and Mikey STARTS. ha!! :D Passing the Pogo. Too cute! Ok, that performace was seriously STONEYriffic. I'm going back for some more! *bounces up and down*
    Exactly! That's how I feel, and what I was thinking. It's too awesome. :D:D:D

And I can't watch those interviews either. :(

Oh, and thanks for the pics!!!!!
    --

To have fallen for me
    Kelly, that video is TOTALLY rad!! POGOStoney pogoing from one side of the stage to the other :p TOO CUTE!!! and did you all notice that at the beginning of the video, he turns around and does his flick and holds his arm up in the air? :o TOO MUCH man!! And I LOVE it how Robert Pollard (ex Guided by Voices frontman) gave Stoney a HUG!! :D

Marina, I am SO jealous that you got to see Stone up close during that time...*growls like a cat b/c of his sexyness* :p WOW! And remember the SNL performance from 1992?! Wearing his hair in a half of a ponytail and jumping around and getting into the music! And seeing that Cinn. video reminds me and VEDHEAD of the early 90s. :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    I agree, Nadia! I love when he jumps all around. It's awesome. That's why the earlier stuff is still some of my favorite footage to watch. :D The hug was too much. :o

Count me in as a jealous one of Marina. Some amazing stories.
    --

To have fallen for me
  • VEDHEAD27 wrote:

ha! Totally! :D He's SUPER DUCK!

Aw and I can't watch the VSPOT on my Mac. Booo! I am so aching to see these old interviews that you guys are talking about! :/

I gave you this days and days ago girl. Told you Stone was rocking OUT during Baba!!! I'm glad u finally got a chance to see it. I knew you'd LOVE it.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Okay, Stone still, to this day, completely loses me when he starts going into his explanations... but dammit....

The guy is a fukeen brilliant guitarist and songwriter!!

He truly has written some of the most memorable opening riffs and melodies in music ever... think about it...

Alive... it should be time capsuled.
    Okay, Stone still, to this day, completely loses me when he starts going into his explanations... but dammit....
    I imagine this response comes after watching Storytellers? I get to watch that today!!! :D
    --

To have fallen for me
    WOW! :eek: STONEYTELLERS was DA BOMB! Kind of disappointed though that it was only an hour long. me, Pati, and Lydia were like, 'is it over?' :( Hearing Stone talk, I could just listen to him talk for a long time:)

During Gone, this made me laugh, Stone is sitting down and playing his guitar, at one moment instead of strumming down on the guitar, he plucks, then moves his hand up as if he was playing the harp :p

PLUS, the duck man was wearing an ORANGE shirt! :eek: i know the instant he started playing Alive, all of us in the room were quiet. Stoney is truly rockin' out!!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    haha. Now I got you saying that too?!? hehehee. :D Awww I know though Nad, it was over WAY too quick. And of course I kept waiting for ARMY RESERVE. :p But yes, it was absolutely beyond words A-MAZING while it lasted. :) Eddie was cracking me up to no end (the Steve Tyler part?! HA!!!) and awwwww, the "curse lifted"?!?! :( :o:) *sniff sniff* Sooo fuckin beautiful!! God damn I LOVE THIS BAND!!!

Hearing Stoney talk about ALIVE was very special. *sigh*
    ANd how about him straight up lounging?!? ahhahaa. Daaamn dude!
    Wait a minute, that weird ass harp style plucking during GONE? :eek:HA!!
    *falls on floor lauging*
    This man is a duckin RIOT!!
    :D

And yep yep, rockin the orange like only he knows how.
    :cool:
    Speaking of which...I gotta get my orange *~STONEY~* sign ready for take off.
    3 days!! AHH~ I'm in shock once again! 3 days???:eek: NO fuckin WAY.

*hyperventalates*

"Lo√e, you know the word

• AliAli Posts: 2,621
    stone should wear more green,dark to match his beautiful eyes:)
    A whisper and a thrill
    A whisper and a chill
    adv2005

"Why do I bother?"
    The 11th Commandment.
    "Whatever"

PETITION TO STOP THE BAN OF SMOKING IN BARS IN THE UNITED STATES....Anyone?
    BTW dear Nadi...I found something that reminded me of you. :D
    Are you sitting down? :eek:
    I'm sure you're about to join me in my hyperventalating once you see this....

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/PJ/snl92_alive_stone_600.jpg

"Lo√e, you know the word

VEDHEAD27 wrote:

Um, I'm going to join in on the hyperventilating now. :o
    --

To have fallen for me
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:

GAH! :eek:

*faints*

um, um, HUH?! hhahaha :p LOVE that pic!!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Just finished watching the Live at MSG (YES, AGAIN!!!!!!)

......another 'Stoney-Pogo' moment with and added arm wave........

so funny, gets me giggling everytime
    ~~The sea will rise, please stand by the shore~~
    ~~~~Oh I will be, I will be there once more~~~~

2006 Tour
    10/11 Brisbane
    13/11 Melbourne
    14/11 Melbourne
    16/11 Melbourne
    19/11 Newcastle
    25/11 Perth

Hall-le-lu-jah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • VEDHEAD27 wrote:

That is friggin sweet! Just when I thought I'd seen every image of him out there...how cool.

BTW, all the video clips you guys post are awesome. God bless whoever created YouTube. You guys have been finding some great stuff!
    "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" - The Young Ones