Love for Stone Gossard Thread

Comments

• must add my mark to this. the man is a god.
    PJ Shows:

9/05/2000 Pittsburgh
    4/26/2003 Pittsburgh
    6/23/2006 Pittsburgh

Under your tongue...I’m like a tab...
    I will give you what...you’re not s’posed to have
    Pearl Jam - Last Exit
  • SmilinSkullRingSmilinSkullRing Posts: 1,230
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    i have the cd, when i get home, I'll upload some songs that feature Stone on it and send it to you:) that is if my internet is not being a pain in the arse! :p

my girl, pati, hooked me up w/EVERYTHING that Stone did. which ROCKS!! :D I also have Green River stuff too!!:) Which I told Lydia I would burn some stuff for her. :D
    Green River has some good stuff!

And thanks! If your comp. isn't being a pain it would be cool to hear some of the songs. :)
    "Longitudes, latitudes, it's so absurd
    I just need someone to be there for
    I just want someone to be there for
    Someone to be there for me"
    --

"Well, you say it’s bad luck
    To have fallen for me
    Well what can I do to make it good for you
    I’ll call you beautiful if I call at all"
    must add my mark to this. the man is a god.
    :cool: Right on. Welcome to the thread GodsDice. :)
    --

To have fallen for me
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    must add my mark to this. the man is a god.

WELCOME to the LOVE fest GodsDice724 :D Truly, the man is a GOD!! Stone is a force to be reckin with :cool:
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
    BUMP for STONE!!! :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Gen5Gen5 Posts: 405
    Ummmmm.....SF would be Pati's hometown shows as well.....
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.myspace.com/poworgen5

www.generationFIVE.org
    Gen5 wrote:
    Ummmmm.....SF would be Pati's hometown shows as well.....

of course you too Pati!! :) i'll be rockin' out w/you at 2 out of the 3 shows :D i'm sorry sweetie i forgot you. I feel so bad now:( you know, there will be a Stoney's Ponies/Bitches convergence @ the Gorge. :D We are going to take a picture and put it in the scrapbook :) and you know u are a fellow Pony :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    of course you too Pati!! :) i'll be rockin' out w/you at 2 out of the 3 shows :D i'm sorry sweetie i forgot you. I feel so bad now:( you know, there will be a Stoney's Ponies/Bitches convergence @ the Gorge. :D We are going to take a picture and put it in the scrapbook :) and you know u are a fellow Pony :D

It's cool Nadia.........did you guys know that this post started on my b-day last year???????????? look at the first post it was my b-day.......just a little trivia for ya.....
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.generationFIVE.org
  • I am mineI am mine Posts: 29
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    I just can't believe last night, they played IN HIDING!! WOW!!! That song kicks SO much ass!! One of the BEST Gossard/Vedder compositons!!

WHOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I couldn't agree more...!!! If there's one song i'd love to hear live on this tour, it's IN HIDING (and Parachutes.. :D)!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed!!
    To the universe, I don't mean a thing, but there is just one word I still believe and it's .....LOVE!

Proud EVENFLOW PSYCHO member #0021.....WWWWAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Amsterdam '96, Arnhem '06, Antwerpen '06, Dusseldorf '07, Nijmegen '07 and Werchter '07
    Gen5 wrote:
    It's cool Nadia.........did you guys know that this post started on my b-day last year???????????? look at the first post it was my b-day.......just a little trivia for ya.....

oh WOW! that is awesome!! you see, you have a Stoney connection. I remember on your b-day 2 years ago, that we had your b-day celebration on Stoney's b-day!! :D That was fun! Virtual bowling in SF w/you, me, Lydi, Lori, Charles, and his boyfriend and kids, BOWLING w/STONEY! :cool:

and SOMEONE's b-day is coming up on Wed.;) we should get together and celebrate it girl!! :D Its YOUR b-day!! YEA!! :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    That's cool, Pati!!
    --

To have fallen for me
    I am mine wrote:
    WHOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I couldn't agree more...!!! If there's one song i'd love to hear live on this tour, it's IN HIDING (and Parachutes.. :D)!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed!!

oh yeah, HOW could I forget that?! PARACHUTES, I SO want to hear it live SO bad! I remember that they soundchecked it but it wasn't played until Boston. VEDHEAD here, got to hear it! :) I am crossing my fingers as well to hear that song live. :D

lets hope we get those songs live at our shows :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • MarinaMarina Posts: 9
    In the fall of 1988 my then boyfriend took me to the Central Tavern in Seattle, to hear a local band named Mother Love Bone. We walked in the club with the show in process. The band was stopped, perhaps adjusting equipment, I do not recall. I was immediately drawn to the arresting appearance of one of the guitarists, who had sat down on the edge of the drum kit riser during the break. He had extremely large green eyes, a prominent nose, shoulder length thick straight light brown hair, and was wearing a pale blue t-shirt and jeans, with a rhinestone bracelet around one wrist. When the music started up, I was entranced. The band’s sound was mysterious, intriguing, exhilarating, and somehow touching. Later I realized that the songs bearing that unmistakable stamp were by and large those composed by Stone Gossard (lyrics by Andrew Wood, of course), he of the arresting presence. I felt that Bone China, Stardog Champion, and others were the most wonderful rock songs I had ever heard. I saw as many performances as possible, including the last Mother Love Bone show a year and a half later, before the untimely death of Andy Wood.
    Great story, Marina! :) Welcome to the board, and more importantly, in my opinion, welcome to the thread. :D
    --

To have fallen for me
    Thank you! You guys are great: very supportive and entertaining. Stone is fortunate.
    Here is another memory for you good people.
    By late 1990 I think it was, Stone and Jeff Ament unleashed their phoenix from the ashes of Mother Love Bone, they began playing around Seattle under the name Mookie Blaylock, before deciding on Pearl Jam. People were excited, the death of Andrew had been terribly sad, and left a huge hole in the Seattle music scene. I saw what I believe was the first public show, and ladies and gentlemen I am here to tell you the wall of sound was a wave, the sparkling, refreshing, thrilling ride that is Even Flow. Stone and Mike were out at the lip of the stage, standing symmetrically facing out. In tandem they undulated slowly and the longer they played the larger the undulations until they were arching backward. It was the sexiest thing I have ever seen men do on stage. Many of the songs that ended up on Ten were performed. The crowd was ecstatic. Fifteen and a half years later, it seems little has changed on that score.
    Wow Marina, those are BEAUTIFUL memories....thank you so much for sharing them. I think it's incredible when an artist can maintain their creativity and desire to make music like Stone has for as long as he has. I mean he has been apart of the Seattle "scene" for so long but he still has NEW ENERGY around everything he does. It's so intense. It's what keeps me being a fan, that's for sure. You just know that he is pouring out every emotion he has when he is performing!!! It's overwhelming and breathtaking. And it's been very healing to me personally and I will be forever grateful that he followed his dream.
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.generationFIVE.org
  • yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    oh yeah, HOW could I forget that?! PARACHUTES, I SO want to hear it live SO bad! I remember that they soundchecked it but it wasn't played until Boston. VEDHEAD here, got to hear it! :) I am crossing my fingers as well to hear that song live. :D

lets hope we get those songs live at our shows :D
    I want to see everyone's reaction, when Ed sings "Parachutes have opened now" and everyone opens there's arms...I can just see it...feel the LOVE!!!!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
    Marina, first of all, welcome to the LOVE FEST, and 2nd, THANK U SO much for sharing your memories of MLB and Stoney. :) It is really touching to hear that from someone who was actually there to see the late, and great Andy Wood perform:) you are blessed!

Truly, Stone is an amazing talent that he doesn't get enough credit for!! I'm glad that there are other people out there that think the same thing:)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    giving this thread a BUMP for the evening crew....YEA!! :D

Storytellers on Sat. and me and my fellow ponies, Pati and Lydia are going to watch it!! I can't wait!! WeEEEEEEE!!

Ladies and gentlemen, only a few weeks til the GORGE!! :eek:

For all you ponies and bitches out there, we are having a get-together at the CCFA table @ the Gorge

details here, limited at the moment, but I promise I'll add to it!! :D

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=201671
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    i must be honest, parachutes live is better than you even imagine it being.

ed smiled the BIGGEST SMILE EVER when he hit that superhigh note. he was so proud of himself.

siiiiigh.
    take your money and your drugs.
    i don't doubt it Grace it sounds BETTER live!! I hope they play this song @ the Gorge or at ONE of the SF shows me and my girl, Pati is attending...we have yet to hear it but I know we'll hear it soon:)

I am watching the PJ Box Set on VSPOT (http://www.vh1.com) and it is chalk full of videos (which I never knew they 'made' a video for daughter, but you'll see, I think Epic put it together since PJ wouldn't do it :)) and interviews w/Stoney and Jeff throughout the years. and WHOA! I must say, Stoney w/the ponytail and the hat and the goatee, WHOA!! :eek: Stellar Gossard i must say;)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    I am watching the PJ Box Set on VSPOT (http://www.vh1.com) and it is chalk full of videos (which I never knew they 'made' a video for daughter, but you'll see, I think Epic put it together since PJ wouldn't do it :)) and interviews w/Stoney and Jeff throughout the years. and WHOA! I must say, Stoney w/the ponytail and the hat and the goatee, WHOA!! :eek: Stellar Gossard i must say;)
    :eek: I need to see that!!!!!!

Marina, again, thank you for sharing your memories. :)
    --

To have fallen for me
  • yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    i don't doubt it Grace it sounds BETTER live!! I hope they play this song @ the Gorge or at ONE of the SF shows me and my girl, Pati is attending...we have yet to hear it but I know we'll hear it soon:)

I must see what is going on in here!!!!A daughter video????
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • I love STONE! I can't believe I haven't posted in this thread yet!
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • I am mineI am mine Posts: 29
    MeddleDeal wrote:

Hahahahaha... Stoneys hat has a big 'S' on it... so funny.... ;)
    To the universe, I don't mean a thing, but there is just one word I still believe and it's .....LOVE!

Proud EVENFLOW PSYCHO member #0021.....WWWWAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Amsterdam '96, Arnhem '06, Antwerpen '06, Dusseldorf '07, Nijmegen '07 and Werchter '07
    I am mine wrote:
    Hahahahaha... Stoneys hat has a big 'S' on it... so funny.... ;)

i didn't even notice that! hahahahahahaha :p
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    Marina, first of all, welcome to the LOVE FEST, and 2nd, THANK U SO much for sharing your memories of MLB and Stoney. :)

It's my pleasure. You guys are so positive, it's a fabulous thing to see.
    Marina, again, thank you for sharing your memories. :)
    You are welcome, I am certain to come up with more soon!
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Wow Marina! I must agree with everyone else...your memories are absolutely beautiful. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING!! How truly blessed you are to have experienced MLB live. :o *bows down* I was actually just listening to them the other day. It's always so bittersweet. *sigh*
    I got stuck on Bone China for a loooong time. :cool: Actually...I think I'll go get some more of that right about now. :D

Speaking of our beloved MLB....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNVtSLrDJLY
    I LOVE that video!
    And check out our little Stoney! hahahha. Nice fit. :D This guitar work is frickin delicious though! "the love bone breakdown" Wooooo!

Just like Pati perfectly said, our Renaissance Man has been apart of the Seattle "scene" for so long yet he still has NEW ENERGY around everything he does. It's absolutely mindblowing! He just keeps reinventing his greatness! His talent is frickin off the charts! It's like the energizer DUCK if you will. :p Keeps going and going and quacking and going and going. :p The man is a gift that just keeps on giving. :) I am beyond grateful and will never stop praising the gift that is Stoney G!

Oooh Nadi! Thanks for the heads up on that! I gotta go watch that later on tonight!! The STONEY-tail is a poppin huh? hahahha. Oh and I am SO pumped for STONEY tellers...I mean, STORYTELLERS! Woooo!

Hey NothinGBetteRPJMaN...welcome to the LOVE FEST.

Also, I would love to talk about PARACHUTES live but I seriously can't even go there right now..........
    :o!!!!!!!

Aww and one more thing Marina, thanks for your sweet words about us! This thread really is so positive! I love it. I've never seen so much love & positivity surrounding one person. The best (SG) is bringing out the best in our PJ love. Aww! And how sweet of you to say...."Stone is fortunate."?! Aww! :D Well the fortune goes round and round here in PONYLAND!

*~*"We fill it up....with the love...OF A BOY"*~*
    :o
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • AliAli Posts: 2,621
    does Stone Like Pork Chops?

I'd Rather Drink.anything At This Point.

:(
    A whisper and a thrill
    A whisper and a chill
    adv2005

"Why do I bother?"
    The 11th Commandment.
    "Whatever"

PETITION TO STOP THE BAN OF SMOKING IN BARS IN THE UNITED STATES....Anyone?